/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Share art and music & discuss over new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and anything Sonic related.

/sthg/ #1189 - On-topic OP edition.

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ysda-GaXe2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=W5tcIpiqW24
youtube.com/watch?v=hTkt4Kd1MLI
youtu.be/wtohfE0cV3A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sonic Adventure 3 announcement SOON!

Nice first post Sonicbabs

I want a high quality Sonic plush that doesn't cost $100 + shipping from Japan

AMY?! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE?!

Reminder that Tommy is the best Sonic character.

I wish Sonic was real

How many of you guys actually got to eat those Sonic Popsicles from back in the day? Shit was cash, yo.

cuddleu

>Silvaze
Ew.

kind of looks like silver's hand is covered in blood.

Thoughts on Mephiles the Dark?

Sup Sonicbabs, you guys enjoying your "fun" Sonic games that's basically nothing but holding the Y button in order to proceed through the levels?

>"YOU DON'T GET TO BRING FRIENDS"

You're awfully mean today, Marioposter.

Pants-on-head retarded, but at least he's not WEAK.

god what a shitty sonic game

Cute.
Mario, haven't you done enough to us? What more could there possibly be?

dumb character but at least he's not weak i'll give him that

I stopped playing your game once I found out you were a friendzoned cuck.

Why is Blaze acting like Amy?

Are we ever going to do another one of those awful HG simulators?

BBBSCT

An OK villain, he certainly didn't leave a weak impression.

Sorry Mario, but you're one post late.

Dumb liar with no endgame.

If he wasn't a Shadow recolour I think a lot more people would have liked him but alas.

How is she acting like Amy? That would imply Amy could get a cuddleu in the first place.

t. Cuck

Tikal a shit

A lot of people already like him BECAUSE he's a Shadow recolor.

They do? I always see that as pretty much his biggest complaint and I agree with it

Anyone wanna post some nice wallpapers, preferably on the more minimalistic side? Phone backgrounds are also welcome.

Semi-Related question.

If I found NiGHTS 2 boring will I like the original?

>second column third row Tikal
Cute

Depends on why you found it boring. Like almost every Sega non-RPG of that era, the original Nights was very light in story, quick to clear for your first time, with replayability being tied into earning better ranks and higher score.

ITS YA MANE MAN NUCKLES
AND WE IN METEOR HERD

U READY 2 GO IN SPACE?
HELP ME GET THE EMERALDS

You took a shuttle 2 space
and left your home
At least you're w/ friends
and you're not all alone

Wild Woody > Sonic

Sure

pulling off glove to kiss bare hand
leaving a kiss mark that only the recipient will see/know about

Sweet Jesus. Hottest thing I've seen in ages.

Can someone sell me on NiGHTS? I've always been intrigued by it but I've never got around to playing it for some reason.

WHAT THE FUCK user
BLUE BOARD

Wild Woody a shit
A SHIIIIIIIIIT

Nights in one of those games where you really need to have a certain mindsight going in, but if you do have that mindsight it's a great game. Do you like arcade-style game design where the game itself isn't that long but you're challenged to replay to get a higher score? Do you like "comfy"? Then Nights is for you.

i-i'm not weak ;_;

>was Infinite not actually weak?
DEEPEST LORE

>Wild Woody music
youtube.com/watch?v=ysda-GaXe2Y

>Sonic Forces music
youtube.com/watch?v=W5tcIpiqW24

Sonic wishes it could be as great as Wild Woody.

How do you fix continuity problems with series? Pic unrelated

By completely rebooting it with Silver instead of Big and without Shadow.

You stop caring about it because the continuity and lore will never matter ever again.

replace meaningful continuity with slice of life
then post garbage opinions within spoiler tags

xd

Everything about that profile pic is cringe.

Everything up to Heroes is still canon, from that game we go Rush, Rush Adventure and Unleashed. Everything else is declared non-canon. Silver is reintroduced with a new backstory (He's still form the future, but no Iblis or Ifrite shenanigans, for Nega, we're sticking to the Rush backstory, so the future doesn't involve him either.) in the next game and from that point on, we try to maintain a stable canon. Games can diverge from it, but that must be clarified beforehand.

Way too many posts defending Shun Nakamura in the last thread. He, Iizuka and Kishimoto (among others) have all contributed to the destruction of the franchise in their own unique ways. I would say that they all need to be fired, but I'm sure that wouldn't really fix anything in the grand scheme of things.

Pic related from his twitter. is this satire?

What user said, plus finding some explanations at "what is going on and what you should do" can help your first experience drastically (well, first one with the first game) since it's not explaining too much about itself

youtube.com/watch?v=hTkt4Kd1MLI this sold me on finally trying it out even tho I had it in a dreamcast collection on steam for a long time. Had tons of fun with it

Oh no, she's sending out her own swatbots to not allow any fun for us

Pretty safe assumption yeah definitely

What's wrong with Sally wearing a burqa? I think modesty is hottesty.

What do you think of Eclipse?

more like thottery

Does Omega need a hug?

Omega gets all the hugs they need

An okay if unnecessary addition.

>they need
*she needs

I am literally incapable of not hearing Cam Clarke's Liquid Snake voice with him, so he's almost impossible for me to take seriously.

He wasn't anything amazing but he was pretty cool. The idea of him using Black Arms-modified Wisps was also a pretty fucking neat combat gimmick.

I also liked how he was also kind of attached to Shadow due to their blood relations and amicably gave him multiple chances to join him, even if he wanted to fucking murder him for exterminating his race.

He was also fairly dangerous. Dislocating Rouge's arm and ripping out Omega's Chaos Drive was pretty crazy. Shadow had to fucking use the Master Emerald to timestop just to get any sort of advantage on him, which I think is awesome.

Unnecessary character, really, but after the arcs involving him I was glad he existed.

somehow edgier than shadow, and not in a good way.

Who wore it better?

His end game was to merge with Iblis and he succeeded.

Isn't that just the Mephiles version of Knuckles?

shadow with a vomit inducing color pallet, and very forgettable.

Sara after she and Sonic fucked.

Very good replacement for Mephiles. Not exactly an amazing villain but really good as far as a "shadow for Shadow" goes. Not in a rush to have him back because he did his job well in the two arcs he had, I'm content.

*Tails

>Very good replacement for Mephiles.
didn't kill Sonic/10

Not as edgy as his introduction suggested.

So is this the plushie edition?

If you're in the US, the Build-a-Bear Sonic is very nice. A bit on the expensive side, but well worth the money. Super soft and cuddly. 10/10 would recommend.

Then what, though? Destroy the world, jack off, get murdered by 3 glowy hedgehogs he could've killed at any point with his crazy time travel powers? Becoming very powerful is a decent first step but it ain't an endgame.

So this is the power of Ian Flynn

I liked that a lot. He was evil but even as a member of the Black Arms he had a surprising soft side for the evil Wisp things and for Shadow. He was kind of human, but it didn't make him weak or anything and he was still really strong.
I like when he had to literally be dragged onto a shuttle because Black Death deemed him too soft to kill Shadow, and he started begging and pleading to be given another chance.

Mephiles' existence is simply one half of what was previously known as Solaris before King Deadwife decided to fuck with it. We don't know what exactly Solaris was doing prior to being fucked with, but presumably after being reformed it wanted to ensure it could keep doing whatever it was doing without being fucked with again. Mephiles' sole existence was devoted to merging with Iblis, and since both him and Iblis are two halves of the joined Solaris, their existence effectively ends once rejoined.

>naming each Wisp
Confirmed for Iizuka self insert.

>BRRAAAAAPPPP

Solaris is a literal god. He exists on a super dimensional plane, what the fuck does he care if one universe gets blown up? In fact he probably would have left it alone if its people didn't imprison and experiment on him.

Why are people still complaining about a human populace being heavily present in the series?

Are people going to someday complain that rings hold little story purpose or that Eggman is too fat?

Amy looks weirdly "Sonikku" here, and I actually can see why. She has Sonic's nose.

I kinda like her face, she look qt

TAKE THAT BACK

Mephiles is Solaris' mind, he doesn't stop existing when he merges with Iblis.

Solaris/Iblis wanted to destroy the world though (or time, I guess). He was a flame before being "imprisoned" which probably sucked, and by your logic he shouldn't care about being split up in one of infinite dimensions anyway.

xth for Tikal

There is no problem with human background characters in Sonic games.

Very cute Tikal wallpaper

Indifferent. Somehow I tolerate him over Infinite.
>Implying
youtu.be/wtohfE0cV3A

She is too cute.

Tikal is always cute