/owg/ - Overwatch General

>Year of the Dog event starts on February 8th (that's Thursday)
>the event lasts for four weeks instead of three
twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/959229939898761216
youtube.com/watch?v=B9nVxg3DqAM

>new skins (6 legendaries; Mercy, Genji, and Widow are getting new skins, but not sure if they're legendary)
>new CTF rules -- instant flag pick-up to make it less of a boring, defensive, turret-filled shitfest
>compromise is that you can't just zip in and out with mobility / invulnerability abilities (using them drops the flag)
>new CTF map set in Thailand
>four-week competitive CTF season

>Latest PC patch notes
playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc

>Overwatch dev tracker
overstalk.io

>Hero tips, tricks and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leader boards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.com/

>Previous thread:
Leave the memesports and e-celeb shit behind.

This general doesn't deserve you.

Which is a fun pro match to rewatch? I want to start getting into comp and figured I'd watch how the pros do it first.

I love you, OP, it's a shame this thread is going to be deleted.

SHOW ME THE MERCY SKIN

T.Racer loves you.

Not released yet.

There was a Mercy skin last CTF event too. It's probably just going to be that piece of shit again.

Can she recall her hymen back to one piece so you could continuously take her virginity?

how late am i if i want to get into this right now?

She does look like she's gaining weight, to be fair. Not that it matters.

About two years late, but you wouldn't be missing out on anything other than a collection of skins.

Yes but it's not happening.

>*contributes to thread wars*

/owg/ should have 6 threads honestly we're THAT important

How hard is it to get all skins for one character Tracer?

memesports should have their own separate thread desu

You gotta play during all events m8. Atleast skins are just 1000 gold now.

>diamonds

>/owlg/

>all
You can only use one at a time anyway.

Pretty much this, I want shitposters to leave.

I love her.

I took a break from Overwatch and /owg/ right before OWL started.
Are esports shitters the reason why things are like this now?

There should be a roulette option that cycles through skins between games, so you can go through your favorite legendary skins without having to bring up menu every time

Some are only available during certain events, so it would take an entire year to go through every event

It's shitposter-kun using the occasion to shit on us like usual.

the xqc drama brought a lot of redditors and discordfags

confirmed legendary, as well as genji.

>drama
Are you talking about the actual disgusting NEET shit or something else?

>It's shitposter-kun using the occasion to shit on us like usual.
Seriously?
Is it the same one who used to rant about how PUBG was such a better game?

I guess it's close enough to valentines to remind you all this happened last year.
So what's going to happen this year? Any bets?

I lover her too!

Remove micro missiles, add 1 second to defense matrix, there you go Dva is perfectly balanced as a fairly mobile tank with defensive capabilities and can only DPS up close

But what about BENG?

If you mean thread wars it's just some faggot that keeps making them early since so many kids on Veeky Forums treat generals like clubhouses and want to make it their own

Probably, he's been shitposting about how he hates this game so much he wants to make the general shit as well. Samefagging and making shit threads early has been a part of his modus operandi. The forced esport vs waifu war was probably him samefagging as well.

Just find a streamer on twitch and watch them.

yea it's the worse rank at low elo. welcome.

>since so many kids on Veeky Forums treat generals like clubhouses and want to make it their own
I've bade a bunch of threads before and I've never gotten this. I don't care if it's mine, I just want it to be good.

Make it happen.

I'm more interested in the team-play and 3rd person view of the map while it's happening. I think the commentary might help me understand how to play better as well. Streamer cams end up just showing me how poorly I aim.

i wish sombra was my mom

Don give him that much credit, waifufags and ebabs were always going to not get along

There's a difference between not getting along and someone constantly falseflagging as both sides and namecalling to instigate confrontation.

>I'm more interested in the team-play
To be fair, you'll get to see that in first-person, too.
>and 3rd person view of the map while it's happening.
The problem with this is that you'll never actually see the map that way while you're playing in-game. I get why you'd want to see this, but you might as well just try to get familiar with map knowledge and awareness and positioning from an on-the-ground perspective.

Sombra had her womb replaced with a Translocator beacon so she only ever had to handle one part of the 2 part system

Is Shangai getting their first win today bros?

>Sombra had her womb replaced with a Translocator beacon

Who cares, go ask the other thread.

>you can't be esports interested and not a filter autist

PS4fag here
it's taking more and more time to find games
I guess people are deserting the game

>be esports interested
Please explain the appeal to me.
I honestly don't get it.

HEIL ZIEGLER

It's cool watching the upper level of gameplay because as a player you understand the difficulty. It's like watching sports, or a debate. It's fun seeing people try to win. It's also nice seeing teams help each other out and not be dickheads to each other, but it's also pretty funny if it does happens (and you're not playing).

>other thread filled with bait and shit flinging.

Esports are fine, it's the twitch eceleb underages that are the problem.

>2 threads
The fug are you bois doing

>/pol/ and /int/ memes creeping in
This is exactly what killed /d2g/. Ebin eceleb twitch streamers took off then the underage came thinking they could just shitpost /int/ crap and all the cool people that cared about the game and esports left.

I wonder how's Mercy's skin gonna look like. I don't even play OW anymore, but I like her so much.

Please refrain from putting us together with /pol/.

opinions on junkboy jamison in season 8?

Anons, how long have you been in /owg/? /pol/ memes travels to /owg/ alarmingly fast. Election time brought them in mass here and they never left.

The amount of political crap is nothing compared to other generals.

I hope it's not just a qi pao. I know a lot of people expect that, but I want something a bit more creative.

Which one? Overwatch is based on the real world but with progressive overtones. It's made for /pol/ bait. It's got everything from race riots to pitting different nationalities against each other.

It's going to be low-effort, same-hair recolour of the old one.

It definetely won't be anything we hadn't thought of before.

cringe haHaa

>2018
>still no role preference in compe queue

ebin