/dfg/

waddling gait edition

Previous Thread
PLEASE NOTE: Dwarf Fortress has just received an update. If you play the newest version (44.05), be prepared for plentiful bugs and crashes. Do not complain about your bugs and crashes here, report them here: bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt

>Download the basic game here. Current version is Dwarf Fortress 0.44.05.
bay12games.com/dwarves/

>Official forums:
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php

>Find a bug? Don't tell us! Tell Toady! Complaining in the thread will accomplish nothing.
bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt

>Have a question? Check the wiki first:
dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Main_Page

>Fireden archived threads:
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/Dwarf Fortress/

>Dwarf Therapist:
github.com/Dwarf-Therapist/Dwarf-Therapist/releases

>DFHack (Alpha 44.05, expect bugs):
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164123
github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases

>Legends Viewer:
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=154617.0
dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11455

>Starter Pack (Out of date):
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.0
dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7622

>More DF stuff:
pastebin.com/AnsHjQ40

>Dwarf Fortress General IRC chat:
en.irc2go.com/webchat/?net=freenode&room=dwarffortress
(to connect yourself: webchat.freenode.net #dwarffortress)

>A bunch of guides to various parts of fort-based living:
imgur.com/a/nGyRF#0

>Video tutorials:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBrdUj1adIBD-vgUodaaxebcdqQ4oEWtg
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD1A3FE72C0DCAC66 (Dated, but good)

>Text tutorials:
dwarffortresswiki.org/DF2014:Tutorials
members.iinet.net.au/~morty/Getting_Started_with_Dwarf_Fortress.pdf

>This pasta:
pastebin.com/iAduXzjn

Strike the earth!

"I use the starter pack and I'm proud, respect my pronouns and don't bully me bigots!"
-/dfg/ 2018

quality post user :^)

>Pic
The one who at the center is okay, would bang.

I'm scared, bros.

>I make this more difficult than they need to be because it gives me a sense of accomplishment in my otherwise depressing existence

things*

>vanilla dwarf fortress
>difficult
macaco please

>neet logic
One day when you have a real job, you will appreciate the effort that mods like DFHack save you.

>DFhack
>mod

what is the correct terminology then my friend?

DF will not be true difficult before it'll have enemies who can dig tunnels and destroy walls, like in Dungeon Keeper and Rimworld.

3rd party tool. Specifically a memory accessing interface that can be used with various plugins and tools that can interact with DF.

so it's a mod

this
fuck you tranny

No it's not. It can be used by mods though.

Do you consider trainers or save editors to be mods, too?

No, I consider them to be cheating.

they're cheating you fucking tranny

tranny game made by a tranny played by trannies, ugh just ugh

>I witnessed user make a XXshitpostXX recently. How disgusting!
>I saw the goblin Smuntsu Greenvomit, the goblin Ulspa Dungeater, and the goblin Ogusp Snotspits culturally enrich Tholtig Coalburns. I guess it can be considered grimly satisfying.
>The Redditor Pleb Casualfrog invaded /dfg/. This must be stopped by any means at our disposal.

Nevermind, I know what triggered the autists.

I said "DFHack" instead of "the stander set of plugins included with starter pack distributions.".

Autists.

And that's what DFhack is, a cheat tool.

If you don't use either the Starter Pack or LNP you are a fucking autistic NEETranny and should die already lol.

For you maybe.
For me, game designers aren't perfect and sometimes a game needs 3rd party modification in order to be the best that it can be.

Its an external utility, same as legends viewer or the rapist. Mods are stuff like additional creatures or civs.

Good thread so far.

Without MasterWorkMod by Meph PBUH, DF is a piece of shit. Meph should develop the game instead of that tranny Toadie.

Why do you have to bring his sexual orientation into it?

because he's a fat tranny fuck and his game is shit

that is a politically incorrect statement, sir!

But Meph is also a tranny faggot.

no meph is a trap and that's totally not gay trust me im an expert on bein gay

I heard there are gays in DF. How to make two male dwarves do anal sex between them?

you need to first fabricate Anal Lube in the alchemist workshop

then your gay dwarves will randomly have gay sex with a 90% each chance to controct either
>goblinAIDS
>anal cancer
>mega faggotry

Put dick in a hole

>american posting hours
>dorf discussion stops and /pol/tards take over the thread
like clockwork
what amazes me is that they make keyboards with keys big enough for your amerifat fingers

toady is a devout christian he would never allow sex in his game

Fuck christianity

christianity is jewish and toady is a fat tranny kike

88/41 hiley hitley PBUH

>/pol/tards
I think you misspelled redditors.

There is literally nothing wrong with le using reddit, sigh.

Except being an insufferable cunt.

>implying there is a difference between /pol/ and T_D

Oh just like you right now?

Not even /pol/ has retards like our schizo trannyfag. Just filter his shit posts and wait for him to get bored.

actually, it's 100% japa's fault for bloating AV with bullshit it doesn't need (i.e. showing every single item on the ground, showing every single straw of grass, showing every single puke stain, etc etc).

the visualisers we had in earlier DF versions never had any problems with showing huge forts. pic related is Overseer for 0.34. it showed the entire fort without any problems, and it was toaster friendly. that's what a visualiser should aim to be. sadly, japa fell for the whole "gaudy HD texture pack for old game" aesthetic. he also developed a very special kind of hubris where he wants his visualiser to be the go-to utility for newfags who want to "play DF in 3d".

Poland strong, Poland can into dwarf fortress.

fucked up the link

but there are no toilets in DF for you to clean?

I leave this shit hole for 4 months, and the tranny shitposting is still going on. This is why we can't have nice things.

Its one schizo faggot calling everyone and everything trannies.

>I leave this shit hole for 4 months, and the tranny shitposting is still going on.
bullshit.
it didn't start until a week before 0.44 was released (mid-november), and it died down in december.

Is anyone else getting ridicoulosly shit fps? My fort only has 20 animals, 34 dwarves and little wildlife with no caverns breached and its already dipping to 30. On a damn pocket world. Used to run great up to around 180 people. Also there are weird lag spikes were it freezes and then goes. Is my computer fugged or is it dwarf?

It stopped, and has started up again just today. The same day you "came back." Interesting...

it's possibly some magma monster setting the cave flora on fire.

I think it might just be how shitty the world is. It was only 15 years in because anything above 50 was 25 was extinct. I have a shit load of civs and 150 megabeast caves. No visitors and few migrants. Maybe too much shit going on out there

Unfortunately, 3rd cavern level entire is a lake, without any ground. Map size is minimal, 1x1 tiles on world map. There are no creatures in this level, except some crundles on a mushroom cap. Is there a way to allow spawn of ground creatures? For example by constructing bridge or floor above water on a map border?

>it didn't start until a week before 0.44 was released (mid-november)
It's been going on ever since kobold posting stopped, and that was late september to early october. It was going on LONG before 0.44 dropped.

there was periodical shitposting about gay dorfs, but the trannyposting didn't start until that FotF thread where toady answered a question about trannies too politely. that was a few weeks before the release.

I don't remember the exact date, but yeah, more than a week before the update, definitely.

How would one enable volcanoes to spawn in without being in super steep conical ones? Like ground level or cavern volcanoes

actually, DF volcanoes never have their own cones. sometimes it appears that way because they spawn on top of mountains, but the volcano itself is just a vertical shaft full of magma. if you make the volcano spawn on flat ground, it will just be a hole in the ground. at least that's my experience.

I want to play as the last hope of a dying dwarven civilization surrounded by goblins and necromaners

How do I get a world like that?

pocket worlds. goblins always end up conquering those.

wow, that render is pretty neato

What does this general have against trannys? :o

Remember to ignore and report obvious shitposts.

>he thinks Veeky Forums has moderation in 2018
laughing jewish gook.png

I've seen a thread get deleted this year for no real reason, so there's some hope.

Tbh it probably would have ended sooner if not for the fact an user found out the person asking the question to begin with was 1. a cringy furry tranny 2. one of those Bay 12-ers who posts on FoTF, off-topic boards and threads related to the DF community, but nothing relating to the game itself.

Didn't help that when someone agreed with Toady (who himself admitted it makes no sense to have trannies, since gender differences aren't modeled beyond reproductive roles), someone else started going "hurr durr I have tranny friends who want to be dorfed" - surprised noone on there took notice and replied with "why not dwarf them as their preferred gender then".

Might as well say that this is really common to DF, and is noticable on both Bay 12 and the discord. On the boards/channels related to the game itself - fort mode, adventure mode, modding - you'll mostly see the same few regulars posting, with maybe a few new people asking questions and eventually posting more. Off-topic shit, threads about the community that noone really cares about and threads wanking about what the game could be but not helping with the issues it currently has? Suddenly you have a lot more variance in users. Almost like these people don't play the game anymore but stay around to shit up the community - off-topic boards/channels are where the vast majority of the annoying drama originates from.

/dfg/ - Bay 12 Drama General

What does it matter if Toad is a Tranny?
Stop shitposting about it you bigots.

Nope. This is why you set cavern openness to min 90. and cavern water to min 20 and max 35. It gives you super aesthetic caverns.

Is that the only way?
I prefer to play larger maps

set max dwarf civ number to 1 in entity_default

This and high numbers of forgotten beasts will usually do in dwarf civilizations. The distinction between a dead and dying civ isn't handled very well by the game though, even if the only fortress is an abandoned ruin and no dwarves remain in the world the civ will sometimes carry on.

You can make AV show more layers with a setting or some shit.

>DF
>hard

Games don't need to be hard to be fun. Dwarf Fortress is more clunky than actually difficult.

The only challenge in playing Dwarf Fortress is getting onto the autism spectrum.

Did you forget to brew drinks?

Dwarf Fortress is a shit game made by an autistic tranny and you need Down's Syndrome to enjoy it.

>Froggy is a tranny now

wew the times are a' changin

it was never hard. that was just a newfag meme.

I can't say I mind. for me it's less about challenge and more about comfy details.

Same

Shields, nigger

Get a squad to dual wield them, if you can still do that. I don't know if Toady fixed it or not.

Their volleys looks really dangerous when they began shoot to an animal on the surface. A huge swarm of bolts.

Can dwarves use shield along with crossbows? And will wooden shields work well?

Lol, they leave the map after killing the animal.

Unlikely.

Two steel shields and decent armour will render a decently trained dwarf effectively immune to projectile weaponry, and shields don't make completely terrible weaponry.

My marksdwarves shoots excellent too, even when totally untrained.

The bitch tried to avoid a bolt and now is falling.

Is there a way to set global production orders in this? As in "if less than 50 bolts in stockpile, produce x amount in any/each workshop".

no

rimworld is better play that

There are only 12 z-levels in depth, but I gonna raise to 40.

Press j and then m

DFHack workflow script or whatever it's called does that.

Cool, thanks.

I've never seen a lifeform holding a pear bodyform with such aesthehic value, to be honest

Construction of the great tower of CloutCrystal has hit a roadblock. A Weresquirrel has attacked, claiming the lives of 4 workers and a war dog. These are the first fatalities during construction, but will probably not be the last. They will get proper graves, built into the tower they gave their lives to complete.

Gladiator arenas make for pretty good military training. I remember why cage traps are gud now.