/drg/ - Danganronpa General

Previous thread Smoogie Edition

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>Danganronpa News Updated 11/15/17
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC Spike Chunsoft opens North American publishing branch

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide *MUST READ IF YOU ARE NEW*
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - In-depth gameplay mechanics and information
pastebin.com/M1sg5ftn - Danganronpa V3 Bonus Mode starting guide
Modding guides: docs.google.com/document/d/1J1kzVZus2k1ci8uiNUYuyXfHuGfnoDHELQ9httsdCMw/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1LDc2DG46Jzs7oyp8vnzDonuqMtLetew6T5TqIZVoVgM/edit

>Danganronpa 1&2
store.steampowered.com/bundle/361/Danganronpa_1__2/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-1•2-reload/cid=UP1063-CUSA06808_00-DANGANRONPARLDUS

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls:
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-another-episode-ultra-despair-girls/cid=UP1063-CUSA07293_00-ZETTAIZETUBOUPS4

>Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony:
store.steampowered.com/app/567640/Danganronpa_V3_Killing_Harmony/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-v3-killing-harmony/cid=UP1063-CUSA08537_00-DANGANV3PS400000

>Danganronpa Interviews and Articles Updated 28/12/2017
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>Download pastebin *contains DOWNLOADS "wink", art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

>Danganronpa fan works pastebin *contains links to fanart, fan-fiction, and dr-related artists*
pastebin.com/DkRdiShK

>Winter Danganronpa:
docs.google.com/document/d/1lwq5uisL7AlEGiQIvn84Hf4KuEm5nlbhjRyJ-XE3M54/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/46s6p45h
discord.gg/euX9Um
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Make sure to stay hydrated /drg/! Have a glass of water!

I love my beautiful wife Maki so much! Valentine's day is coming up and I'm so excited!

hey kaito

I want /drg/ to have a nice night/morning

Best mage Himiko! I hope you all have a wonderful day! For those of you posting about how much you love your waifu or husbando I have a message for you They love you too

My senpai is away so I'll piggy back on you two friendos!

Another day of Chihiro herding completed, time to rest!until i pick up my gf at 10 oclock at night from work
Good evening /drg/, the Chihiros are up and so am i! How are you doing this fine evening?

If I don't die early sure why not

You should have an even better one!

Oumaede!

I'm glad to see you're using my gift already!

I wish I was Kaito.

Angie!

I love it so much, and I love you so much!

Spooky

Koko! After that last thread, I feel like giving her a mini-appreciation. Yumeno isn't my favorite girl, not even from her own game, but I think she's one of the strongest V3 characters. I understand if people find her rather annoying or boring, but I find her really sweet and relatable. The reason I relate to her so much is definitely her coping mechanisms and her stubborn nature. Supressing one's emotions because they don't want to deal with the responsibilities of them is extremely common to find in people, especially young teens. Being a NEET who still hasn't moved out and probably won't until years after I get a job, I also act like this, using it to evade chores and talking things out with other people when I'm supposed to. I picked up on Yumeno's coping mechanism rather easily, having a similar case, so I didn't mind her in the first half of the game because of it since I understood her perspective so much. Her progressive development throughout Chapter 3 was genuinely emotional. From using Angie's god as her escapism to make things easier and have someone else fight her battles, to taking Tenko's speech to heart only for it all to fall apart from her death, to realizing what Tenko's words mean through Saihara and Kokichi and coming back to her senses before her final breakdown. In the second half, I find her such an enjoyable companion to have. Even when she can't exactly help in every situation, she's always doing her best to support everyone and tries to use a non-serious tone to lighten the mood and give everyone hope. She's just a very nice character to be around for me. And even then, she develops just the right amount where it's a huge change, but still the same consistent character we found before Chapter 3. That's why I love her character. I know I may just get shit for writing this because of the last thread, but if there are any Himikofags around, I hope you enjoyed the read if you chose to read this!

friendly reminder

sure, okay
just don't buckle my knees

Good OP!

You are a big guy. You can take it.
I don't care for Himiko but I know she is a good character. Also the Himiko poster is nice!

Kaede BIG bbc lover!

That was nice. I'd say Himiko is my second favorite DR character overall, and I never really thought about her relatability before this and/or last thread.

>thread already being shit

(You)

I probably if you're not too heavy and tall.

I can't typeset right now so here's a translation for this.
>Akamatsu-chan, my fortune said "excellent luck"! [Daikichi] What about yours?
>Mine? Well...
>"Kokichi"... [Note: It means "Small Luck"]
>Wait, that was wrong! It's actually "Shokichi"!
>It read the same way as your name, so I got confused...
>Oh... well then... it's fine...

I'm a small guy geezz.

Get out.

FUCK baconfags

Cringe

everyone hates you

Huh, so it's a kanji pun? Interesting.

I want to eat Chisa's asshole like I eat a Chisa Pizza

I wish someone baked a better bread instead of having a retarded Mugifag doing it.

Nah.

I need to do something like this for Maki one day, it'd probably end up sounding autistic and jumbled though.
Himikofriend is a cutie!
Good to know.

spam images so we could make another thread

To be fair, we had plenty of time to bake but didn't. We did it to ourselves.

yes retard everyone loathes you

>A reminder that Kyoko is the best girl.

Ouma's name is a gold mine of kanji puns when it comes to New Year's.

Can you PLEASE stop bullying Mugi? This is what I f*cking mean. No matter what she gets bullied, and NO it is NOT on the same level as Ibukifriends. Ugh I just want to bite myself or hit something or UGH can you all just stop!?

Really? I had no idea buddy! That sucks! I guess I should just kill myself shouldn't I?
>Implying you know what he looks like.
Pls.

I love Kirumi!

strawpoll.com/46s6p45h

Mommy no, you can't!

>Really? I had no idea buddy! That sucks! I guess I should just kill myself shouldn't I?
yes

>I had no idea buddy
You haven't seen people before post that?

>A reminder that Kyoko is the best girl

Not my favorite girl but I also wish she wasn't bullied as hard, she's a cutie and I found her pretty fun. She's up there for me though.

Why do you save random autists' pics off of Veeky Forums and keep them on your phone?

I love my wife!

Drew this because I think Mugi's pretty hot and I hate Zeussufags. Enjoy, from your local Oumaede user!

Why is our OP such trash?

Because, as always, OP is a faggot.

a wife that's in a lesbian relationship, I hope!

You're very kind, Oumaede user. Thank you.

(You)

I hope the next gimmick is suicide

No idea. Thank you kind anons for bringing that to my attention. Brb killing myself. If /drg/ won't love me then no one will!

cute style
hope to see more then

I'll post pictures of me cutting myself lots. Sound good?

Yup, I'm a lesbian for Mahiru.

I doing as well as always herder. How are you and the chihiros today?
Now this is a post I really love. Thank you user. I love her for all the same reasons and she inspires me to improve myself and keep things positive for everyone.

Thank you my comrade. I hope you have a nice day.

SUOMI

Mommy...

>Duel with all our clothes on
>Takes off clothes
Hmm

>A reminder that Kyoko is the best girl.

I'm joking.... Implying an user telling me to kill myself is anything other than laughable.

Sauna mainittu, torilla tavataan.

Meme images aside you are correct. She is best girl!

Phew I was going to feel bad. I hate you faggot-chan

I love him though. A whole bunch. No need to be so rude, user.

Maki is a character I also enjoy, not as much but I still really like. I understand that her writing isn't the best, but outside of some dialogue inconsistency and being overall generic, it's mostly her portrayal that I find back rather than her actual character. A bit of a controversial opinion but that's how I see it. I actually like Maki because she's simple and easy to understand, which Kodaka even noted himself that he expected people to like her from how straight-forward her arc and characterization is. While I do enjoy complex characters, I like most archetypes as long as they're done right, I also enjoy simple characters like Maki. What drew me to her at first was her nice aesthetic, alongside her voice and design, and her blunt but calm nature. She was always straight to the point and never added any further description than what she needed to convey. I always liked that. And this will sound cheesy, but I just love the story arc where the cold character learns to open up to a more optimistic person. Here, I liked the detail that she was really self-loathing and didn't view herself as human due to her hatred of killing and what she's been put through, and what Kaito was doing for her was help her come to her senses and realize she was a normal girl all along. A lot of people seem to misunderstand her motivations like if it was all for Kaito. While yes, she does things for Kaito, a lot of her motivation comes from her wanting to stop the killing game, thinking it'd end the despair, despite how it obviously won't. Her attack on Kokichi? While saving Kaito was part of it, she mainly wanted to defeat the mastermind and take down the remnants of despair through the leader. Her attempt to sacrifice everyone? Ties more into her motivation, and showing her refusal to give up, although again, bias from thinking Kokichi got Kaito killed by her hands plays a part of it. Not sure if you appreciate Maki for similar reasons I do, but I hope you enjoyed this.

greentext doesn't mean what you think it does!!

Exclusive pictures of Finn anons in their natural environment.

Honestly I could see you do that for the sake of forced attention.

Yeah. One of the reasons why you felt so sad in DR1 and SDR2 was due to how these people had forgotten their ties and some like Hifumi even remembered how Celes had once revealed her name before he died, and V3 not only messes up the group dynamics but has so many outsiders that they effectively ceased to have any meaning after they died...except for the fact that they died. 'B-but their lives have meaning!' I want to remind you Shuichi that you seem pretty fucking relieved knowing it was Kokichi and not Kaito who was crushed under the press and who further agreed after prompting from Maki that it's not worth understanding him. Good job with the cast dynamics there, Kodaka!

I couldn't stop cringing at Shuichi's 'emotional and powerful' speech for that reason because what he says versus what the games shows is so different it's like he's suddenly putting on rose-tinted glasses fondly remembering people just because they died or something. Himiko actually is also victim to this, she seems to forget how annoying she found Tenko in chapter 2...and in a spectacular display of learning to value people proceeds to tell Kiibo in chapter 4 that maybe he can be useful by killing himself. Wow.

Umineko does something similar in its final volume but that one really brought tears to my eyes because of how profoundly genuine and heartbreaking it was, and it's extremely powerful because the author took a lot of care to remind you constantly that the main characters were not the best of people, but they were human with all the qualities that come with it.

...I could rant on for hours about V3's writing problems on many levels but yeah, 2/3 of the survivors not having a connection to most of the others in itself is a big problem and in my opinion this wouldn't be such an issue if the game didn't attempt to shove it down your throat that they should totally survive because a fictional character changed them or whatever.

>it's mostly her portrayal that I find back rather than her actual character.
It's mostly her portrayal that I find bad*

It's a well known fact that we post from our saunas.

Replaying DR1 made me re-ignite in my hatred for bacon. Fuck that stupid faggot aloof bitch. Literally railroads you into suicide because she needs to tell her retarded dad to fuck off. That's worth you dying to her. Then later when she comes to save you it's just 'you're a boy lol deal with it'. I hate bacon. I want to destroy her and her disgusting garbage fingers. Stupid pile of trash. She should have stayed in the garbage bag.

new /drg/ fujo server
for anyone that appreciates the male characters in Dangan

discord.gg/euX9Um