How to make money acquiring a house that the bank paid for

I'm tired of seeing people posting that "mortgages are just the bank fucking you" and "owning property is letting the jews win" and all this shit.
Here's how to own a house and make more money with the bank's money than the bank is making.

Find a decent vacant lot for ~$50k. There are lots around if you look online in your area, it doesn't have to be huge but the more you can get over a half acre, the better.
Now the bank will fund you to build a house on that lot, it's called a builder's mortgage. They give you money in increments based on what the final value of the house/lot will be. They have no problem with lending you $200k to build a house that would sell for $450k.
Their first payment has the cover the cost of the lot AND get your house to 40% completion, though, which is where most people struggle to get through. You'll probably need to borrow some money to get through this part, but don't worry, you'll get it back once the build is done. They are giving you the FULL cost to build the house in full, they're just lame about the increments they give it to you in, in order to cover their ass. They don't want to give you the first payment and have you go to Vegas and blow it, and all they can take from you is a vacant lot that isn't worth what they've given you already. It makes sense that they would be very leery about this part.

Build a decent house. As in, don't build a piece of shit. Spend some time looking at floorplans and decide on what you're able to afford square footage wise. I just recently built a 1750sq ft home with a fully finished basement for ~$230k. The monthly payment on our mortgage is ~$1050. Make sure your building contractor is including the price of a fully finished basement in the total cost. Two bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom, laundry room in the basement, and there are two sets of stairs to access the basement. One is from the garage, one is inside.

Other urls found in this thread:

cibc.com/ca/mortgages/calculator/mortgage-payment.htm
daveramsey.com/show/archives/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Complete the house, and rent the basement out to either a couple or two separate people.
Price the rooms comparatively to what a dorm room costs at your nearest college/university if you're near one, and if you're not, make sure it's priced comparatively to other rented properties in your area. If shitty ass two bedroom apartments that are small in an apartment complex are being rented for $1000/mth, you can get more than that easily. You are offering a brand new, clean, never been lived in, LARGE two bedroom apartment.

Now, use their rent to pay your mortage off. Where I am, shitty fuckin dorm rooms are rented for around $600/mth. That makes renting the basement to two students EASY for $1200/mth, because it's the same price as a dorm but a hell of a lot nicer. We're close to a university, so that allows us to be a bit more choosy with who we want living there as well.

With the mortgage being $1050/mth and rent coming in at $1200/mth, any amount of money you are able to save is able to be chopped right off of your mortgage. My fiance and I budgeted ourselves around $1100/mth, so I know we are comfortable with giving that up. So we put that on top of the rent, and the mortgage gets paid of way faster.

By renting the basement out and also holding ourselves responsible for "paying" the mortgage ourselves as well, we are able to pay off a shitpile of the mortgage over the course of two years. The interest in the first year was around $6500, and we're aiming to pay off close to $28k. The second year we'll pay off a similar amount, but the interest will be less.

I am saving the fuck out of this, thank you kind user

quality thread
bump

Think about how long it would take you to save this much money. Think about what your take home pay is, and think about how long it would take:
In two years time, we'll be able to sell a house that we initially paid $230k for, and have the mortgage paid down to ~$190k, for $450k.

That's $360k in our pockets, but we paid ~$55k into the mortgage on that. Now, we could have done that right off the hop (sold it), but the house value is still pretty much "brand new" after two years. Also, if you don't live in the house for at least a year (I think) you get taxed on all that. So you might as well live in the new house you just designed and built for a couple years.

So basically you start with fuck all, nothing, and go to SAVING ~$50k over the course of two years for living in a new house and renting the basement. You don't even have to sell it, if you stay there and continue doing that, you'll have the mortgage paid off in EIGHT YEARS. The bank gave you the money hoping it'd take 25.

Fucking bot detection is raping me with captchas and preventing me from dumping right now...

Now, you don't have to pay the mortgage off that fast. If you're okay with giving the bank way more in interest, you can have your tenants pay the mortgage for you forever. You're still on the hook for property tax and utilities and all that, but not having a mortgage in a brand new house is pretty sweet.

Here's the numbers because I know (((((people))))) will try to say that it's bullshit. You need to make enough money in order to support an $1,100 mortgage payment, that's it. If you can make the mortgage payment, the bank is happy to give you the money and rape you on interest over many years.
Those of you paying rent probably pay close to that already.
My bank is CIBC so I used their mortgage calculator for reference.2.79% on a two year fixed rate
cibc.com/ca/mortgages/calculator/mortgage-payment.htm
>First year
$230,000 + $6417 interest = $236,417 owed
Payment is $1,064/mth = $12,768 per year
1200 in rent x 12 months = $14,400 per year
You are paying $1,100 per month = $13,200 per year
So you're paying off $27600 total minus the interest per year

Which means, after the first year, you owe $208,319
>2nd $208,319
>3rd $186,028
>4th $163,112
>5th $139,551
>6th $115,329

So now you've lived in your house for five years. The bank will make ~$3200 off of you in interest the following year.

>7th $90,426
>8th $64,823
>9th $38,501
>10th $11,440

And obviously the entire mortgage is paid off in the 10th year.

So, to round this all up, the bank lent you $230,000 with the intent of you taking 25 fucking years to pay it off. This amounts to them raping you in interest because you took so damn long to pay it.

You paid the entire thing off in 10 years, and you were under zero pressure the entire time because, if something were to happen in that time and you were in need of money, your mortgage for that month was already paid regardless. You don't even have to be frugal with your savings, this is assuming that you're holding yourself obligated to pay for your own mortgage and that's IT.

Now, you own a house that costed $230,000 to build.
The bank made ~$34,480 in interest.
You own a house that can be sold for $400,000+ easily, mine was appraised at $450,000, and now you are making $1200/mth right into your pocket if you don't want to kick your tenants out and take the basement back for yourself.

You borrowed money from the bank... and you made a lot more money with it than the bank did, as well as got yourself a new house to live in, and worry-free mortgage payments for a decade. Oh, and you own a house in 10 years, and that's by holding yourself to the bare minimum of paying your own mortgage and having tenants. If you can save more than that, you could have it paid off faster.

Imagine yourself in ten years. Do you have a nice custom built home that you yourself designed paid off in full? Do you have a means of making $150,000 over the course of the next two years? Of course you don't, but it's not that far fetched because that pokemon sucks a dick.

bump again for the North American anons

OP. if you don't mind me asking, where is the general location of your house? Building lots in the city seem very expensive to me and are quite hard to find.

As for the profit, I generally thought newly built houses sell for roughly what they cost to build, unless you general contract it yourself. I'm confused about how your house's market value is so much more than what you put in.

1. Is the area zoned for multi-unit dwellings or are you able to not get caught?
2. Is the basement up to code for a separate unit? Separate mechanics? Separate utilities?
3. Are the tenants problem free or do they require attention?

Not saying you don't have good ideas.

also anons, give a listen to the dave ramsay podcast.

daveramsey.com/show/archives/

tons of good financial advice for regular people.

Buying houses is retarded for americans and canadians.
Your guys' houses are literally made of fucking wooden planks. Just like in OP's pic.

It's the cheapest fucking materials you can get for a house. Yet you pay your whole life for such a shitty shed.

at least 3 digit km from any city lel

Why are dutch faggots who claim to be smarter than everyone else so confused about this subject?

It's confusing me. The home construction was roughly what someone would expect to pay, but I don't know any area that has a $200,000 house suddenly double in value unless it's in the GTA or Vancouver, which in that case the $50,000 paid for the building lot wouldn't even buy a parking space.

Moving the thread to Veeky Forums is basically hiding it. The people that browse threads on Veeky Forums are looking for ways to make money, period. What I've outlined accomplishes this, but it also gets people out of renting. It's also something that isn't generally well known, which is why I put it on /pol/. Everyone on /pol/ thinks that jews owning banks is a boogeyman out to get them, and outlining a way to make more money than the bank with a loan from the bank is something that most are intrigued by.

House prices, especially in Canada, are outrageous. Buying houses in Canada is fucking insane. Economics of a country is related to politics. Economics of a country is more related to politics than business.

>cardboard houses
this

anywhere in the 1st world, wood is for the hillbilly trailrers; wood is the cheapest material to build and is the material for the paupers of any society

the low class are unable to afford what 1st world materials like brick, concrete, stone, steel

how do i build a house? youtube tutorials? i'm a programmer i don't work in construction

What is the reason for this pasta?

Is it from a bank or government agency or something?

Curious bump. Would you have to have a sleacial relationship with a contractor to make the construction cost cheaper?

it depends. do you swallow? how tight are you?