youtube.com/watch?v=s4D42vMUSIM

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

Last thread

first for randy rats

Awaken, my ancestors!

This is the ideal Bretonnian knight. You may not like it, but this is what peak chivalry looks like.

I N D E P E N D E N C E

comfy peasant edition

>The flesh eaters court

Made me curious to see what new miniatures there are, or at least I never really paid attention to sigmarines after the initial release

Good god those names alone just have to be in faux latin and they would be truly 40k in fantasy.

G O B L I N S

The Stormcast? Their names are a bit silly, but some of them are okay. The new engineer-lord is a great general for a mixed Empire/Dwarf army.

white men

I really hoped the rumor Arkhan got Morghasts was true. They're so cool looking. Hopefully WH3 gets an End Times DLC.

What the hell is that

Just unbreakable Orion left of his gay little army.

We could just mob him down, but let's be sporting and challenge him to a nice fair archery duel instead.

Nagash's undead bodyguards/captains. They're resurrected and corrupted servants of Ptra, and the dark magic infused in them helps stop crumbling in nearby undead.

Are greatbow ushabti really as good as everyone says? I haven't picked up the dlc yet
Seems like the damage wouldn't really make up for their tiny unit size

They're quite effective against monsters, basically being a rapid firing bolt thrower, but the large amount of them makes them effective against infantry as well. They're a solid ranged option.

He did not win.

Yep! Favorite TK unit. They're basically mobile, tanky, arc-firing siege weapons.

Range is huge, they're tall so they can easily fire over shit, and I think their arrows splash a bit. Love them.

They already said multiple times there will be no End Times stuff in any of the games.

Yeah well he looks like a dumb idiot I'd beat his ass.

Spooked up Ushabti

King... in the dirt...

Really? I'd think that would be missed potential, with all the awesome stuff that came out of End Times, like Nagash, Neferata, Glottkin/Blightkings, the Aesterion, Stormfiends, Thanquol and Big Boneripper, Vlad's countship, and Balthasar Gelt: Necromancer.

>I think their arrows splash a bit. Love them.
They do. They're basically a unit of bolt throwers

don't forget immortals xD

What? You mean the whole incarnates thing? That could be cool, like LL +1. Only problem would be the imbalance between factions.

NIGGAS IFFY UH

BLICKY GOT THE STIFFY UH

GOT BLICKY UH

What is this supposed to mean?

POP THESE NIGGAS LIKE A WHEELIE NIGGA

YOU A SILLY NIGGA

IN THE HOOD WIT THEM BILLY NIGGAS AND THEM HOOVER NIGGAS

Probably don't have the licencing for it since a lot of them bleed over into AOS

Also divisive

Is this some kind of /realniggahours/ posting? I don't think this belongs in /twg/.

It still makes me sad. Nagash deserves to get in.

imminent falseflag

leaked Total War: Britannia screenshot

China

Should I go army stats or grimgor stats early game?
Not really sure what to do with him

How are dirty frenchmen supposed to fight the Tomb Kings?

Through blessings of ze lady

They need a nerf

The answer is always "cavalry charge". Seriously. Why do people ask this?

>reiklander subhumans itt

We need a /twg/ version of this

hey
hey /twg/
hey
ancient empires

gotrek and felix when

what is that? some sort of pre-Empire, Era of Sigmar DLC?

dont forget medieval kingdoms and rise of mordor

September 2016!

> Icehorn marauders (Orghotts' tribe) are a Norscan RoR
> Dragonbone marauders (Gutrot's tribe) are Norscan retainers
> Gelt gets Quicksilver
> Great Horned Rat is based on the ET Verminlord model
> Arkhan has his ET model
I feel like the shying away from ET is more of a choice than a requirement. It's a perfectly reasonable choice, but I think it's fine if they pick at stuff from ET so long as it's not story content. Hell, I wouldn't even mind individual units from that-which-shall-not-be-named, some of them have alright models/fluff.

Stirlander masterrace then?

>tfw Wissenlander

This has reminded me how much i wish that modder for the cool as fuck provincial reskins would update already. Wanna play me some empire without being boring reikland

Steel Faith is actually pretty fun. It's too bad so many of the new events were clearly written by people who don't have English as a first language.

Those shields look crisp

Vermintide 2 has stormfiends. I wouldn't mind seeing them in TWW.

>everyone is stubborn
>everyone makes a good friend
not much point in this one, save for
>the Empire
>white

The Lore of Nehekhara is quite boring to be honest with its lack of AoE spells.

And the spell that buffs your archers, it says 'Augment Area', but I can only buff one ally with it. Is this right?

which one?
If you're talking apollo, he's not coming back for 6 months

Wait what thie fuck. Ostlanders looks like Mongols. And Hochlanders and Talabeclanders like slavs.

we ostlanders are sigmar's heirs too

FUUUUCK!

Okay so my load times are absurd in Warhammer. I looked around and the most common answer is to get a single state drive. Can anybody confirm thats worth it? The launcher says my driver is out of date but ot isnt.

Also game question, what should i do with empire halbardiers? I was trying to flank with them but they get shot up if i dont stick them straight in. How do they stack up against sword or axe infantry? Should i just get them stuck in?

Do you really need more than one vortex and that one slowing spell? You expend all your power during a battle anyway with those.

Try closer to tabletop aswell if SFO is your thing.I've been playing with SFO since it came out but some things are pretty weird(i.e income is buggy at times and I lose money for no reason)

I confirm SSD is worth it and the game is borderline unplayable without it especially if you don't want to autoresolve 95% of battles.

Ssd is goat and mandatory for TW. I have bug or whatever with launcher saying that drivers are out of date too.

Always have been friendo. Didn't know that? The provinces of the empire are diverse as fuck. Feel kind of sorry for the Moot living next to the Averlanders, fucking whacky pomps.

It's night and day m8, just get one.

And not only load times, but turn times are a fair bit quicker too.

The Holy Roman Empire was basically Germany + Eastern Europe so... Yeah.

no it wasn't

try turning down all of your graphics to the most minimum and seeing how the load times go. iirc textures are the biggest culprits.

ALSO, I don't know when you installed the game, but my load times went up 200% when I moved the game files from my original OS drive to a separate 7200 RPM HDD (the same). Either my old drive was shit (it was p old) or re-consolidating the files for the first time after the 3 expansions came out helped the load times.

Side-note: WH2 loads VERY VERY fast in comparison to WH1 is v nice.

>load times went up

FFFi meant went DOWN. moving the files helped sped up the loading.

>2018
>Not having an SSD

What is best Dukedom? And why?

>Also game question, what should i do with empire halbardiers? I was trying to flank with them but they get shot up if i dont stick them straight in. How do they stack up against sword or axe infantry? Should i just get them stuck in?

Halberdiers are your first early game armor busters and have the same defensive qualities of a spear, with bonus offensive capability. They can be used to flank but unless you're attacking something armored and large it's not worth it. Where they really shine is on the main battle line where their high melee defense and troop numbers mean they can hold hard and fast, while still dishing out damage to heavily armored enemies. Not to mention repelling cavalry charges. Their only real weakness is missle fire due to their lack of shields and low armor.

Use them as your anvil, they'll be a core unit there into late game. In fact, barring lords with particular proclivities towards greatswords or heavy armored troops (like Franz and Gelt) halberdiers should make up the majority of your infantry, since without buffs a greatswords lower melee defense makes them less viable as a front line unit

>Hopefully WH3 gets an End Times DLC.
Get out.
>with all the awesome stuff that came out of End Times
There wasn't anything "awesome", my underage friend.
They literally dropped lore and stories and started pulling whatever the fuck they want, because they knew they're gonna make the world explode anyway, and basically all of it was the definition of "asspull" The introduced models were 90% pants on heads retarded for the same reasons, or just AOS previews anyway.

And last but not least, TWWH is for many people something of a refugee zone from ET, where the old world can live on. ET ends with the world exploding no matter what, so introducing it, kinda removes the purpose of fighting in the first place. Dont forget that ET is an event distinctively designed to remove the setting, so they can introduce AOS. Why would CA be interested in removing or destroying the setting? Thats a rhetorical question btw.

Makes perfect sense in WH universe though. Who's gonna care about people having a different skin color or facial features if you have monsters that kill humans on sight to blame your miseries on?

I just launched the juiciest eagle bolt I’ve ever manually shot. I got the thrower up next to the battleline and fired it into the Druchii fucking shits. I think I killed 50 of them.

frogs were meant to be incorporated by sigmar, but they were too attached to bullying peasantry

dont forget that reddit (thankfully) hates it and campaigns against the end times at any given chance.
only people interested are newcomers who ask about it because they wanna know whats going on, but they are getting redpilled pretty quickly

Is here even a reason to keep Lothern Sea Guard when Phoenix Guard are available? I guess there’s the shields and spears, but Phoenix Guard are even better at withstanding charges while having better... Well, everything.

Because they look cool

$$$

>tfw realize end times is shit but still want Skelepope to be a lord

Stormfiends are good though.

Can you recommend non ET fantasy battles books? I downloaded a huge collection but it's difficult to navigate. I read Malus series, Gotrek and Felis series and end times sieries.

Total War is about changing history, so End Times would be perfect. Besides, most of the weird lore stuff from ET wouldn't make it into the game

Bogpill me on the AOS meme any why was it pushed so hard, besides hard cash?

no they're retarded
nagash's new model was literally the only thing that was somehow decent because he always deserved to come back. but sadly it was during the aos preview

>End times
>GW finally remember that Gorfang Rotgut exists
>They kill him off
>It's not Kazador who does it
>Kazador is killed in an unrelated battle

WFB was selling like shit. GW figured a hard reboot with all new rules was the best option. It also served as a testing bed for new rules to implement into 40k 8e.

It was a successful gamble. AoS revived the community in a lot of places, but most importantly is making a lot more monry than fantasy did in the 5 years prior to it's death.

>no they're retarded
Nah, they fit Skaven perfectly

>a lot more monry than fantasy did in the 5 years prior to it's death.
But why? Isn't is shit? Or is it only hated because it killed off different setting throught retarded transition?

>so End Times would be perfect
No it wouldn't be. That only makes the event even more retarded. Its not history. What part of "marketing event to transition people from one game to the other" dont you understand?
GW would never ever allow anyone to change that. Despite the fact its literally designed to end the world. Introducing it and then having it changed, makes the whole thing moot, and would in the best case, leave the world fucked as well, just in a different way

>AoS revived the community in a lot of places
It was even better - it made the smelly fat grubby fantasy greybeards fuck off, leaving only the fresh faced eager smooth skinned doe eyed new breed to play the game with me >:)

>nagash's new model was literally the only thing that was somehow decent
I honestly prefer the old clownface model, can't get behind Nagash's new armor with sleek bone leggings etc.

A shame, since I have a huge chaos dorf born fetish for huge hats, but I really wish they'd stuck to the old robes and just made a better sculpted model instead of making him look like he gave such a shit about aesthetics.

He was teased at being on the verge of awakening for over a decade, they're not obliged to go full retard with End Times lore just to add him.

>Ranged weapons
>Fitting Skaven perfectly
I miss the days when skaven were another no-ranged army where, if you were feeling adventurous, you might have a warpfire thrower and a jezzail or 3, but no one took jezzails because fuck jezzails.

4th edition skaven best skaven, GW fucked up when they got the skryre boner that plagued the faction ever since.

Pretty much. It is a better game than WFB 8e overall, but is very different, which alienated a lot of hardcore 8e players. However, it brought back a lot of older players, and keeps bringing in new ones. due to its potential lower cost of entry.
Killing the old setting sucked, but the new one is growing on me a lot.