/wpsg/ - WoW Private Server General

Slow but not dead edition

>wpsg guilds

WotLK
(H) - Sunwell.pl - Angrathar - x2 (3x RaF, 4x with donation)

Cata
(H) - hades-wow.com/ - Hades - 1x

/wpsg/ discord server - discord.gg/bSXZw39

>Where can I get game clients?
pastebin.com/Pf4934FP

>How do I connect to [server]?
1. Register on a private server that hosts the same game client you have.
2. Copy their realmlist URL. This can usually be found on the main page of the website or on their registration page.
3. Look for a realmlist.wtf file in your WoW folder. This may either be in the root folder, or inside Wow/Data/enUS/
4. Open the realmlist.wtf file in a text editor such as Notepad and paste in the realmlist settings of the server. Make sure it starts with 'set realmlist' followed by the realmlist URL.

>I have set the realmlist correctly but it still connects me to XYZ server/says invalid login info.
Make sure your realmlist is correct and not read only.

>How do I stop my client from auto-updating?
• Start the game with wow.exe - not launcher.exe
• Don't use your email for logging in, use your account name.
• Find the patchlist file in your installation and remove it.

Previous thread:

>Ascension

tfw afraid of letting bros down

bit late for that

>hit 70, turns to 1x
>quit

w-what if sunwell turns into 10 man nax raiding simulator?

Should I roll rogue or druid on sunwell?

That's exactly what's going to happen.

Heh, guess we'll just have to play Hades.

>hits 20 on Sargeras
>gets ganked because garbage build
>quits
>complains on /wpsg/

i want to play world of warcraft

what should i do

download world of warcraft then play world of warcraft

reconsider

Anyone know anything about tauri-wow?
I need a mop server and I was recommended this

Should I level on Gummy's?

>should i play a perfect recreation of TBC with a steadily growing population
Either level now before the normies find out it's back or regret it when you're cucked in red ridge trying to kill murlocs for fish

or regret it when gummy shuts it down in a month like he always does.

When did gummy re-release?

he started it up like in january with an incredibly low server cap for grizzly.

Yeah, fucking idiots playing on Gummy!
The server will just go down again anyway, might as well keep playing on fun servers! Those are always going to be around anyway.

TOLD STATUS:
[ ] NOT TOLD
[x] TOLD
[x] FUCKING TOLD
[x] CASH4TOLD.COM
[x] KNIGHTS OF THE TOLD REPUBLIC
[x] TOLDERONE
[x] STONE TOLD STEVE AUSTIN
[x] CURE FOR THE COMMON TOLD
[x] BEN TOLDS
[x] THE 40 YEAR TOLD VIRGIN
[x] 007: TOLDENEYE
[x] TEXAS TOLD’EM
[x] AUSTIN POWERS IN TOLDMEMBER
[x] PTERODACTOLD
[x] TOLDTINO’S PIZZA ROLLS
[x] NO COUNTRY FOR TOLD MEN
[x] 24 CARAT TOLD
[x] ONLY SHOOTING STARS BREAKTHE TOLD
[x] GOING ONCE… GOING TWICE… TOLD
[x] GARY TOLDMAN
[x] TOLD SPICE
[x] TOLD STONE CREAMERY
[x] BABY IT’S TOLD OUTSIDE
[x] POKEMON TOLD AND SILVER
[x] TOLD YELLER
[x] EL DORADO: THE LOST CITY OF TOLD
[x] TOLDPLAY
[x] THE TOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL
[x] DANNY DEVITOLD
[x] TOLDEN SUN
[x] FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLDS
[x] CAN’T TEACH A TOLD DOG NEW TRICKS
[x] I AIN’T SAYIN SHE A TOLD DIGGER
[x] TOLDING CHAIR
[x] TOLDIER OF FORTUNE
[x] THE TOLDEN COMPASS
[x] TOLDEN AXE
[x] TOLD MACDONALD HAD A FARM
[x] ROCKIN TO THE TOLDIES
[x] BATTLETOLDS
[x] YE TOLDE PUB
[x] TOLDEN CAULFIELD
[x] THE TOLD MAN AND THE SEA
[x] TOLD MEDAL WINNER AT THE OLYMPICS

>TFW you just hit 58 on the next nostalrius ahead of the reddit rush
>\about to breeze through some fresh outlands after years of Vanilla content with treasure everywhere and a great group of people to help me gear up

lmao gummy is HERE bros.

>hunter
have fun cuck

honestly no one cares about gummy. thats why it has a population of 300.

>spoil myself with a very lazy legion server t
>can't muster the power to go back to an older, more inconvenient, but better expansion
I'm so fucking lazy I don't wanna think about watching my mana, buffing, weird ass consumables etc.

I know right, who the fuck cares about GUMMY or his fucking PERFECT server. God i wish people would just stop fucking talking about it!

The only thing Gummy has in common with Nostalrius is that it will shut down whenever Blizzard sends the first C&D. Gummy has even stated that if he gets a C&D from his host that he will move it back to his PC in his mothers basement.

he never said that lmao.

just start leveling butthurt manlet

the server isn't even hosted in gummy's name.
Imagine beging so terrified of a perfect 1x tbc server that you just make things up hahaha

how desperate can you gummyfags get? this is his fourth server and you still eat this shit up like this one is different.

>telling Veeky Forums not to play on a gummy server
fucking nostalrius normies i swear

p----please don't play on gummies...... don't leave me...... i'm so fucking lonely...... dont go.......

so

hows hades?

old grizzly, nost grizzly, or shit new grizzly?

tfw

But user, Gummy's server has been active for over a month now. You're quite honestly missing out on a good time.

its been live for a month and he advertises the shit out of it and still has 200 pop. gummy has cried wolf one too many times.

>tfw your favorite server has no active players

Gummy never advertised it until he posted a stream montage 2 days ago, and even that video was made unlisted. Also, it's peaking at about 600 pop now, and growing by the day as people realize the best scripted server is back.

>advertises the shit out of it
where on the doll did the cripple touch you?

600 with bots maybe. zones are still dead as fuck. auction house empty.

DON'T fucking play on gummy's! it's so FUCKING dead and gummy even said he would take the server down JUST because so don't even think about playing there at ALL!

Despite how few people there are, Outlands is very alive. I've been fighting Alliance weebs from Aegis all day.

do more people play on alliance or horde on gum gum's server

Does WOTLK have the most fun and balanced arenas ?

there are more people at 70 on alliance but i think more people are leveling horde now

what should i play if i go on gum gum's server

play whatever you want

Most alliance are 70 and into ganking and shit-talking.
whatever you want. Both horde guilds have a surprising amount of euros (maybe even more than half) and that is going to mean some goofy raid times eventually. But for now roll whatever the fuck you want, any "we need this" or "we have too much of this" should be ignored as they're assuming an awful lot about player times and who will make it to 70 and gear up, etc.

>outland is very alive
>30 bored alliance 70s ganking low levels
uhhhhhh

You're forgetting
>getting on their horde alt and asking "u mad lol" over and over

>want to play gummies
>dont want to lvl to 60 at 1x for the 11th time on a server that is very likely to get shutdown at any time
godamn it why do the polish fucks do wotlk servers its literally the worst expansion

Just play Cata, then.

what if whatever I want is a faction with 15-20% less population and I hit 70 and can't find a single NA guild that raids at times good for me

does this mean that if I level up a rogue i'll be able to find a guild that will bring me to raids

I'd be worried about this too. I'd want evening PST and that's going to be far too late for east coast, but their times would be far too early for me.

Yup, I spent all of Legion raiding on EU times because a lot of friends are european and I just want to be able to raid in the evening with PST times. I want something like 9-12 PST because I find it so comfy but every guild on almost every server is eastern and fuck raiding at 5 PM.

Yep. I find it comfy as well but it's also necessary, just have too much going on in the day. I can see why east coast wouldnt care so much since for them our time is retarded late, but it still sucks. And since so many players don't have committments to keep, they're ok with adapting when I can't.
8pm or 9pm pst would be perfect for me but it would be astonishingly rare.

horde is way less populated. its probably 2:1 at a minimum and alot of horde will give up with the constant harassment from alliance 70s. there are no na guilds. its all mixtures due to the low pop which means you get to raid during the day on weekends. neet life.
not going to happen. the na karazhan group goes at like 6pm est. its a fucking joke.

so if im NA east coast i should go ally right

It's amazing how much better gummy's is than any other private server

>not going to happen. the na karazhan group goes at like 6pm est. its a fucking joke.
That was what I thought, too bad. I know I'm in the minority but just can't do weekend day time stuff either, tho I realize it makes the most sense and I'm not trying to talk shit. oh well.

Why did they use this model?

Big jugs.

pirates love fat tits

can someone tell me what the fuck is the point of spending the time to level and gear on dummy's server when he's just going to close it down?

There's no reason to think he will close it before classic

Beyond just having fun, there isn't one.
So if that is not your idea of fun, there is literally no reason for you to level there. But that's not any different from any other server, really. If you think he's gonna shut it down, then it wouldn't be for you.
There honestly is no point in anything in the world anyhow.

I was planning on switching to classic when it releases anyway

dont act like these fotm wrath servers are any better they'll all be dead by then

the point is that fotm wrath meme servers aren't 1x and don't require as much of a commitment.
on cummies you have to spend a large amount of time working hard to level up, meanwhile gummy himself spawns level 70s for himself while expecting everyone else to start from 1.

>meanwhile gummy himself spawns level 70s for himself
And at least one 70 for some discord person he's orbiting. Chances are high he's done it before or would do it again.
It's basically his funbox for better or worse.

>making things up

I dont mind leveling on a (relatively) fresh server and id rather play BC than do t7 for the umpteenth time

i totally understand people not wanting to roll there but the last decent BC server was what, OG hellground?

>gummy is going to shut down
>gummy is spawning characters for his friends
STOP PLAYING GUMMY I ALREADY GAVE SUNWELL MY LAST $10!

>being a gummy apologist
>he's already confirmed that the server will eventually be closed in the foreseeable future when classic launches
>it's already been confirmed that he has, at minimum, spawned characters for himself

The guy doxxes people in his discord that he doesn't like, opened his server "secretly" for the discord-anime-clique he's orbiting, recently fibbed about finding all of the ulduman chest exploiters, and routinely appears to people and emotes/does stupid shit (similar to GMs everyone hated on elysium) but you find a claim of him generating characters to be the one that's totally unbelievable?
The server is good, no one is saying it isn't, and no one gives a fuck if you're having a good time with buddies. But the dude is legitimately unstable and has the opposite of a clean history. He's said repeatedly he can make or break the rules when he sees fit, there is nothing wrong with it in his eyes.

Before you over too far to suck his dick, keep in mind that he considers everyone playing on private servers to be "scum" and is firmly in the "you wouldn't download a car" camp. He's one insult or bad mood away from doxxing people or closing shop.

Holy shit how threatened are you of his "200 player" server that you have to make things up and knowingly distort the truth? Nobody cares that he doxxed a redditer, or that he thinks private servers are unethical. It's so much better than the garbage fun servers available now it's pathetic.

From
>gummy is spawning characters for all his friends
To
>w-well he could be!

It's hilarious seeing how far you move the goalposts for something that's supposedly dead and being shut down any second. All the things you complain about are just as possible if not more so on other realms, it is the nature of private servers.

>Nobody cares that he doxxed a redditer
The point wasn't who he doxxed. The point was how incredibly shitty that was for an admin of a server to engage in garbage like that.
It could be you or someone you don't dislike next time. Would nobody care then?
Again no one said the server was bad - the issue is he is mentally unstable.

So you are perfectly OK with the fact that he spawns characters for himself?

Nobody cares, can you fuck off to reddit with the rest of the fags who keep searching for some shitty reasoning to not play the best private server in history?

He is the main developer and GM, not only do I not care but i am glad he isn't wasting his time leveling when he still has things he can improve and work on. Next you're going to complain he has access to GM tools. Every private server has staff doing this, believing otherwise is just being naive. If you're going to claim he is doing this for other people you will need some proof.

>tfw Northrend 1x

>it's OK for him to dox people and spawn himself characters! fuck off to reddit!
>says man using reddit spacing

>foreseeable future
>probably at least 2+ years from now

What other server do you think people here are starting that they'll be on for the next 2+ years?

I just made a character on Zuljin Alliance, is this the correct server?

no
the correct server is zul'jin horde.
But yeah, the servers are the same - it was meant as a tool to halt/queue/etc to fix faction imbalance.

Ah alright, I just wanted to be sure because I had never seen anyone use the term Zuljin, thought I might be on an older or test server.

>hear that Gummys finally has great NA ping
>server is in Canada
>I'm in Canada
>log on
>83 ping

grrrr.......

yeah no big deal. he had changed it a few times, i forget why.
you could ask him but it's like peering into the eyes of madness. i don't think he even knows why he does the things he does.

Be happy with that. I'm an aussie that has 200-300 ping on every server ever.

:(

Going to be completely honest with you: You deserve that shit ping and you know why.

Ok how the hell do I get to Dalaran on Funwell? I went to the big bubble under the city with the teleportation crystal, but it says I need to use the crystal in Dalaran first or something wonky. Anyone else on Funwell please advise.

Do you have proof that he spawns characters?

What's the name of the gummy server?

>Get hit by WotLK nostalgia
>Remember plaing tankadin since tbc
>Remember all the wotlk raids with guild
>Look for a decent server
>Realize I will be competing for tokens with 647267472 retardins

Retribution be damned.

The server info is listed at burning-crusade.com

I am also Aussie, and I agree. It's a good trade off I think.

I want to cuddle the scaly panda.

It will be a content drought, yes, but this coming content drought. Keeping current players subbed is a nice bonus but not the real objective, the real money is luring past players back and getting them hooked into their bnet/btag social media garbage. Classic is bait and can run at a technical loss as the big bucks are in overwatch and hearthstone especially compared to retail WoW. An opportunity to get so many former blizzard customer eyeballs on their overwatch/hearthstone promotions is pretty unprecedented and is potentially a goldmine for them. There is no incentive to waiting and BFA has very little to do with it - the crossover between retail players and vanilla players isn't a large one. A neat bonus to give current retail a reason to stay subbed but #1 they already do that with time-gating and #2 the money isn't in subs anymore and hasn't been for quite some time (their pet/mount/player xfer/race change/etc cash shop make more than subs).

Nothing is ever set in stone, but in addition there are several people who not only correctly predicted the classic announcement, but correctly leaked when the new race (allied races or whatever) garbage would hit, and according to them official classic is far sooner than most forum warriors are predicting.
Obviously nothing is ever 100% except that Veeky Forums is full of know-nothing gay dudes jacking off with each other in their yahoo chatrooms (even /wpsg/, you were infiltrated long ago, even the finns JO with each other. sorry). Unfortunate but that is life.