/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP (embed)

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Previous:

So are any /mhg/ squads recruiting for comfy hunts from time to time?

There have never been any PC players in any online game ever that didn't hack.

Kirin?

What's a good early high rank gunlance?

Kirin me softly.

CB nerf fucking when?

chew tubby

>No armor set builder yet
OH NO NO NO NO

I can make and upgrade a WE charm to basically give WE+3 right?

People hack in items on consoles too, what's your point?

can't put on a trainer for 1 hit kills on consoles

Really wish the god damn monsters would stop running away every 5 seconds. Even with 4 players it's hard to kill some of these monsters before they ultimately disappear from the expedition.

I hope someone makes a doujin where meowscular cat cucks us with our palico.

He's just buttblasted that he is not only paying for online but also bought a ps4 pro just for mhw when everyone else will get to play the game at actual 60fps locked in a few months and have free, better online to boot

20 hours? i can teach it to a retard in 5 min
>spam charged slash until red
>charge shield
>triangle+circle a few times until youre about to saed but press r2 instead
>spam charged slash till red
>charge phials but hold triangle until some point
>spam triangle+circle but let it finish this time
>repeat charged slash into charge phials into SAED until buffs run out

Zorah Magdaros, even if it's not the best it's the most fun for 24/7 explosions, also shelling lvl 3

>tfw just spent 4 hours farming for Rath ruby with no success

yeah, sometimes they pop up in here

i’m planning to make a session later for a new NA squad. i want that fucking odoragon gem

So I just got into HR and made myself a Zorah set with Kestodon gloves. Don't have any cool charms yet or decos, but with the zorah GS this gives me

Crit Status
Blast atk 3
atk boost 2
bombardier 2
earplugs 1
windproof 1
tremor res 1
focus 1
handicraft 1
fortify 1
affinity sliding 1

Not exactly amazing and all over the place, but given that the zorah GS has high blast on it at least the lvl 3 blast skill, the zorah set bonus, affinity slide and so on don't seem like a complete waste.
Should be okay to start HR out with?

this method actually led me to accidentally speedrun HR rath variants

>join Rathalos hunt
>guy on his mic
>figure I’ll turn my mic on
>talk a little here and there
>Rathalos almost dead
>other guy is poisoned and low on health
>figure I’ll run to him and use an herbal powder, saving the day
>”Yo, get away from me man!”
>wat
>Rathalos moves to him
>fireballs him to death
>”What the FUUUUUUUUUCK”
>cold sweat, turn off headset, quit the game
And here we are

So uh

What do I do with all these armor spheres, I’ve beaten tempered kirin without even upgrading my set

hi

thats a man

delet this

upgrade your set

>most technical weapon by far
>damage requires windup comparable to fully charged GS
>offers no additional utility like Hammer
>extremely poor against small and/or mobile monsters like Kirin.
>beats Hammer and Bow solo clear times only just barely
CB doesn't need a nerf, you just need to git gud.

Do herbal powders not work for the entire area? Lifepowder seems to...

cute

I'm a world baby but I put almost 120hours into it. Want to go back and place the other games to see what they were like and even see what "story" they have. What is the best version of the first 4 generations of games? It's kinda hard to figure out what is a new game or what is a updated copy of a previous game via the wiki

Princess Panoply, which is the Rathian GS, is what I've been using. Pretty sure it has Lv.2 Normal shelling and alright green sharpness with some nice raw. Also poison. You might wanna find some way to get Razor Sharp though.

Can any hammerbro confirm how to a good bomb wake?
You put the bombs a bit further from the head so that the Charge 3 hits and THEN the bombs detonate, right?

what's the foolproof way to get the plunder blade in rotten vale?

Everything needs to be nerfed all the way down to HH's level. Hunters are too strong.

>caring about story in a MH game

what are you, gay?

>defeat 2 Bazelgeuse
>almost 1 shot me every bomb
>cant fucking attack because he wont stop shitting his bomb
>took me 40 minutes
>died twice

I'm glad It's over.

>just spam SAED bro!!! :^)

Odo 4 piece with dragon eyepatch is probably the best early-ish HR set you can make for GL.
Princess Panoply is also the best normal GL to make as it's normal level 4 at Royal Burst which is the highest normal shelling gunlance.

>blocks
>easy stuns
>fuck huge damage with fuck huge range
>easy tail cuts
>fastest clear times
>doesn't need a nerf???

If you have a PC, 3U on Cemu would be best, otherwise get a WiiU for it
4U on N3DSXL or maybe citra (not sure how good this one runs now)
Generations also on N3DSXL but can be emulated on citra

I didn’t even know it worked for the entire area. Would’ve been useful info

Just play Generations or 4U.

>offers no additional utility like Hammer

>Better at KOing than hammer
>and can block
>and has hitzone-ignoring impact phials for tough breaks
>and doesn't get flinched to shit like hammer

how delusional are you

What skills are good for the Lance? I have guard +5 at the moment, but I'm not sure if this is overkill.

Odo set is good for the entirety of HR, I don’t know why everyone says it’s good for just early HR.

>most technical weapon
LMFAO if youve ever played rogue in WoW its a dumbed down version of that in this iteration since youre are LITEARLLY just losing damage by not trying to SAED asap
>damage requires windup
youre still doing assloads of damage while charging phials assuming you have sword buff
>no additional utility
you have a fucking shield with a stupid amount of guard points that can also get buffed to be better

Because at some point you might want to specialize further, the bonus is universally good but you can get better niche bonuses with certain sets.
It's really nice for GL though because you can do full bursts/wyrmstakes/wyvernfires all you want without obliterating your sharpness.

>there are people that STILL haven’t unlocked the Ancient Forest Camp
Why!? You’re making the hunt way longer than it needs to be!

Why don't you complete the week's limited bounties?

Finishing all 3 will net you a Gold Wyverian ticket that can be exchanged for a Rathalos Ruby. They're piss easy to do.

>tryhard faggot anons rushed the game
>now they are whiny as fuck that "there's nothing to do"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anything sharpness because charging is fun

strong independant jawline

Question: Why do I some times jsut get dumped in a random location when I join an SOS? Even if I select a camp?

because speed sharpening is mediocre and pretty much a waste endgame and the miniscule affinity bonsues from critical eye are dogshit compared to just having WE and attack boost

not to mention the set bonuses are pretty trash, not many weapons will make much use of the draw attacks the only notable bonus being the not losing sharpness for a bit but thats really down to what weapon youre using

You want the final hit of the charge to hit the head first, but yes.

You just want to craft one weapon and be done with it or you hate clown suits and you still want to have a decent weapon
>Nerg GS

You understand how skills work and you're willing to make a mixed set that includes Handicraft
>Vaal GS

You're an autistic minmax lord with a treasure trove of rare & overpowered decorations
>Jagras GS

Is this basically accurate?

It's a leftover feature from old Monster Hunter games where High Rank/G-Rank you had the chance of not arriving at camp.
Since this game has fast travel it's kinda dumb.

she looks sick or like she's been crying

why did you make her cry user

Well maybe it’s just me. I’ve never really cared much for clownsuiting and it seems like HR Odo set works great for GS

this literally just gets you killed unless you're fighting against slow as fuck weak ass monsters who just stand there

even if I don't have the ruby in my melding menu?

It's a 'feature' of HR. Sometimes you get dropped on a random map location to fend for yourself
You can just open your map and fast travel to a camp so it's pointless.

I've been trying to diversify my weapon styles by using 3 different weapons and keeping them upgraded, but i'm getting a big messed up.

What are the...most prominent/common weaknesses in the large monsters? Like if I'm only going to use 3 weapons, what 3 damage types should I be aiming for?

P.S i'm using switch axe, longsword and gunlance if that matters.

its great when you get dumped on a monster assuming youd have time to eat at camp

I made her look in a mirror

Having infinite sharpness is good for just about anything.
Thunder/Fire/Dragon probably covers the most 3 star weaknesses.
Blast/Poison/Para are always good depending on weapon.

>going back to LR and beating the shit out of anjanath within 5 minutes for shits and giggles

crazy that he gave me such a hard time the first round

If you are a minmaxer you probably aren't playing gs

Well yeah i'm not gonna wake it with a weak ass swipe obviously

>when the beat drops

ive done this for everything up to kushala/vaal and ive had zero issues with this strategy getting like 10~ min runs with my shit gear since im not keeping CB as upgraded as my mains

Have you looked under the 'meld items' option and in the 'materials' tab to see if you can exchange it?
If not, I guess you got to keep on with the story assignments.

Good luck in your ruby farming, user. May it not go over 23 monsters killed like it was for me to get a Daora Gem.

>dual Tempered Bazelgues quest
>never fought a Tempered, know how tough Bazel are
>decide to use SOS Flare at the start
>start hunting, no one shows up
>cap the first Bazel
>fuck it, cancel Flare
>cap the second

Wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it was gonna be.

>people unironically play with left handed weapons in this game

seriously wtf

Multi-monster hunts have less health which helps.
Also the two bazel will kick the shit out of each other if you let them.

>tfw still haven't killed Negrigante

Finished up all previous RED COMPLETES up to 7* and been hunting bugs/fishing.

Kinda worried that after Negrigante there won't be a story for me to do.

What is the 'Settlers of Catan' of weapons, /mhg/? I think it's the Insect Glaive.

I play SnS/LS/DB about equally which one should I make a nerg weapon for first, im completely unsure about which would utilize dragon better

>Settlers of Catan
The what?

this is fucking bullshit fuck off

What's a good starting set for the Lance? I'm not feeling the SA so far and I wanted to try something different but I don't know where to start. I need at least 3 points in Guard, right?

Confirmed

You don't make Nergigante weapons for Dragon Element anyway.
You can get 3 guard in a talisman, I like kushala's set mixed in with weakness exploiter. Evade Distance/Window is extremely helpful.

>He doesn't know Catan.

It's like Monopoly, but fun.

how? you can stagger and KO them incredibly easy with CB, the only difference with faster monsters is it takes longer to get to SAED since I need to dodge/guard

I can easily slay a Bazel in less than 15 min with my current equipment (pls no bully), but I find it irritating how ALL monsters seem to have their health adjusted to 4 players, even when you're only playing with another one.

I still haven't gotten a tempered monster quest though.

Hardmode self challenge: every time you cart on any monster; browse reddits monsterhunter sub.

9th layer difficulty: earnestly contribute to a mastubatory post on leddits monsterhunter sub.

Thank you, I can do that no problem! Been trying to decide which weapon to make that dragon weapon with. I'll do it with SA since I already have a fire GL and the Anja set seems to synergize with that.

user I'm still in 6* and making armor and gear. I've done all optional quests. Whenever something new pops up, I do it. I even have done all arena quests. I capture every monster so I unlock the Special Arena quests, then I do those too. I run multiple expeditions just to solo hunt Diablos and Rathalos and Odogaron, I've also completed numerous Investigations to get a lot of zenny and parts.

Basically I'm making a lot of weapons and armor sets purely for collection and fun. I even do gathering runs to unlock the secrets.

are the ice/blast db's any good?
less raw and sharpness than nerg but 240 blast and ice

The problem is that it does everything and it excels at every single thing, that's also why it's Japan's favorite. A jack of all trades shouldn't be like this, it needs some kind of tweak.

Whats the new quest other than deviljho they're working on? I didn't get the hint if there were was in yhe article.

>mastubatory post on leddits monsterhunter sub.
I know that you're making it up but at the same time I fear that you aren't.

ice sucks

i live for the "i love this game" "i hate mtx!" "DAE skip work/school for this game" "happy hunting y'all" "PSA: r1 sheathes weapon"
it invigorates me

JUST 4 new monsters, Jho, Oroshi, Luna and Allah
OH NO NO NO NO
CRINGE YOURSELF

Same here man I have all red completes so I've done every possible optional quest. im having a blast just worried that after negrigante there isn't much left

>Let me compare this to Destiny 2 for some reason
>WEAPON GUIDE
>Meme cutesy names for every monster
>Guys this makes me love video games again