/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous thread: Redirect to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Splatoon 2 Map Schedules: splatoon2.ink/
Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

>News
Challenger wins the latest JP Splatfest!
Next EU Splatfest is gherk-out vs. gherkins! Playable 02/10 2pm BST – 02/11 2pm BST
.96 Gal Deco is available for purchase! Sub: splash wall; Special, splashdown
Arowana Mall is now playable!

>Wiki
splatoonwiki.org/

>Patch notes
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/~/how-to-update-splatoon-2

>Big S2 gear & weapon lists (contains unreleased weapons)
leanny.github.io/splat2/
leanny.github.io/splat2/newgear.html

>Loadout planner with weapons, gear, abilities, and stat calculations
loadout.ink/

>List of possible main abilities for gear from Splatnet so far
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18ip1HahYq8DRZRgSEXoRqa915aThLXPb79AFF91HCe4/edit#gid=0

>League weapon usage data
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k78z_Nz7xDXcSSK5lCtNMKwNE0tRea_vHf6cavl8KLI/edit#gid=255836450

>Add your FC to the list of FC below:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

>List of FC:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/35ftGTG6
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm back looking for them SCU Trail Boots.
Who got me?

Good evening anons. Storyanon here with a very special delivery for you all. Just as I’ve hinted at, I present to you all the prologue. Starting tonight, each day I will be posting a chapter all leading to a grand finale on Valentine’s day.

Now, before I go on I do have something to confess. This was not a solo work, but rather a group of anons I was lucky enough to work with. We all chipped in, providing support for one another in this story’s creation. I thank all of them for their work and I hope to continue working with them in future projects.

Now, onto the juicy bits. To be fair, this prologue is actually the shortest section of the overall story, containing only a single pairing. It seemed fitting that the two OCs that kickstarted this madness would be the ones to start an orgy to begin with. So without further adieu, I’ll let Slut and Schoolgirl entertain you all.

pastebin.com/35ftGTG6

Oh, and remember. Share the love~

u suck tho gaygay

off to a good start

Hello hello

Looking forward to it.

typical wut

All sub weapons now have a super powered, Special weapon version and vice versa. For example, a powered up Splash Wall deploys a showerhead that creates a giant circle of barriers.
What else gets to happen?

It begins

>each day
Holy shit, man. That's a lotta effort from everybody who worked on this. God bless.

Very nice storyanon

That's lewd as fuck. Bet it'll lead to some good material.

is there any fresh content here that isn't propelled/supported by degeneracy?

>ywn be chad
Man, it's not fair

I'd post in the thread if I knew when you played…
>Kagay
Nevermind

Role-playing is always fun

Doesn't everyone in this general call you Kagay? Kier even went the extra mile and called you Gaygay.

There's some sfw comics and art but the majority of /ink/ content is extremely lewd.

play league with me decadoooo or someone else

Sure keir

This is a true statement. Some is safe, but most is lewd. Hopefully, we get some more safe work in the future.

it's just
there's no imagination to anything
if i was a more confident artist i'd do some lore shit but that's probably kinda niche

I plan on doing sfw to soft /e/ tier slice of life commissions in the near-ish future. Plus never know what other anons are cooking up. Surprises around every corner here.

who dis

It's a general. They're all degeneracy because they're all relatively small niche communities filled with autists who play that one particular game so much that they have gone over all of there is to talk about and just resort to OCs and lewding. Even MMOs and MOBAs that are regularly updated are like this.
If you want a community that doesn't do this, all memeing aside, I'd say join a discord or go to reddit. They're humorless, fun-hating fucks but hey, it's not rping degens at least if it bothers you so much.

my hand slipped and hit the a key

You know who. The one that gets made fun of next to you and dot

Oh hey, the cuck

>Try to use callie amiibo
>She's too "busy" to show up
Busy doing what? What could be more important than talking to me?

I left /ink/ for a week or so and everybody kept calling me gay. It stuck

>Go to Reddit
…and enjoy 10 posts a day

Sure that isn't a time frame

i bet they're cooking up more lewds
i'm in plenty of discords
rarely have problems with people being "humorless, fun-hating fucks" though

What kind of stuff do you have in mind? People generally think with their dicks but I doubt you're the only one who would like more SFW content. Let's spitball ideas, user!

Oh hey, the heretic. How was your day

ew no

>be tolerable /ink/fag
>join discord
>succumb to attention whoring and shit posting
Why does this happen? What is it about discord that makes people turn?

>and enjoy 10 posts a day
Yeah, but I guess they're just going to have to see which one is preferable--10 posts a day, or watching autists rp while everyone fights about autists rping.
I was primarily talking about Reddit with the humorless thing.

Rude

Giving me a tentacle job

I mostly play around 10pm-3 am mst and rarely in the afternoon. sometimes I don't play for a few days at a time nowadays though. It really just depends if I have work to do or not desu

Are you talking about someone in particular?

more atmospheric art, or "slice of life" like an user had mentioned a few posts ago
somethiiiiing that incorporates the inklings/whomever within their environment, and shows how they might think about or interact with an object/idea
like, idk, prepping for a battle
heck, even shopping
going to a concert? hell yeah, put some ragtag group of sea critters on stage
i just want...more
more than a cute portrait

ah, my bad. my brain just... ignored the mention of reddit, t b h.

I’d love some art of my yebby just busking on the corner with inklings walking by.

>Challenger wins the latest JP Splatfest!
I really hope the Japs carry Marina to victory in the final splatfest.

>tfw no one will ever enjoy playing this much with you
What's the secret?

I love the idea of just a few art pieces for a majority of the OCs, just putting a few of them that seem compatible in the same setting and seeing how they mesh. There's so many, it would be great to see how they'd get along. Or hell, actually giving them personalities to a degree.

Oh, I get it, you want to delve more into the world of Splatoon itself, experience life as a teenager in a world of sea creatures. That honestly sounds like a lot of fun, though it'd take a lot of effort and there's nothing stopping the usual fanfare of people screaming autism, but who cares.
It'd be nice to work towards that, lewd is fun and all but I personally don't need to get off all the time.

I had something in mind like that for the Museum stage but got a few things ahead of that but smaller sol pieces could be done in the mean time. I like the idea of squids shopping or hanging out at an arcade or something like that.

Considering the life cycle that they may be planning for the switch, that would be what, 3-4 years away?

4 years of splatfests, wew lad

Also KIER what's your general rates for actual comics? As in, multiple squid comics.

We're getting Splatfest for 2 years. We have about a year and a half left I imagine.

Fuck yes, I’d love some serious worldbuilding art. I’d adore a panaramic of the square with various /ink/lings going about there day, interacting with friends.

that opens up the possibility for so many interesting facial expressions or body language
i wouldn't be bothered by them at all if they had more going for them than "they like this one thing and that's why we call them by this name", which is practically smothered by the lewding imo
yeah, that's basically it. i feel there's a lot more freedom for content in that regard, and portraying something mundane doesn't mean it's not cute!
i'd like to see what you had in mind!

Ya gotta be qt

This is my favorite type of fanart, you'd be my favorite drawfriend if you drew stuff like that

>a panoramic of the square with various /ink/lings

I remember when that was done for the first game's general. It was just a big ol drawing of a whole bunch of squids, all from one person. It was pretty spectacular.

i have no idea , what sort of comics? 4koma,etc. email me if you want to discuss anything

i used to draw a lot, but depression kinda stole that from me
i try to get myself to draw from time to time, and it's usually squid related since that's basically been my life for the past 2+ years
i've considered asking for an inkling to draw from the thread, but didn't want to disappoint anyone if i lost my motivation or if it didn't turn out well
also, i don't have anything to make digital art with

You're not cute.

>tfw you want to play with /ink squids, but feel you'll get fucked over by joycon issues

I assume the one on your twitter. I'll lob you a note of a dumb thought, then we can talk prices.

I liked that, but it felt too static. Like a planned photo of everyone standing still for the camera. Imagine just a wide shot of the various /ink/lings doing whatever.

>Art busking in the corner with Milf nearby
>Sweets, Green, Slut, Schoolgirl and Tennis at the table laughing and having fun
>Hunter, Milky, Buttslut, And Yandere walking out of the lobby
>Hoodrat sneaking around Sean’s cart
>Weeb and Hip-Hop in one of the shops looking at books and CDs
>Vidya and Scientist arguing with stacks of paperwork for shellendorf

And the list goes on.

I'm back from my forced vacation from Veeky Forums, /ink/! Someone in the last thread mentioned me, I've been busy but hopefully soon I can draw again.

The core idea is a squib field trip to Shellendorf

Yeah that would be awesome to see

>forced vacation from Veeky Forums

Were you being a naughty squid?

>"they like this one thing and that's why we call them by this name"
To be fair, their relatively vague characters are kind of what make a lot of them memorable imo. If you really just treat the whole lewd element as headcanon shit, there's a lot of room for growth as characters. Like Speedy. "She's fast," and "She likes Biker" is all we know about her. Maybe she was on track team or whatever equivalent, she delivers pizzas on foot, etc. Hell, this is the reason why Nerd is steadily becoming my favorite OC, since it lends itself to so much creativity based solely on the fact that her one-note is "She's a nerd." And that provokes a lot of questions about the world and her. Same with cowgirl, actually.

Do any of you actually have a name for your squid?

>all these dumb faces trying to peer over each other at the Cool Stuff
>squibpiling on sheldon
i can get behind this idea

Yes

Like beyond their /ink/ given OC name? I've toyed around with the idea but never took it seriously.

I always called Nerd "Penelope" in my head

now this is some good shit

I can confirm a couple squids do have actual names. Only 7 I know, including what I’d consider as my OC, and all of them for the sake of the story.

Well then it's time to spill the spoilered beans, buddy.

>Penelope
As in Peleope Pitstop?

Yes

What's the meaning and difference between ink speed and handling for rollers, buckets, etc?

You either die as user, or browse long enough to become a discordfag.

The shoot cereal loving woomy does indeed have an actual name

I always imagined Scientist yebby to be Stevie

i drew my splat1 squid a lot, but a name never occurred to me
same with my splat2 squid
but now that you mention it... i'll have to think of some names that hopefully fit, at least for my own autistic satisfaction

Well 5 should be common knowledge based off the greentexts and other content I’ve come across.
>Slut
Clementine
>Schoolgirl
Kayla
>Tennis
Sesame
>Green
Kombu
>Milf
Naomi

Sadly, the rest in the story kept their moniker or a nickname since I felt something like that should be left to their owner. And as for the other 2, well, just keep your eye out for the chapter updates.

My squigga.

Scientist actual name is Orion. Named after the constellation of Orion

i hope you feel better. these things take time and thats okay.
nobodys going to fault you if it doesnt turn out perfect or you are unable to deliver. it's a sweet gesture and if you dont take the request maybe some other user might gain the courage to do it instead. if youre too afraid to ask, just drawing any random squiddo from the thread is appreciated.
paper and pencil is just fine but if you want to start with digital art and have a phone, the easiest way is just to invest on a stylus and learn on there.
keep soldiering on buddy. cgpeers has a lot of art resources you can learn from

>Clementine
Such a classy name for such a slutty woomy

Sweets' name is Noel.

I always imagined Veeky Forumsrench to be named Celine, but I'm not her maker

Greenzip's name is Katsu

I don't think Veeky Forumsrench Woomy's creator has been around in a hot minute. Someone should claim her like I plan to claim Mecha Woomy.

I had no idea what to call Biker back then, but I felt Kurt was the best name that worked for him. I mentioned it a hell of a long time ago but never again. If anyone remembered at this point, I'd be real surprised.

it would be better to let Veeky Forumsrench rest
even tho my woomy and her are pretty similar

Creativity test, /ink/
Give a single, non-lewd, interesting fact about an OC that you could honestly see being true.
e.g., Bunny got her tentacle style from hearing rough descriptions of rabbits pre-flood and tried to replicate their ears.

>2 out of 3 on a pure

You did alright tonight Murch

Scientist is also into history and studying ancient human technology. He has drones exploring the North American Wasteland and European Wasteland.

I've decided on a name for Weeb and it will be Joy. I just caught wind of this happening and wanted to stop by and see if I wasn't too late.

Slut woomy wears the beret her grandsquid wore when they were in the military who she really looks up to

this is.......wholesome

I'll one up you and do 3
>Scientist and Vidya
Coworkers that hate each other. Scientist sees Vidya's lackadaisical approach during work as distasteful while Vidya sees Scientist as full of himself as lead researcher.
>Weeb and Hip-Hop
I've got loads, but a simple one is they live vicariously through each other. Work, hobbies, even each other's love life.
>Buttslut and Yandere
They live alone together because their parents are too busy with work. Yandere's brocon tendencies are from Buttslut playing house with her all the time when they were squibs.

-Hunter leaves his bandaids on long after the wound has healed, he sometimes takes them off much to the chagrin of those around him.
-Schoolgirl looks up to Slut Woomy, prior to meeting her, Schoolgirl was actually extremely bored with her life but didn't know what to do about it
-Literally everybody is nice to Special Woomy. Anyone who's not is firmly outsted from hanging out with the /ink/lings.
-Sweets helped Green out of her Dark Green phase, and Green helped Sweets when she felt neglected after Milf began spending more time with Art over her.

it's not, I'll make changes, though now I need Kier for the names of his squids.