/indie/ - Indie and Misc. Games General

Robo-boy edition

Previous thread >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as Hollow Knight, RUINER, Cuphead, Heat Signature, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, FTL, Machinarium, DashBored, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Rain World, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

Other urls found in this thread:

igg-games.com/dead-by-daylight-free-download.html
store.steampowered.com/app/612390/Dandara/
store.steampowered.com/app/590590/Remnants_of_Naezith/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's pretty cute though

So around 12$ then?

I'm playing subnautica and love it but I'm wondering if I can die in the game over time just to the infection? I've been more focused on building and gathering resources but I'm worried I'm going to drop dead from not exploring more and find a cure.

Nah, it's just theatrical.

Yes

Thanks good to know.

You are already dead

I made it, just got my first win as Silent on this patch. It took almost no misplays but I. did. it. Game seems harder than the pirated build.

Thanks OP, here's (you)rs

Second for cat. Also pancake day is just a week away now.

Nope. I got the two week death warning and I've been playing for 5 weeks in-game.

okay so how is that one futuristic bar indie game? and say something besides "comfy"

It's cute and fun. Has some memes occasionally, but nothing too drawn out.
The characters are all really interesting, and you get to know them over the course of several evenings.
It's a VN though, if you don't like reading don't get it. You do get to choose the drinks they get when they're vague with their wishes, and the game rewards you for paying attention to their personalities and stories, but most of the time you're still just reading.

it's also surprisingly realistic at times.

I figured out why I was having so many issues with that Van Hellsing game.

Are you talking about Vallhalla or Red Strings Club?

>somebody saved this image

Huh, I thought I only posted it a few times

I always save Niko since I couldn't do so in the game.

There is nothing wrong with returning them to a single mother household.

Unless Niko has a dad

Good thing I've already played OneShot or you retards would have spoiled it for me by now

I don't think anything really "spoilery" has been brought up, at least for the story. Maybe "character spoilers"?

>my friend tried to torrent oneshot
>all the torrents are broken or have steamapi errors

should have just bought it for $9 during the steam sale :^)

Why so angery?

I'm getting that error right now and I bought the game

Works for me :^)

The like 5 seconds of piano that played as I took this screenshot gave me a mild punch to the feels. How does shit like that fuck me up so much

>you only have oneshot, bonglord420

DAMN THAT'S DEEP BRO TAKING IT FROM MY COMPUTER JUST LIKE UNDERTALE

Niko! Cousin! Do you want to go bowling?

>maybe the real Underrail:Expedition was the friends we made along the way
Styyyyyg

I originally thought the game just took the name from your steam profile, since both it and my computer/user name were the same.

I gave my save file to a/the dev at one point to fix a gamebreaking bug I encountered, and when I got it back the game was referring to me by my actual first name. I'm still not sure how that happened

You need to be over 18 to post here.

Oh fuck you.

restart your computer

He knows where you live john, run

Niko sure is a cute girl (male)

>hear knock at the door
>open
>it's smoll Niko
>"why have you abandoned me, John?"

It's a good thing my name isn't John, then

Anyone here is more or less knowledgeable about pillars of eternity?
Just started playing and I have some questions
1. Is it worth buying white march 1&2 right off the bat?
2. Is it possible to change my attributes in a legit way later in the game?
3. Mostly considered playing paladin, monk and fighter, is any of them a bad idea for a newbie?
4. If I'm not min-maxing or following some build, is it going to bite me in the ass later?

>no geneforge speedruns
I just beat the game teach me how to git gud
Gonna try the rebel route just to see how bizarre it should be to kill most shapers.

>1. Is it worth buying white march 1&2 right off the bat?
No, you dont even know if you're going to like the base game, baka.
>2. Is it possible to change my attributes in a legit way later in the game?
I'm pretty sure you cant.
>3. Mostly considered playing paladin, monk and fighter, is any of them a bad idea for a newbie?
>4. If I'm not min-maxing or following some build, is it going to bite me in the ass later?
To both of these : You cant really fuck up your builds in PoE because of the mercenaries/custom heroes you can recruit in taverns. Play what you want, you can always make a full party (minus your character) of heroes with the skills you need if you're hitting a dead end, went to go full stealth, or just enjoy burning everything.

>1. Is it worth buying white march 1&2 right off the bat?
No, you dont even know if you're going to like the base game, baka.
I'm pretty sure I'll stick with it for longer
Anyway, thanks a lot

>Play the game until the end of Act 2 first, get WM1&2 if you liked it so far
>nope
>Paladin and Monk are fun, Fighter you get one super early in the game and it's not a very involved class so if you want your MC to be some kind of snowflake high apm hero, pick something else
>don't worry if you pick normal or hard (I recommend the latter)

Fuck the last two lines of the Solstice ending

And this is why Hat in Time is superior. The ending leaves you satisfied.

The ending is fine, it's just fucking sad, in a way. Or at least it is to me, though I might just be a sensitive boy.

Then again, similar games didn't have nearly as much of an impact on me as it, so I dunno

Katawa Shoujo made me want to off myself. Should I avoid Oneshot?

Sadness > Happiness

Prove me wrong

>the friends we made along the way
>implying

Well I've never played KS, so I don't really know how comparable it is, but I don't imagine Oneshot would be anywhere near as "bad" in that regard.

Happy Niko > sad Niko

Checkmate

Factually incorrect.

You are clearly sick in the head and require death

The recommendation pasta really needs a serious update

Spore batons are back in Geneforge 4? I was starting to think Vogel scrapped them for good.

Rebels probably do more than just kill everything that moves on the two last islands. Not that killing everything that moves bothered me. That is the Shaper way.

So I really like the "one more mission" gameplay loop , like Darkest Dungeon or Recettear, where you can do short expeditions to gain something for your overall campaign. Like seeing a specific boss mission, carefully preparing for it, doing it, and immediately getting the rewards to upgrade shit. All in a day's work.
Any other games that do this really well?

>check world map before crossing the border
>think Dillame will be a good 2-3 area journey
>cross border
>see this

Something gives me this feeling that Vogel really wants me to go there immediately. Still he could have put that city a little closer on the map. This looks lazy.

Thea.

But it's more of a turn-based game where every turn represents a hour or so, and you must send expeditions to recover rare ressources while hoping you won't run out of food or firewood.
I remember trying it, losing everyone to spiders, and raging. The combat system is very weird.

Is this really 4 because visuals look a downgrade

Yeah. That screenshot probably makes it look worse than it really is. But he made a bunch of new sprites and some look good, some shit, but they always look out of place. And I have no idea what he is doing with Fyoras. They looked good in 1 and 3, and crap in 2 and 4.

Also he is giving the faction sprites more color variety, not completely tied to the color you pick for yourself. I have a hard time taking all those rebel commanders in pink seriously. Especially lifecrafters.

>while hoping you won't run out of food or firewood.
Do you die permanently though?
I'm ok with missions failing, but I hate being constantly on the verge of death the entire playthrough.

You don't die, since you don't really exist. It's more like managing your team.

If I remember right, you can get a demo on Steam, so go check it out, it's "Thea the Awakening".

Boundary Break on Hat in Time when?

>Trajkov is the patron saint of the luddites

Pure gold.
I'm not much tempted my the rebels, but doing a Trakovite run sounds fun. Probably the kill 'em all route of 4, and that's alright because I want to complain to someone about being forced into the rebels' abortion of a Geneforge.

ESA is great and I would think much more highly of metroidvanias in general if they all thought outside the box as much as it does. Sequel ever?

alright, will check it out.

Please report back once you tried it, I'm curious to know what you think of it.

>Sequel
After he finishes Baba is You.

When will Baba be done?

No idea. He's working on it.

I can pirate all those games

No you can't.

Yes I can

Go pirate Dead by Daylight, a FULLY ONLINE game.

Yes I can, yes I caaaaan!

Have fun then, friend.

igg-games.com/dead-by-daylight-free-download.html

I can pirate it

Whether the online works or not is another question, but I can pirate it

played a few minutes, but obviously not long enough to give a full review.
I don't really feel like it's what I'm looking for though. It looks like a 1-city civ game, with a few text-based encounter choices, but it's very detached and cluttered. It just doesn't "grab" me like other games do.

Anyone playing one of these two?
store.steampowered.com/app/612390/Dandara/
store.steampowered.com/app/590590/Remnants_of_Naezith/

That's what I feared. I'll keep thinking about your request, but I have no idea right now.

Didn't you post the same exact shit earlier?

Earlier as in two days ago?
Now that they're released, I'm asking if anyone's playing before I buy.

>Buy a space station in Starbound
>Deploy it and bookmark teleporter
>Stand around doing nothing for 15 minutes in it
>Unable to figure out the layout I should use for it
I kind of want it to be a personal home slash museum thing

I realize it's a weird request. I often find the generic genre descriptors severely lacking when it comes to describing what I like about games.
For this specific request, other games I played, like MGSV and Atelier Sophie also qualify, so it's not really about it being indie, or RPGs, or Weeb/western stuff.
It's more like going to work, but with people you like!

I understand your request. I just struggle to find games that reward preparations rather than going in willy-nilly. And since you already quoted MGSV, I'm out of idea. At least for now. Maybe the Thief games, but it's far-fetched and it's just "pick what you want to bring" rather than that feeling of preparing expeditions.

Expedition soon...soon...soon...NOW

I finally beat DD2!

>beat hard part of a game
>feel no satisfaction whatsoever
huh

Is Hard Reset any good? I'm itching for a nice FPS.

Why is this girl grabbing Homer Simpson junk?

Why do I keep coming back to this bullshit? It demands perfection time and time again, starts out balls to the walls hard and just gets harder from there, and it gives me nothing but frustration at how little room for error there is or how I must be misunderstanding how precise the controls are because of how tight the hitboxes are at times.

But I keep coming back to play it, I get angry, say "I'm going to stop now, I mean it!" and then come back because I'm bored. It feels like it's an abusive ex or something.

Maybe just so I can hear some more of Rich Evan's voice work that doesn't pop up nearly as much as I had hoped.

It annoys me that I can't free-build stations, in the end I just ignored the thing and built a huge tower on a nearby planet.

For all the Idle Grinder fags, Realm Grinder got its next bit of A2 content and Valentines Event soon.
>A Nerf and a few buffs
>New Lineage Perks at Level 30
>Union upgrades now unlock a full set of 3 Upgrades
>2 new hidden trophies
>10 new Artifacts, 1 perk Faction, and 1 global one
>New upgrade type, Artifact Set, each is unlocked by collecting all 3 of a Faction's Artifacts, works like Lineage and Bloodline, resetting which one you pick on Abdication
>Getting many Excavations now has the ability to reset your Excavation count for that Abdication, at the cost of e^1 production
>2 new Reincarnation powers at 108 and 115

i tried out realm grinder and couldn't get into it, it felt like it was obnoxiously reliant on achievements to get anywhere
it also crashed and lost my data so that didn't help

meh. Took me 4 hours to finish according to steam, and don't remember shit from it. Pretty generic shooter iirc.

That's what I want. I just want a game where I shoot things in the face. I tried Ziggurat, but while I like fantasy shooter, that one felt meh.

Not enough impact to the weapons, and the ending was terrible.

hard reset has a demo on steam, just try it and if you feel like you want more, buy it.

I tried it and it seemed fine on short term, but I'm interested on the long run. Is it a game where you can buy all upgrades before the game ends, thus making replays not interesting, or are you limited in your upgrades?

sleep tight, /indie/