/drg/ - Danganronpa General

Previous thread Batoru shioze!

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>Danganronpa News Updated 11/15/17
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC Spike Chunsoft opens North American publishing branch

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide *MUST READ IF YOU ARE NEW*
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - In-depth gameplay mechanics and information
pastebin.com/M1sg5ftn - Danganronpa V3 Bonus Mode starting guide
Modding guides: docs.google.com/document/d/1J1kzVZus2k1ci8uiNUYuyXfHuGfnoDHELQ9httsdCMw/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1LDc2DG46Jzs7oyp8vnzDonuqMtLetew6T5TqIZVoVgM/edit

>Danganronpa 1&2
store.steampowered.com/bundle/361/Danganronpa_1__2/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-1•2-reload/cid=UP1063-CUSA06808_00-DANGANRONPARLDUS

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls:
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-another-episode-ultra-despair-girls/cid=UP1063-CUSA07293_00-ZETTAIZETUBOUPS4

>Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony:
store.steampowered.com/app/567640/Danganronpa_V3_Killing_Harmony/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-v3-killing-harmony/cid=UP1063-CUSA08537_00-DANGANV3PS400000

>Danganronpa Interviews and Articles Updated 28/12/2017
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>Download pastebin *contains DOWNLOADS "wink", art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

>Danganronpa fan works pastebin *contains links to fanart, fan-fiction, and dr-related artists*
pastebin.com/DkRdiShK

>Winter Danganronpa:
docs.google.com/document/d/1lwq5uisL7AlEGiQIvn84Hf4KuEm5nlbhjRyJ-XE3M54/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/onon0122/status/960878050786209792
reddit.com/r/danganronpa/comments/7viwxy/unpopular_opinions/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I love Junko!

I love my beautiful wife Maki so much!

I love my wife!

Cute OP

I love Kirumi!

Shirogane.

Moetician!

nyamami

Angie and her beloved Kirumiiiiin!

Ibuki!

I hate niggers

Sonia loves despair and I love Sonia!!!

twitter.com/onon0122/status/960878050786209792
Creepy artstyle!!

Oumaede!

Akane's smelly armpits!

Oh geez. That's lewd...

Fujo: A girl who obsesses solely over gay pairings to the point of unhealthiness and social dysfunction. Often homophobic to real gay people. Tears down people who like straight pairings and unfairly criticizes/bashes girls that "get in the way" of gay pairings.
Not a fujo: Someone who likes a gay pairing.
/drg/'s fujo: girl

Yup, that hair looks so much better than the overly pointy one. He's both cool and cute!

I love Nagito!

How can Kirishit even compete?

If she breathe, she a fujo

Explanation of view on Fujos:

I really first developed this opinion when I got into Jojo. There's something inherently wrong with forcing sexuality onto two characters that share some kind of bond.

Jojo in particular, like FotNS, is about fraternity and bonds through combat and struggle. Making it into some kind of playing field for someone's sexual fantasy is absolutely unacceptable.

It's one thing when the characters actually do something that legitimizes the pairing, like when Araki makes a gay joke with Abdul and Joseph being mistaken for lewd men in the streets when they're under a stand attack, but it's another to just start making art of these friends fucking each other and turning their bond into something totally different.

Extending into Danganronpa as well, pushing Ishimondo as a gay ship continues in that direction. It is a horrible bastardization of the bond between sworn brothers, and doing so is insulting.

If you want to ship men together, do it with characters like Juzo in the context of his love for Munakata. A legitimate homosexual relationship isn't something to be toyed with for the sake of someone's musings.

If you really need your ships, go study the Theban Sacred Band. There you'll find 150 couples composed of men who swore their lives to each other and also shared in romantic relationships as the basis for their bond.

This all is coming from a guy who makes Gachimuchi videos, so I hope you can understand where I'm coming from. I clearly draw a line where the implied sexuality crosses from fiction to reality.

I generally reject shipping regardless, but fujos in particular really bother me because they use homosexuality as a plaything.

>Nidaifag, do you have any tips how to widen your vocal range?
Learn how to sing. That will open up your range dramatically.

I'll give you something even lewder.

You lewd fucker

Is this a tumblr post?

You really take this way too seriously than you should. There is no difference when it comes to friendship between straight characters that people can't resist shipping, you know.

>Nidaifag
>Thinks Fujos are a problem
>Is a Jobro
>Makes Gachi videos
>All around bro
Who is the best poster on /drg/ and why is it Nidaifag?

Worst girl per game
Kyoko
Ibuki
Himiko

Best girl per game
Aoi
Mahiru
Miu

Shirogane Smoogie!

obvious question but
if your dangan was a gym leader what would be their team/type?

Twitter fujos actually tear you down if you're homo/trans/flavor of the month phobic though.

He has a terrible ego, is a hypocrite, cheats at cons, and this is just an opinion, but >jojo

Worst girl per game
Kyouko
Sonia
Kirumi

Best girl per game
Touko
Ibuki
Tenko

I get what you're trying to say, but really, calling a homosexual relationship a "horrible bastardization of the bond between sworn brothers" just sounds homophobic.

Someone interpreting a close bond between characters as romantic doesn't affect the relationship as it is in canon. A gay interpretation doesn't dirty the canon relationship. You're taking this too seriously.

悪の総統!

Nidaibro is the best.

Dragon probably

That's Nidaifag for you. The same guy that makes a shitposting channel on his server and then complains when people shitpost in it

No reason other than her hair colour.
Fire types

Yeah, they're fujos. They're being shitty people that should be criticized.
The point is liking a gay pairing =/= all that shit.

Kyoko
6 garbodor

H*ck off

Fairy, maybe Ghost.

Twitter /u/fags are worse though.

>No Krookodile or Blacephalon
DROPPED

Fudanshi > Fujoshi

I don't see why fantasizing about two friends becoming a couple is insulting to friendship. A healthy romantic relationship has a basis in friendship, you know.

Re: Ishimondo, there are literally gay jokes about them in canon. When Ishimaru defends Mondo at the trial, the other characters wonder if he swings that way. There's also tons of shippy official art of them. The canon itself panders to shippers.

Homosexuality doesn't need to be taken any more seriously than heterosexuality. Saying fujos use homosexuality like a plaything is just as stupid as saying Saihara x Kaede shippers use heterosexuality as plaything and Tenko x Himiko shippers use lesbianism as a plaything. Shipping is supposed to be for fun, and fictional friendships aren't sacred. Fujos are also a HUGE audience in Japan who have consistently been shown to spend more money than other demographics, just look at Yuri on Ice and Free. Japanese creators are very much aware of the fujo audience, so chances are, they're not offended by people shipping the male characters. They often keep fujos in mind when they're working on their series, even if it's a shounen jump title aimed at guys.

I love Sayaka!

no lmao

This

They're ships, not forced canon. It's even more offensive to ship Munakata and Juuzo when it's clearly stated that only one of them is gay and it's absolutely one-sided, you're saying that all of Juuzo's problems are whatever and he should just get over it and make Munakata gay or something. Mondo and Ishimaru don't seem to have any issue with being physically close and it's never said that they're disgusted with the idea of sucking a dick.

i really like Ibuki

Mioda!

>mentally healthy
>stable job and all-but-guaranteed upward career mobilities
>reasonable amount of social interaction
>still a mugifag
why am i like this

Completely understandable! Have a nice day!

>shipping characters, not pretending like it's canon or anything: acceptable
>implying your ship is canon despite it being one sided (Hajime x Nagito, Saihara x Ouma): bad

Because you love Mugi? Nothing else matters in being a Mugifag.

Unless you're just a shitposter falseflagging and calling Mugifags unhealthy.

She looks really cute here.

She's dogshit lmao

Different strokes for different folks. I don't personally see fujos as being any different from guys who read hentai doujins. Both see it as a fun thing to do with their favourite characters and neither is actually taking it all that seriously.

>Both see it as a fun thing to do with their favourite characters
I don't think that's why people read hentai doujins

It's certain kind of fun.

Me too!

I want Mondo's belt. No homo.

The amount of fujos who are shipping real guys together and spreading the idea that all (real) male friendship is actually romance is pretty proportionally small.

I'm talking about anime fandom fujos, of course. K-pop/boyband fans are another monster.

It's evident I can't explain why I have a problem with Fujoshi or anything else that requires an opinion without people making stretches out of what I said to imply I'm saying something else.

I'll explain this one last time. As I stated in the last post, I reject ships in general. On top of that I don't like people using homosexuality as a thing to play with because unlike heterosexual relationships which are normalized by societal standards, many gay people still struggle to find legitimacy or come out with their orientation. Fujoshi don't normalize it. They fetishize it.

I think it's evident there's a difference between a person who likes a pairing and a fujoshi, so let's clarify that I'm specifically focusing on the fujoshi and not every single person.

If I'm taking it too seriously, ask yourself why you spend however many hours of your life on /drg/ discussing a fictional series.

reddit.com/r/danganronpa/comments/7viwxy/unpopular_opinions/

A reminder that Kyoko is the best girl

Fuck off.

So do I!

I was honestly surprised when I decided to stroll through and I saw people writing smut and shipping guys (who run a gaming channel) together like one of their precious yaoi couples. It was kind of a surreal moment for me.

You're right tbqh. Fujoshits are the worst kind of cancer. They will ignore established canon for their ridiculous pairings simply because they want to see dicks touch.

Fanfiction about real people always creeps me out.

*Scrolling through the Finnish tag in AO3, god.

>filename

>same height
Reminder that the dangans sharing the same height are friends.

>On top of that I don't like people using homosexuality as a thing to play with because unlike heterosexual relationships which are normalized by societal standards, many gay people still struggle to find legitimacy or come out with their orientation.
Fujos who extrapolate their interests to real people are part of the problem, sure, but the main reason why gay people struggle to find legitimacy isn't because of them. There's a bigger problem in play but getting into that will really start a big fight.

And honestly, a lot of "fujo"s are on the LGBT spectrum (in the western fandom, dunno about the japanese one), so I think people shipping pairings that reflect their experiences, even if they don't quite match their gender/orientation, isn't harmful to other LGBT people. This argument feels faulty.

I mean yeah, I can understand the Jojo part since the Jojo's fandom is full of shit

Bitch

Even worse if it's self-insert stuff.

Best ship

I definitely do not think that this is the main cause. I just also do not think it helps. Some might argue it does normalize it but for me I feel it diminishes the meaning of those who legitimately feel this way. Mind you, these are all fictional characters in the original context.

As a whole I just really find Fujofagging to be unacceptable, but I took greatest issue with it in Jojo, not in Danganronpa.

W-what did she mean by that?

The bestest!

>posting Amami with sluts instead of his canon BF

ZEUSSUD

>not Weedman x Ouma

There really isn't another character in the cast that Amami would find such common ground with. I like their friendship.

She wants Amami to bring black guys as a souvenir for her.

ZEUSSUD

Amaonia >>> Amakuro

Amaguji is the thinking man's ship.

>Not Weedman x Togami, Souda x nagito and kaito x ouma

She wants him to bring her food so she'd be wined and dined for some adventurer dick

I'll just have to disagree with you. So long as it isn't being extrapolated to real male friendships (because that's wrong and a violation of privacy), interpreting a close fictional male relationship as a romantic one doesn't feel harmful to me. It's done all the time for heterosexual couples who, on paper, only have a close friendship and that isn't seen as violating the sanctity of their relationship. I don't see the difference. You'd have to ask (other) LGBT people, but I think the general consensus is that you can definitely tell a difference between fetishization and actual relationship exploration. Veeky Forums probably hates the phrase "representation matters", but I've had plenty of LGBT friends come to accept their sexuality because they found non-heterosexual fanfiction that reflected their experiences.

If you dislike shipping in general that's perfectly fine, but people use fiction as a way to explore their feelings and have done so for a pretty long time.

>princess falls for adventurer
typical.... poor souda tho

Slut.