/scg/edg/ Star Citizen Elite Dangerous General #259

Loitering Edition
Star Citizen Information:

Alpha 3.0 PTU is released for all backers. You must download the new patcher from the RSI website.
install.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/RSI-Setup-1.0.0.exe

>Comprehensive look at the current state of Star Citizen
youtube.com/watch?v=IbhBNWU0Rxw

>Squadron 42 Vertical Slice
youtube.com/watch?v=qcHAfaQh3QE

>Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>FAQs
pastebin.com/267DHffX

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC to become playable.

Elite Dangerous v2.4 is online with improvements to base game and dlc content.
Frontier announced a new expansion called "Beyond" and will offer it for free to everyone who bought horizon.
Season three will focus on refining core gameplay and introducing new content.

3.0 Beta is live and free for all commandos! Patch notes:
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/401680-3-0-Open-Beta-Patch-Notes

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcubierre_drive
youtube.com/watch?v=N_Hi3dsddV0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ded gaems

It's a religious holiday in the US.

Your post titled "When is 3.0 going to be fixed?" has been removed as it reads as a rant.
Criticism is always welcome on Spectrum when it's constructive.
When open ended critical statements are posted that do not offer anything constructive to it, it is considered FUD.
implying in your original post that the project is a scam or that you are being lied to is unjustified and inappropriate.

Posts discussing rumors or misinformation, personal opinion as fact, are not allowed.
Posts designed to rile up or divide the community and spread unrest, including FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) are not allowed.

Was that your thread?

that can't be real

welcome to the spectrum

it's not, they don't give reasons for deleting threads.

>we all do missions to buy armor but there's no pvp to speak of
they need to make some conflicting ground missions, steal back the crate etc

OwO What's this?

lol is this actually a hab in grim or is it somewhere else

Judging from the journal entry i got it's the bennyhenge guys room
it's in grim

comfy

Is Grimhex still buggy as fuck? Like opening doors and using the elevator?

always worked 4 me

Whats the best weapon for close/midrange battles? Something to fight in that derelict space station (cant remember its name).

ballistic rifle

Why would you want to fight people in covalex

>playing star meme

A new low

>believing /v/ memes
this is the true bottom of the barrel.

oh it actually got some upboats after I went to bed.

So did that start here or there?

>snowflakes, baby bottles and poo emojis
kek, if you're gonna do the reddit format I have to say this is the way to go about it

it's literally how something awful does it

After clearing pirates a bunch of times on Yela i got a player bounty

Fucker logged off,got a 2nd one

>SC combat logging
is this the beginning of a new epic meme?

Aaaaand i missed,chased him around until he went to PO.I rammed him but didn't get the credit.

He logged off in levski

Get out out and die u lil shit

>assuming direct control

no issues here

>#fakenews
>fuck off retard
>>>/10bux/

Are their any engineer effects that I can put on my weapons that will take heat away from my ship when I fire the weapon?
I'm in a Diamondback Explorer trying to do a silent running build.

Ye is true fair sir.
Superimas Bowliquorum it's called. .

who are you quoting?

>ganking auroras with a hornet

nab

Is this the safest solo jew ship from SC?

Whichever will be faster between that one, hull b or catterpillar.

Got another bounty

>-mission(TargetName)
CROOOBEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSS

desu i'm more mad about my missiles not firing

He fucking dced lmao,logged back and got a bounty iisued again

Finally caught up,even tho i repaired my ship in atmo it's acting wildy

He had a friend

Ah so you can grab weapons off the dead

Thermal vent, but I'm pretty sure if you discharge weapons with your heat vents closed you're still going to get cooked.

so are both the website and the game down? can't login to the launcher but I thought maybe I had my password wrong but the website is down for me too

yep

they're finally running with the money. this is it. if you haven't refunded already then RIP

good thing I've only spent $13 on my own money :^) really though, is the new site going up or something? I haven't paid any attention to SC since 3.0 came out and was unplayable for me.

new sites was up days ago

ah I see. sites back up now and it looks exactly the fucking same. jesus... and no new updates for the game either? not even a small little patch?

fuck CROBERTS. there's no way his wife isn't fucking a bunch of black dudes behind his back.

the new stuff was for newbs and it came out with 3.0.1

eh, fuck it. I'm not even going to bother launching it. it's just going to be a waste of time.sounds like nothing has been added to E:D yet either. fuck space and the games made about it.

I'm just gonna go play more DBFZ GOTY btw

>dads on the forum arguing about the "manoeuverability" of a ship almost the size of a clipper
>chieftain is unsuited for combat because the opponent is arthritic, insists on using dumb rockets and actually cannot track I guess

Dead games

>have to trade in over 50 different markets to unlock this Chink Lei Cheung
>you have to grind for the privilege of grinding for engineer stuff
I'm only halfway and I already hate this guy despite never actually meeting him. Whats worse is this cunt also wants 50 units of gold when I'm done.

oh shit I thought they had gotten rid of player bounties, nice

hey, since the little objective triangle stays on them at all times, does it make it harder or easier to shoot them? on the one hand, more HUD shit can be distracting when trying to line up pips, but on the other, in this version they've made the ship marker way too fucking wide, so landing your shots inside it still means a miss the majority of the time unless you're dead center.

No playable Yajirobe. Almost refunded.

>chasing bounties to the surface and shooting them in person
this must be so satisfying. that fag wasn't even wearing any armor

makes no difference,bit harder to confirm which ship they got
wasn't a bounty,just some guy in kareah who spooked the shit out of me

Is it bad that I want more pics of Sandi?

No, it just shows you have no taste.

no, not really. there's quite a few on the internet if you really want some. she's definitely cute but she kind of seems like a gold digger... failed actress type who married into money and job opportunities essentially. it's a pretty classic formula. she's not some unbelievably beautiful women but she's definitely out of Croberts league.

>out of a millionaire's league
no such thing homie

is right. Harvey Weinstein fucked almost every hot actress in Hollywood.

yeah, by threatening to ruin their careers or forcing himself on them.

nah, it's a thing... they just over look it for the money.

elite dongereous is so cool but i find myself not knowing what to do after i mastered the art of landing and cargo scooping.

Went back to try it out and kinda lost on what to do, if there is anything. Maybe ill run some missions and land on some planets. Whats a good all-rounder ship?

Sounds like you haven't had to unlock Palin yet. Have fun with Marco Qwent.
Also there's a market in Lei Cheung's system that sells gold.

>they just over look it for the money.
you don't understand. money and power literally makes women horny

How come when I want to slam into a planet at mach 2+ does my ship just bounce and tumble across this surface? How is this supported with lore?

cobra

The frame shift drive is based off the real-world concept of the Alcubierre drive. The "speed" you see in supercruise isn't your actual speed; you're only moving as fast as your ship can move in normal space. The FSD moves space around your ship to give an effective speed faster than light. So when you're flying around in supercruise and you get too close to a planet or star, the ship detects that you're too close and emergency drops you out of supercruise so you don't obliterate yourself.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcubierre_drive

Actually I meant in SC, but thanks for the effort anyway. I should have been more clear.

>reading comprahension

>How is this supported with lore
probably something like
>DUDE SHIELDS LMAO
because when you try to do this without shields you just asplode

E:Diots, lend me your ears.
I have had a Vulture, had a FGS, have a Viper III, DBE, Python, and Anaconda.
I want a tough brawler. Something that can hit and be hit. I was dissatisfied with the FGS and sold it, but I may not have given it a proper shakedown (or outfitting). Should I try it again or something else?

Please refer to: youtube.com/watch?v=N_Hi3dsddV0

Second for the FDS. Way underrated.

>real-world concept of the Alcubierre drive
That's not a real-world concept.

Hmm.. I did like the clarity of view on the FGS. Anyone have any experience with the FAS? I hear it is the worst of the 3.

There is no 'worst of' in that line of ships. Every one of them does something exceptionally well.

It's what I have now. Once you overcharge the powerplant, you can do what you want with it. It's a simple layout that you can put a decent armor and shield package on.
In my case, I have clean drives because you don't really need the extra handling over being able to boost while silent. As long as you Kenny Rogers and know when to fold em, it's pretty good. The FDS is way tankier and easier to fight with and setup.

It is a theoretical concept that exists in the real world, pedant.

Me sticking my dick into your mom exists as a theoretical concept in the real world.