/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ

Meme edition

On the last episode of /dbfzg/: >Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg (embed)

>PC system requirements:
i.imgur.com/Qh9Ie78.jpg (embed)

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>List of hidden mechanics
docs.google.com/document/d/1QyuykC4D5zpnOKt_qyn20ZZzO168Az7Suu_ojD4SVWg/preview#

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
[YouTube] [DBFZ] Optimal universal solo combo route for most chars? (No assists, no SB, midscreen) (embed)

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg (embed)

>Network colors (the square next to the name)
twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/959640513669349378 (embed)

>Ranks and their respective amounts of BP
i.imgur.com/zhwN8jg.png (embed)

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-gcYZOvkLIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BnyUyug0li8
youtube.com/watch?v=U5u5n5qsLSE
youtube.com/watch?v=IUPlSZcvHzM
youtube.com/watch?v=tU5EMlT3Uzw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for I can't decide on a fucking team

Just play braindead comp

Cell/A.Gohan/Kid buu

should i buy this never played a fighter before but looks kool

Just use your favourite characters

next OP don't forget to fix links

Why does 21 look overwhelmingly like Bu instead of being a mix of all the cells she got like Cell?

Same problem here.

But everyone is my favorite character.

Top tier
Black
Cell
Hit

High tier
Adult Gohan
SSJ Vegeta
Blue Goku
Beerus

High mid tier
Blue Vegeta
Android 18
Trunks
Kid Buu

Mid tier
SSJ Goku
Android 21
Android 16
Frieza
Yamcha
Tien

Low mid tier
Piccolo
Krillin

Low tier
Ginyu
Gotenks
Fat Buu
Nappa

Shit tier
Teen Gohan

Yea Piccolo is garbage mostly. Like he has a few uses but he could be so much better

Because just like the black gene the BUU gene is 100 times stronger

She got
Buu'ed

>play a long extended ring match session with a random red threat
>suddenly becomes pink
I'm still trash though and man, playing against adult gohan is mentally exhausting

>Shit tier
>Teen Gohan
Kill. Your. Self.

Fuck dude.
He's like the 3rd character in a row that constitutes as one of my favorite DB/Z characters who I just do not enjoy mechanically at all.
Same with Big Buu and Krillin.
Fuck my life family.

Me either

Strangely enough, I don't have that many favorite DB characters. Though with Base Goku and Vegito, I'll have a team.

i;m surprised you didnt add the tein picture

black
frieza
tien

is this good or am I dumb and bad

>Light green
>Get whooped really bad on one particular day
>Practice a lot
>Watch loads of video guides and pros
>Get much better
>Currently on a 15 game win streak
>About 8/9 of those have been against yellows
>The others all light green
>Still light green

No idea how this shit works. I think I was on the cusp of being demoted when I had that bad day so it'd take a lot to climb out.

>planned my team around characters I liked as they were being revealed
>apparently two of them are top tier and I'm garbage for playing them
It shouldn't bother me but it does.
I hope Bardock comes as DLC so I can have a truly concrete team since I keep switching my third member.
I'm not even knowledgeable about fighting games despite enjoying them for many years.

How do I pressure people who block
I try to throw out random overheads and lows but I just get countered sooner or later
I have no fighting game background so clearly I'm missing some fundamental philosophy here

Yeah that's fine

The problem with overheads is besides specific assists they're impossible to combo from for most characters. I now mix in some dragon rushes to keep them guessing. Also throw out assists at the end of blockstrings.

Holy fuck bud, are we the same person? I wanted to like Krillin and Fat Buu too. I'm still using Piccolo but I'm so close to switching him out

Just use them anyway. The difference between tiers isn't that great and most of the characters are pretty similar so there's a lot of crossover. Unless you're at the very high end of the ladder you'll be fine as long as you're good. Use who you want.

The thing is, we don't seem to enjoy how they play. Also, whether or not we are elite players, picking a character like Cell is going to be a much different experience from shitty piccolo

no one blocks iad j.h iad j.h online. they block maybe the first one, but never the second. especially if you call some assist that makes it hard to see shit.

damn, would be cool if she looked more like a cocktail of all the dna

>fight a nigger
>win, was a good fight most of the time
>get matched against him again
>job hard

AAAAAAAAAAAA
NOW HE THINKS I SUCK
SHIT

How do I play nappa?

How do I deal with Ginyu?

Why do people with shit connections even bother playing?

10 frame delay?
Seriously? Fuck off

>A CONNECTION ERROR HAS OCCURED
>YOU HAVE LEFT THE LOBBY

Why are Yamcha's normals so bad? His 5M has a million years of startup, and his 2M has like the worst range in the game.

call beam, go in hard and plant them niggas. 2 touch kills. blow up mashers with super armor.

>>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:

how does this work? do you replace files or just use it while playing?

Out of sheer curiosity, how do people blockstring in games without assists?

While it's question hour, how do I block properly?
How do I anticipate overheads and sweeps mid combo and react in time?

thanks

Have good assists. Learn his combos and DHCs. Go hard in the corner. Throw out saibamen when safe.

>match 2
>down 0-1
>guy is about to win, I have a sliver of health
>You have been disconnected
>guy probably thinks I quit

Just block low by default because sweeps can come out quickly from a standing position. Most characters don't have standing overheads (universal 6M pops you into the air) so you can just react to them, as they're slow. Then immediately go back to crouch blocking.

how the fuck did this game get so popular? It's easily the best fighting game ever since capcom decided to go full retard

dragon ball appeal, even basic combos make it look cool, easy to pick up

alright, thank you
mvci and sfv was a big disappointment to people, and this is a fighting game tied with a very popular franchise. it's also more beginner friendly to learn than other fighting games.

how balanced are the tiers? Are we at SSB levels of bullshit or are all characters actually viable?

Please tell me they aren't really adding base Goku and Vegeta. That's such a waste.

The models in game are probably from the story mode but we're definitely getting them as lobby avatars

currently it isn't out of the question for the not so great characters to be played, but any fighting game without balance updates will reach super tier whore levels eventually.
they recently datamined and found out a costume icon for color select. So the base goku and vegeta found in the game's files before might be costumes rather than full characters.

No idea. I am new, but I'm sure someone will answer

>Base Goku over SSJ Goku
>Instead of going Super Saiyan 3, he goes Kaioken

>Kaioken x4 Kamehameha

reminder that saiyaman

literally everyone loves dragonball z
game looks fucking amazing
easy to pick up, decently hard to master

no other competition, especially for the PC

It's pretty balanced.
There are some characters that needs downtuning (Kid Buu, Black, Adult Gohan, Cell) and some that needs to be buffed a bit (Gotenks, Krillin, Teen Gohan, Ginyu, Piccolo) but it's not anything major.
You can definitely just pick your favorites for a team and make it work until you hit the tryhard tiers. Finding a characters' gameplay style that you click with is much more important than just choosing flavor of the month expecting to win.

Who do you guys run into the most online? Maybe it's one of you guys I keep seeing

is why nobody can take Gohan seriously

>dbz
>serious

>favorite DB character is future trunks
>love big bodies and grapplers, A16 fits the bill
>just started watching Super and love Beerus
picking my team was easy

How the fuck do I beat square mashers? I put in hours and hours of training, awesome hit/yamcha pressure strings and mixups, but fuck me if I drop the string or go for a WFF cross up cause these fuckers are already slamming that box button to do near full health combos

Okay this made me laugh. Here's the trailer for the game in Japan
>youtube.com/watch?v=-gcYZOvkLIQ
And here's the west
>youtube.com/watch?v=BnyUyug0li8

I love you nips but holy shit I'll never understand you guys

what was wrong with it? besides not showing off the story mode.

thats really interesting actually. the jap one is advertising it a a DBZ game in the fighting genre wheras the western one is advertising it like a fighting game based around dbz.

personally i like the nip one more

personally I thought their music completely missed the mark, guess it's just me though

Block until they do the unsafe special 3rd hit, then mash square yourself.

it's a song from dbz, the ending theme to the majin buu arc

That's a DBZ opening song

>rediscover my love of db
>decide to visit /a/ for the first time
>they tell me to kill myself for liking the dub
but the english is god tier...

>we are angels
>missed the mark

And that's how I know you prefer the Falconer soundtrack

just ignore them then, it's what you like better

>not liking We Were Angels

Secondaries leave

Yeah they should've used a song from the show, like this youtube.com/watch?v=IUPlSZcvHzM

dbz is not a weeb anime so the faggots on /a/ have no bearing whatsoever. EVERYONE likes dbz and EVERYONE in the west likes the dub more. dont worry.

oh color me surprised, never heard that before
yeah I'm gonna go ahead and lurk now that my foot is in my mouth

>not watching canon with falconer and all filler with jap ost

pleb

I've become surprised how slow the game gets at the higher ranks
Like these past few games I've actually almost got time over

It's super hard footsies and general reaction

It's making me sweat real bad
Is this how pro's feel all the time?

>admitting you like dubs on /a/
You only have yourself to blame.

/a/ has an unhealthy obsession with japanese, it's actually hilarious easy to bait them

When I knock someone down, how come sometimes they bounce up in the air when they tech? How come sometimes they tech but stay on the ground? How do I know when they are going to instantly bounce back up or when they will stay down so I can meaty them?

I love that feeling. You get used to it and then it feels like you are entering a state of hyper-focus instead of panicking.

you can choose to stay on the floor for longer so the opponent won't know exactly when to start pressuring you again.

>I am a mere grey fag
>Get matched with yellow
>get raped

if you do this wrong you get fucked by a bunch of stuff though, sometimes you need to tech

kek thats funny as fuck
unironically though, goku going super saiyan for the first time is boring without this

youtube.com/watch?v=tU5EMlT3Uzw
english is just so much better

>ultra instinct

It's not "an obsession with japanese".
Dubs over subs is for retarded children no matter where you're from.

exactly, you can choose when or how to tech based on situation, it's really your call whether or not to do this.

How do I disengage after blocked?

I try jjumping but I can see this biting me in the ass

How do I get the most out out of 18? Her and 17 are my favourite characters so I want to use her and I do generally do well but nothing beyond standard bnb shit I could do with almost anyone else.

I only ever use 17 on knockdown when I have no meter because he's otherwise too slow to come out and leaves 18 wide open,the command grab is waaaay too slow and I rarely use the barrier (only when the enemy is super predictable)

dont sleep on majin buu. this fucker gonna be terrorizign people soon as everyone starts tier whoring and get tired of the saiyans. 17f overhead that is + on block and combos with assists into 50/50 mixups.

Base Goku has a lot of moveset potential. Base Vegeta doesn't have a lot going for him though.

>First game of the day
>I'm in Super Saiyan rank
>Get matched up with Namekian player

Makes me feel like a big man

you play 18 by putting the opponent into a hard knockdown state in the corner and then use constant pressure with 17 and assists.

SHHHHH don't tell them.

I need a third for Trunks and Vegeta. Piccolo isn't pulling his weight.

is it ok to just quit a match the second it goes to 19 frame delay for more than a couple of seconds

You're fine

Fuck anyone who plays this game underwater
Literally anti-fun

sure, but not too much, unless you want a purple name.