/bfg/ - Battlefield General

1944 Edition

>PART 2 OF TURNING TIDES IS OUT NOW
PATCH NOTES

battlefield.com/news/article/improving-battlefield-1-weapon-balance?setLocale=en-us

TTK CHANGED A LOT
>SHOTGUNS FIXED
>SMGS DOMINATE
>LMGs MAKE MORE DAMAGE
>MEDIC RIFLES MORE ACCURATE
>snipers can suck cock, no changes

APOCALYPSE ALSO SOON
battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/apocalypse
(probably 28th of February)

APOCALYPSE MAPS SECOND LOOKS

youtube.com/watch?v=TXByso7FZPg

>>>LINKSPLATOONSFAQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1QW9dbadfZA
youtube.com/watch?v=AUnndQjHT2g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Holy shit is that real???

lol nah

its just fanmade in gmod

Bumping for a good start

Is it just me or does Passchendaele look way too small in those previews

all maps look small in the previews but aren't that small when your on the ground

youtube.com/watch?v=1QW9dbadfZA

>Omaha Beach, Normandy Landings operation
>playing as allies
>defeat
>Commander speech: Our landings in the Cherbourg-Havre area have failed to gain a satisfactory foothold and I have withdrawn the troops. My decision to attack at this time and place was based upon the best information available. The troops, the air and the Navy did all that Bravery and devotion to duty could do. If any blame or fault attaches to the attempt it is mine alone.
>Mother: Though successful the allied landings at Normandy were fraught with operational disasters; landing craft were blown yards from their objectives, tanks bogged down in the tide as well as naval and aerial bombardments missing their targets wildly leaving German defenses unscathed, had further such critical errors been made or the allies forced to withdraw it would have been a major blow to the allied war effort. With France remaining occupied and Germany able to divert its powerful panzer divisions to other fronts the war possibly would have continued for another few months at least and the future of General Dwight D. Eisenhower as supreme allied commander would have been very uncertain indeed.

>ptrs as weapon any scout/assault could use
They could have shown them with a nugget or some other rifle

That's a tank hubter kit you fucking mongo

Well excuse me. The guy hold the papasha is wearing an identical uniform though. Is he a tank hunter too?

not identical

How many scraps do you have?

reminder to use the RSC before it gets nerfed

Which weapon do you hate most? I’m honestly starting to hate the gewehr 98 sniper over the smgs. I’ve been killed so many times by faggots just laying on a hill using that fucking thing.

>can two shot kill up to 70 meters
what kind of braindead retards work at DICE? are they even trying to use their noggins?

I haven’t even seen a usage spike of it. Still avtomats out of the ass.

Please don’t die again

It's destined to. Just like the franchise.

Just like me

Soviet must be my good luck charm.

WW2 is a gaylord setting

Are you retarded?

I am. Are you?

>Hellriegel still exists
No. I don't think they've ever used their noggins.

No, because I was able to instantly see that you were wrong.

Cool. If I ever need a professional retard detector, I know where to look

I got you man.

>Let's just make the 1895 Trench irrelevant: The Gun

>Friendship ended with 1895 Trench; M1903 Experimental is my new best friend

>Dead discord links for more then a week

Meant for

Both of the links are dead?

You tell me

Is there any better feeling than blowing a faggot in an Arty Truck up to smithereens

>on St. Quentin
>memeing it up with the Ilya Muromets, tanks everywhere fear me and my repairwhore
>finally get gunned down by 2 AA guns at once
>bail because there was a 0% chance of me getting out of there
>land near AA artillery truck
>assault bros nearby are fucking it up
>driver bails
>gets gunned down instantly
>see a golden opportunity
>hop in the truck before the assaults blow it up
>it doesn't die because lol no friendly fire
>get a 20 man streak and kill their Airship

Doing God's work user
>The Virgin Tanker abandons his tank instead of dying in a blaze of glory
>The Airchad falls from the sky and takes it from him, doing a better job than the Tanker ever did

I bought Dazzle Bronze
Was it worth it

It's almost like you've never stolen an abandoned vehicle in a BF game before

no. should've saved ur scraps for silver victory.

Finally

>play scout
>feel empty when I get an assist
>feel lucky when I get a headshot
>only feel good when I get a oneshot torso kill

anybody else know this feel?

>le green text
>le play scout
>le just aim for the upper torso
>le get two hit kills all day
>le headshots on easier targets
>le feel like the game is shit when I get le sweetspot kills

Can't say I know that feel.
lebel infantry btw

pfft more like
>miss guy but get suppression assist anyway
>hit guy for 90% but support friendo converts to assist
>sweetspot guy and hold position to fuck his medic too
>blast enough flares that they can't sneak onto points
>k bullet the fuck outta tank tracks so treadfuck can't run from assaults

I don't see what the problem is here user...

I love hit people with flares. I aim at them on purpose

>playing scout
You deserve more than this pain.

>shoot a guy with a clear view
>see the bullet travel into/through him
>no hit

Did you have a moderate/high ping?

Why does this zoom out thing happen to me some times? Is it my fov setting?

Katana when? I want *teleport behind* hill fuckers.

How was Part 2 of Turning Tides? I haven't been around to play.

Heligoland is good.
Zeebrugge is not.

Pretty much this

Huh, unlocking the MG1917 skin on Albion didn't take nearly as long as I anticipated.

What’s the name of the spoopy skeleton skin? I saw some one talking about it in the thread that had reached the bump limit, but they never said the name of it

'An Escalation'

Cool. Now that there’s a skin involved, I might actually try the Easter egg. Do the first 2 parts take a lot of effort?

just follow this video: youtube.com/watch?v=AUnndQjHT2g

part one isn't particularly difficult, just tedious and long as hell. It took me about 12 hours. Part 2 is more of a puzzle, actually made me think a little. Took about 3 hours. The skin one only took an hour, same with the Zeebrugge one.

Congrats m8.

Bump

>he doesn't play the class that uses single-action rifles in a WWI game

>He doesn't help his team

>he assumes all scouts just sit on a hill 2 miles away from the action

Post your shit boys

Just got 130 yesterday. Some dude walked over my flare and killed himself, the final few points to squeeze out that last rank up.

Do people actually enjoy Operation? I just don't fucking get it.
What's fun in battlefield is the gunplay, having a big map to run around, be smart about your flanking, use vehicules, and cap intelligently the points to win the game.

Operation has literally none of this. 80% f the time you're chucking nades behind a cover and not shooting anything, the map is reduced to chokepoints after chokepoints, there's no being smart about caping because it's just a brainless grind,
It's not rewarding to play because you'll get one or two kills and then focused down by a group of 10 enemies. The only people you see doing well are people camping far away from the objectives and being too scared to lose their arty truck/plane to ever risk dying. How can you enjoy this if you actually like Battlefied

>SMG 08/18 firerate is buffed from 450 to 770 rounds per minute in the Apocalypse DLC

>He can't click on people

>post you're shit
ftfy

>Take a Trench Raider from 100 to 0 with the MP18 Trench

I have 20-30, I read a while a go that the ideal ping for hit detection is 60ish.

Also why are shotguns so inconsistant, I can instant kill someone 10m away from me but point blank and I get 10 damage. Same goes for dying in a shoot out point blank, the amount of times I should have hit the guy and maybe even kill them while going down, I hear the gun shot but no damage.

In your face snipers are best snipers, those niggas dropping flares and picking people off in fire fights are the really MVP, fuck those edge of the map campers.

>buffed
That shit is terrible.
My favourite smg gutted.
Why are people obsessed with theoretical TTK rather than realistic TTK?
Miss a couple shots with that recoil machine and it's just a shit as everything else.
Current SMG 08/18 is nice as consistent, decent at midrange and a good TTK if you keep your shots.

agreed, it's my favorite because it's super controllable out to longer ranges if you tap fire and if you get your flank on you can mow down whole squads.

Jesus christ.

>12 hours
I don’t want to anymore

damn blueberries

yeah, it happens to me but i use the highest fov

>boys

trannies are still boys you fag

I joined the platoon through the mobile app (couldn't find the option anywhere else)
But nothing has changed in game for me, how do I actually do platoon stuff?

There is no "platoon stuff" you just join the same games as your platoon members
If your squad is made up of 5 people from the same platoon and you capture a flag, it will have a smaller flag on the staff with the platoon emblem on it.

You’re the fag, cunt. I’m a grown ass man.

I use the highest setting, too. That explains it

>Fog
>Gas
>Smoke
>Both Flare types in front of you
>Explosions
>Gunfire
>Gas mask on
>Blood on your screen as you have 1 health
>Visibility?
>Zero.

>heligoland
>spawn on C and beat a guy to the fortress gun
>he spends the majority of the match jumping up and down trying to block my sight
Lmao

So there's no interface actually in the game relating to platoons?

There is a page that will show you the platoons you're in and the other players in the platoon, it even shows you who is playing at the moment.
The symbol looks like home base on the far left of the screen (at least on PC)

Live

I doubt it will be titled 1944. That would limit the game to battles that happened during 1944. Smart money is on "Battlefield 1939-1945".

Been getting much better within this last month or so.
I mostly play solo (90% of my play time). I noticed that when I play with 2 or more people my k/d doubles, and my kpm goes up by like 25%. Does this happen to anyone else? Is this why sometimes there's people with such ridiculous stats? Is playing solo really such a handicap?

It's gonna be Battlefield 1 II

>Get a Marksman Bonus 62 while suppressed and only using my bipod while out of ADS, killing the Support suppressing me

except BF 1942 and 1943 had battles that took place outside them years

>doxxing yourself