Recommended Reading: pastebin.com/eJ4kNhSE
Cao Cao 2014: pastebin.com/UHcpuWM6
Three Kingdoms 2010: pastebin.com/yTcAccLy

Dynasty Warriors 9 New Gameplay Playlist:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmBdlHcHH7paWcO8ucTw-UqwlEWUhvUS7

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Trailer:
youtu.be/s4D42vMUSIM

Bulletin:
-Zhou Cang, Cheng Pu, Man Chong, Xu Sheng, Xun You, Cao Xiu and Xin Xianying are newcomers.
-Dong Bai, Xiahou Ji, Hua Xiong and Yuan Shu are DLCs.
-Everyone from 8XL and Xun Yu from Empires will return.
-Dynasty Warriors 9 will be out in February 8th in Japan and February 13th worldwide.
-Dynasty Warriors 9 will have a roster of 94 playable characters.
-Zhang Fei and Zhao Yun are clones of each other.
-Dynasty Warriors 9 is pretty ok.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4IHaZA9sqxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vpm6DbS73PQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's not a girl, that's a woman.

Is the dream really dead bros? What happened?

Shackgirls ending.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4IHaZA9sqxQ

It didn't have snake in it though, and the game was heavily influenced by Platinum's other games which are based largely on western characters and english speaking. The typical direction wasn't there and they were allowed to do something really wacky which is how you ended up with a guy like Armstrong. You know Armstrong was never meant to be japanese. The japanese version didn't even have red blood despite the in-game canon stating cyborgs had moved past the weird cybernetic white blood and into a normal more natural red substitute. For all intents and purposes, the japs got the inferior product.

>have to leave
>think about making a new thread
>"nah I'm sure they'll make one before the thread dies"
>come back and thread is dead with no link to new thread

god I fucking hate you guys

is my wife's bio cute?

Shit happens

>wife
It says right there nothing ever happened between you too.

Your fictional girlfriend lmao

who the fuck said this was "in game" like it was just the typical moveset use there. This is clearly a fully mocapped cutscene not just some canned animations of her swinging it around identically to how Lu Bu does, it was nothing like it at all. It was in-engine sure, but that doesn't mean a damn thing as far as making things some special unique thing for the future. That's a future musou move at best.

I've been having a blast with dw8, is empires any good? I want to get it but with 9 comming in less than a week I'm hesitant, especially with all the DLC

>dub

Only go for Empires if you love customization, there's really not much else where (well enemies are more aggressive than in base DW8, but that's it). The strategic gameplay is rather basic, and the lack of unique cutscenes for different fame types really hurts replayability.

what's wrong with the dub bub?

>It didn't have snake in it though
youtube.com/watch?v=vpm6DbS73PQ

You should have realized by know that /eagg/ is nothing short of mentally retarded, myself included.

why do the enemies fade into nothing before exploding?

I like the way she first wrapped her hand around the halberd’s shaft and moaned when she dropped it.

>we have received permission to take it to Xuchang (Cao Cao's territory)
>Lingqi still in red, Zhang Liao in blue
>Lingqi has the ability to keep fighting
What does it all mean? Zhang Liao was given an ultimatum that he take the opportunity to fight under Cao Cao or be executed, since DW Lingqi was an officer that battled against Cao Cao and not a noncombatant, wouldn't she be given a similar ultimatum? Blue Lingqi soon?

The wooden sword has a chance to make an enemy do that, effectively taking them out of the fight nonlethaly.

>nonlethal
>still explode

Looks like they didn't even bother redoing the mouth movements. Notice how the speech flow suddenly becomes relatively natural, but when you get face shots they just start halting like an actual autist. They should have just ignored the mouth movements entirely like in old movies if it were going to be this bad.

The one that exploded was one of the Men in Boxes, who pretty much die in one hit regardless.

Suzuki-san

Special snowflake route in 9XL, where her and other irrelevant female characters defeat Cao Cao, Sun Quan and Liu Bei and then go to a beach to celebrate, where Lingqi blushes about wearing an embarrassing swimsuit as they proceed to have fun and talk about the new era they created.

Good voice acting dlc when?

9XL

>So unless the Conquest of Wu is SOMEHOW in this game, which I doubt, Jia Chong’s story gets two thumbs down.

>While Lu Bu was an unbearable fuck, at least Dong Bai made it fun to sit through.

>Unless you’re a big Jia Chong fan, and if you are I don’t know why you follow me of all people,skip it entirely or save it for last. IF the Conquest of Wu is in it, I’d say just play Wen Yang then.

Pack it in boys. Jia Chong is done for. We are all about Yuan Shu now!

It's funny how this webm doesn't apply here anymore.

>series based on ancient Asian history where it is far and away more popular there
>90+ characters at this point with unique voices, not including generics, with potential for more in the future

Of all the kinds of series to attempt to dub into English the DW one seems like one of the most pointless. Maybe 10+ years ago when standards were even lower and the character count was smaller but it seems like a waste of time now.

Never

Chink dub sounds fine from what I've seen.

I want to invite Xun Yu, Cai Wenji, and Deng Ai to my house and snuggle with them forever!

Speaking of turtles, does pic related happen to her in DW9?

When's Mount and Musou 9: Empires?

I wonder if Empires would just die if they gave waifufags the option to wed characters with each other in the vanilla game. I'm struggling to believe that it's the gameplay in those games that people actually buy it for, it's still that trademark "not that good" quality found everywhere else in these games.

I've played a few chapters of Cao Cao's story and 1 chapter of Lu Bu's and so far I like the voices themselves except Cao Xiu and Dong Bai, it just feels like really weird direction
Maybe I just really like all this ham though.

Waifufags don't want their waifu with anyone else (unless they're also a neotarefag) so probably not. For me the draw is the CAWs, if they had included that in the base game I'd be interested. Also it feels closer to RPG elements stacked ontop of a musou game, but mostly the CAWs because shit on the cast characters they're fucking tragedies.

Chinese forums are ripping the dub apart as it apparently has the exact same issues the English dub has. You can use it but just be aware you're proving the "it only sounds good to you because you can't understand it" argument right.

I can understand some of it and I still enjoy it a lot.

At the very least it sounds like they put thought into what the characters should sound like in the mandarin dub.

There's no absurdly
long pauses
in the middle of
sentences like the english one has

Regardless of everything else, this already makes the Chink and Nip audio superior

All voice tracks have bad sync, I can't wrap my head how could Koei fuck it so badly. Through the whole game you have other characters commenting on what you're doing, the rewards for completing stages are cutscenes, and yet they all feel like crap because everyone is flapping their mouths without making a sound at some point.

Also, english voices are mostly just reciting the lines, both nips and chinks at least try to stay in character somehow.

>poor yellow gooks, if only they could understand their language as well as I do!

>/eagg/ will finally stop arguing
I love you webm user, but this here is too much even for a hypothetical route.

>zhang he giving the middle finger
fucking gets me every time

Chinks always complain about Koei, their opinion is worth as much as their lives in DW.

They're saying the Mandarin dub is bad not that the English dub is better

>Mandarin
>not Cantonese
Well there's the problem. Mandarin just sounds like shit regardless.

I don't understand the argument you're trying to make.

Fuck you, Suzuki.

Go to bed Wu

What's the name of the good Liu Bang show?

Liu Bang's Bang Bang Showdown

It's a gameshow with a western cowboy theme.

oh shit I thought you asked for the name of "a" good Liu Bang show. I'm not going to delete my post because I really put thought into it and it would be a gameshow I would watch.

Unfortunately, I love it and I want to see it.

Story of Han Dynasty

fucking christ suzuki

Thanks!

>making a little girl fight to the death for her rapist

suzuki this is too far.

No problem

Why is she so rude?

She's the Empress of Han.

What if each faction have their own designated villain? For example, Huang Hao for Shu and Sun Hao for Wu?

The cherished Han the righteous fought so benevolently for

Fa Zheng was probably only even added so that they can dumb responsibility for all the bad shit they do on him. Well maybe DW9 will prove me wrong but that's what I'm expecting at least.

She’s a cold, ambitious, power hungry woman who was simply put with the wrong person. Fact that she can never be with Xiang Yu, a true man and hero, only amplifies her cruel and vindictive personality

That will only make Fa Zheng cooler.

>There's no absurdly long pauses
i literally just started chapter 2 wei and dian wei has a 3 second gap of nothing while his mouth keeps talking with the chinese dub

that's a big hatchet

I have /feg/ open in another tab and was very confused for a moment.

Can you play as a character in their informal clothes outside a home?

Change their costume in the gallery.

Seems like it.

Minerva is very cool

Wow Han Dang sure got cute

Who?

Chinese is an awful language anyway. Moon is vastly superior to both.

I just bought Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires, how do you quickscope? I remember playing 3 at my friend's house and quickscoping noobs left and right in multiplayer.

Also how do you turn on english voices? I can't find it in the option menu.

BAO

SANNIANG IS CUTE

>tfw fe has better waifus than dw

How do you survive in 8 Empires on Chaos mode? Hard is really easy but Chaos is insane. Are you actually expected to buy start up bonuses when you play on Chaos? I also heard people complaining about Chaos being easy when the game was released.

Build up your blacksmith and get some items that boost health and defense. If you're a regular officer with no command over your army, then tough luck, bud.

>I also heard people complaining about Chaos being easy when the game was released.
It's not so much easy as it's easy to exploit. Weapon switch is one of the easiest ways to break 7/8. For Empires, some strategems break it wide open. Get the one that 'unleashes a rain of arrows' or whatever after 2 minutes, it takes all enemy officers down to like 20% health and you just mop them up and snowball after that. Rinse repeat. It gets old fast unfortunately.

She sure is I like her DW9 design a lot actually

She looks qt in her casual outfit, but like a wet dog in her regular.

Do you mean use a bow? That was removed for years and only returned now in DW9. There's bow as a standard weapon though, but you can't aim with it, just attack with combos like the other weapons.

No English voices for Empires, IIRC.

Her design in 8 was great as well.

Is that supposed to be Yu Jin? What the fuck

In the beginning of Chaos mode, if you aren't a ruler, you'll want to be doing side-quests, hoping to run into high level weapons or damage increasing items as rewards, but it takes a lot of patience. So, yeah, the best way is just using bonus points for the weapons. You'll still be rather fragile, so the game won't be broken.

Do you keep weapons you buy or do you have to buy them again if you want to start with them again? Can you earn enough points for a heavy start up every playthrough?

Yes, you have to buy them again. You can usually earn enough point to unlock weapons for your next playthrough.

>She’s a cold, ambitious, power hungry woman who was simply put with the wrong person.
She got put with the Founding Emperor of Han. How is that wrong for a cold, ambitious, power hungry woman?

DW 8 Empires is so flawed.
>Yellow Turban scenario
>Liu Bei is one of the recommended.
>Choose Liu Bei
>No Garden Oath scene/event.
>Fei and Yu and nothing to do with me because I'm just an 'Ordinary Man'.
>There there is no personality or personality preference system so making friends with them is just as hard as making friends with anyone else.
>Do good virtue quests.
>Their custom titles didn't even take into account they were also suppose to be goodhearted and I run into them as bandits, making them hate me.
I'm no expecting the same complexity as their strategy games but it feels like they didn't even try or care.

>fictitious daughter of Lu Bu, she excelled at fighting.

This sentence just stands out awkwardly to me, it's pretty funny

>non existent person, renowned as a formidable warrior of the era

Yeah, I couldn't really put my finger on it at the time, but I dropped DW8: Empires faster than any other Empires entry. Although I also dropped DW8 faster than any other DW, so I was thinking maybe I had finally started losing interest after all these years. I'm hoping it was just because it was a weaker entry.

8 is the worst DW we've ever had, though 9 is looking to top that.

There were enough fun movesets to keep me interested in the vanilla game for a while despite some of it's glaring issues. Some of my favorites aren't in 9 though.