/ksg/ - Katawa Shoujo General

Drunken Late Night II edition
Previous Thread:Official website: katawa-shoujo.com/ (KS is free)
Summer's Clover (Suriko's Non-Canon Miki Route): ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9996
Summer's Clover VN: mediafire.com/file/3cdazfotih9lob0/SummersClover-1.0.0-pc.zip mega.nz/#!y8sS3RBa!vZblxJwTpn_1jh6oFR7N8QqGbRecx3f6Rh5srPcmedQ
KS alpha: steamcommunity.com/groups/KSPreAlpha/discussions/0/1291816880498430072/
Pastebin: pastebin.com/Wp8y08x2
Writebin: pastebin.com/PpGnE3nc
KSG FAQ: pastebin.com/6Z28iW1x (embed) (embed)
Shimmie: shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/
Katawa Booru: cripple.booru.org/
Hanako Image Database: hanakoisbestgirl.com
KSG Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1834162
Flockdraw: skycow.us/whiteboard
3D-Printable Katawa Figurines: ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10195.swf
Desktop Katawas: mediafire.com/?ogvo1fh7d5x36j9
"I'm such a failure, I'll never find my Katawa" pastebin.com/B8bLKPz1
Crud's "Where Are 4LS Now?": reddit.com/r/katawashoujo/comments/6v2zkb/the_where_are_they_now_post/
Katawa Crash: katawashoujo.wikia.com/wiki/Katawa_Crash
Kenjjivania: newgrounds.com/portal/view/608881?id=608881
KS fanfics: fourleaffics.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:/ksg/
Halloween 2017 fan content collection: pastebin.com/rcU3M8G7
Skynet's Christmas Contest: pastebin.com/LL1pSL0J

The next creative event (Spring) can be read about here: pastebin.com/serUjMDS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XCiDuy4mrWU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZWAyoqfTUTc
youtube.com/watch?v=SptuPVT0rQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_SYEdvjT63M
youtube.com/watch?v=VTZ3PM3hUXc
youtube.com/watch?v=bUO-mfuPAqI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

YFW DA BURRS (eagles) WIN DA SUPERB OWL

Closer than the Patriots. We'll probably get Foles anyways. Maybe Wentz.

>even including the original source
oh yeah. the part where raita details the background of the disabilities instead of saying simply "blind girl" and "deaf girl" is useful.

Lilly!

>being this dense
m8 galena ain't even this dense. Lilly and Shizune were born with their deficiencies from out of no where, where Rin was specifically designated as a thalidomide baby. Rin is definitely a product of drug misuse, whereas L/S aren't given such a luxury. Between drug misuse on the parent's part and genetics, I'll choose drug misuse on the parent's part.
My dick can only be so erect.

First for Rin!
>Drunken
I wish. Maybe I'd get some sleep that way. Also,
The point is that the disabilities don't matter. Lilly being blind doesn't change that she's lazy. Shizune being deaf doesn't change that she's a bitch. Emi being legless doesn't change that she's annoying. Hanako being shy doesn't change that she's worst girl. Rin being armless doesn't change that she's bestgirl

You lads wouldn't believe how much I want to cuddle Emi right now

I'm quitting school and becoming a wageslave instead.

>I'm quitting school and becoming a wageslave instead.
Yes, comrade! Fund the Kommunist Mansion!

>m8 galena ain't even this dense
nigga you're a scientist. you work with evidence. there is no evidence in the source material to definitively say what caused shizune's and lilly's disabilities. maternal rubella, prenatal x-rays, etc., can cause blindness. likewise, infections (including bacterial meningitis and again rubella), and drugs including aminoglycosides and loop diuretics can cause deafness. we just don't know. science is evidence, and there's no evidence for your claim.

she's taken right now sorry bud ;)

I did this and I still hate my life
But if I stayed in school I'd probably have offed myself by now

I was arguing with an user that wanted to know which katawa would produce the best baby, so inevitably genetics came up. Depending on outlook, all girls are best girls, but I was arguing genetics vs disabilities outside of their control. L/S were born from seemingly healthy families, whereas the rest suffered later on.
m8 gold isn't even this dense. In absence of measurable data, original sources are decided to be mostly factual. In case of "being born blind/deaf", one can logically assume genetics are at fault, since the only data we have about the parents aren't conclusive about potential drug misuse during pregnancy, whereas Rin's original source specifically pinpoints thalidomides as the cause for her disability.

I will bully you.

I'm never seen this Shiz before. I'm going to save it.

>one can logically assume genetics are at fault
go ahead and assume that. i'll disregard your findings. we have no data at all about the mothers during pregnancy. drug misuse isn't necessary. all the drugs i named are prescription medicines. taking thalidomide during pregnancy can be seen as more of a misuse of drugs than the others since thalidomide is so famous for its teratogenetic properties. the fact that rin's blurb specifically mentions thalidomide does not, of course, lead to the conclusion that non-genetic factors did not contribute to the congenital abnormalities of the other two

>if you ignore the likely evidence, my theory is likely!
Occam's Razor, user

>likely evidence
there's the rub, user. there is no evidence, likely or not

Fair is fair. This is how I rationalized it: Lilly and Shizune's description where vaguely general at best, but Rin's was specifically designated as such. I come from an era before thalidomides, but for someone to be diagnosed specifically as such, compared to the vague terms provided for the others, I can't trust L/S disability to be based on drug misuse. It doesn't follow that Rin's is specifically because of drug misuse, when where as we assume L/S is. TL;DR If Raita was autistic enough to put Rin in the thalidomide baby group, why wasn't he as such with L/S?

>Word of God inspiration is not evidence

i'd posit it was because being born with flipper arms is a famous side effect of thalidomide, and he couldn't be fucked to research teratogens that might cause congential deafness or blindness for a sketch for a throwaway tongue-in-cheek game idea

>being born with flipper arms is a famous side effect of thalidomide
Granite I haven't experienced such a life (knowing full well thalidomides can lead to wonky side effects), but I don't want to believe that people are so lazy as to not research potential causes of blindness/deafness due to drug misuse. Perhaps, if you can explain why Shizune and Lilly are related as such, without bringing in drug misuse on the parents' part, I could be convinced otherwise. But, to bring it back some, you can't prove that it wasn't due to genetics either. You can only offer potential alternatives that are no way provable, either.

>you can't prove that it wasn't due to genetics either
i'm not trying to; just saying we don't know from the game. no reasons were ever mentioned in-game, and if you include raita's sketch the only thing that's mentioned is rin's mom using a famously well-known teratogen during her pregnancy for which, in the US at least, there are programs in place specifically to prevent that from happening. but anyway

interesting link, thanks. the more that i think about it, the one i was thinking about was less an interview than a blog post. it had earlier versions of different songs and songs that were cut from the game. it was on skaf's personal blog iirc, but has been nuked from the internet as far as i can tell

>in the US at least
Since the game takes place in Japan, using data obtained from the US becomes irrelevant. But more importantly, since nothing from the game is given, it is up to the reader's PoV as to how/when a katawa got their disability. I've used that image, and have deduced that, since Raita bothered to use thalidomides as an excuse (I'm assuming he knows about as much about thalidomides as the common person knows about STDs now-a-days), he would have, at the very least, provided a reason why L/S are as they are, to such a detail.

japan banned thalidomide for 46 years until 2008, so how rin's mom got ahold of any is a mystery

Regardless, I'm too gone right now to form rational opinions, according to me. I thoroughly enjoyed our argument, and hope to hear more soon since that's how we grow and learn.
It's as much a mystery as to why L/S have their disability now, isn't it?
Goodnight. I might respond to this coherently later.

>It's as much a mystery as to why L/S have their disability now, isn't it?
agreed; that's what i was arguing. catch you later, rocky.

Remember, never not never do it for her.

i'll do it to her, though

>try to get Lilly into sportsball
>only radio announcer is the worst in sportsball

This is how I lost her to Angus, isn't it?

Crippled girls CAN love crippled girls

>Granite
Get some more puns, jeez.

>It's as much a mystery as to why L/S have their disability now, isn't it?
Ever considered that it is just coincidence?

>crippled lesbians
That's a tautology

Pretty sure that is forbidden.

i thought the KS devs retconned the thalidomide explanation for Rin because she didn't actually match what they're really like

We have caught the king of infidels. Soon this Jihad will be over and my wife's (more importantly, Akira's future) holding in North Africa will be secure.

Goodnight queers.

Way too much Shiz so far.
One for Mish

>boyfriend

Why not both?

>Why not both?
You monster

If not both how about one after the other?

>the original three members of the Student Council will never run a train on you

I played KS for the first time yesterday, I can't help but think of how my Katawa would feel about my hobbies.
I keep imagining if Lilly was my dance partner, and what it would have been like. What about your passions? What would she think of them?

>ywn coax Lilly into trying Ballroom Dance
>ywn feel her cling to you in your first dance as she tries to balance you as her guide
>ywn feel her nervous grip as gets used to stepping backwards without her cane
>ywn help her up after her first inevitable fall
>ywn be her eyes as you guide her around the dance floor
>ywn see her surprise as you pull her in for her first spin turn
>ywn have that sense of joy at improving together as a couple
>ywn feel her chest press against yours, and feel every breath you take in unison
>ywn know that feeling of physical synchronization with someone you love
>ywn look in the mirror and see her beautiful frame poised onto you
>ywn pick out a beautiful dress for her with Hanako
>ywn see her surprise when Akira shows up at her first ball
>ywn whisper to each other conspiratorially in the middle of a dance
>ywn feel her sides shake after you tell her a joke while dancing
>ywn slow dance alone together after a long week
>ywn make up new silly moves with her to your favorite songs and have hot sweaty sex afterwards
>ywn impress her family at your wedding with your dancing

;_;

>one after the other
So Shizune's route and then comforting Misha?

>original three members of the Student Council
Any good fanfics?

>the bubbly, cute, clumsy-looking Misha
She's always cute, no matter what

for Rin

Lilly and I have had another child. This one is a genius, which is great. Sadly the idea that she is her own aunt has driven her mad.

What will this brilliant lunatic be named?

>Sadly the idea that she is her own aunt has driven her mad.
Rin

Do I admit that Rin is mine?

Slaine is a pretty fucking cool name for a mad genius.

Nobody must know. Legitimizing her would make a lot of people happy though if I’m looking at this right.
Maybe you should start wrapping it before you tap it from now on, though. This is getting out of hand.

Denounce her.
Rin is made to suffer without support

Slept for 4 hours and then restlessly lay awake in bed for 2. Now it’s 4am, should I give up and start my day or keep trying to sleep?

>would make a lot of people happy though
No actually it makes all my legitimate children and my wife very unhappy. So I denounced her and she is now officially a fatherless bastard.

It seems Lilly isn't happy enough being my mistress and wants to get married. I'm kinda insulted desu.

Are you me?
You may as well give up.
On everything

>she is now officially a fatherless bastard.
What happens to her now?

Which girl has the most memorable opening? I'm hard pressed choosing between Emi and Hanako

Tell me why when playing Katawa for the first time yesterday ( I went for hanako but somehow got on the path of Emi )
during the little clip of you two running after the festival I couldn't take in the cute art and was instead focused on if Emi was using proper form with her arms ?
Damn it track fucking ruined my enjoyment of it , I was too fucking focused on her fucking arms

Emi's intro cinematic? The animated bits aren't exactly artistic masterpieces.
What in particular was wrong with her form?

I don't know mate , whatcha got to do today?

>The animated bits aren't exactly artistic masterpieces.
You take that back!

>give up.
>On everything
I can't do that, it would upset my wife Emi.
I did give up on sleeping though. Maybe I'll try taking a nap later or something.

Nothing obliges me to do it beyond my own motivation (like a job or appointment or anything).

>would make a lot of people happy though
No actually it makes all my legitimate children and my wife very unhappy. So I denounced her and she is now officially a fatherless bastard.
>Maybe you should start wrapping it before you tap it from now on, though.
The way the game works it is does a pregnancy check monthly? based on Lilly's and my fertility %. Fertility is a hidden stat you can see it with cheats though calculated based on age, health another hidden stat and your traits. It all happens in the background and there isn't really anything you can to to influence it. I do have a mod though that adds a targeted decision to sleep with your wife or lover. It still uses the fertility % though so it doesn't guarantee a pregnancy just lets you more likely to conceive since the pregnancy check happens more often.

It seems Lilly isn't happy enough being my mistress and wants to get married. I'm kinda insulted desu.
there was supposed to be a pic to go with this post.

>What happens to her now?
Well since she is useless to me politically she is basically only good for her genes. So I have betrothed her to Akira's second son Akira Jr. who is also a genius. The fact the are cousins AND nephew/aunt I'm sure will have... no ill effect...

Nothing was wrong her form , it´s just that i was too damn focused on seeing if the artists researched correctly drew how your suppose to run ( at least for somewhat short distance track ) that I kind of forgot to enjoy the little clip

Oh, I see.
Good to know I haven't been copying bad form.

>Well since she is useless to me politically she is basically only good for her genes. So I have betrothed her to Akira's second son Akira Jr
Oh, I thought she'd be completely screwed over... I bet Akira Jr is like Hisao - too smart to be abstract

>I thought she'd be completely screwed over
Her being a bastard means that she is no longer a member of my Dynasty and she is removed from the line of succession.

The Satou Dynasty is still new, only three generations, with just one landed member me but I intend to make it great.

You should do a Hakamichi run next:
>Mighty King Jigoro
>Iron Queen Shizune
>Enigmatic Princess Hideaki

No nips in this game sadly.

yeah your suppose to swing your arm in opposite of your leg ( as you swing your left arm the right leg goes as , for the right arm it should be the left leg ) your arms are what you put lots of energy into , if you pump your arms ( if your keeping form) your legs should follow , in principle anyway .
Side note : It doesn't really matter how you hold your hands , I usually have them open and flat slicing through the air as I pump them but I think that's preference .

What hobbies do you have then to work on?
Or at least would you like to get started on?

>Emi
youtube.com/watch?v=XCiDuy4mrWU
>Hanako
youtube.com/watch?v=ZWAyoqfTUTc
>Lilly
youtube.com/watch?v=SptuPVT0rQQ
>Misha
youtube.com/watch?v=_SYEdvjT63M
>Rin
youtube.com/watch?v=VTZ3PM3hUXc
>Shizune
youtube.com/watch?v=bUO-mfuPAqI
Don't really know about the others...

Chew through my anime and vidya backlogs, learn french, work on a completely self-masturbatory worldbuilding project that has no intention of being seen by other people, and hopefully apply for a different job than the one I have now.

I stick to open hands too because Hisao mentions it in Emi's route. I assumed that it was to better vent your body or something, since most of the body's heat leaves via our hands and feet. I'll admit that's a pretty pseudo-science explanation though, and you're probably right in that it's just preference.
It definitely feels better than clenching my hands into sweaty fists, that's for sure.

I like this kind of autism.
What's your reasoning behind Rin's song, though? The rest all seem very obvious, but the title and what little I can make out of the lyrics aren't really forming any connections with Rin in my mind.

that's a lot of negatives, you probably lost emifags at the second one.

>girls can love girls
Suriko said no.

because Misha wouldn't be suffering like she deserves.

So always never do it for her?

>tfw no Scent of a woman remake with reversed role, Lilly (obviously) playing the blind character, and her dancing partner being played by _______me_______

Oh really worldbuilding? For what kind of story?
For me I've been fucking myself lately with school, learning a language, drawing, want to start writing (maybe poems or rap kind of thing , I don't know but definitely not for anyone to see) kind of want to see what I can do in the realm of voice acting, been exercising, running and finally I have been looking at joining a boxing course to finally get some muscle on my bones after running slimmed everything down.

When it comes to hands it usually leads to my hands either being open when I´m not carring anything or my left hand holding keys with the right holding my phone .

>learn french, work on a completely self-masturbatory worldbuilding project that has no intention of being seen by other people
Et pourquoi pas?

Rin's first scene had me SO hooked.

Peut-être parceque ce sont des activités de nerd et que user c'est pas un vieux geek!

>Shizune
>Green hair
tf?

Katawa Disability: Shoujo Girls

What's everyone doing to make their katawa proud today then?
I'm doing some admin (updating my CV) and getting on with some freelance work, so I guess if Shizune was my waifu she would be satisfied. Unfortunately for me, Rin probably doesn't care about things like that

see

Making music.

>For what kind of story?
No such story. The worldbuilding itself is what I'm interested in and have fun with, and so I do it for its own sake.
Nice to see someone else dabbling in a bunch of stuff as well. Every since I started working out/running I've become enamoured with the amount of progress I can make in the long term with just a little bit of effort/practice/dedication on a regular schedule. That's why I picked up French (I'm Canadian so I had some background learning french in school, although I was always terrible at it back then), I plan on eventually branching out to other languages once I firmly grasp French on a conversational level at least.

I think I've become better recently about keeping my hands open more often in general as well, as opposed to, say, having them in my pockets. I think I'll try focusing on that more from now on.

Sorry, I only started practicing about a week ago so don't expect anything from me. It won't be seen by anyone because it exists on a conceptual island, existing by itself. Unfortunately worldbuilding by itself is far less of a desired artistic commodity than the works which it typically accompanies. I assume most people like me that have an interest in it are also like me in the sense that they would rather create their own than indulge in other people's, so I don't have any reason to release it to the public's eye if I ever even get far enough into it that it takes the form of a release-ready product. Which I'm fine with.

Brewed some tea

>I-I so s-shy I can't e-even s-stand a c-classmate saying h-hello
Took me one scene to realize Hanako would be shit tbqh

>Making music.
FOR YOU or for Spring?

>worldbuilding
Problem a lot of writers have with world building is they spend so much time creating worlds and not enough time writing within them, so when it comes to starting a story they throw out buckets of exposition which can be overwhelming. Alternatively, the Dune approach of having an index worked fine for Frank Herbert. Of course, if you aren't planning to write in it or release it - just creating it for your own entertainment - then it can be whatever you want, however you want it, and you'll hopefully always understand it.
Is it a medieval world called Yamakia?

>tea
French Vanilla?

Nah, just some stuff that says 'tea' on the label.

my first impressions on their opening/first scenes :
Hanako : Shy moeblob, not my style
Lilly : 2classy4me
Rin : Funny, but I didn't think her very pretty at this point, and yeah, that's kind of an important part for appeal in a dating VN. fwiw I find her much prettier now.
Emi : Super adorable (both physically, and personality)
Shizune : Didn't like her much on her first scene/s, but I've grown to her after that, she's my 2nd or 3rd girl

For me. I didn't know that the contest accepted music submissions.