Could the Romanovs ever come back?

Could the Romanovs ever come back?

There's some monarchist circles in Russia that want that.

Not unless you believe in Zombies and even then their corpses have decayed quite a bit.

The October Revolution is up there with German unification as one of the biggest mistakes in human history

No they're all dead you retard.

What they want you to believe....

No they are all dead, they found and identified the last Romanov childs corpse a few years ago.

Hello I am the inheritor to the Russian throne and would like my position back please thanks

No. Our only hope of restoring Russian monarchy is to put all our faith in new dynasty of Empress Natalia I.

No they aren't dumbass. I think the current head of the family is Dimitry Romanov since his elder brother died two years back.

His house is Danish and the man is French/Danish.

So he's perfect for the Russian throne I guess.
It worked so well for Greece.

What about Greece? Could you elaborate? Genuinely curious

Like that has ever mattered. Nobility and royalty have always been breed of their own, not tied to ethnicity.

Well ain't the current swedish line partly French from it's origins? I don't think it would matter. The short while they were considering finnish monarchy they were opting for an Hessian crownprince.

Damn nigga I'm so high rn and that's a really good point

The Greek monarchy, the one overthrown by the military coup, was a Danish import.

See Greece had won their independence, and the great powers of Europe wanted to keep the whole affair stable. So they drew up the borders they thought acceptable for Greece to have and placed a German in control of the whole affair. (Otto of Greece, Bavarian prince. Picked mostly because the great powers agreed that no-one from either of their ruling families could rule, and Otto was distantly related to some Byzantine dynasties)
Now Otto proved an incompetent dipshit, who although he was super duper into Greek culture ended up getting his ass overthrown. So a new government was needed. A lot of Greeks wanted a British king, because Britain controlled a bit of Greek territory, which they hoped to get back in trade for being ruled by a Brit, and also hoped for an alliance that could help them kick the snot out of the Ottomans. (There was a plebiscite. The UK prince received 95% of the votes, a republic a few votes, and Otto received a single vote to come back and rule once more)

Alas the UK could not give less of a shit and turned the affair down, so a new choice was needed.
The French said it needed to be Henri d'Orléans (French duke), the British said it should be another German, namely the duke of Saxe-Coburg who just so happened to be Prince Albert's brother, and they eventually compromised with a Danish prince.

Now there had been actual for this guy in the Greek plebiscite. In fact he had received six times the amount of votes Otto had (Yes, exactly six votes), but still the Greeks had another vote on the guy and he was unanimously declared King of the Hellenes (Rather than King of the Greece, which had been Otto's title).
George I quickly began expanding Greece's territory* (He more than doubled it) with the basic casus belli and justification in negotiations being that he was king of the HELLENES and he would damn well rule all of them.

Their king didn't have a son, so they imported a French general they really liked.

Now George I was really popular and is generally well regarded by everyone (Even the Turks tend to view him favorably)

Less so the successors.

His son. Constantine I fled the country, leaving his son king, then got the throne back, then abdicated again, when he wasn't the country into civil war, angering the great powers, or dissolving his own government because he didn't like Venizelos' stupid fucking face, he was busy getting Greek soldiers killed.
He wasn't as popular as his dad, but more popular than the elected politicians.

His son Alexander was king for three years while his father was busy wanking in the safety of another country, and was a virtual prisoner in his palace when he wasn't being trotted off to the front in the hope that he would die so the government that his father had kicked out of office three times could finally take over.
Alas he had the gall to die so popular that the people actually preferred him to Venizelos. So his dad was voted king again.

After Constantine died we got George II, who ruled for a grand total of one year, before a bunch of royalists took one look at this whole affair and said "You know what, the only guys who actually seem to win us stuff are the kings, so how about fuck Venizelos and his stupid face, and we keep the king), but in true Greek style that meant that the King was forced to leave the country for 10 years. So in those 10 years the country had 23 regime changes, 13 coups, a brief dictatorship, and Venizelos looking smug as fuck, so they admitted that they weren't good at this whole democracy thing and brought him back.

George got elections started, and appointed various officers. These people then randomly started dying out of nowhere, while the communists started to criticize him for not being able to get a government formed (While at the same time opposing any of his appointments).

Now he got super fucking pissed at the communists for this, and did the only logical thing.
He appointed a charismatic right wing army officer who wanted to recreate the golden era of Greek empire...
You know where this goes right?
The second world war happens,

Paul of Greece rules through a civil war, and God decided that was too easy so he gave him stomach cancer, cataracts and an ulcer in one year which killed him. Really should've just gotten gud.

Constantine II inherits, and promptly decides to do nothing but let the Greeks rule themselves for a couple of years.
This pissed off the Greeks and they decided to install a military Junta then forbid him from re-entering the country.

Denmark then started showering him and his Danish wife with titles, honours and invitations to come live at one of their palaces (One was even prepared for him), which he promptly responds to by buying a home in London.

Thanks for all the info that's some crazy shit

Sadly the Romonov line that is mostly known, no longer exisits however the brothers of the last ruling Romonov do still live. But not sure they would ever get involved.

Romanovs still exist you ingrate

>NerdyGirl21
Fuck off.

And the Spanish King is French and the British Queen is German. What's your point?

B O S T O N
O
S
T
O
N

I'm personally a fan of Prince Andrew Romanov becoming Tsar, because I love the idea of an American being the ruler of Russia.

The current "Romanovs" are about as notably related to royalty as your average Russian.

Unless you have some voodoo magic there's no way to properly restore monarchy to Russia.

Danish kings outside of Denmark (And let's be real here, inside Denmark too) always end up in hilarity.
Not always their fault, but it always end up stupid.

From three+ times abdications, to royalists murdering the king, to one claimant to the crown punching the other one into submission to settle succession, to being the king of 5 countries where you refuse to speak the language of any of them.

Either way it's fitting.
The last Russian dynasty was Danish/Russian and spoke mostly French.
This one will be French/Danish and hopefully learn Russian.

Make a new dynasty!

The Putin dynasty?

Once he starts wearing fancy outfits I'll believe it.

Natalia.

WEW

Wouldn't it be wonderful? She would make a perfect empress for any country.

>Waifufags ruining another thread.