/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP (embed) (embed)

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed) (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, Frontier, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Hunt

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/7vqbtu/1m57s_bow_vs_black_diablos_phemeto_bow_is_more/
youtube.com/watch?v=hbA3VXdhShU
youtube.com/watch?v=ntaaIlzqtY8
youtube.com/watch?v=8cnd-JzTn7o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cute pets are best pets

NIGERUNDAYOOO

I love this new gameplay mechanic they introduced in world, it's so underrated. Much more fleshed out from the previous home-decor systems from older games.

Shame we can't have Pokemon battles against other players' pets or something like that.

>tfw when rathalos helps you hunt anjanath
>8 times your damage in a single second

Normally I'd object to it for being too Frontier, but after Xeno'jiiva I'll let you pass this time

Igriega's back

>Melding some stuff
>One of my gems is worth 124 points
So I have an artillery gem. It fits in a single level 1 slot. This is stupid good for people who play CB or whatever. Too bad I don't play CB or anything like it.

I want to find out if I can swap a big monster into my house once it's on PC.

Making choices for my HBG fullset is killing me.

I'm thinking Nergigante is actually best and I can gem Weakness Exploit onto my kit once I've gotten enough Tenderizer Decos. I just wish my best Blademaster and best Gunner sets weren't the same one. Nerg's set is so fucking good.

How the FUCK do I unlock HR Odogaron investigations? I keep getting fucking Girros

Which is the better thunder lance, the Lightning spire III or the Kirin lance?

This question but for sword and shield

Is the lynian researcher supposed to appear in the Elder's Recess to get another palico gadget?

What does 4U have that XX doesn't?

Yeah. After you get all the previous items you can get the Meowlotov cocktail from the Elder's Recess.

My friend says that Insect Glaive is the highest skill cap weapon in the game.

Is this true? What's the basic flow chart for this weapon?

An English release

Red extract > white extract > triangle, O, triangle while OTG. You can keep refreshing white and red extract but if you get all three, the super buff will run out after a set amount of time.

What's an ideal hammer build for raw deeps?I've been mostly going for fashion pieces but I don't want to bring my group down. Evade Extender, and attack up pieces right?

OTG? Off the ground?

Is there a gender option for your Palico and I never noticed or is it just canon that it's a girl cat because I find it odd otherwise that the Palicos are stuck in things like wedding dresses.

Your cat is however you interpret it.

Female cat only

Looking at what I can make, is bone armor the best all around starter set until I start to craft armor specifically for certain monsters? Asking because I've been wearing a full set of bone with kestodon guards while doing the early game hunts, just got the quest to hunt chameleon bird guy even though I've killed a few on expeditions already, and I've amassed quite a few armor spheres doing the bounties. Wasn't sure if I should use the armor spheres to upgrade the all around decent bone armor or will I fuck myself, as seems to happen in every game, that as soon as I use them I can craft much better gear after the next hunt.

Related question, how does the math work in the game in regards to elemental resistances and weaknesses? Is each point say 5%/10% resist or weak, addictive or multiplicative? Basically, am I going to fuck myself if I switch to a set that gives me -2 fire and go after anjanath with his fire breath.

Armor sets in the first part of hte game don't really matter match. Either get skills you want at the time, or go for fashion

so I'm enjoying this game alot and just passed it, I recently just got a 3ds and was wondering if I should get generations or 4U?

4U

Sounds good, thank lad. Didn't know if that extra -2 fire or something would fuck me over or not, seeing as how my weapons are weak as shit. On that note, use a raw/paralyze weapon for general expeditions so I don't have to worry about typing, and bring a specialized elemental weapon for specific hunts? In 4U I always went with a raw lance, still reading up on changes between the gens.

if you played the 4u demo, disregard it almost entirely. the demo looks ugly and the camera is shit, the release version of the game looks so much better and the camera is more responsive. i was put off by the demo at first then said fuck it, and was surprised by how much better the game looked and played.

Anyone got a session up? Or need help with hunts?

It's official, Monster Hunter World is a success.
Now please bring the new cuties.

When is the Deviljho coming out

ON the ground, playing airborne while fun is less effective DPS-wise. Make sure you prioritize ground combos if you want to maximize damage.

Yay I killed the thread!

cute!

>my very first 2 tempered elder dragons
>each one grants me a hero's stone

lmao why are people even sayin this is rare? ez game, at this rate i'll be done in less than 1 hour

>at this rate i'll be done in less than 1 hour
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Defend this.

so is everyone playing 4 ultimate on 3ds instead of generations?

this shit has the audacity to fall asleep as soon as I bring him up here for the costume

Wasn't mod support confirmed for MH:W on PC or did I dream this, anons?
That costume won't appear there until you are further in the story.

what final 3 decorations do you think would be best? Doesn't have to be ones I own, wondering what I can farm for to best improve it.

>play all the slow weapons in MH
>never really try other weapons
>finish off my horn set
>going through the weapon trees, see the Holy sabers in DB
>decide to make them just cuz they look cool
>go to Training Area
>holyfuck
Boys, this speed is addicting to a slowboi like myself. I'm worried they're going to convert me...I don't wanna be another kirito.

Well, MTFrameworks has some decent mod support in other games for augmenting in game systems. Don't expect full mod support like skyrim with shit like extra weapons/costumes and such put in, but basc shit should be doable.

Oh well you just saved me a bunch of time thank you. Do you know when it opens up? I have negrigante as my next story quest

what do you guys think of power prolonger forIG? is it worth it?

Unfortunately, I don't know. I had the same issue and a friend told me without spoiling that it simply appeared later. I'm in HR so, I would actually try after Nergigante just in case.

does the faggot phantom bird only show up in Low Rank or something?

>also just remembered Power/Armor charms are a thing

I'm a fucking retard. I'm 8* high rank now and just now bought them for my inventory

4U. Wait for XX (the complete version of Gen) instead of playing Generations.

Optimal Armor set for Hammer? I Know we want Weakness Exploit and Attack up. Any suggestions?

can I get a rundown on how IG works at a high level? I tried it early on and didn't really understand how it worked with the buffs and shit

Will we ever get the fun lightheartedness of old games in games after world? Everything in world just feels so serious and drab. Meanwhile XX ends with singing cat lolis and fighting a monster that builds its own mech

>Rarity 8 Spread Up decoration
>Rapid firing Spread 1 with Nerg's bowgun
My times are dangerously close to slicing, but it's infinitely more enjoyable.

>love playing evade lance and swaxe
>work my way through the game, cleave everything in my path or advance against it as an iron fortress
>LBG is just so much faster for farming and cheesing

i still have fun with my favorite weapons, but fuck me when i join an SOS and i get kicked because i'm using a lance which will "slow them down", it hurts me inside.

I am not getting the same vibes as you at all. This game is hella cheesy

unless you're bowfag, all the 3 slots are shit except handicraft
but handicraft too because it's just a single point

didnt capcom say they are never bringing XX to 3ds or switch to the west fro some reason?

reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/7vqbtu/1m57s_bow_vs_black_diablos_phemeto_bow_is_more/

>3 points in critical boost instead of instead of the one point wonder it is
>3 points in speed sharpening when you already have the xeno set bonus
stop

>150 hours in
>haven't interacted with poogie

Does shit like getting kicked out of SOS for not using an "optimal" weapon actually happen now? In Gen I never got kicked even if I was a fucking cat.

Fuck off you weeb piece of shit. 3DS was a fucking mistake.

I'm not surprised at all. The thing though for LBG is you get to use your mines and slides constantly rather than just sit at a safe distance which is the main benefit.

Should have eaten pig

Thanks for the XX hunts m8.
The last arena challenge hunt was fantastic.

Critical Boost is mistranlated, it works the same as the last set of games and 3 points is ideal

youtube.com/watch?v=hbA3VXdhShU

Just found out about this translation bug with bowgun recoil description, both "大" and "中" are translated as "Average" in the English version (they should mean high and average respectively, high in the english ver corresponds to "特大" which should be "very high") For example, the Rath lbg has a initial "大" recoil with slicing ammo and one recoil mod will make it "中" but the English version list both as average so I went with 3 reload mod while 2 reload and 1 recoil actually feel more comfortable.

youtube.com/watch?v=ntaaIlzqtY8

I had no idea this song existed. Now I want to play XX.

>MHW keeps the jingle, palicos, poogie and even rediculous shit like hunting horns
What more do you want you stupid weeb? Dancing lolis and jpop never should have been in MH in the beginning

kill yourself

Got kicked once when I went in with a hammer to a black bolos run, straight up told me it was a farming speed run. Two LBG and one with a CB for severing the tail, they said it would be dead before I could break the horns and kicked me.

That's not even the best catloli song. This one is.

youtube.com/watch?v=8cnd-JzTn7o

I feel bad for you m8. You are missing out on real MH.

>gunlance isn't just a giant cannon that can shoot a hook that pulls you toward the monster/vise versa

Who even uses the shield with GL anyway

Go away catlolifucker.

Wyverian loli (shota) >> little catshits

Aside from the cat sidequests, the workshop and the canteen quests, what are the other sidequests in MHW?

I'm asking because I think I'm done with the workshop because I got the rocksteady mantle and I don't have any more text bubble quests, but I'm still missing food at the canteen and the fish quests

Not only does it exist but you can choose to have it play on loop in your hunters tavern.

Why World doesn't have a jukebox feature like XX is beyond me. Then again they didn't put any thought into the gathering hall at all.

Ive yet to see it happen, but I mostly just join SOS or hunt with people I know.

Prowler actually did great damage if you autistically sought out a perfect cat like I did

Man I am glad this shit will never be in another MH game again

That'd be a lancegun

Gay

no word yet, there's events lined up through march, best bet would be sometime after then, when the SFV stuff drops.

I don't know what weapons I should be using. I like the charge blade a lot but I feel like I'm not fantastic with it. The DB and switch axe seem alright. I'm about to start high rank so I think I should figure this out.

World has no joke weapon designs that have been present in every MH game.
Appealing to the west was a mistake.

confirmed DLC boys

Is it capturing or carving better for getting gems?

Endemic Life and Piscine Researchers' quest lines.

but what does it say?

carving.

Carving.

>World has no joke weapon designs
I dunno. Those Xeno weapons are a pretty big joke.

>finally made poogie love me

could always drop back to low rank with a weak version of a weapon you want to try. low rank so you know the monsters attacks and their damage isn't that bad in case you fuck up, and a weak version of the weapon so you don't kill it too quick so you can get a feel for it. thats what i ended up doing back in 4u to try shit out.

>Rajang and Astalos will in MHW

After Astalos.