www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA
>Comics
wiki.endless-space.com/comics
>Soundtrack
soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
>ES2 prequel
www.games2gether.com/endless-legend/forum/6-game-design/thread/3572-the-last-flight-of-the-gray-owl

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

STELLARIS
>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_hell

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Civ IV XML fix
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

DISTANT WORLDS : UNIVERSE
pastebin.com/hubsc3ZS

Other urls found in this thread:

rockpapershotgun.com/2018/02/05/10-crowns-is-a-historical-4x-from-civ-4-designers-studio/
xenonion.com/home/2018/2/1/upheaval-expected-as-galaxy-prepares-to-universally-adopt-hyperlane-transport
twitter.com/martin_anward
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

firstforhoratio

First for fuck you Horatio.

horatio is a faggot

99th for fingers crossed

No!
Don't kirr serf!
So much to rive for!

Any Aurora 4x players here?

wait a sec
NO 4X HAS GOOD SPACE COMBAT

rate

>204264458

Not bad at all.
I'd have gone xenophile instead of pacifist, but other than that, good work

Is there a single upcoming 4x that is not that piece of wh40k trash? There's quite a lot of city builders coming up, but not much else.

yeah xenophile seems a better choice, i switched it now.

Are there any good skyboxs for stellaris that make ships pop out. Some fights I can barely make out the ships.

IT'S HAPPENING, THIS IS NO DRILL
A challenger approaches!

>After blasting off to space for financial strategy action in their debut game, Offworld Trading Company, Civilization IV lead designer Soren Johnson’s studio, Mohawk Games, are coming back down to Earth for something more familiar in their second. 10 Crowns is its name, and historical turn-based 4X strategy is its game. Details are vague for now and 10 Crowns sounds early in development but publishers Starbreeze seem jolly excited so they announced the game today.

rockpapershotgun.com/2018/02/05/10-crowns-is-a-historical-4x-from-civ-4-designers-studio/

>imo Homeworld 2 still has one of the best skyboxes ever
Some of them are pretty good, though imo, it loves the color yellow too much.

Is there a 4x with good fucking combat? Getting real tired of watching a green/blue bar vs red bar tug of war as battle.

Posted last thread before noticing it was about to die.

Well Age of Wonders III combat is pretty cool

nuMoO definitely has better combat than both ES2 and Stellaris

Endless Legend is good once you figure out the controls.

Sword of the Stars, EL, AoW3

Yup.

Dafuq are you smoking - Aurora's awesome.

Are plasma cannons secretly bad?
>worse dps than gamma
>more expensive
>less accurate
>just 20% more armor penetration

I meant skybox, not backgrounds. Backgrounds are some good, some ok, with complex mod some mind blowing, but it's incredible how well skybox works in HW2.
Just play AoW3/SoaSE you mong

>SoaSE

Not him but is 2 any good now after all the patches and stuff?

Are you talking about Sword of the Stars or Sins of a Solar Empire?
Its not

The backgrounds are the skybox though.

if i am to try civ(6) multiplayer, what kind of meme strategies should i expect?

People who try and roleplay as their civs (Brits only conquering brown people, Poland refusing to upgrade knights to tanks etc.)

mostly archer rushes i guess

Are there any people here who regularly play ES2 mp ? I'd like to try it out more but playing with random feels annoying

How do i make missiles good in stellaris?

Join the amplitude Discord

It's like typing with your ring fingers only.

They are a meme for people with autism that don't want to mix and max specialized weapons.

Reported for being a spider.

That reminds me, the new chapter should be out.

Are there a lot of furries ?

_ ____ ____ ______ __ ____ __!

What do spiders have to do with 4X?

French confirmed for negroids

Their lives are 4X.
Explore, expand, exploit, exterminate.
Get born, discover the world, kill insects, get bigger, and kill humans.

>Aurora's awesome.
That it is.

>Be conventional start
>first system out is a angry NPR
>try to hold the line at the jump gate
>4 hours later I run out of ammo
>all is lost

will play again

I just installed the current version of ES2, haven't played since 1.0.0. Is there some TL;DR on significant things that changed?

>This empire views us as a threatening menace
>Demand vassalization
>Threatened attitude: -1000
wiz pls

Can someone explain to this user how borders are going to work in Apocalypse? From what I've read and seen, the only thing I know for sure is they've replaced the traditional "sphere of influence" with... Something. Would I be incorrect to assume the new system replaces the sphere with "tendrils" of control, aka a system with a Frontier Outpost "grabs" connected systems rather than simply cloak them in a sphere?

dude diplomacy lmao

wot is NPR

Anyone have a picture of the meme pirating is worse then a pedo from paradox/wiz
Really want it for my meme collection
Also i want the fucking the stellaris dlc out already so i can pirate it

basically you have to build frontier outposts in every single star system to claim it for your empire

Its because peaceful vasalization is supposed to be for peaceful empires. If you want to vassalize them by force go to war and use the appropriate war goal.

Why would there be furries? And why can't you just ignore them if it bothers you that much?

To answer : no.

Borders are inconsequential in 2.0.

They are just a representation of your control over a system, but now you're gonna have to build a Frontier Outpost or colonize a planet in every single system you want to own.
Cost of Frontier Outposts is gonna be massively reduced as well. Notice how every system has an equal amount of space between each others borders.

With "Hyperlanes Only" being enforced galazy-wide it means that controlling choke-points early in the game is gonna be way much more important. I think Wiz posted a picture of the AI properly calculating which systems are chokepoints to it's borders abd building space castles in there to protect itself from invasions.

oh baby

Ok this is how it works

Things that cost influence now don't. Like colonizing. They are free. Once you own a system you can anything in that system without paying influence.

Boarder blob and pressure is now gone.

Instead you now "claim" a system by spending influence. Once you have a claim you can build a star base in that system. Once the star base is build the system is now yours. If multiple empires claim the same system its a race to build a star base. Whoever builds it first gets the system. YOUR CLAIM DOES NOT GO AWAY. Your claim is still there and affects things like who gets the system in wars with multiple allies. Claims also give you wargoals.

Yo can now buy and sell systems with AI empires.

WHEN AT WAR YOU KEEP WHAT YOU KILL. If you attack a system and take over its star base it immediately flips to your control. You can immediately use it as well. So its completely possible to snipe a key shipyard starbase in the middle of an enemy empire and use it as a beach head to make new ships and repair your ships. There is also a new war ending called "status quo" where everyone just keeps what they took. So if you took some systems and they took some of yours everyone just keeps what they got.

So many Horatios on one planet!

>Using the to start at Year 1.
>This is definitely going to break it.

Oh well, more options is always good.

you have to get used to sucking xeno dicks on this mode

Is Endless Legend worth getting? I mostly played space 4x and some low-difficulty Civ so far.

>mfw Spore is still the only game I know where you can set up ecosystems
>but it's just cosmetic and doesn't serve any purpose
I wish Spore was good.

Good I'm tired of getting to year 2350 and owning half the galaxy and just putzing along until something happens.

I don't know if I like this change.

Depends, do you like great games?

but I can beat them, that's why they're scared. they should just cut their losses, especially because they're pacifists and you know, they kinda like peace or something.

Meh. I always preferred fantastic games.

>Game already suffers from players getting boxed by "random" spawn with hyperlanes
>So they make hyperlanes only and make the AI take over chokepoints
Oh this is cleary what the game needs.

The only thing I really don't like is that they took the option for Wormhole and Warp in exchange for balancing gameplay. Everything else makes sense from a logical standpoint.

They should had kept them, but removed the "All Drives" option in the new game configuration so that all empires need to use the same type of drive.

Then made balance changes to the AI depending of what Drive type the game is currently using.

I like it. It adds a lot of things that solidify? I think thats a good term, the game. Border pressure while cool and funny watching other empires shrink as yours crushes them made things finicky. You could be trying to say take over the dragons hoard system but you could only take systems with planets. This way you get what you want. This way also allows for the buying and selling of systems without random weirdness happening.

This also does away with the terrible "border friction" shit. Now they only get mad if you have systems that they have claims on. It was always annoying having empires BEHIND my neighbors pissed at me for "border friction."

As a non ES2 player, isn't that exactly how it works there?

fuck you it sounds good. Fuck warscore.

Oh there will be a mod that adds in the lost FTL's so that doesn't really bother me.

ES2 doens't have advance stars and ancient empires, does it?

I don't know.

I don't play ES2

Well also remember because of t he new pirate mechanics they wont beeline to them. They just properly evaluate the defensive worth of a systems and will prioritize building defenses there and wont trade or sell it lightly.

The problem is that now everything is goijg to be balanced to Memelanes, so Warp and Wormhole AI is gonne be fucked unless the modder is impossibly competent at their job.

xenonion.com/home/2018/2/1/upheaval-expected-as-galaxy-prepares-to-universally-adopt-hyperlane-transport

Here.

I forgot to mention that you can now bargain during peace negotiations. So if you managed to get a lot of ehh systems but ran out of steam before claiming your prize you can now trade systems you conquered for the system you really wanted.

War score is still there and you can still use it. Its just you ALSO get to keep what you kill.

Who is that semen demon

>pirating is worse then a pedo
Swedes are worse than leafs sometimes
wait 2.0 hit already?
>hey took the option for Wormhole and Warp in exchange for balancing gameplay
>in exchange
they >promised< they'll balance the game (even if it doesn't need it) and that's it
in ES2 you can't be boxed by cosmic horros and grandpa empires, so it's only possible if you spawn next to another empire, which is very unlikely
so nothing changes? Paradox is garbage at AI already

Ehh that's the point of mods though. To make it fun and not necessarily balanced.

What I am most happy about is the gates. Hopefully a mod comes out that expands them. Gateway travel has ALWAYS been my favorite FTL methed in Scifi. I want to build them everywhere and have instant transportation around my empire.

Goddamn bugs get out of our space

>Starbreeze don’t say when we should expect to play 10 Crown. They note that it “is currently in prototyping stages of development” and only show concept art, so probably quite a while.

Its fucking nothing. Probably a 2019 game at the earliest.

What the fuck is that picture even supposed to look like?

warp drive takes away too many logistic planning and strategy of 4x and grand strat games

2.0 will be a lot closer to playing like ck2/eu4 and civ games and i dont think that is a bad thing at all

Our soldiers are prepared for any alien threat!

There are always furries in discords

More like there was always furries in the Discords you visited, and the only constant was you. Do the maths.

>space game should not be about space problems but planetbound problems instead
just stop pretending you like space games and advocate for GSG Auriga or something

>I'm the furry

>wait 2.0 hit already?
Wiz and other Paradox devs posts pictures of builds in development on their Twitter every once in a while.

twitter.com/martin_anward

2.0 Comes out in Feb 22.

Oh wow I had no idea that there was a date set already.

It surprised me to. Normally its 3 months after they announce it.

It's supposed to look like how it looks.

If you're asking what that picture is even supposed to BE, that'd be "Deception".

So I just updated ES2. Only played it once before and lost to the frogpeople due to not deactivating economic victory. Set galaxy type to random. Got this.

My cock is so hard. I had no idea this was even a possible choice.

Oh my goodness.

OH! MY! GOD!

im honestly on the fence about this

on one hand they are removing player freedom and rp potential, but narrowing it down to hyperlane means better ai and adds a deeper logistic strategy layer on the game

that's the "two spiral galaxes colliding" setting I believe

Their excuse was that balancing for 3 types of FTL is too hard and they know their fans will eat up whatever they dump out so it costs them less to just remove stuff and call it an improvement

I'm more annoyed by the fact they couldn't just have some simple defenses targeted against specific FTLs, like tractor beams or something that would pull wormhole-using fleets to a specific system if at war so you could prevent them from moving freely and shit like that

It's kind of old now, but space empire 5 had really good combat.

It sounds like empires built to generate a lot of influence will be OP