/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Gusty fuck edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread Missing link

>Make a single tree the best at almost everything
>Create a decoration that gives the most damage per point and give it to said weapon
Ebin

Simply ebin

>bitterbugs cant be eaten in world
well fuck. now how am i supposed to adjust my health for adrenaline?

I hosted some Kush SOS runs last night with windproof HH. Why haven't people lined up to suck my dick yet?

Alright so during the goddamn Zorah quest the captain guy keeps yelling that the Dragonator is ready, the switch is on the ship.

Are you supposed to fire that thing or something? I'm just stuck here loading fucking cannons with no way out.

Which one would that be?

Would anyone mind telling me all the HR Arena's in 6 star and 7 star quests?

BAZEL
A
Z
E
L

Why is GS so shit now bros? Even hammer is better.

Either old school vets too set in thier ways or weaboo shitters think theyre living out thier anee-mays

what do people think of longsword?
ive never played a MH game but i want to use longsword

how many times do I have to reload a map to get an investigation from one tempered track?

how exactly do you get tempered investigations? just discovering clues in an expedition? or do I need to kill something? I only got a few a while ago and nothing since then.

yeah go to the far left and jump down and pull the lever when zorah is close to everything

Flip the switch at the top of the boat and do 2500-3000 damage at once.

Someone explain to me how Hazak is actually a better choice than Smasher, please. Power Element Phial must be pretty damn good.

Well, you have not one but two NPC loading the canons with infinite cannonballs for you on the ship, in addition to the dragonator. So it's the best place to stay on the quest. Unless you want the head break.
But you can walk up to a wingdrake and press circle to go back up if you want so.

But you can.

Just stay the fuck away from anyone else during MP and you're fine

>someone in the last thread said the Diablos and Tiostra HBG lines are actually good because of the reload/recoil stats
Is this true?
I don't want to farm them if it turns out to be a ruse.

Have you apologized yet, now that you've come to realize what MHW is truly like?

also wtf shows up in 8* besides nerg and the elders?

Diaboros, obviously.

What is the best Gunlance build?

>longsword
>actually a fagstick
>trip team mates all day long
Use great sword or switch axe (it's really just a sword with an axe you use now and then).

BING

but m-muh nodachi...

Post win screen part 2

what? im standing in the field right now looking at my item bars glaring lack of bitterbugs (and yes i have some in my inventory)

Is there any indication that tempered monsters give crowns more often? I don't want to farm quests for every single one if I don't have to.

Does /mhg/ have any other squads?

Holy shit legiana armor is so fucking aesthetic
>every cutscene my hunter looks like a Toku hero
Please tell me there's a viable leggy armorset for the HR, or at least another sentai looking set

Power phial always takes priority.

>liking fagsticks

What is the best set for GL? Is it Dodogama? I simply cannot deal with how ugly it is. I suppose I could use a beta set and gem with artillery and stuff, but gems are random from what I know, so the struggle is real.

I am pretty sure there is a armor skill that lets you eat that shit and fungus.

Says you, I just crafted myself a Jawblade after 100+ hours of Hammer and been having a great time with it.

Is crafting the zorah alpha set a bad idea first thing you get into HR?
The fight seemed piss easy and it has a bit of everything

Anyone else wishing pretending this is like Lost Planet 2? Sucks they wouldn't do a space monster Hunter since that failed to take off.

gunning in this game feels a bit like it, yeah

its fun

Wtf is up with vaal hazak drops. It's easier to get gems then fangs.

no

Gunning in MHW is so satisfying, I haven't even touched a melee weapon in 76 hours of play.

GS is the bigger fagstick. it screams "compensating".

I'll trade you fangs for gems. 2 for 1.

why does he have a tumblr nose?

>entering HR
>huh I need some money for this Zorah set
>look at investigations
>20k for capturing a Barroth
>use lucky voucher to make it 40k
Neat

HEY HO HUNTERINO

Can someone explain what to do to farm HR magdaros? I have no idea what I'm doing just running around firing canons. I never knew what to do in the story one either

mycology lets you eat mushrooms to get buffs and stuff. im trying to find a way to reduce my health

on that note, we cant eat toadstools to poison ourselves anymore either...

GS is the most complicated weapon in the game. Fuck off with your animeshit.

LP2 was highly underrated. I think Capcom catered too much to the western crowd by limiting rpg elements and making it a TPS. They had everything else right

GS is a thinking man's weapon

Is there a reason to not power up the hammer? I've seen like 1 hammer user do it so far.

Well LS is "compensating" for your lack of skill.

hosting another gathering hall chill sesh. also inviting anyone to my squad. I have yet to see the gathering hall with 16 players lets get to max capacity.

6znk8ZwkLJfW

Why hello there, if it isn't best MH girl of all time

Get the bandit mantle and you'll never need money again.

Zorah set is pretty good especially if you plan on utilizing blast damage

>trusting any human being that has ever lived
>anno domini MMXVII

user......

But seriously, I've no idea.

DUDE OHKO LASER SPAM LMAO

>HR is capped at 100 and not 999

For what purpose

Your face is charcoal, would not gathering hall and chill with

Does Blast Resistance reduce damage from Bazelgeuse bombs?

>OHKO
Upgrade your armour

feeling attacked?

So they can sell it to us as part of G-Rank DLC

Unlock HR cap for only $9.99

Hit the magma cores to unlock mining spots on its back. You can get ores and sometimes you can get Zora drops

The models in MonHun are underwhelming; there seem to have been some much more interesting designs in past games. Wyvern tree all look really nice though.

Their SFX get kind of annoying after a while. Your rotation for DPS is: light attack > light attack > Fade Slash > Spirit Slash > Spirit Slash > Spirit Roundslash, and the only attack that actually matters in the entire chain is Roundslash, because it powers up your LS a level when it it hits.
You do that twice and then your rotation is Sprit Helm Beaker > whatever you want > Roundshalsh, ad infinium.

The problem with this is that Spirit Slash's SFX are kind of annoying. It's the shing-shing SFX from Bloodborne's Burial Blade, and you're going to hear it A LOT. The other problem is getting enemies to stay still long enough to hit them with Roundslash and or Helm Breaker. You're gonna miss that shit a lot, and it's pretty heartbreaking.

That said, it's still my favorite/second favorite weapon type.

What's the difference?

It's near impossible to get hit by it. It's all super predicable and inaccurate as fuck.

>says the one who was asshurt over LS being called fagstick

Its already a dying game.

Trying to figure out how to get thecwuest for it hasn’t shown up in my investigations. Least I don’t think so

How is LS compensating for lack of skill though?
It's such a weak weapon I don't even understand why it has so many players using it.
I gave it a shot to compare it to my time using it in MHFU but compared to basically any other weapon it just feels so incredibly weak.

>hunt monsters
>craft gear
>hunt bigger monsters
>craft better gear
YAWN.

So, where is the story.

>says the one who was asshurt over GS being called fagstick

Please tell me there's no penalty for abandoning a quest. I was in one with a german, Mexican and french person at the same time. Guess how that played out.
Constant tripping by their dual blade and longsword and they didn't think to drink cool drinks.

I had fun playing it but imo it needed more polishing, ran into a number of frustrating/glitchy fights, like the one on where you board the floating sand vehicle thing.

Odogaron girls!

It means they intend to add shit later on to increase the cap.

Is the Rathian CB tree worth going into? I really like the model.

Work on that bait

You waste the investigation attempt if you hosted it

I wish you could trade. My friend farming with me got 16 fangs and he just wanted gems, I got 3 gems and 3 fangs.

humans were ultra advanced but killed too many monsters then the fatalis showed up and said fuck you humans and attacked them with army of dragons and destroyed humans humans also made a END DRAGON WEAPON made of living dragons so fatalis got mad even more mad and turned humans into the stone age again and fucked off

Why yes it's me. Guild Sweetheart/Moga Sweetheart/Aisha. The best girl.

Because amount of damage coming out isn't the only thing that makes a fight difficult. LS is one of the easiest weapons to use for repositioning and dodging. It also has higher power than anything else if it gets Red. The only other weapon that's easier to use while not being complete shit is DBs. SnS would be but it's attack is still ass and there isn't really any oils to make up for it this time. So while it's flexible it doesn't have a good balance of power and speed, just speed. When it comes to the perfect balance, that's pretty much LS.

Seriously will someone bring me up to speed. Does GS still need Focus, or is it viable (read: any good) in Low Rank? How do I play to the new GS’ strengths?

still no zinogre bondage armor

I really like the look of the alpha one on a female character.
I will do a build around it and use it for everything.

But user, World said the Dragonator was the latest tech so clearly it was introduced in World :^)

Kushala Daora is pretty easy huh

Who the hell is fatalis

Yeah seems decent.

Truly, the best girl.

God I hated this girl. Tanzia sweetheart all the way