Because people keep making threads about him every goddamn day

He's incredibly biased

what

he's spooked out the wazoo

they do it because they want you to hate him

it's a meme thing

Care to elaborate?

it's a buzzword, don't take it seriously

Because he destroys their naive eurocentric, androcentric view of history.

...like almost every single historian ever?

I don't know if he completely destroys eurocentric views

Most of what he touches tend to be the western path of history, he tries to deviate but he doesn't succeed to often.

>implying Europe and east Asia aren't the only relevant regions in all of human history and prehistory

This

>any nonliberal opinion is eurocentric and androcentric

>What are Persians?

Persia is in Europe you retard

The Arabian and Muslim world is European, though they technically are on Asia.

Because his material isn't made for people interested the subjects he is going over. They are quick overviews of history for people in high school which is fine. But people here scrutinize him like he is serious historian.

muh Alexander
muh Human Geography

It's one thing to "Scrutinize" him too much, it's another one when what he says is wrong on the surface.

He's a cuck.

Well I mean sometimes he is plainly wrong, but that is expected when doing high-school history and keeping the material simple.

Provide an example.

youtube.com/watch?v=MRYzW3BSj0I
in this video, Green says that the HRE was not holy, nor roman, nor an empire, but in fact the emperor was crowned by the pope making it holy, was the continuation of the roman empire therefore roman, and consisted of many states of varying culture and ethnicity, making it an empire.

That's the only thing you can find that he said that was untrue?

I'm beginning to think there is nothing wrong with this guy and it's just a /pol/ meme because of "muh liberals"

>an example

His fucking voice.

It just annoys me that there aren't any more channels like his only without the agenda. I mean there are some but it's mostly just a guy talking to the camera for 40 minutes.

what agenda?

It's a joke you fucking faggot.

Literally his most used meme "Except for the mongols" is wrong basically every time he says it.

In fact I defy you to name me a time he uses it where it's not wrong.

Being the same as any other modern textbook. Safe, pc and not free of actual historical myths and mistakes.

He thinks Macedonian success was due to the "invention" of the sarissa when really it was due to the training needed for the phalanx formation.

>was the continuation of the roman empire therefore roman
An argument can be made for Charlemagne but Otto's empire was anything but Roman.

i think it's the point, though. like the whole thing was originally made with AP World History in mind.

I don't watch his videos, what does he say about the Mongols that's wrong?

Says that much of what westerners know about history in the west is very Eurocentric (not wrong) whilst adding many of his own biases in his own limited interpretations. John would fit right in here at Veeky Forums.

They're the only ones to invade Russia successfully, they build great cities while simultaneously being nomads which no other nation has ever done, the mongols are the only nomads who never settled into cities (And of course the corollary that the mongols never settled into cities), the persian empire became the model for all land based empires except for the mongols (WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?), and so on and so forth.

>They're the only ones to invade Russia successfully
If he means ALL of Russia inside a few generations he's right, but that's moving the goalposts.

I dislike him because his numale cuckery tend to ooze on the subject material he discussing. To paraphrase: "sorry ladies, world history will have very few roasties to talk about. The paterachy strike again". Instead of just saying world history is quick summation of three years of the written record.

I swear there is nothing more cringy then watching mr. white guilt on display.

Wew lad

He's an idiot.
>the original Rus weren't scandinavians because Russians don't speak a scandinavian language
Wow that's some great reasoning

He also said the Jews had no hand in Jesus' execution and wastes all of his Alexander the Great video to complain that the title "The Great" is sexist despite some women like Catherine receiving that title.

STOP MAKING THESE THREADS, DAY AFTER DAY

>Woman hosts the worst Crash Course they've ever made (IE: The Human Geography)
>John Green has to apologies and needs to white knight her as not responsible for comparing Diamond's writing to racist 19th century thought

>asks for example
>gets an example
no way of satisfying your kind, right?

I think you mean asia

He's only interested in history as a vehicle to talk about how western white guys oppressed everyone else. He doesn't actually give a single fuck about the subject beyond that.

I hate people who think they're funny but they're very obviously not

Is John Green a historian? I'm confused.

Are there any copies of the human geo vidoes? They were deleted off his channel and I want to see how bad they were.

youtu.be/9mGvZXvRNLs

Sargon covered it in one of his videos, you can just skip around his commentary if it's not your thing:

youtube.com/watch?v=UvaRcDvGPck

you misplaced based

that "the Great" one is the one that triggered me the most. blatant cherrypicking to drum up clicks and outrage.
>yfw Green himself could be considered sexist for ignoring Catherine's title

She isn't even the only one.

>Queen Tamar of Georgia don't real, Saint Gertrude don't real, Margrethe I of Denmark don't real

Margrethe I really bothers me the most here since in the 14th fucking century managed to be such a great ruler that the Swedes explicitly didn't want a king of their own.
That wasn't the case through the entirety of the rest of the Kalmar union.

I don't hate him for his history, I hate him because whenever he talks about subjects outside of history its like he thinks he has the final words on the matter, and his "nerdfighters" just eat that up. He made a crappy book too. Also, pic related.

I don't hate him, or agree with him too much, but people really exaggerate how bad he is.

Pop-historians aren't subject to peer review, and if you explain to a normal person where his biases are, they will generally agree with you.

Are you pretending to be retarded?

*Europe, asia, the middle east, and central and south america

Really, just "everywhere but north america, Australia, and subsahran africa"

>a crappy book
>a

>south america
>relevant to human history

Wrong

Fuck, isn't him a shitty teen book writer? Screw him

Episcopalian scum
Also he writes boring YA stuff

>the greeks were incredibly evil, almost as bad as christopher columbus or hitler!
>those gentle and kind persians didn't mean any harm!

This video seems fine to me. You must be a triggered /pol/ack

John "Dicks in your cereal are G-r-reat!" Green

>"I think part of me knows that there would be less uproar if it was coming form a middle-aged white man."

>"2. I think people aren’t used to seeing young women as credible sources of information, even when they are. I think if it was me saying those words, there would be pushback, but not anything like we’re seeing. But I also don’t think we’re going to move past that mindset by never giving young women a chance to be the purveyor of credible information. We picked Miriam because she knows what she’s talking about and she’s comfortable in front of the camera.

>"3. I think it’s weird how defensive and angry people have gotten, and that’s likely about the anchors a people have formed around discussions privilege and prejudice. We had the same thing happen when discussing how language can be dangerous in both overt and subtle ways on CC Philosophy. There’s just a lot of tension and frustration and even anger about that stuff right now."

How can someone shill this hard for someone who is clearly in the wrong?

I'll only give you Europe, East Asia and Western Asia with the inclusion of Egypt. Anything else and you're going full retard.
>south america
Absolutely hilarious.

That's an ad hominem

Thinks China is the savior of Africa

Called Guns, Germs and Steel eurocentric

Outright took a shit on everybody who loves to study battles

Constantly harps on the damages of colonialism while promoting the Mongols as a funny cartoon mascot for his youtube channel

What I've seen of him coupled with the fact that he is a teen book writer pretty much points to the conclusion that he consciously markets everything he does for impressionable teenage girls to further his personal brand. There's quite a number of right-wing historians warping history to fit their own stupid views and agendas so it's not that much of a mortal sin.

>2046433

>Thinks China is the savior of Africa
What?

Literally all history is biased, Freshman. Once you get past survey-level classes that rely on textbooks you'll discover that virtually everything you know about history is somebody's opinion.

>if you do not reply to this post, your mother will be spooked in her sleep tonight

Only libcucks think China isnt bringing Africa out of the stone age and reducing their dependence on the geopolitical equivalent of food stamps

I made you a visual aid

Because he gets more pussy than the average 4chin user.

because he claims to be nonbiased, yet constantly asserts our current position at "the end of history" or that we're somehow post-ideological which is really the most ideological thing someone can say. he's a pure capitalist, neoliberal shill who deserves to go to the trash

Brings idpol into discussions of history. For example, when he was talking about African kingdoms and city states he'd constantly talk about how colonials would treat them AND post colonial attitudes somehow shape our society.

What could have been an interesting talk, turned into a liberal lecture

Veeky Forums needs flags so we can all be prepared for leafposting

He's a fucking liberal.

His laptop has a sticker that says "This machine kills fascists" on it.

Don't expect a lot, boyo.

Put me in the screencap

He's a fucking white male.

>THIS
>MACHINE
>KILLS
>FASCISTS