/rwg/ - Rimworld General

Previous Thread #
Where to get mods:
lttlword.ru/category/rimworld
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=15.0
steamcommunity.com/app/294100/workshop/

Mod List pastebin.com/raw/txikU8ti (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=23195103089019682352
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

rip

Rimworld is s fun

>not using this as op
ONE
JOB

>he doesn't cheat

I give my colony 3 miracles

Why? We already have a thread on /v/ and its beautiful

>generals on /v/
you know thats why this board exists right

Just go look at it

post base

I need glitter medicine how do I get it?

Prosthetic traders.

What's that? There is bulk trader, combat trader, exotic good trader, and pirate merchant

exotic is the one he means

Is it the thread with the retard who took a picture of his screen?

Thanks!

What biome are you looking forward to the most? I know people are excited for the underwater maps but that sound like too much of a pain in the ass to manage and it means you can't fight tribals. I'll settle for tropical islands.

I haven't even tried the cavern one, looks like shit imo

is combat extend b18 out yet?
or might a well just wait for 1.0?

>can't fight tribals

Dont know, don't care. Shit mod.

I wish there was a mod that separated pirates into a "bandit" faction which use basic weapons and armor and an "offworld merc" faction which had advanced weapons and armor.

rainbeau already has an archipelago mod

i felt like it could use more recent posts

Hey, thats my post the cheat guy was responding to!

Its very bad

Why do people say Vegetable Garden is bloated?
The variety of different crops is nice and it's a one-stop-shop if your looking for a mod that allows you to make stuff you usually have to buy like neutromine and synthread.

I can only guess that people don't like all the new and useless food that functions like regular meals, but the mod comes in parts and you don't need to install the part that adds that.

>add "variety" of food that serves no purpose
>Makes get neutromine fucking easy
>makes it easy to get synthread...but synthread was never useful to begin with so it doesn't matter
People call it bloat because it bloats the game with garbage, and they are right.

You have 3 types of meal in the game, easily identificable and easy to produce. You know when to produce them.
>Extreme biome?
Potatoes
>temperate?
>Corn
>Need quick food?
Rice
You don't need anything else.
I would delete strawberries from the game if I could, but I get Tynan's reason to add it "can be eaten raw", still its pushing its limits of usability. Vegetable garden adds nothing of value.

>Hating variety this much

Why not just play with spreadsheets?

>If I call it variety it isn't bloat
You asked, I answered.

Now you're being insulting. So do we begin to call each other names for the next hour or are you gonna grow up?

Fuck everybody else, I like it.

I just don't understand why someone would want the game to be limited to only three or four different food crops even if they are more efficient.

VG adds crops that are either just as efficient as corn or potatoes or have interesting uses like beans that can be turned into a meat substitute or snowbeats which grow during the winter. If people don't like it, fine, but it is by no means bloat; it fits seamlessly into the game both in terms of mechanics and art.

They definitely stick to the artstyle very well.

Because there is no reason to use anything else.
You list things as good additions when all they do is make you abandon the need to require meat(because we both know its way easier to farm than to hunt) and abandon the fear of winter and ever starving.

It doesn't fit "seamlessly" because the philosophies of that shitty modder are completely different than Tynan's one.
You dont want to hunt? Fine, but you get no fine meals. VG? You don't want to hunt? Lol doesn't matter you're a vegan now!
Why even add crops that are just like corn? Just use corn.

It isn't even variety. Its bloat. Weapon mods that aren't overpowered add variety. They have different % with different maximum tiles, and with different damage. Even if there is still "one weapon above all" you can find uses for most weapons except pistols depending on how wounded your pawns get. This is not the case with vegetables which only function on a nutrition, speed growth, and crop yield parameters.
We have fast growth, big yield, and potatoes which aren't affected by biomes. What more variety do you want that doesn't affect other areas of the game?

An actual thread? Did a new version come out?

Strawberries are great you pleb.

When do you use them. Teach me how to use them I seriously haven't found a use for them

I grow them early on in a small patch of fertile soil so my colonists don't need to cook and can work on more important things. I never really find any good reason to get rid of them after that even once I have corn going.

they have really high yield and arent shit like rice

this could all be solved by Ty programming a "variety of foods" mood buff

Waht do you mean by early on? You can have a fueled stove as soon as you start the game.

The yield was 45 or not?
They gave poor nutrition if memory serves me right. Fuck it gonna wiki it

I'm aware, it's so I can have all my colonists do something other than cooking meals for the first 10 days.

why would I use the minigun over an lmg? it can't hit shit

If you're really going to min/max you should only be using Assault Rifles and Snipers

The minigun is for blind people. The LMG is for people actually trying to hit something.

fueled stove needs fuel to be harvested and then the actual act of being fueled. you also have to have a pawn cook the food; the other guy is saying berries circumvent this, which they do. you can't be this dense on purpose.

It takes one second to fuel a stove

>have zombieland mod installed
>easy to get every colonist shooting stat to 15+ because zombie targets everywhere
>miniguns aren't spray n' prey anymore

feels good man

Are chickens worth the eggs? I can just feed them hay, right?

>not feeding them chicken...and cocaine

1 egg is like 10 meat so it's breddy gud for fine meals

I had a trillion chickens once, the lag was crazy and they were literally everywhere. It was cool though. They dont eat much

Why do power conduits disappear from time to time in my colony? Is it zzdt that I don't notice or what?

I think hay is filler for making kibble so you don't have to use a slower growing crop in the recipe, they can't eat it directly without a mod. it's completely pointless though because you can use raw rice as animal feed. the eggs aren't worth the bother. if you need a livestock for culling use domestic pigs or rats or anything that eats little and breeds quickly and doesn't have you fucking around with a middle man like eggs.

What if you lock the chickens in a box with nutrient paste?

>rat meat
sounds fun, i'll go for that

Pigs are better

you're still fucking around with eggs, and hay can't be made into nutrient paste as far as I'm aware if that's your plan. just pretend hay doesn't exist unless you mod it to not be shit desu. eggs have another flaw in that temperature can ruin them as oppose to animals that give live birth.

pigs aren't just sitting in the wild waiting to be tamed

Hay is good though, I use it for kibble.

>Husband divorces wife
>she throws tantrums here and there because of this
>One time she goes berserk because she got divorced and the husband, who is a sniper, was around the corner.
>he turns around shoots, pierces her heart
That will show her.

it really isn't and neither is kibble. the problem with kibble is it requires meat which means you're using meat... to raise animals for their meat. like I said livestock will eat raw rice. kibble's only appeal is it never spoils even without refrigeration, but rice lasts months unrefrigerated without spoiling anyway. (vanilla) hay's only appeal is as a kibble filler which is pointless because kibble is pointless.

but boars are, and they are the best war dogs/food

I use human and insect meat for kibble though, plus hay.

>feeding your animals human meat
obviously it doesn't matter gameplay wise, but that could go so badly

>not saving human meat for attack wargs
>not selling insect meat for hundreds of silver per infestation
>falling for the kibble meme when animals eat any raw shit you give them

there's even less reason to make kibble if you live in a biome that allows your animals to graze

Lek, i know right

i like to plant a big area of jute, and once planted i remove the growing zone and pasture my animals over it, jute regrows fast and feeds good

wtf is jute

C&P needs to do something about these children.
This kid hasn't hit 4 years old yet and he is my best researcher.

>3 years old
>beard
nice try, go back to dwarf fortress general you fag.

>10 chickens join
how do I build a coop

Not listing this in the op:
s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=23195103089019682352
TWO
JOBS

because you're using it wrong, minigun is one of the best guns in the game, just make your pawn shoot BEHIND your enemies and the ''missing'' bullets will hit your enemies

>mfw the general isn't dead

>having a dumping zone for bodies and chunks
>plenty of space
>open area
>colonist will not haul because there's no spot for it
??

are they restricted

no I figured it out though, the storage area was set to 40% and below, though I don't remember doing that

spoopy

FUUUCK! My game has too many mods, so now it is lagging...

how bad are you to need so many cheats

They aren't cheats.

Had this too. Realized I was probably just stoned and accidentally deconstructed some.

It's almost like making kibble give some sort of buff to your animals would make it worthwhile..

Modders?

When the fuck will the dwarf mod get updated? I want my dorfs.

Could make it help your animals to mature faster or increase the chances of having twins/triplets (or whatever the higher end for that animals birth size is)

Hey that's my post :D

fuck off it's not cheats

Tynan really need to rework that shit.

Say i have the choice to buy a pair of chickens and get pregnant eggs, is it better to cook the eggs before they hatch or is better to make chicken nuggets? also how much food a pair of chickens need?

Do animals graze during a caravan or I have to bring hay and other shit?

You have to bring food for them.

Time to accept death?

NEVER!

The first time I really got a colony going I needed a source of income and accidentally created a puppy mill. I didn't realize until I was selling 10-15 puppies every time a trader came by. That's why I love this game.

That's probably gonna bite you in the ass later. Quite literally.

Sell cats instead.