/wtg/ - War Thunder General

A more exciting OP Edition

Previously, on /wtg/: >Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
pcgamer.com/the-best-pc-joysticks/

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

Other urls found in this thread:

warthunder.com/en/news/2736--en
youtu.be/90D3CsMh5Wk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder that British steel won WWII

This
Thank Churchill we cracked time travel in time to send these bad boys back to '44

holy fuck bump. wake up americans and start posting

>play G91
>find killing hunters and sabres easier than fighting Yak-23s

How the fuck do I fight russian UFOs?

Achilles is pretty fun, really nice to be able to pen KV's frontally, shame about the worse than Panther D turret rotation though.

I have no particular distaste for anime, but those Japanimations where they just take "cute grills" and slap tank/plane/boat parts onto them to market garbage to otaku offend my sensibilities. They're not just moe garbage, they're CYNICAL moe garbage.

Still bounces against a T-34 UFP when firing regular AP though apparently

>he doesn't have a botefu

When?

when?

So why'd the french get the peace of shit amx 30 and amx 13 with missile glued on instead of this sexy beast? Gaijin would've made even more sheckles if people knew this thing was at the end of the grind.

>1983

>155
idk about that but I could see a 120

>it's a "2/3 of team is dead with no kills 3 minutes into the match" episode

>what is the cheiftain mk10
And besides that its not like gaijin would really mind as long as it earned them plenty of sheckles

>What is Type 87

>Gaijin said they're going to add the Sturmtiger
>HE rockets carried 125kg of high explosive
>More than the in-game Russian 250kg bomb
>Apparently a single rocket wiped out a group of Shermans at one point

So, what's the bet they'll make it agonising to grind for (think how hard tasks used to be, getting 40 kills in a day in the Ki-10 as an example) as well as utterly useless, probably only having the shaped-charged anti-concrete shells that can't clear an entire cap point with a single shot?

>its a roving gang of P-47Ms nuke anyone who climbs above 6km episode

dont forget 3 minute reload

Would they not just make it like a mini premium tech tree with the brummbar like they have for the Calliope leading to the M26 T99?
they could make some nice cash money that way.

I forgot what batshit insane fuckery the tasks to unlock the M8A1 and I-301 were after all these years. I can't believe I actually did them.

warthunder.com/en/news/2736--en

Look at this shit. The amount of games you needed to play to unlock both the I-301 and M8A1 was madness.

I am pretty sure they said it would be an event thing in a Q&A, but you're right. There's a good chance they'll just Jew it up as a post-Brummbar premium thing.

>More than the in-game Russian 250kg bomb
>Given current state of Tank RB this means you'll have to hit within like 2m for it to do damage and it will get blocked by destructible objects (chainlink fences) and add-on track armor.

no thanks

The difference is that it's a rocket you can aim much easier than a 250kg bomb from a safe position, and you have 10 of them.

Huh, AMX-13 is good

>warthunder.com/en/news/2736--en
And then Gaijin gave every person who've managed to get the M8A1 the finger by making it obtainable via warbonds later on. Fuck these Vodkanigger rats.

>Increased its BR by .7 and made it available with War Bonds

At least the I-301 remained really rare and insane. Only available by coming in the top 200 in some tournament and it's basically just a regular LaGG with 5 nose mounted guns.

>why does my undertiered CBT tank do good
Hmm

Don't put words in my mouth you fucking faggot

>damage control
literally you right now

B-25 as a heavy fighter yes or no? why does it front facing offiensive machineguns

>post-war French tank is at the same BR as an Italian tank designed in 1940

>Play WT after a hiatus
>Immediately reminded of why I decided to stop

WoT is better

for babies

youtu.be/90D3CsMh5Wk

Do you have all the rare vehicles?
Are you missing any?

I have a bunch of rare vehicles, but I can say that the only "good" one is the I-301, really.

WoT- fun
WT- autism

>WoT
>Fun

It's really, really not. WoT is numbers autism, where everyone fucking OBSESSES over stats and damage ratios and stuff to the point of restarting their accounts to "fix" their ratios.

You can play wot without caring about stats

>You can play WoT without caring about a GIGANTIC ASPECT OF THE GAME that people will judge you for during matches and even throw matches over

Not really, since it's basically a numbers game in and of itself more than a tank or vehicle game. I'm not gonna say War Thunder is better than WoT since they are totally different games, but WoT is the more autistic game.

WT has the superior damage model. I can't imagine going back to games that use hit point pools.

War Thunder uses hit points, just obfuscated. I remember people doing tests way back when and you can destroy a tank by shooting it in the tracks enough times with APCR. It's literally hundreds of shots though, I think.

Why is it under appreciated?
Does the average good goy not value fun?

I can't have fun in this game anymore. It's become just an arduous grindfest where you barely earn any SL for high tier GF matches. The map rotation fucking sucks. Repair costs are fucking insane. I can't believe I used to have fun playing this.

same here my friend, getting very tired of the grind

If BRs are determined by time of entry.

What vehicles do you stop playing and which do you start playing?

If you catch someone unaware or an idiot decides to head on. They're meant for strafing ground targets.

I would love to have it, but I don't buy premiums whatsoever. Is that how it's suppose to look? the hull we have looks quite different.

Tigers.

I adore it, Firefly's gun on a faster sherman's chassis alongside some armour that can pull of decent bounces against 75s and almost always with 57s, to try your luck with Soviet 85s and German 88s is pushing it though. British cold war-tier side armour so never try angling. The selling point is the gun though, god it's fantastic.
Super fast projectile speed, can waste tigers with a good shot to the central front plate, same with KVs.
>Is that how it's suppose to look?
yeah, the original design had the famous 'benis' turret (which warranted it the nickname "Cock Cruiser") but Gaijin decided against modelling it for some reason. Dunno why.
If you end up having the spare cash I'd recommend forking over for it, only bought it during the christmas sale and it's now my most played vehicle, not that i'd normally condone giving money to these slavs, mind you.
It's just a bloody good tank overall.

Drop down to earlier tiers and wreck shit, hombre. Get them dosh loots.

Sometimes I do, but I'm more into Cold War tanks. If they add the T-72, Leopard 2, or M1 L/44, I have no clue how anyone will be able to repair them.

Why don't the the Type 4 and 5 tanks have the APCR the Type 5 tank destroyer has?

When Gaijin does add modern tanks it'll only make sense to make cold war tiers more affordable, but then again Gaijin never makes sense so gg no re.

Which plane, /wtg/?

The bf109 pilot's grin in the bottom image...
>Yep, these are my tits.

>Eternal Anglo has smaller tits than the Yellow Peril

Those tits are fucking terribly drawn.

They're amazing, you serious?

They're too round, they look like bolted on fakes.

normally I hate spitnigger, but that dfc hhnnngggg

Those final screens were so hard to get that they evaded censorship for years simply because westerners couldn't get them

You had to kill 100% of enemies, collect 100% of gold (which dropped from 'challenge enemies' littered through the level,) never die, and beat the bosses with extreme speed

pure autism

>Gaijin decided against modelling it for some reason. Dunno why.

they would be sent to gulag for exposing Russia's youth to homoerotic content

right parenthesis

Is this the most dead general in Veeky Forums?

It's 2 am nigga everyone is sleeping

>First upgrade for the B-29 fucking ~DOUBLES~ its bombing effectiveness, allowing it to effectively destroy all three bases and still have enough bombs left over to deal 33% damage to the airfield

Who the fuck okayed that?

>An actually decent reward
T-thanks?

>go to rb
>get punished for not wanting to use it up

America.

Talisman, not a backup.

post memes

you mean garage queens?

When?

garbage*

Another happy landing

>12x20mm
>8000kg of bombs

It'd be another Tu-4, honestly. Fucking indestructible.

when

I once got a HO 229 talisman, and it was my first jet

nice tailhook, nerd

>i play air rb

>I play War Thunder

>i play war thunder

>i play

>I post

>I play jumbo

>

Do improved optics do anything in RB?

>get sprayed by MG in the spawn in SB
J

Increases spotting range for light tanks with that ability.

NO

who delivers a bigger spergout when being bullied: polaks or gooks/chinks?

>see someone
>press V
>sorry tovarish))) yuo do not of actually see him)))))))))))

Poles are chill

>tfw riding in hellcat
Also are there any mods that change VA to anime girls?

not really, but please post more qts in historical uniforms

War Thunder is an arcade game

>Take out B-29
>Midway
>1.0 up-tier on top of that
>Return to hangar

Gaijin couldn't actually expect me to play that. There's nothing to bomb.