/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Deleted tweet edition

/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Dec 20] Luma3DS 9.0 commits several lingering tweaks, including open source modules into a new stable release. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

>Switch
[Feb 4] Not sure what this is, github.com/iDaN5x/Switcheroo
[Jan 8] fail0verflow have announced shofEL2, a coldboot exploit for Nvidia Tegra. wololo.net/2018/01/08/fail0verflow-announce-coldboot-exploit-nintendo-switch-say-interesting-times-ahead/
[Jan 8] kgsws has released a homebrew launcher UI, which is compatible with Pegaswitch and therefore 3.0.0 only. wololo.net/2018/01/08/nintendo-switch-kgsws-releases-homebrew-launcher-gui/
[Jan 3] qlutoo has posted an image of a Homebrew launcher GUI. More info coming on February 1st. twitter.com/qlutoo/status/948690228763680768
[Jan 2] New product by Team Xecuter will hack "any Switch" and be "absolutely future-proof". There are no details for now, but it's probably a modchip. It's coming out this spring. team-xecuter.com/team-xecuter-coming-to-your-nintendo-switch-console
[Dec 28] plutoo, derrek and naehrwert held a lecture at 34c3. switchbrew.github.io/34c3-slides/

>Vita
[Dec 28] ReNpDrm and ReStore released. wololo.net/2017/12/28/restore-updated-to-beta-42/

>PS4
[Feb 4] HABBEDING ALERT - FW 5.0 IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS reddit.com/r/ps4homebrew/comments/7v8p8q/volodymyr_pikhur_recon_2018_presentation_fw50/
[Jan 8] Flatz has published a writeup wololo.net/2018/01/08/flatz-writeup-ps4-package-files-open-console-convenient-native-homebrews-piracy/

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/iDaN5x/Switcheroo
github.com/LiveOverflow/lo_nintendoswitch
hirobyte.com/archivos/easymode9.zip
hax.b4k.co/3ds/unban
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OP FORGOT TO UPDATE THE NEWS
5.X HACK RELEASED HOW THE FUCK IS THIS NOT HEADLINE

5.0 WHEN?

ps3 slim when

RADIANT HISTORIA LEAK IS OUUUUUUTT

Nobody cares, not even you.

Remind me again after the dlc is dumped.

I have the EUR Demo of Radiant Historia, will the stuff from the demo transfer over to a USA copy of the game?

>still no 3.61+ Vita
>PS4 stuck on 4.05 with the newest game being Gravity Rush 2
>Switch stuck on 1.0.0 until Xecuter saves us

This sucks.

>[Feb 4] Not sure what this is, github.com/iDaN5x/Switcheroo
Plagiarism from this: github.com/LiveOverflow/lo_nintendoswitch
It's useless. Use PegaSwitch instead.

Uninstall USUM update 1.2 and PKSM right now
This is not a drill

>tfw the us game leaked
>tfw have to wait for the undub
Being a piratefag is suffering

Could some kind user please point me to a LFCS I could use?

>Updated to 1.2 last night to redeem a code
>Check online today
Literally nothing happened, fuck off

Eat shit then, asshole.

Yeah, I'm the alarmist asshole.

Reminder that the spic easymod9 actually has a preloaded working seed when using the unban option. In otherwords it autoreplace it with the banned one.

Does anyone have a spare localfriend code b or know where to find one?

Wanna play some MH and am banned, would appreciate the help,

FUCK NINTENDO T B H

Spoonfeed me mate

>PS4 stuck on 4.05 with the newest game being Gravity Rush 2
Not for long, it won't .

IT'S HABBENING!

Here you go
hirobyte.com/archivos/easymode9.zip
Placethe EasyMode9.firm file in luma>payloads , Hold START + Boot , load EasyMode9 , go in "otras optiones",then"desbanear" , then "error 002-0102" , follow the instructions and done. The whole favorite number thing is just a front to make you feel special or something. Just pick whatever the hell you want. 1, 2, 35, whatever. Its just like some self script inside the firm that unloads the seed where it needs to be and replaces your old one. Is automated after following instructions

new seed when

But is it currently working?

Is that supposed to be a real tweet?

>tfw still no 3.61
JUST FUCKING END IT REEEEEEEEEEE. END THIS NEVEREVER TIMELINE REEEEEEEE.

If 3.61 came out in 5 hours I wouldn't even know what to do given I've bought everything I want on PS4 or PC by this stage.

Yeah. Somehow it is. For now

Can i play FinalMemeXV with 5.0? Intended to buy a ps4 when the hax is out.

Trust me when I tell you that you don't want to. That game was a trainwreck that only a fujoshi could love.

B-but i want muh weebs game.

It was an actual tweet actually, which he deleted shortly after.

Huh but some user over /v/ told me it was all good and Tabata did a good job. He was arguing with the rest of the thread tho so I'm curious.

Why would you play it on the PS4 when it's about to be released on PC?

Look the post above you. You retard

Because fucking crypto meme makes my build unrealistic. I'm poor user.

They were either trolling you or it was an actual fujoshi. It is without a doubt the single worst Final Fantasy game to ever exist. And yes, I'm counting the XIII sequels. It's a Boy Band Road Trip Simulator.

Oh, then answering your question, you will be able to play it but won't have access to the latest updates, which are kind of important because they have been polishing the game and adding content since release.

I'm guessing he was trolling then? He should know what people expect seeing those kind of tweet.

Thanks user for the info. I guessnhe was trolling then. But to be even worse than XIII is really something. At least on PC i can just pirate it, but that crypto meme really make me rage. I hope it fucking crashed.

I know what I'd do.
Finally play my copy of Shantae: Half-Minute Genie.

Nah, he usually doesn't troll. He's probably done something and tries to hype it up by being secretive.

What is this Crypto meme you talk about, user?

How cryptomining has inflated the graphics card prices.

seems kinda fishy

Bitcoins were a fucking mistake.

Is it not possible to mine with processor? But seeing how processor price is not affected I'm guessing not.

GPUs are significantly more efficient for those kinds of bruteforce computations.

Do you think cryptomining will crash anytime soon? This can't be an stable market at all...
Is this the twilight of PC gaming for a while?

hax.b4k.co/3ds/unban
New seed up
Don't get it banned, fags

Too late.

Are you fucking serious?

Any of you guys know of a 7zip or winrar manager for ps3?

Works for me

>Now have a modded PS4 and legit PS4
>Just recently tried KH 2.8 prologue with Aqua shit was 9/10

What are some great PS4 games from 2013-2016 I should download and try out?

>Still expecting 3.61 in 2012+6
NEVER EVER. It's unhackable.

Could someone help me out here?
I'm wondering why when I make ISO copies of my PS3 games to my external HDD, why won't those ISO files appear in Windows? The PS3 plays them just fine, they're recognized just fine in multiman's file explorer, but as soon as I connect my external HDD to either one of my laptops, it acts like those ISO files simply don't exist, and for the life of me I can't figure out why.

Where to download ps4 games?

PS4HAX
Searching for torrents people are slowly uploading shit

You can even play PS2 games on it.

This was the first time my 3DS got banned, so what other measures should be taken to be safe? Already have the basics spotpass and friend list notification stuff turned off. Should things like freeshop be somewhere else that's not a cia on the home menu?

Anyone?

>keeping two consoles to hack one and play bought games on the other
What's the point of that? You're paying upwards of $300 for a second console, an amount you're unlikely to save considering how few games the PS4 has, not to mention that many of them are not even playable on 4.05.

Is not. I disect it myself and it was build with 1 seed and the process to automate rhe install with the scripts you can make in godmod. Nothing connects to the internet or needs to. Is just a modded godmod9

What kind of link is that? Do we have some sort of website to keep a eye out for seeds?

Trying to install NTRboot on my DSTT (on a DS lite). It has a flash chip marked FW320 which appears to be a Micron MT28F160A3, which is listed as "supported but untested" but when I run ds_ntrboot_flasher it gets to "Erasing Blocks 0%" and hangs there. When I restart, the card still has its normal functionality. Oh well.

>2TB external HDD with it's own power source
>250GB external HDD with Wii/GC games
>Unused 32GB SD Card

Do I need something else if I want to buy a cheap Wii U?

Wiimote and classic controller pro.

samefag

Well, I already have a Wii, so I have the wiimotes. Does the classic controller pro also works on Switch? I guess not, but idk.

that's a lot of space for what might as well be a small form factor PC

It does not.

I'm trying to play Persona 5 using irisman to load the ISO, but it gets stuck on the initial loading screen. Do I have to patch syscall8?

Does anyone know if getting a component cable for the Wii makes a big difference from the composite one? I've ordered one for PS2 and it's much better.

It'll make a bigger difference for the Wii than the PS2, since most (all?) Wii games support progressive scan and few PS2 games do.

The other day my PS3 controller went nuts and began doing random inputs.
I had the text "CFW Syscalls are already dissabled"

What does this mean?
the PS3 is a hands-me-down that was already hacked with Webman included

Thanks user. Wanted to play Skyward Sword, but whenever I see that shitty image quality I just drop the Wiimote and grab the 360 controller.
Do you have any recommendation?

When you want to go online it's a Good Idea™ to disable the system calls homebrews (and, by extension, games) can make which OFW doesn't allow. It's a security risk since a game can try to use these syscalls and ban you if they succeed.
Webman has a builtin combo to disable them until the next reboot (once disabled, a power cycle is needed to re-enable them) and if you try to do it again you see that message.

To elaborate, it began acting crazy after I inplugged the controller from the PS3 console's USB cable (the controller was charging)

It's just a cable, there's not much to consider in terms of makes you can buy.
If it's too cheap though it might be poorly shielded and experience interference so just go with what looks competently made.

Thanks. That's what I did for the PS2 one, but just wanted to be sure.

It seems like there may be some overlap in this thread and /wsr/ is fucking dead

Where do you lads get your PS3 ISOs?

downloadgameps3.com

getting ErrDisp erros with rosalina menu. am i fucked? googling the problem seems to be a HW issue

Uhh... that seems
Suspect
You sure it's okay?

wow sony is still banning hacked ps3s

It looks fishy but the links are legit

Cool. Appreciate it, user

Yep, I know it seems suspicious, but I've downloaded a buncha games from there since I got my PS3 in christmas. It's just a site archive with the games hosted on either Mega or Google Drive, I got the whole MGS series there.
Maybe it's because I'm using uBlock but it doesn't seem to be THAT fishy, url aside. Just a rando's blog with poor english skills.
That said, pkgs always have the fix too.

cool thanks. last time I tried to download nier it was corrupted so I hope this works

>tinfoilhat faggot
Your lost

I'm waiting for the buttons to arrive, then i'm going to rehouse my XL with this shell.

So far I have

>The shell
>Replacement top screen plastic guard
>Replacement touch screen digitizer
>Replacement sticks

All for less than $50

Was your XL in a ridiculous state of disrepair, or are you just replacing parts for the hell of it? If the latter, that $50 could probably have been better spent elsewhere.

It's scratched up pretty badly. Especially the touch screen and top screen. Cheaper than sending it to nintendo

none of it is guaranteed though those things might help, another one is just having the wifi off and freeshop doesn't matter

Is that matte finish? I fucking hate the XL's glossy plastic.

>Finding custom XL shells is easy
>Finding custom N3DS Lite faceplates is a nightmare despite being fucking made for customisation

I just want an 1080. Why lord why. I want to play The Last Story without framedrops.

Got a link for 2.8?

Is freeshops cache kill or something? Shit wont update anymore

>looking for n3ds faceplates on chink sites like aliexpress
>they cost as much as the official ones if not more
i just want to replace the almost destroyed top plate of my used n3ds