/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

hont

Moofy > Poogie

3(THREE) GEMS OFF ZORAH WITH VOUCHER

Why is melding so bad, even at the highest tier? The best thing I got was a goddamn Stealth decorations, no sign of Attack Up, Weakness Exploit or Critical Boost so far, just random elemental attack shit

Based OP

>spending 10 decorations to get one back

just go kill tempered vaal in less than 10 minutes for 3

Posting from the last thread
what's the benefit of sword and shield compared to DB?
The sheath speed is so quick so I don't really understand the ability to use items/slinger when drawn
the guard also allows a lot of chip damage through, so why wouldn't I just evade most shit considering the mobility?

FACT

All the better stuff being held up for G game, also,
gems are now talismans and viceversa.

bazel

>10 minutes
yikes

Slut

Does anyone else's pussy tighten when they see Odogaron?

>Trying to farm specific decorations
This isn't as bad as charms but still why do we always get some rng endgame system like this? I just want my handicraft gems.

stop posting this fucking slut

she fucks cats for free

Thank you. Its good to know you retards are so scared shitless of one single letter I can manipulate you into making a new thread just by mentioning it.
Never let anyone tell you your autism does nothing for anyone.

I've unlocked my HR and I'm still missing quite a few kitchen ingredients.

Do they unlock even later, like after a certain HR? Or do I have to keep delivering those ultra rare account items? What about the drinks?

Or do I need to finish the Endemic Life and Piscine Researchers' quest lines?
The Lynian Researcher seems to have replaced them on almost every map at this point, and he doesn't give me any new quests of his own.
I'm chasing the phantom Phantom Bird right now.

As for Piscine Researcher's quest line - I caught a fish in every region so far, but haven't met him since then.
Speaking of which. Does every fish have "great size" specimen or only some of them? Like, is there a "great size" platinumfish? Or only the regular ones, like sushifish or whetfish?

rng is the only way to keep yourself playing for hundreds of hours after the story is done.
i hate it too, but it has its place.

to prolong play time
what would people do after they've done all the hunts and completed there sets
outside of people speedrunning the endgame would be pretty shallow

How does Flinch Free stack up against Earplugs?

>pussy
Just because you cut off your dick doesn't mean it's a pussy now.

What the fuck is this guy's problem? I just fought him and he oneshot me twice in a row with this one weird attack I've never seen him do before. He like swiped his paw or something and the far away area where I was standing blew up.

Why are nips so fucking bad at this game? Every time I get paired up with a nip they ALWAYS cost us the quest.

Some user asked for this yesterday. It's a bit awkward since he topples during it but you still attack on titan his ass the whole down down.

How does decoration melding using those crystals work?
I tried it once with a shitty shard one, and only got the same shit tier decorations I used as materials in return. Is it only useful for transmuting shitty decos into more shitty decos of the same tier?
Should I just save them as melding fodder for when I get a hold of the highest grade crystal thingy?

That one is called a Supernova user, just superman it him.

orange clouds = bad, do not touch
if you're fighting him in the lower lava area you have to watch out for lava sprouts, it might have not even been one of his attacks might have just been the environment triggering

Ok, from now on I'll remind every goodboi to bring flash pods. Just did 3 consecutive Kush hunts and I'm the only one who flashes, very nice.

I guess you have a lot of experience in being a pussy so you'd know.

i think you forgot to dilate your neo-vag

NOOO I SAID STOP POSTING HER

AND 10 Flashbugs.

I have it but don't feel like using it, what are you going to do about it sweetie.

You get a bunch of drinks from deliveries from the Research Base.

First time trying this in a MH game now that skills work differently, how's my IG clownsuit? Anything else I should consider slotting in?

But how do I unlock those deliveries?

>getting my shit kicked in
>turf war

Stop and wait for DLC or G version.

so does bomber just roam wherever the fuck he wants, can i not escape this cunt?

I'll abandon you like what I did to your mom

dumb esl poster

I don't know if there's a specific trigger, I would just go the Research Base periodically during HR and there would be the exclamation point on the map.

*loud french noises*

At least it's hunting monsters in Monster Hunter and not mining coal or cutting a Brach tail

*interrupts your hunt*

>Master mounter
>Airborne
>Jump Master
JE SUIS MONTE

i fucking love turf wars

You mean the bazelgeus?
If so, it does appear his entire existance is to be a dick and show up while you you are trying to fight things.

Left or right /mhg/?

>gallery only has the shitty story cutsences
>no cool art or music tracks
what's the fucking point?

any time bazel shows up, i fuck off and let him do his thing. i'm fine letting him cuck me of my hunt.

I think left, but I generally don't like that hairstyle. Looks kind of bad from a distance.

2,000 hours and i'm still garbage

He changes areas like every 30 seconds unless you engage him in a fight. So, yeah, he's just coded to patrol the map until he finds you and being an asshole in general.

ya he just roams thats his gimmick, you should really carry dung pods to get him to fuck off
if you're doing a multimonster quest you can just fuck off and he'll probably fuck up the other monster

neither eww

*dung pods u*

Nice painting

You shouldn't need earplugs for IG. If IG is like 4U then getting all extracts automatically gives you low grade earplugs

Neither, but left if I had to choose.

GROUNDED
DOWN TO EARTH
BACK TO THE ROOTS

Console/Handheld MH is a joke

what are a few good sword and shields to build?
just going through most of the weapons so I probably won't build one for each element and status until later, just need 1 or 2 to mess around with for a bit

Doug Dalamadur was a great fight and dahren'mohren was a good fight too, plus they even manage to shoehorn in the dragonator so they can play proof of a hero and then ACTUALLY FIGHT THE FUCKING MONSTER AND NOT LOAD CANNONS FUCK

thats been gone for a while dude. you get fuck-all from orange and even triple up now.

I swear to god this guy loves eating shit.

I'd rather stick my dick in Rathian's cloaca.

For at least a few dozen hunts I was bringing thunderbugs with me instead of flash bugs.
I only realized my mistake when I was trying to flash kush.

Is it just me or is it really difficult to get a turf war in hr areas? Cus turf wars occur when two monsters duke it out, and you can see the damage numbers, but I've had a 3 way monster fight in the elder's recess and can't get turf war to go, just wet noodles slamming around hurting one another.

THE WIND IS PUSHING MEEEEEE

>break some set times in Arena
>Dragonseal Earring
son of a bitch there's better shit at Gold isn't there
probably Earplugs Earring

PC MH isn't that much better either though.

you wouldn't rather do that anyway?

They nerfed IG a lot I think.
Sad because it was my favorite in 4U.

>you can't skip the ending credits

Thanks for the close air support bud, gives me a chance to sharpen and heal up. Not to mention all the white shinies that are left afterwards. See you next hunt!

ive seen like 4 total turf wars in 90 hours of play

Only certain monsters trigger turf wars.
I think Lavasioth is supposed to have one with Uragaan. But Azurelos or Dodo will just do regular attacks against the other monsters.

Anja armor is so fucking cool

>Skipping that kino credits
Pleb

They seriously need to up the amount of turf wars. They don't necessarily need complex unique animations for every monster (though those would be cool, doggo playing fetch is fucking awesome and then some other one I don't remmeber coiled around another one) but they fight a lot.

Charge blade is too complicated for me, can't even figure out how to saed

Oh wow I didn't know that. Surprising that they keep nerfing IG from 4U and yet CB is back to its old glory

just google it???

pretty disrespectful to skip credits t b h

haven't played that game

does she really fuck cats?

Anyone would be up for some Tempered Nergi?

Session's ID: 4MHrKuZPQcyZ

Lure into two diablo.

>those retards in HR that still use that retarded gun attack that causes spiked turds to rain from the sky

I purposely launch them into enemy attacks just for doing that

Press tri+circle three times in a row baka.

>respond to SOS
>people with tempered quests get full group in seconds
>post my own tempered quest
>shoot flare
>no one joins

The Fish and Barroth I believe is the one you are referring to.

>literally nobody does Arena Quests in World
>not in /mhg/ rooms
>not in any other rooms online

gore was cuter

ALWAYS BRING DUNG PODS

At least Frontier and XX are honest about what they are, meanwhile 4U and World constantly break their own rules while trying to look "grounded" and "sensible" to reddit autists.

Not to mention Brachydios and Miralis from 3U, one of those "grounded" MH that autists lap up to. If you want your reason why mainline hasn't be making new skeletons lately, blame the half-assed pseudo-realism meme.

are you doing elders?