Not getting +8000% profit per item?

not getting +8000% profit per item?

no worries bro, just buy on Aliexpress and sell on Etsy, that's it!

pic very related.

now go make some millions and don't forget to hire some suckers to do this shit you.

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/terms/a/anchoring.asp
etsy.me/2ptA956
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Won't people realize it's coming from China? People used to do this with vape shit all the time.

What?

they obviously dont drop ship it rofl

It's not that obvious. Especially since everyone else talks about drop shipping here

All fun and games until someone makes a lawsuit against you. You can then decide to pay the huge fine and go out of business (with your name blacklisted), or you can try to fight it in court and spend $50K on lawyers each month before the trial.

> lawsuit against you

Huh? For what? Are you assuming chinks infringed someone's copyright?

get a load of this guy.

Copyright would be the least of your concern. Not sure what country you're from, but in the EU you can be sure that if it's found out that a company defrauds customers and uses false marketing, there will be a huge fine and perhaps even prison time. Europol and Interpol will make sure you can't hide from that.
On AliExpress it says the necklace is made of nickel, which can cause strong allergic reactions on skin contact, and by hiding this information, you're risking the public health.

But please, go ahead :)

you're a huge faggot

Forgive me padre for these gain$ I am about to receive.

Thanks OP, I will personally make sure to outsource every feminatzi on Etsy and offer lowest prices ;)

Anchoring explained for noobs. Pay up 360 reviews. Sell item for 0.36. Some hopeful ends up having it all. Make money. Hopeful goes to sell it for 34 bucks and happens to sell two or three. Rince and repeat.

Get out of your mom's basement and fuck me in my hairy, truthful ass then.

Are you really that fucking dumb? This is not /b/, we can literally see that you're samefagging, OP.

And you ain't making shit from your mom's basement.

Fuck off eurocuck.

Europe is dead

Butthurt Trumpster I see. How does it feel that the US is in debt and on its knees for China? No wall will save you from that.

i couldn't resist tho, you can buy whatever necklace and sell it higher on etsy.

"IT KEEPS ON GIVING!!!!!" I CANT BELIEVE THIS GUY @Veeky Forums "WORK AT HOME METHOD MAKES ME $43,738 A WEEK"

Sure you can. That's not illegal. Amazon works that way too.
What is illegal is false marketing, saying it's made for order, that it contains sterling silver instead of nickel etc. And most people will get caught doing it.

you could also not lie mmmmmkay?

>implying China can collect the debt

Enjoy your trucks of peace

>for China?
try israel, faget
also, good job op
making that money

You do know that the US buys its own debt right? Fucking idiot

>TFW fell for dropshipping meme
>www.fatale.store
>Target women in 20s because they spend the most money online
>Sell jewelry from China
>Sell things and talk about how this stone activates this chakra or that chakra
>Appeal to emotion and talk about how I will donate 10% of profits to World Wildlife Fund
>Drop down money for SSL certificate and website security
>Make IG and post products there
>$200 and many hours later still no profit

Fuck this bullshit I'm just gonna study my accounting material. Don't fall for the dropship meme guys.

My fucking face when.

Fuck off with posting this shit

>www.fatale.store
t-this is a joke right

>this chakra or that chakra
>profits to World Wildlife Fund
>money for SSL certificate
>Make IG and post products
you made a lot of simple mistakes
this is where successful people learn and adjust
but yeah, maybe you were meant to be a wagie

>competing in an absolutely oversaturated market (jewelry)
>not having a dot com name
>probably advertising wrong
>having a horrifically shitty looking site

You're an idiot.

It's a woocommerce site so I can't do much without paying an arm and a leg to customize the site. How should I change the site and market it?

Do you know how to code? Its just wordpress, get to writing some CSS and make it look like you didnt spend 20 minutes on the whole thing

Also forget about the SSL. Use paypal merchant services and its all done on paypal site. You have to pay merchant services fees one way or the other, might as well get some extra features. Also, they have a great capital lending program if you start making sales.

tbf faget, you got pretty far. i have no idea what made you spend $200 on ssl, but whatever.
now you just gotta keep working at it.
take that retarded tiger off the page and get rid of stupid shit like 10% goes to niggers or whatever
make the site more appealing to women, honestly you're about halfway there. you should be happy
the name, url etc are all shit, change it
look at succesful websites in your market and copy what they do
once you get that far, find something that sets you apart from your competition
post results back here and get another beating from your bros

in otherwords if you give up now youre a fucking poof (pic related its you)

good luck user, im rooting for you

I'm at work right now and I'll do that when I get home. Everything is from AliExpress though so how do I get over the 70 day shipping times?

i mean you could just invest $1 or less and resell for $5 burgerdollars, might just pull it off, can't guarantee anything tho.

reach out to the manufacturer or seller and buy more than one at a time and then either fulfill yourself, or use a fulfillment system. That is more of import arbitrage at that point than drop shipping, but it gets around the shipping time, and you can also wholesale some to your country to pad the numbers. I did it with vape stuff a few years back and it was an easy 30k in profit over a year.

kill yourself faggot frog fuck

100% sure you're German.

what the hell is drop shipping?

Setting up a website and shipping stuff straight from China to the customers

What if you tell the truth about the metal it's made from. It is handmade just not by me and not in the US.
It's all good friendo relax

Why don't these merchants from alibaba sell all their shit themselves? Who's going to under duck them when they already are the cheapest suppliers? Are Chinese brains just limited to rote thinking?

>anchoring
investopedia.com/terms/a/anchoring.asp

I don't get it. How is this anchoring.

>Pay up 360 reviews.

What's that mean?

I'm new here.

>fatale.store

Maybe if your site didn't look like a fucking blog, then maybe you would be able to sell something.

Fun fact: Considering the reviews aren't botted or paid-for, the usual "advanced participation rate" such as giving feedback, rating an item, sharing it on social media, liking it, etc - is usually about 2-3% for 90% of the software you can think of. It somehow manages to be consistent around 2% for pretty much everything - amazon, youtube comments/likes, social media button clicks, etc.

So considering that, 2-3% of the total purchases would be "advanced participation" into the item via rating, which means that the actual purchases are about 50 times more than the review count, or 25k with a margin of error about +/- 2k. Now that it's obvious that 25k didn't buy this shit we can then reach the conclusion that the reviews of this pic are faked.

Do you have your Chinamen write your address on the return address? What's even left to shill on etsy?

There's some chrome extension that automates everything.

I'm trying my best man. What to change? I'm on woocommerce and it won't let me customize much. I'm using the Storefront theme.

What's wrong with marketing on IG?

Genuinely curious, this is what I plan on doing

They deal in volume.. same reason an international drug dealer couldn't be fucked to stand on the corner selling smaller amounts. Sure in theory you will make more money per sale but all the extra legwork makes it hardly worth it after a certain point

just do it on ebay and amazon until you get a feel for the business

Advertising, dropshipping sounds easy but the truth is that you need to get customers who don't know the cost of the good buying the good at your shop for your margins.
If you don't have the traffic then you're fucked. It's not the business the alibaba types are in, they are the ones selling the products to sell so that when you have 300 necklaces that you can't sell for 800%+ profit they still have your money.

What to change? No clue. Look at another online store and just copy their layout. It's what the chinks do.

aliexpress literally takes a month to get to you

it could be a great idea if
>you don't mind building slowly over time
>you know tricks on how to grow rapidly
>you already have a huge, loyal fanbase
>you can get your product on an IG celeb
otherwise there are better ways to spend your time.

that said, if my product had a high enough profit margin I'd consider advertising on IG.

More. I ordered glasses on March 5 and still waiting. 5 bucks but so not worth the wait.

That's okay. Don't dropship it.

>Buy 20 necklaces for $20

>Wait a month

>Resell on Amazon or Etsy for $20.

>Since its on Amazon and Etsy there is little need to advertise.

OP. Tell us when you update your website layout.I'm interested to see.

>Drop down money for SSL certificate and website security

SSL certificates are free now you stupid nigger

>selling shitty products at a huge mark-up is fraud
Are you retarded pal

>much nickel
Just say "contains nickel"

>much nickel
Goddamn phone posting. I meant "muh nickel."

from that screenshot the site looks extremely empty or even still under construction, needs more life. the flat colour scheme is also meh.

Reddit tier

>doesn't know how to sell online
>doesn't sell online
>"selling online is retarded guise "

assholes like you are the ones who shit up Etsy

you can make $$$ just by thrifting if you're such a jew.

t. have my own Etsy store from thrift and have made back most of my starting investment of $150

BTFO

Keep in mind this is with just 10 sales out of the 200 or so items I found

what website?

>tfw let's encrypt the web

>Europe

holy fuck you guys are nothing like your warrior ancestors.

Shame.

I think not having a .com is what killed the idea.

Image is everything.

Newbie, anchoring: My friend, this belt costs 25 dollars but just for you I sell it for 20. Or. Would you buy a good that costs 10 dollars or a good that was 10 dollars but now its 7.99? Psychological trick.

Now what happens here is following. Have a cheap MC=marginal cost product. Want to sell it? Make a sale offer on another website. Hire two guys in asia for few bucks, normally students. They will do review of the offer or offers as so they bought it. They do it all year around with different fake reviews for many products.

Now fastforward: OP sees both products. Thinks he gonna make 8000% profit. Buys a bundle of cheap ones. Sells only few. They guy who had his product cheap geta cash and is never seen again. Rinse and repeat. The target here is not customer but profit fagg aka easylifedumblife.jpg kind of people. If some customer wishes to buy that for the price it will do but this works mainly for dumping it through 8000% profit seekers.
>Because such a bargain cant possibly be lost.
Aint it newbie?

Only if you're a pleb and don't order enough to get DHL shipping

What are you fags currently doing to advertise your stores?

I don't mind shelling out a couple hundred bucks on advertisements but i want to know what's had the best results

>implications that its not hand made by chink orphans
there is no crime here, just muh feelings

how long is too long when it comes to dropshipping? it literally takes 2-5 months for products to ship from china to canada

Someone didn't pass their english class...

Newbie, anchoring: My friend, this belt costs 25 dollars but just for you I sell it for 20. Or. Would you buy a good that costs 10 dollars or a good that was 10 dollars but now its 7.99? Psychological trick.

Now what happens here is following. Have a cheap MC=marginal cost product. Want to sell it? Make a sale offer on another website. Hire two guys in asia for few bucks, normally students. They will do review of the offer or offers as so they bought it. They do it all year around with different fake reviews for many products.

Now fastforward: OP sees both products. Thinks he gonna make 8000% profit. Buys a bundle of cheap ones. Sells only few. They guy who had his product cheap geta cash and is never seen again. Rinse and repeat. The target here is not customer but profit fagg aka easylifedumblife.jpg kind of people. If some customer wishes to buy that for the price it will do but this works mainly for dumping it through 8000% profit seekers.
>Because such a bargain cant possibly be lost.
Aint it newbie?

actually a really good idea honestly

>stupidy
LUL

Explain?

(1/2)

>Step 1: be good at finding cool vintage items or ironic/wacky thrift finds
I've thrifted for 10 years so I'm pretty good at it. You can legit find cool stuff without hocking cheapass shit. At the very least you can find stuff like D.A.R.E. shirts that hipsters will buy or shirts that have nostalgia/irony value like pic related.
>Step 2: get these items as cheaply as you can. This means a lot of legwork. Funny enough, thrifting is usually cheaper than trying to find cheap clothing
I worked at Salvation Army for half a summer, which meant that I could exploit when things were on sale and set aside clothing for later. That meant that on average, I bought a tshirt for 50 cents (The most I spent on anything was $10, but I did so buying a Harley-Davidson motorcycle jacket.) With what I had already, I spent $150 that summer.
With a thrift/vintage store, you need to find somewhere where they don't price accurately if you want to avoid breaking the bank on starting capital. So avoid Goodwill/Plato's Closet/consignment in favor of local thrift stores/charity shops. It will take time to find good stuff, and the more there is and the cheaper the better.
>Step 3: make a vintage store and sell items comparable to retail price but still with comparatively astronomical markup
Those 50 cent shirts? I'm selling those for $10 at least. Research what you buy, though. You can certainly get away with more if you find some diamonds in the rough.
Just DON'T try and ask for more than a reasonable retail price or nobody will buy your shit if there's nothing special about it. If you spent too much money on it then you were doing it wrong. You're aiming for consumer-friendly prices that still turn a profit.

you need to buy & ship them yourself. people aren't going to wait a couple of weeks let alone months

(2/2)

>Step 4: do low-key social media stuff to spread word about it, possibly including the (legitimate) benefits of reselling/recycling that are hipster-friendly. Come up with a catchy name and some kind of logo
At least try to be sincere about it. If you don't want to be sincere be careless on purpose and spout normie memes. If you're stumped on how to market yourself just click around and look at examples. Don't try to bullshit if you don't know how to be hipster-friendly.
>Step 5: Profit?
It takes a while to get the ball rolling but as I said, I'm getting close to making back my original investment. If you're not a professional antique person, then selling online at the consumer level is a good idea, as you can get things looked at by a wide audience and you can find a buyer relatively easy.

Posting listings is cheap-ish, they handle the shipping, and if you are a massive jew/spent a lot on postage you can add "handling fees". Start small and don't be a jerk. Learn about how to ship things cheaply. Make sure to wash everything.

>Make sure you aren't too much of an asshole, because reviews really matter when you're starting out. So don't sell anything without checking for and pointing out discolorations/rips/tears/weird smell etc. (so that people will know what they're getting into), make sure shipping's accurate, and answer questions. Make sure you add a disclaimer about the nature of vintage, which often includes no refunds :^)

Bear in mind that I'm mostly running a hobby store and I'm not planning on making a living from it, but I wanted my thrifting hobby to earn some money. And so far, I'd call myself fairly successful. It helps that it's not too much of an investment to make.

That said, if any other anons want to take the plunge and open a store I'd appreciate using the referral link for the advice.
etsy.me/2ptA956

You can find me at ShopSecondStream and I hope this helped!

man I feel like a dumb ass lol. I've been thrifting my whole life and haven't thought of this.

to be fair it's the same for me and I just thought of it last summer.

If you know how to thrift then a lot of the difficulty of finding good shit is gone

>Research what you buy

What do you mean?

Before you post something and put a price tag on it, make sure you're pricing it reasonably. If you're not acquainted with what to look for when thrifting, you should probably look the item up to see what it's worth.
If you price something too high, nobody will buy it. Too low, and you're not getting the profit margin you should be.

For instance, if you find an old 80s ski jacket that looks in good shape, you should see what other people are selling it for and use that as a baseline. (In this case, you could price it anywhere from $30-$200+ depending on its quality/materials.) This also can be a gauge as to how much you're willing to spend to get the jacket from a thrift store to begin with.

Or if you find something like pic related that caters to a specific audience, then you can price it according to its rarity and/or popularity.

Part of doing this is making sure what you find is actually vintage/original and not a reproduction (this is especially important when finding graphic/concert tshirts or vintage merch shirts.)
There are a few rules of thumb you can follow. One is that if the label is printed directly on the shirt, it's not really "vintage" since that's relatively new technology. A papery, tear-away label or an embroidered label? That's getting somewhere.
Another is that a generic label can give away that a design is custom printed/embroidered...and as such, is really one-of-a-kind.

do you think there is a market in the west for Japanese vintage stuff? Going there soon and I think there could be some decent profit, especially with the low exchange rate

> pic related

1 1/2 years doing it, until a women fkced my life up.

user. If you're reading this. Don't be with a women long-term.

I'd say so, especially if you can get stuff back to the states. It works for Malaysians, it'll work for you. Remember that Asian sizing's different!

You still at it? I'd like to see your store.

Adding onto that, if you can find vintage anime/manga shirts and popular labels you'll do even better.

have you tried vaporwave art? i bet thats popular