/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP (embed)

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, Frontier, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Old:

Reminder to enable Manual Accept in SOS so you don't have to deal with awful Japanese players.

OH NO NO NO NO

Dure for world DLC!

xth for the Armor Scaling is an abomination in MHW

Is it just going to be jho being released with this new free DLC?

gameplay is more important than story

>Wyrmstake does status ticks.
hold on this changes everything, is this really the case?

You also have to lose control of your c haracter to do it, and I've never once had someone show up from an SOS flare before Iw as already in a fight, so that seems like a horrible idea.

Better Idea is to just set it to 2 people max, so you have 4 effective players. The felynes never fuck shit up.

dual blade is the best melee in the game

Where is the Bazel hate squad. What even triggers him to follow and bother you everywhere you go?

Does jump master affect IG?
As in the jumping spinning shit

Oroshi Kirin release when

Stygian zinogre when

Monster roars

so i just test out the melding decoration with the streamstone and try to scumsaving with upload / download save

and after 3 tries, i got the same exact decorations in the output. so i think they put it some sort of mechanism to lock down the result before you even meld, it is not random every time at all

tl;dr : you can't save scumming deco melding

user who was complaining about Vaal Hazak's fangs never dropping.
Can I angrypost with you?

it's seeded, so duh. Same way bounties are seeded, tailraider results are seeded. It's determined after a quest (or several quests, whatever) not on load in.

Probably seeded. Have you tried running a quest between attempts to shift seeds?

>up to my fucking eyes in tempered vaal expeditions , fangs and gems
I JUST WANT OUT
I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS

Give me some ideas for my HBG set. The one Im running with now isn't too optimilized. I have the eyepatch which is gemmed with WE, making it WE+3. Im working on my ammoUp charm, is it fine just to boost dmgUp (which i have now) and challenger, or whatever its called in World.

I am tempted to get some more evade in, as having x3 reload mods such a life improver. Shield feels mandatory for certain monsters though.
I'd love to hear what you people are using.

Fangs don't drop on FUCKING GENERAL

I want gems, will hand over fangs

What's the best weapon class/tree for blast damage?

So is the commission research set any good? The guaranteed one extra carve on every monster feels pretty good, plus it has amazing defense, but lackluster skills

>Just decided I wanted to farm his set
What am I in for?

I want vaal expeditions, all I got is dumb horse expeditions

I was arguing with a friend on LBG sets.
He says that having 3 pieces of xeno and gemming in WE is the best set.
I did some testing and the "old meta" set with with Weakness exploit and ATK up 7 plus damage skills. Tested on Bazel's weakspot.
With xeno set each of my slicing shot was doing 9-10X number of ticks. With the attack up set I was doing 15-16X.
Imo, everything dies within 90 slicing s shots anyway. And having 90 shots at 16 damage is far better than having 110-ish (depending on xeno's ability proc) but at 9 damage.
Who was right?

20 runs

Let me rage too.

Why do Lasagna claws have such an obviously false common drop rate? I get plates like every fucking hunt yet get claws every other hunt. Something is up with drop rates. The desire sensor is working fucking overtime.

Mega barrel bombs are becoming a must. I've yet to see any monster survive all 8.

What's the best armour set for an end-game Hammer user? I can't make my mind up lads.

When DLC

>skill that says that it makes mounting faster and easier
>no change, neither any faster or easier

>skill grants 1 more loot per loot
>still only get 1

>3/3 skill makes me immune to stuns
>every single stun still lasts 10 seconds
?????

IG with blast boost kinsect, as long as you have the little nigger constantly smacking the monsters face you leave several blast clouds ready to pop off with the airdash attack. I use that attack because it has a wide range and can connect to all the clouds around the monster. This allows you to down the Kushala twice in like 30 seconds. I have a clip of me doing it but im twerking atm

considering japs were only ones in tempered elders thats a no from me dog

What skills are must have for bow? i'm guessing Focus, WE and Normal shots, what else?

Is there any way to boost the amount of decoration rewards you get per hunt?

How do you unlock the Xenjoiiva optional quest?

I've already got the Tempered Kirin urgent quest and I don't have any of the ordinary Elder Dragon optionals aside from the Elder's Recess versions..

Which 3 weapons are in the lowest tier?

Anyone still not got their commemorative gift?

Fresh into HR finally, what set is recommended for bows? Bonus points for a set that can also be used with IG since that's my go-to melee choice. Kula set looks good and easy to get so I'll be working on that until I unlock the other sets.

LBG, LS, and DB

Is there any reason to do the other tempered elders if val hazaak is my stable run? Predictable weak noodle arms dragon who expects the effluvium to do half his work

me. i check everyday, haven't received it yet despite getting the message everyday

Light bowgun, Lance, Hunting Horn

anyone?

Me because I don't have the game yet ;_;

lowest in power?
hunhorn sns bow. They're all usable with proper skill but out the gate they're super bad.

Where can I go to get Bazelgeuse tracks?

It's like Zorah Magdaros. It just shows up periodically. You can join SOS for it though.

Hunting horn, SnS, insect glaive.

hey guys lets take the lance slap a gun onto it and give it a more damaging melee moveset

Same here, it's annoying since we're like halfway through the timeframe for it

for the purpose of normal shots, does close range coating on arrows count? Or is it strictly non coated shots.

Go to an expedition where he's already spawned. You'll find them around. He still wanders around like any other monster when he isn't bombing.

What does the poison functionality gem even do

Isn't regular lance still better?

The trade off for having less precision and no counter

Activate your almonds

it's available till the 15th, and they're rolling it out over time, according to the pr rep, so there's a chance you won't get it until the 14th.

>using counter

But also take away the ability to charge so gap closing is a pain.

Jho and Bazel better have an official turf war.

I don't have enough brainlet wojacks for this post

thanks dude

Dude have you even tried any other weapon

What even is it? Some potions and cool drinks or something stupid like that?

Let's bows use poison coating that normally can't.

>Keep getting beat by Black Diablos
>Get a full set of Nerg gear
>Can't one shot me anymore
>Fight becomes easy mode
>Skill?

Really makes you think

10 mega potions, 10 of those adamant seed dust pouches, 10 of the might seed dust pouches, 10 of the healing dust pouches, and a steel egg. You don't get a special notification, you will have just gotten it throw in your box on login.

killscreen general

>using GL for a bit
>having fun shootan and blowing stuff up
>find out optimal dps is not using gun part
>shaves minutes off my times
wew game design

Oh, it's fucking nothing.

The research base song is so fucking good, like nobou tier good

So how does nergigante work exactly? I get that when his thorns are white they're weak, but can you break the black ones? They just seem to randomly change if I avoid attacking him long enough, which I usually do.

How are you giving up so much damage on the xeno set? I have 3 piece and I still have atk up 7, WE3, and 2 crit boosts.

Also you are testing with a honed gulgoleth right?

Fuck, Diablos and his mean black wife just completely fucked me. Last time I use a bow against him, his charge 100-0ed me.
Back to Swaxe all the way.

Is Pukei's bigger poison and 2/1 slots on SnS worth 10 less raw and affinity but only one 1 slot compared to Rathian's?

>Killed DB in 10mins using bow first time

I've been using it for a while and the only combo I've found worth it is the Slam>Full burst combo

Marathon runner to get more use out of your stamina bar since dash juice doesn't give you infinite stamina anymore.

>1920x1079

Wether or not someone else cheats in max items in Monster Hunter World doesn't affect me. This isn't a competition. It's okay to want to skip the grind and get straight to the action if you want.

The only reason i don't cheat myself (other than the cost) is because I enjoy the grind. The reward isn't the item, parts, or even the new weapon itself, its the fun of working for it.

I think only Dragon element damage can break the black spikes. Also, the spikes will gradually blacked over time, broken or not. Each break makes the next set a little tough. When they all go black, he divebombs and resets his spikes. You need to be aggressive and keep breaking the spikes so he doesn't spam his divebomb too much.

What's the best way to upload ps4 pix to pc?
I'm new with this console.

What horn is better, dodogama for attack xl def xl windproof, or nergigante for earplugs and affinity up health rec

Normal shots is crap, DP spam > everything on any target where you can get 6+ hits per cast. Pierce up + special ammo for +30% damage is insane

Teostra's tail looks way too much like a shrimp

> peacefully farming hornetaurs by hitting them with my capture net until they die
> Bazel comes
> rips them apart
>:((

Usb storage. If you've got one.

>not fap for a week
>every female armor looks cool or sexy
>fap
>nothing looks good anymore

Mmmmm?????

Is there anything special I can't get when capturing HR monsters? Like gems or something?

I can do him on his own with bow in 14 minutes, but I tried to run the double investigation with a friend and carted three times to his charge, felt like a complete shitter

yes

How do you have WE3 and atk7? Decos?

And I honed it for attack (I think Its the right honing right?)

Wrong. The grind is the action, if you just skip ahead to max gear what's the point in even playing the game. The drive for weapons and shit is suppose to be what keeps you hunting monsters.

Does monster size change anything else about the monster? Damage, HP, Carves, etc?