/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Odogaron girls edition!

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/MonsterHunterWorld/comments/7ubmfq/wip_guide_slinger_ammo_types_their_uses/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

REMINDER THAT IF YOU USE ANY YES ANY MANTLES YOU ARE NOT A REAL HUNTER

bandit

third for uragaan

I just got to HR 50 and did a tempered Vaal and then Nerg, but I only got the rank 6 worn things again. Is it just bad luck? Also what are the augment things?

The same goes for enjoying the simplified crafting, inventory management, or the scout flies.

In fact, if you don't go in the opposite direction of the flies, you're not a real hunter.

Can you capture tempered monsters to "study" them?

glider is pretty fun and also just about completely useless.

do switch axe hops have i-frames?

I'm HR 57 or so just hunting gems from elders so I haven't even gotten around to finding a SINGLE tempered track. I have a few tempered investigations though just randomly from SOS hunts. Do I really need to go out and find tracks for the tempered elders to get investigations?

QUICK

What are the top 3 female armors in MHW?

How viable is Free Element on bowguns? I like getting the extra scatter shell but not sure if I should invest in level 3

it's too bad how hard they fucked up online with this cutscene nonsense and the gathering hall being literally pointless
Never have people joining a hall and doing rotations anymore it's just posting quests and chucking out SOS Flares so fucking anybody not in your session can join right up
People won't send guild cards because they aren't directly interacting with anybody
It's kinda taken on the problem MMOs with queueing through a menu have, everybody just interfaces with the menu and never with each other. May as well be playing with bots
It was fun to do a hunt with someone, do some goofy shit then go back to the hall and talk about it
the village and the hall should've just been the same thing and I shouldn't have to run across the entire village just to get a food buff after every single hunt
why does the "Waterfall Bridge" even exist in the fucking fast travel interface it's just a point directly between canteen and workshop
they had that whole "it'll be faster if you just go back to camp between quests" but then you have all this shit going on in the village like the farm that needs constant fertilizing, bounties and the tailraider safari
and even then the loading screen for beginning a quest from the camp is barely any shorter than the one when you start from the village anyway
it was so simple in 4U, loading screens between village/hall/home were barely a second long and you didn't have to leave as often anyway(edited)
and you could go to basically anywhere directly from the menu or only walk for 1-2 seconds to get to the NPC you wanted
Now it's a fucking trek up to the canteen after every single hunt unless I want to waste time eating at the camp after the quest is already underway (and maybe 15 minutes long fucking investigations) or I have to sit through 15 seconds of loading into my goddamn house
The core hunting gameplay has so many improvements but the interface just fucking sucks
/blog

Hops? SA doesnt hop.

It amazes me how they're unable to make good multiplayer "match-making" despite trying so many times.

>you forget GS has block in the most crucial moments

It has a dodge hop you idiot and
yes, iirc they're the same as the dodge roll

I just started MHW as my first game in the series. Its fun but i dont have a clue about anything. I just pick quests and kill shit. Any tips for beginners? So far I use GS, but i cant choose the right weapon. Is every weapon valid for all monsters?

Is status/element on GL worth a fug? I have been making every GL as it becomes available anyway just for collection's sake and right now the Rathian line has the best raw and decent sharpness so I use that but poison seems useless. I have the Girros one too and I'm wondering how often paralysis will activate

>solo monsters are significantly easier than multiplayer monsters

Kirin is still there.

I like Odogaron and Kulu.

>So far I use GS, but i cant choose the right weapon.
you already did

if you don't like the SOS feature don't use it.
i can't see myself using it personally.
use whatever weapon you think looks coolest; have fun with it, it doesn't really matter what you use providing you don't suck with it

No it doesn't hop.

The real crime is that monsters get extremely reduced HP when there are several targets. There's no additional challenge if the monsters altogether have the same HP as just one one monster.

You can certainly use any weapon for any fight, but there some weapons that exceed better in others like Lances against Nerg and the Raths.

Also, just aim for getting through LR at the moment. Save getting better armor and equipment for HR.

>Is every weapon valid for all monsters?
As long as you're good, yes.

You didn't say "best".

A. Pick up quests and killing shit is all you do. From LR to HR to the final boss and beyond.
B. Just find a weapon you like. Every weapon is viable against every enemy.

so first time playing MH

is there any point to making more than one character (outside of wanting to change your sex/appearance) seeing as all the stats are just tied to your gear?

You hop sideways

That depends on who you're playing with :^)

The handholding in World is ridiculous.

None of the weapons are really THAT complicated just pick whatever is fun. It doesn't matter. Gitting gud isn't being good with a weapon, but learning how a monster behaves and exploiting their patterns. Learn what the different items do as well. For example this is a good primer on what sort of things to bring on a hunt reddit.com/r/MonsterHunterWorld/comments/7ubmfq/wip_guide_slinger_ammo_types_their_uses/

Every weapon is viable for every monster, some are just better suited to particular ones than others. As GS you're likely to have a tough time with fast monsters like Tobi. A lot of new players seem to like LS and DB, maybe try those.

Nope

What do people use for Fire Bows?
Anja has amazing stats on paper but the negative affinity probably hurts it quite a lot

It's a sidestep, not a hop.

>your face when this game is a major flop
>your face when this will be the end of MH

>tfw desire sensor has been tricked and I was only capturing Los for sellable parts

this has literally always been the case

>using fire in World

A sidestep is a hop.
Reducing HP in multi-target quests has always been a thing, but World is no better, that's for sure.

I feel like it's a holdover from the portable versions, or just japanese design itself. It's so you're little brother can have his save file too

I agree, the only part of the system that I like is that I already have ~8 friends with ps4 and monster hunter, so we all have are own lobby and mostly hang out in the gathering hall by default. Load times for village and house are unholy though.

>vaal palico armor
>skelly
>empty stomach
wtf this spooked me in the preview

Well, considering there are capture specific quests, yes.

Was that F2/FU? I remember the talk back then was 100 wyverns. Also, Black Fatalis unlocked by clearing all training quests with each weapon and crimson unlocked by killing 10 of every elder dragon sans fatalis. Good times.

It's so shitty it's possible.

>sold more than any other monster hunter game in its launch week alone
>major flop
lol

>major flop
user...

No shit? I haven't done multi monster investigations yet but I didn't realize it was made easier.

>tfw hunting for spike+
>might as well hunt los
>get a fucking ruby and a plate
thinking.jpeg

shipped*

Reposting from previous thread just so others can see. People ask about Element vs Raw a lot. Almost everybody says Raw is strictly better, but that isn't true.

I run an element set and I get fantastic results with dual blades. I've killed every elder dragon in under four minutes and it's very rare for me to not get top damage card in group hunts. The damage output is completely ridiculous. Demon Dance (16 Hit Attack) hits for damage ranges of 90-140 for every hit when it high rolls. Main skills are Rathalos Mastery, Critical Boost and Weakness Exploit. Secondary skills are Element Attack, Critical Eye and Attack Boost. Element Attack is just whichever element you are using at the time. There's also a ton of different ways to get these set bonuses, so you can play fashion hunter a bit provided you have the right Decorations.

Armor:
Rath Soul Helm B - Rathalos Mastery 1, Critical Boost 1, 2 One Slots
Dober Mail B - Attack Boost 2, 1 Three Slot
Kaiser Vambraces A - Weakness Exploit 2, 1 One Slot
Nergigante Coil B - Attack Boost 2, 1 Two Slot
Rathalos Greaves A - Jump Master, Weakness Exploit 1
Element Charm - Element Attack 3

Skills from Armor:
Critical Element (Rathalos Mastery Level 2)
Critical Boost Level 1
Weakness Exploit Level 3
Attack Boost Level 4

Recommended Decorations:
Critical Boost
Element Attack
Critical Eye
Attack Boost

Dual Blades
Decimation Claws - 294 Raw, 0% Affinity, 120 Dragon, 1 One Slot
Lava Cyclone III - 252 Raw, 0% Affinity, 150 Fire, 2 Two Slots
Hyura Hatchets III - 266 Raw, 0% Affinity, 210 Water, 1 One Slot
Fire and Ice - 252 Raw, 10% Affinity, 240 Ice, 240 Blast, 1 Two Slot
Monarch - 224 Raw, 0% Affinity, 270 Thunder

Rathian line is the best normal GL in the game with its good raw, high sharpness, and affinity. The poison is just a nice little bonus. Other than that the only status GLs I see are bagel and magma turtle's blast GLs

Mostly as anti-Kirin weapon and for completion's sake.
I'm not really interested in any of the other weapon types so might as well, right

>The real crime is that monsters get extremely reduced HP when there are several targets.
That's the case in every game. Remember the triples in 3U dying as fast as one solo

>even replying
now he'll make the exact same post next thread, have fun

>It was fun to do a hunt with someone, do some goofy shit then go back to the hall and talk about it
this makes me even sadder now the fact that is so true ;-;

Vaal's armour is so aesthetic on the male hunter
>-20 fire defense
>-15 dragon defense
Why does Capcom have to ve like this!??

It didn't though. It sold really well, better than I expected, but still worse than all 3ds games except for xx and portable 3rd.

>major flop

Didn't MHW alone double Capcom's stock prices?

I've already pointed that out. It's still a problem

they'll HAVE to make a switch version at this rate

>I work at BestBuy for employee discounts
>my gf works at Gamestop for the same reason
Actually, sold. And the second shipment is also sold, the third major shipment has already hit. Ask any Gamestop, Bestbuy for details. They've been sold out for days. I've had to turn so many Xboners away because Capcom didn't fucking ship enough of these.

No shit Ele is better for quick weapons like your DBs.
Do you really have no idea how damage in these games works?

Fire is a trash element in world and negative affinity is the most minor shit

the PS4 can't even run it at 30 FPS, the switch could MAYBE get 19 FPS

>Was that F2/FU?
F1
FU pushed the requirements to stupid as fuck for G rank elders or Uka
As a solo player I stopped playing after killing Yama

Yep you need to ship games to sell games.

Does shelling poison?

bullshit. it doesn't feel anywhere near that slow

Thanks guys for answering my question. One more thing. Is there a way to stop monster for running away? Does it heal when he is not in combat?

Not him, you clearly haven't been paying attention to the last few threads.

Fire is still more useful than Water, simply because of Kirin.
There's also still a whole bunch of mons coming through DLC, it's definitely worth making a Fire set.

Yes, shelling and stake proc status

>if you don't like the SOS feature don't use it.
The point is that there's no sense of "community" anymore. The online sessions literally don't even matter either because SOS broadcasts to the entire world (though it barely fucking works even if you filter specifically for their exact hunt).
All the online shit is extremely half-baked and a lot of other village shit just sucks for no reason.

You can flash it or just attack it a bit, but it doesnt heal

how do I do actual damage with bow? I take so long killing these monsters they keep getting tired so I can finally get some damage in

Flashpod is your friend or traps.

My fucking dick. Never switched weapons so fast in my fucking life

When a monster sleeps, it can heal a bit. If you fire a Flash Bomb or one of the Slinger ammo types (Bomb, Thorn, Piercing etc.) you can get it to stagger and stay in the area.

>Is there a way to stop monster for running away?
If it's flying you can flash bomb it

Ah. I don't recall G-rank elders much, but as far as I recall Ukanlos was just the typical keys to get?

Odogaron Greaves so far are the only pants type leg armor I can stomach using.

I love how even redditors are turning on MHW and saying it has trash weapon model variety and that the online system and minimap are garbage

>4 plates from 1 doggo

>Go to reddit

no fucking way dude

Also trash monster variety.

What Hunting Horn tree should i go for?

which is true?

Minimap is actually useful, the scoutflies really aren't since they're so finnicky.

The models I can't argue with because there's like what...5 unique models for each weapon type?

Only a matter of time before the retards stop lying and saying their base PS4 is running at fucking 40-60 fps.

People will tell you to use the red slinger ammo they drop when you break a part or flash bomb them if they fly, but the reality is that many monsters combo roars into running away and you can't stop them at all, rathalos for example is the king of time wasting.

Bottom
Top doesnt even make sense since P3rd is by far the best selling MH

Is HH good/fun for soloing? Damage output comparison to say GS, Hammer, LS?

>admitting you go to Reddit
OUT

Check for yourself, silly
It's on multiple websites with sources including wikipedia.
It sold average.

>The point is that there's no sense of "community" anymore
Where did this come from in the older versions? There's like 5x the people I know irl playing this than the old versions

Not if you flash him continuously.

You do realize that tons of games that have sold 5+ million were considered a flop, right?

Battlefront 2 sold 9 million and that was a disappointment to EA.