Writing bux

I'm a fairly decent writer and I genuinely writing, but I'm stuck in a dead end 9-5 job in an unrelated field. My goal this year is to start working for myself through writing.

I enjoy long form blogging, fiction (sci-fi, mystery, romance), and non-fiction writing (self-help, topical).

What are the best ways to make money through writing? Debating whether to go the blogging route, the self-publishing route, or sell out completely and do copywriting or something of that nature.

Disclaimer - wasn't sure whether this belonged in /adv/ or Veeky Forums

I know there's a demand in kneepad review blogs.

Your mom already has that niche covered.

bump

>and I genuinely writing
You can't write for shit, faggot.

>Tried to write books
>Wrote an okay book and posted it on Amazon
>I thought I was gonna be Stephen King
>0 sales

Fuck this shit I'm gonna become an accountant.
MFW

>grammarfagging on Veeky Forums

just kys already pussy

Did you market at all? What genre? Did you have a platform to launch your book or did you literally just throw it on Amazon and pray?

>thinks accounting will not crush soul

good one user

Bro, you can't even proof read a post on a Chinese telemarketer forum and you expect people to give a shit about your thoughts and opinions? It's your own fault you're in a shit job and can't monetize your shit hobby. I don't even know you, but from your posts I can already tell you're never going to make it.

>projecting failure and abject misery
>mad online
not a good look, senpai

I made lots of mistakes so I'll share them maybe you can benefit. I tried to make a Tumblr to get people to know about the book but it didn't really work. Genre was murder but I couldn't figure out an ending so I just had 40 000 words and slapped it on Amazon.

It was about a divorce lawyer who kills her clients spouses to save them on alimony and stuff. (What do you think about the idea?)

Also how does accounting crush soul? And it's the only thing I got man.

Plz no bully.

What are you writing by the way?

WRITE ESSAYS FOR COLLEGE KIDS

>I made lots of mistakes so I'll share them maybe you can benefit. I tried to make a Tumblr to get people to know about the book but it didn't really work. Genre was murder but I couldn't figure out an ending so I just had 40 000 words and slapped it on Amazon.

I wouldn't launch a book without an existing platform, like a Twitter, Facebook, YouTube account or blog with 10k followers or more.

>Also how does accounting crush soul?

Some people can compartmentalize better than others, but I find work that I am detached from to be utterly draining.

>What are you writing by the way?
I used to enter writing contests in high school and college, won a handful over the years. Did some blogging in my early 20's but it was somewhat cringe and pretentious, now I just write for fun (mostly journalistic and short stories).

>It was about a divorce lawyer who kills her clients spouses to save them on alimony and stuff. (What do you think about the idea?)

Plz respond.

>Some people can compartmentalize better than others, but I find work that I am detached from to be utterly draining.

My goal is to be a restaurateur so accounting is a means to an end I guess.

>I used to enter writing contests in high school and college, won a handful over the years. Did some blogging in my early 20's but it was somewhat cringe and pretentious, now I just write for fun (mostly journalistic and short stories).

Good luck man

>What do you think about the idea?
Can't really say without a more detailed synopsis. I am extremely picky about what I read too. It's probably better to look at market demand rather than ask individuals their opinions.

Write books with lots of graphic sex. There's a lot of shitty books with graphic sex that sells really well because people like reading about that.

Are... are you serious? How can I start? Do you do this?

So a divorce lawyer kill the wives of her clients. Her mom divorced her dad and he killed himself so she hates women that gets divorced and kills them. Makes them look like suicides.

I couldn't come up with an ending though. What do you think?

Alton Brown?

That's Dr. Mew. Put your tongue to the roof of your mouth for a better jaw.

I like the story, you need a good ending for crime though, since that's the whole point of it. Can you maybe turn it into a mystery crime story, where you could keep the reader in suspense about something? This way your ending can be about the solution to a specific crime. Or the hunting down of your lawyer by someone else.
One very good thing about your subject matter is that men's rights issues and alimony is kind of a hot topic right now. Set the story in the current year and market it to MGTOWs etc. People like this kind of stuff lately, there are lots of alimony gossip stories circulating in the media.
Also if you believe in the story, you can just rewrite and republish the whole thing again, many great authors did that, don't worry if your first publication failed.

>Are... are you serious? How can I start? Do you do this?

>write book
>make pdf
>hire pajeet on upwork to make wordpress ebook site ($150)
>put 1 chapter on literotica and link to your site

I do this... online classes too... I make about $300 to $700 a month. It's not enough to live on, but as far as "side hustles" go, it beats the shit out of Uber.

How should detective crack case? How much do you write everyday user? And how to capture the non MGTOW market also?

Where can I start that?

1. Check the top 20 sellers on Amazon in your preferred category.
2. Write something as close to them as possible without directly plagiarizing.
3. Promote with Adwords / free digital press release

Non-MGTOW = that she was abused by her ex and this lead her to become manic

MGTOW - she is a woman its what they do

he's right though