/lhg/ - Light's Hope General

Light's Hope is a Vanilla WoW Private Server, it's the new and improved version of Elysium, they cut out the corrupt owners (only some of them lol) and rebranded. New realmlist, same worldsave.

Open realmlist.wtf and Set realmlist logon.lightshope.org

Guilds:

Alliance: Mandate of Heaven (2 raid groups, BWL, AQ)

Horde: None lol

/who guildname , whisper anyone to join

>Server info
twitter.com/LightsHopeWoW
LH Discord (discordapp.com/invite/mraKxcU)
(lightshope.org/)

>Vanilla WoW database (currently broken)
db.vanillagaming.org

>Addons pack (some out of date like KLH Threat Meter)
github.com/ericraio/vanilla-wow-addons/

>Leveling Guide (specs unreliable for some classes use at own risk, play what you want or ask in the thread for more info):
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit

>Download the client without torrent (direct download):
mega.nz/#!e4cjFT5L!7VvX-yAlJ87KdU-6BNQVlhoYY5_YdnYW3WezYsVrYgI

>Raid/char/item drop info:
realmplayers.com/

>WoD models (place MPQ in data, rename file to patch-3.mpq)
mediafire.com/file/v107ncj1j27x85x/patch-3.mpq

Old Thread:

First for shamans are cheap.

you wont regret it desu. just ignore the lowpop fags, there's 2 raiding guilds right now and once horde gets people to 70 there will be 3.

comfy doesn't play a human female Rogue anymore.

>two raiding guilds
>with so few players they end up mixed with eu/na players
>raid times end up late afternoon weekdays or late morning weekends server time

>na server
>raid times are 6-10pm est

dunno why you're complaining. i'm pretty sure my guild has more aussies than euros, raid times work out just fine for the vast majority of people

can the pupper pals stream tonight please

NOOOOOO DON'T HAVE TWO PEOPLE JOIN OUR WARRIOR CHANNEL

hi gum here, please play my custom script server—I hosted it in OVH this time instead of New York, it's going to be okay. also any GRIZZLY members feel free to message me on discord if you need any help with anything in-game.

who joined though

playing light's despair when you COULD be playing cutehaven with me!

Why do people min/max so much, when every race has some sort of benefit to the class? I mean, I can understand why people tend to go human when making a paladin because they get so many more racial bonuses, but then more people go human for sword spec when night elves have many more benefits to them.

noo stop i don't want anyone see us wipe wtf

haha stupid mandaters wiped LOOOOL!

>6pm est
lol

Dwarf rogues, gnome warriors, male night elf prot warriors are all criminally underplayed

>why are people going for the race that lets them get free 2% hit over the pink (female) erp elf race

We did a lot better than most guilds so if officers let me stream I will again

T. Squidokigarn

People laughing at me attempting to heal was amusing as well kek

>night elves have many more benefits

Because they don't.

No one in Pupper Pals cares about Mandate

but I want to be a cute elf girl wtf??

>We did a lot better than most guilds
you wiped on Fankriss

>sword spec helps with any non-Combat spec

>night elves don't have better rogue racials

link stream for future

>night elves don't have better rogue racials

They don't.

_(You)

>people laughing at me for being a retard was amusing

wtf Squido

my life is a meme, I literally exist to serve biped normies who enjoy walking around and having girlfriends and shit.

don’t be so hard on yourself squiddy

staplerx300 on twitch

It might sound stupid but our wipes were easily preventable, the difference between a frustrating catastrophe wipe and an easily correctable wipe is hard to quantify though

Skeram went really smooth

Except all the people who post in this thread and that retard Indi that tries to poach people.

ok im starting on gummy's. if it goes down i want reparations from the fuckers who shilled it here.

It literally says on their page they're closing as soon as Classic launches.

no shit you fucking spastic. who's going to play private servers once it hits anyway? i meant prematurely.

@204714668

>giving blizzard money

lol

>muh principles

once it hits the meme about people only playing private servers because they can't afford retail will become a reality

>caring about what retarded normalfags who pay for dressup simulators think

I will finish Naxx on chinks hope like a year before vanilla drops and will have raided on multiple vanilla servers for years. I'm just going to go play paymane or whatever other options there are for TBC servers instead of feeding the eternal kikes at blizzard more money for shit on a plate.

Vanilla is awful anyways.

i'm having a stroke at this very moment

i am dead fucking serious

i would go to the phone to call for help but i'm having a stroke and can't move my legs

this will be the last thing i ever type in my life

goodbye /lhg/

stroke deez nuts

>nost kids think the FREE server fallacy is a meme while playing on a 80% chinese 15% south-American server

The biggest red pill is that the vast majority of retail subs are actually chinks as well, they just have their own servers so you don't feel the impact.

do the chinks have to pay for a monthly sub?

They pay by the hour and were used to massively inflate the sub number quarterly reports.

@204716032

2/3 pretty good desu, could use a Nost reference for added subtlety.

Unfortunately this is not an argument.

This guy gets it. All that playing Vanilla WoW is trying to enjoy an old hobby. Paying actual money for 12 year-old content is a sign of mental damage, not to mention an inability to let go of the past. It's why I laugh at people who obsess over raiding for digital items, throwing away their lives to run them. The game is only good for about an hour or two a day, ganking people who are trying to level just for shits and giggles and stress relief.

I’ll literally send you feet pics if you stream tonight squido

this

well the majority are neets, so any raid times work.
>6pm est
That's borderline shit even for east coast but is especially shit for anywhere else in the country.
Everything else you said is potentially right tho, as more players join and get to 70, options should open up. Even if it's just one mega-guild with multiple raid groups.

t. bad at vanilla

This. Although I want to say that some chinese pay monthly now, I'd have to recheck and I'm not sure that I care.
You're 100% right about the inflating the sub numbers.

Subs are in the toilet at the moment. It doesn't matter a lot as far as revenue but it's still a thing.

Squido if you're here
I will literally send you nudes if you stream today's raid for real
pm me madti#7777

>nudes of some fat german neckbeard
wow who could refuse this amazing deal

pm me madti#7777

whoever is reading this please contact me at madti#7777, I need discord friends

I want friends too
facehat#1491

i need friends also please
babangelsin#4622

I've been trying to play on the non pvp server but I was always alone questing. Is this server live only alive for end game content?

how do I delete my discord account?

>I've been trying to play on the dead server but its always dead

We are pleased to announce that we will be releasing a fresh PvP realm with an accelerated release schedule on Saturday, February 17th at 14:00 GMT. The specifics will be discussed on tomorrows Q&A session -- make sure to tune in for the details!

Would I have better luck on the pvp realm if I wanted someone to play with while I level?

link
?

isnt one yet but tune into the Q&A you gaywad

link to qanda
?

Not-friendly reminder that i told you nerds about lights hope fresh months ago and you said I was smoking crack. I told you how this was all common sense and you barked about how stupid I was.
Fuck all of you, I hope you join Mocky's guild on fresh.

Nothing in lh discord

link to their discord? the invite in op is expired

people in moh I hate:
everyone

its not expired. you're banned.

good thing i quit :3

I played a dwarf rogue on K2 and let me tell you, it absolutely infuriated undead rogues. Stoneskin racial is the absolute perfect counter to enemy rogues, and undead rogues comprised 90% of the horde on K2. You could feel the anger and frustration after every kill when I'd /fart on their corpses.

In a way, you could also sense the confusion.

>WTF I PICK UNDEAD ROGUE I HAB WOTF HOW I LOSS PVP??

Also, I would go AFK on top of the Ratchet flight master and ~5 horde per minute would get killed by guards after clicking on me.

This is a fact. Other races besides what mix/maxers choose have benefits casuals don't even think about. Speaking about rogues, specifically, a night elf with 5/5 Subtlety along with their racial at max level effectively has the stealth of a level 64 mob, making them virtually undetectable by the Horde until they're right on top of them. Even if the nelf were to die, thanks to their Wisp racial they can immediately go right back to their corpse, respawn, and stunlock whomever killed them before they can eat/drink to full. Even Shadowmeld is useful because it's on a separate timer, and you can shift into stealth from Shadowmeld without breaking.

And yet, retards scream left and right that you HAVE to go human for sword spec, when Combat specs eventually get dropped because they aren't as effective as the alternatives when it comes to actual raiding or running BGs. It's hysterical.

can't be, i just made a new account

I'm leaning towards an alliance Warlock on the next fresh server. While WoTF will be frustrating in 1v1 situations it would seem for group level PvP and PvE, Paladins would be worse
>cleansing dots/fear
>bubble
>stun
>bof
>bosalv
>blessings in general
Shamans can purge and drop totems but its an easy pet stomp or wand to take them out.
Also alliance ends up having less Warlocks overall so you end up more desired for groups. Am I retarded?

esfand passed on sulfuras

:durr:

People who refuse to roll warlock on Alliance out of fear for WotF are just bad at the game and are dependent on fearlocks, which are a broken mechanic on private servers because the "developers" won't fix what is a serious issue. You'll be fine playing an Alliance warlock.

he's coming for that dark edge lmao

also unlike on elysium, the staff on LH won't give him free consumes/ingots if he got it.

is it sad that he would be better of just using nightfall? he puts in all of this effort to be mediocre.

dwarf racial is defintely underrated, people always go on about wotf but both the gnome and dwarf racial are pretty strong for pvp.

yeah well alexensual plays horde so why dont you explain that?

That's rare

i dont give a shit about alexsensual

everyone being buddies with whitekidney gets free shit, see monkeynews

he would be better off uninstalling, all he does is sponge up loot from actual players.

just think about all of the other players that he gets loot over that do twice his damage but lose shit to him and his meme spec.

Seeing him try is the appeal, that's what's so entertaining about him. Who fucking cares who gets what loot as long as content is cleared. Most guilds funnel loot to people who don't deserve it. Sometimes you're lucky and get a drop when someone who deserves it isn't there.

If raid three were just another generic tryhard guild that would be a tragedy. The scene and the game itself thrives on drama and different ways of experiencing things.

Having fun in whatever way gives you pleasure be it erp or speed clearing or whatever are all equally valid ways of playing.

Hopefully classic maintains this multifaceted aspect to it.

Ashbringer...

WHEN IS THE Q AND A

So when a fresh server, either Light's Hope or Kronos III, gets released, is Veeky Forums going to be finally playing Horde? I'd like to be able to play Alliance without having to deal with you faggots since paladin is my favorite class, and you've rolled Alliance on two servers already so I think it's time for you to shift to Horde now.

>trannies
>ever playing vanilla without the paladin crutch

good joke

We switched to Gummy lad. It's not too late for you.

I logged on, both factions have less than 50 people on them right now. It's a

It's non-p2w and has the best scripting of any TBC server by a mile, these are things no one else is offering. If you can't see Gummy's is going places then I don't know what to say to you, my dude. Either start leveling now and build an advantage or level with the plebs when it gets more popular.

We actually peaked 700 yesterday, and the week before it was 300. Yes, it's small right now, but it is growing. I'm not sure how much, but it's definitely growing.

I'm not falling for it again. I was outspoken for Gummy, I mean, I had a fucking raging hard-on for it back when it was FIRST announced, but after he pulled it on a whim I'm not trusting him. I regret having to turn away from it, but I'm not going to get porked once more.

It's hosted by someone else now.