steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

Mechwarrior Living Legends:
clanjadewolf.net/mwll/
mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Heavy Gear Assault:
store.steampowered.com/app/416020

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

Ride Fast into the Night:
mwomercs.com/black-lanner

Poison the hearts of your enemies:
mwomercs.com/blood-asp

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

All the MWO Models:
gamemodels3d.com/games/mechwarrior/

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=12&l=7641d025621083fdca00b45c11770a5850dcf143
twitter.com/BombdogStudios/status/854741238934843395
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=9&l=0f8f74e9cc3b20b032d311c772f98138e45dd590
reddit.com/r/OutreachHPG/comments/7w14bx/a_communitydriven_balance_update/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>play new Mechs
>never beats out my MechFu
why did they have to make the Bushwacker so good? it's not right

>half the server DC mid-game
wew

Best cat-named mech?

There's only two contenders really.
Arctic Cheetah and Ebon Jaguar. Everything else is kind of trash.

MadCatII

Why is this genre so dead?
Giant robots are fun.

People are busy playing instead of posting.

>implying /v/ plays video games ever

Trial woofhound and trial direwoofs everywhere

>it's a "2/3 of team is dead with no kills 3 minutes into the match" episode

Armored Core is console only
MWO is a cashgrab
MAG is genuinely not a good or polished game
The only good AND relevant mech game right now are the Gundam titles and their generals are on /m/

Welcome to American primetime

Shout out to my main man Dudebot
we go way back

Please stop making these threads. Thank you in advance.

>event mechs
>they're on sale

something nice actually happened

Nice

>Late night jewnited slaves of murrrica prime time and aussie niggerdry.

Incompetence has reached new lows.

I just logged for the night. It should be better tomorrow afternoon please?

I want to put MRMs on a Catapult-C1
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=12&l=7641d025621083fdca00b45c11770a5850dcf143
Is this acceptable? 2x40 MRMs generates 24.61 heat so I should be able to fire it four times in a row assuming I get no breaks. MLs are just backup.
Should I downgrade to 2x30? That'll let me get some more heatsinks, bring more ammo, max out the armor, or even pick up an AMS if I need it. Can someone help?

Be advised

Do not log in during American primetime

Awoo~ is now banned, shadownerfing patch incoming.

First - i was proud having same warh00ns on all my mechs.
Second - i was a bit annoyed, still a bit aroused, by all the AWOO~ blasting all around in every fucking match.
Third - i wrote Tina about how i feel they are stealing awoos from us.
Fourth - every single clan laservomit i did on this event felt almost the same, regardless of mech used. Perfect balance?

How many awooo warhorns I need to buy to y1ff TheB33f?

>buy
Do you imply TheB33f a whore?

A cheap french harlot.

French?!

But are the legs shaved? Also the cooch?

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamp

soembody plz saev mai gaems

Are those guided munitions? Is every machine seem to have light armor and can't take a lot of punishment? It looks weird but maybe kinda fun.

No all of the weapons in the game are dumb-fire. Artillery and rockets have rangefinders to help though.

Some builds are extremely armored and some have shit for armor. It's all up to the parts you pick.

Interesting. I love Battletech / Mechwarrior, but this might be worth investigating.

It has a demo mode you can try out. You just have to register on their website Bombdogstudios.

Also speaking of durable builds. This thing would not give a shit about those artillery impacts.

The Hexapod in that webm was damaged quite a bit already judging by the smoke.

A few years ago /gerg/ interviewed the dev for MAV. Nice guy.

twitter.com/BombdogStudios/status/854741238934843395

Have you ever seen somebody so proud?

>event going on
>dedder than usual
Nice.

Which Treb do I get for the challenge? I don't know anything about this mech. Tempted to get the 7M and do dual MRM30.

KWERKS?

We also interviewed three devs at once in one kongkast
that was good shit

I miss KongKast. We should bring it back for old times' sake, especially since we have so much content to shit on if we break down the timeline

They lost MRBC

The problem was LaserAngel did most of the actual work beyond everyone just having that round table discussion complaining about everything. Unless someone steps up to edit it and upload it we'll never do another.

Any of them should be good. The trial mechs are even viable for the event, so I don't think there'd be a specific Treb model that is excluded.

Man mumble kong dodged a bullet with kaelus leaving.

I'm pretty sure I've read this a hundred times and looking at it again I still have no idea what crawled up kaelus's ass to make him such a massive douche at that time, and I can think of plenty of other times I made kaelus mad as fugg

I tend to prefer 30s with lasers. That works though, just aim for big targets. If it's under 55 tons, you're losing damage.

OMG so many bad direwolfs

Is it American Primetime?

It's just people who have never learned how to play a dire wolf being forced to play with outdated or unskilled builds.

nope, too early. It's Eurotime.

What's the point of the MC period? You'd have to be stupid to buy anything other than the Hero mech for MC considering it'll always cost premium currency (even if it goes on sale for 30-50% off later on) but the other variants will be available for fucking free currency later on.

Hasn't mumble kong won in the long term?

They still play robots and roleplaying games.
Discord is usually empty except for sad memes.

2 HLL 4 ERML Hellbringer, or 6 MPL Hellbringer? The build's almost exactly the same except more fits in the torso with MPLs.

2LPLs, 4ERMLs, ECM

i dont understand this lore t. newfag

So since the foundation of Veeky Forums, /mwog/ has always been a thing, and was later renamed to /gerg/ to incorporate the other robot games after generals like hawken grew too feeble to survive on their own. For the entire duration of this general's history, it founded and has subsequently been run and managed by a group called Kong Interstellar Security Solutions. Kong had a civil war a couple years ago. Half went to discord, the other half stayed on mumble, both started shitposting about it in the general. Over the years the discord kong has become less while initially starting stronger, but the mumble kong has remained constant, neither really growing or shrinking. In the long run I guess they turned out to be the winners. They're also the ones that still play robots.

Since the early days of 2011, around the closed beta of mwo, there was a Veeky Forums group that played the game together first on Veeky Forums and then on Veeky Forums when this board came around. New people showed up all the time. Sometimes there were 30 people playing together. As it is a Veeky Forums group open to anyone, you get a large variety of individuals, some of whom are cool, and some who are giant fags.

First it was on Ventrillo.
Then it went to one Mumble server.
Then it was split to a new Mumble server and Discord due to group drama related to about 3 or 4 no fun faggots.

Kong has played mwo and other robot games for all this time. They've made about two dozen podcasts discussing this game, heavy gear, hawken, and star citizen. The kong in mumble now also play tabletop games like mutant epoch and megamek battletech and hackmaster.

There is a prophecy that once star citizen releases, all the kong will return to fly together in space.

Shout out to my main man, shout out to my main man

Main man to my shout out, main man to my shout out.

Hot Kong Dong

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=9&l=0f8f74e9cc3b20b032d311c772f98138e45dd590

New guy here, will this work?

I'd shift a few more points to the left back so you don't get insta crit'd by a stiff breeze in the back. Other than that, might do some work

Meant RT but your CT should always have or be tied for the most rear.

will /gerg/ ever get a GOOD, high quality and polished mech game?

will MW5 be good?

>tfw no melee stuffs

2 HLL,4 ERML, ECM and have fun melting bodies.

Check the past for good stuff.
I doubt it because Piggu
Feels Hatchet, man

Is there any merit to running half MLs, half ERMLs on a build? Can still punch at range but run a bit cooler at close than full either, respectively. Or will that just make it shitty at two rangebands?

There's no real benefit. If you're laser vomiting, you should be all about the alpha and everything should be the same.

Same reason you don't want to bracket build. Better to keep everything effective on the same point so you can rely on it.

>make brawler
>get mapped into polar map with LRM spam

>run double goose
>good at all ranges
>never care about map or teammates

feelsgood

Should I get a Hellbringer while they're on sale or save up a bit more to get an Irate Feline MkII? Everything else on sale I either own or have no interest in.

Dire wolves*

>Star Shitizen
Wew

>later renamed to /gerg/ to incorporate the other robot games after generals like hawken grew too feeble to survive on their own
correct but incorrect
it was renamed to /gerg/ because dudebot is a memer and named the general after me :^)
and everyone just sort of stuck with it

>Hasn't mumble kong won in the long term?
technically yes technically no
In the long term everyone has stopped giving a shit about this shit and most of kong just use both discord and mumble. Frankly discord got 10000000 times better as soon as kaelus fucked off forever, but that's a different matter.
Discord has its crowd, Mumble has its crowd, and the folks of both consist of those use only one of the two and those who mingle between the two. Both Discordians and "Mumblemutts" play robots, though discord has exclusive things like FOTW shit and the mumble crowd has exclusive shit like RPG sessions and whatnot.
The discord gets a lot less new folk since it's invite only, but has a tightly-nit community aspect to it which is nice. Mumble gets new folk time to time, some of which might be okay and some of which might be massive faggots, but they usually don't stay around for too long though that's pretty much our fault since a good chunk of us play robots so irregularly and at such random times its hard to know when its a good time to show up

tl;dr people used to be mad because voip choices but honestly none gives a shit anymore

Which do I join if I want to play mwo with people
I tried the mumble but it's dead and like a maze with these meme channel names

>I tried the mumble but it's dead and like a maze with these meme channel names
At euro hours there's almost always 2-3 people playing.

At american hours it's very random, sometimes nobody playing, sometimes 5 people.

you're only choice is mumble because, as I stated before, discord is invite only.

If you're around in the morning you can play with kakos and shaix n' the like if you don't mind taking a chance against kakos chewing you up and spitting you out
otherwise you'll have wait until you see us actually playing robots in mumble. You're more likely to see us playing during the early half of an event or patch day following a few days after said patch.

m8's. Which atlas variant is the most useful and fun?

LRM ECM DDC
Drop ordinance on target after locks

where's my fucking discord invite greg
you said you'd email it to me you anime loving fuck

Interception successful.

Ahh yes I was looking at DC cause of the ecm. I'll go with that one

bamp

>AS7-D with HG/ac20, mrm60
&
>AS7-K with HG, mrm40, 4mpl

There's the classic AC/20 4SRM6 AS7-S.

the atlas with 4 hardpoints and 4 srm6s and an ac20

The channel names don't matter. You just go wherever there are people.

The mumble is used for more than just mwo tho

That's garbage nowadays.
Srms suck, there is no reason to bring them on assaults when there are mrms.
On top of that the S has inferior structure qwerks instead of armour qwerks.

Yeah it's also used for f*rry ERP

structure quirks are decent on atlas because you can overheat the fuck out of your mech especially if you want to go out in a blaze of glory with 4SRM6 and an AC20

oh shit
which channel

Mere gimmicks.
First your weapons get crited out more easily
Second with armour you can run heavy goose, with no heat, that's better at dealing damage than the ac20 anyway and has more range to synergize with superior mrms.

FUCKING PGI

reddit.com/r/OutreachHPG/comments/7w14bx/a_communitydriven_balance_update/