/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General

previously on /dbfzg/: >Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>List of hidden mechanics
docs.google.com/document/d/1QyuykC4D5zpnOKt_qyn20ZZzO168Az7Suu_ojD4SVWg/preview#

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
[YouTube] [DBFZ] Optimal universal solo combo route for most chars? (No assists, no SB, midscreen)

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg

>Hitbox/Hurtbox info:
pastebin.com/iG5fwJMw

>Network colors (the square next to the name):
twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/959640513669349378

>Ranks and their respective amounts of BP:
i.imgur.com/zhwN8jg.png

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1fhlq7qASMlUHDd978Eh0b2x_DC5H55spIF-BvPpdkT4/edit
youtube.com/watch?v=UEQpIBPFpKI
twitch
youtube.com/watch?v=k79BZGyZ2J8
youtube.com/watch?v=2CfhQCFK7-E
youtu.be/oyIehL3P3N0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Lost my Purple Square to random

This game. BROS, THIS GAME! This games neutral is the most rage inducing experience I have ever witness in my life.I...I don't know how top players can do it, how do they shutdown the random mashing, unorthodox super dashes, unorthodox tag super dashes, unorthodox vanish, timed LLLLL mashing that rewards the masher, getting hit by auto combo and wondering what the hell happened to my health bar. Getting hit by Super Dash after blocking their 2H and attempting to punish their Super Dash. And the worst one. This is by far the worst one. Goku Blue Auto Combo Overhead and Trunks Auto Combo crossup. *cries* They are so annoying!

Super Dash is so OP that it completely controls the entire neutral. Try to be aggressive, this to air dash in, closing the gap betwen you and your opponent. GET HIT. Try to back dash. GET HIT. Try to zone them out, flying through your plasma, fly over your kamehameha. GET HIT. "

>Hey, I want to jump in the air too!
>GET HIT

NERF SUPER DASH!!!

I try to be an intelligent player every match, I learned optimal combos from twitter. I learned how to block pressure. But RANDOM players KILL ME! I cannot comprehend their playstyle. Random in this game is so bad that sometimes it looks like a legit punish. And we worst, *CRIES* the worst thing about random is, when you understand it and try to do a controlled punish the player turns off their randomness during those moments EVERY SINGLE TIME!! i CAN'T BROS. I CAN'T!

THE NEUTRAL IN THIS GAME IS SHIT TIER.

Does the game give me points/winrate even if they disconnect?
Out of 5 matches 3 of them have disconnected, this shit is pretty boring.

>tfw power level rising
>tfw tomorrow db super
>tfw in a few days v-jump

oh lads this will be a fine week

What does piccolo get off his stretch grabs?

Character Discord links and shit.
docs.google.com/document/d/1fhlq7qASMlUHDd978Eh0b2x_DC5H55spIF-BvPpdkT4/edit

can't wait for broly, game needs more big dudes with armored moves. Like nappa should have been.

>discord
For what purpose

>he just jumps up without holding BACK

Why is matchmaking worse than fucking MvCI, fuck you ArcSys

can you guys recommend any good vegeta players that actually use him instead of just picking him for his assist? I pick him for his assist but I wanna have some tech for situations where I'm forced to use him

If you have a problem with it go take all of their information and slap it into a pastebin. That is, unless you know of a better place with all of their information? By all means, user, post it if you have it.

>Black 7 out of 10 games

Could you people please stop, there are more fucking characters in the game, Jesus.

based v-jump poster

I reccomend me.

Does anyone have like a 10 minute version of the king piccolo theme song from the Kikuchi score?

It won't go away until ArcSys introduces more characters with something equivalent to beam assists or Vegeta assist. You are literally handicapping yourself if you don't have at least one of them

>get really nervous when playing online
>lose a lot because of this
>listen to this while playing youtube.com/watch?v=UEQpIBPFpKI
>feel more relaxed online
>6 match wins in a row

Anyone else do this? Listen to music that helps you play better?

alright, post footage of you playing so I can steal all your tech

There are no good players playing Vegeta.

Hey, I made a few combos for Goku Blue. Can anyone give me some advice to make them better?

First one(can be done anywhere): 2M 5M jc 5M 5L 5L 2H superdash 5L 5M 5H frieza assist then dive kick

Next one(corner, 1 bar): 2M 5M jc 5M 5L 5L 2H superdash 5L 5M 5H frieza assist (quarter circle back special) super kamehameha

Where is the use in Bluegetas assist? Seems pretty garbage

Nice

Says you. Made 4 Goku Black scrubs rage quit today.

TOURNAMENT

twitch
.tv/tsb_blaze

Will the DLC have new stages? there are a bunch of iconic areas missing from the stage roster, kinda strange that they wouldn't add something like kame house but would add in 2 rocky areas.

Made a pack of alternate colors based on the Full Color Manga. What do you think?

This should get added to the OP

love it m8 keep at it

looks nice user

>tfw no red haired Trunks

>It's another Goku Black in every game episode

That 2H is so fucking ridiculous lmao. It hits even if you backdash.

Fuck that

Sadly it's the only good place to get really deep character-specific stuff now

What is practice mode

>no more flesh eyes
nice

why does krillin have one really long tooth?

wheres his nose?

...the same argument could be used against including any knowledge or tech-related resources whatsoever in the OP.

It's available on gamebanana if any of you guys have the game on PC and want to try it. No problem with Denuvo or EAC, just add a folder named "~mods" on DRAGON BALL FighterZ\RED\Content\Paks\

I never noticed that difference.

Everyone talkin' about A.Gohan's crazy ass block strings, but Majin Buu can go 2L 2L 2M 5H 2H 236H 2L 2L 2M 5H 2H A1, rinse and repeat. I'd record it but I don't know how to set the CPU to block high/low. Mind you at any point you restart the combo you can pop assist into his 5M for a full combo. Good luck blocking that shit idiots.

Too bad the eyes in his results screen pose are kinda broken.
Since he is not really meant to have white eyes, the devs didn't take it into account when animating the eyes. Fortunately it's minor on his intro and ending animations and just bothersome in the results screen.

Anyone has a Android 21 guide? Also what is a good anchor character to use? Preferably with a good assist.

i wish I had pc, but it does look nice user, good job

Who are the highest IQ characters and team? I just wanna lab monster.

FRIEZA

Ginyu unironically.

nappa ginyu tien

hit, ginyu

when are they going to reveal the DLC characters?

Is it Ginyu because you always have to be aware of the order of Ginyu Force members you send out?

set the cpu to guard all

That's not a bad idea, I might actually

To give some context, my team is Hit, 21 and something else.

Hit, Ginyu, Krillin

>Goku Blue's L autocombo

Who the fuck designed this absolute shit.
What's the point of trying to perfect your combos if a fucking monkey can mash the shit out of a single button and fucking destroy half your hp.

each of the ginyu force members have a lot of untapped potential, on top of the ordering
youtube.com/watch?v=k79BZGyZ2J8
heres some examples of tech.

Hit is definitely the most different character I've picked up thus far

That only makes it block all from their current pose (standing, crouch) if you toss a low or high, respectively, the cpu eats it. I could record the cpu to do it, probably but that sounds like a bitch to do.

That overhead is beaten by a mash.

Krillin, piccolo, beerus if you actually utilize orb placement

lol just like block nigga hahahah

Krillin, Hit, and Ginyu, or Napa in place of Hit.

Bluegeta boys please respond. He seems best at anchor because of his use of meter, but I can't find any use for his assist

go to training mode, set opponent to repeat light attack, have that opponent be goku blue, block until you know how to beat his auto-combo. if for some reason he doesn't do the full auto-combo then record him doing it and then try to block.

I just use it as something to throw out in neutral or blockstring. It has 0 fucking combo potential in my experience. It takes like 5 days to come out.

What do I need to know about Vegeta and A. Gohan? What are some good combos to know?

I think I'm going to rock 16/A. Gohan/Vegeta. Does that sound like a good team composition or should I switch it up?

>It has 0 fucking combo potential in my experience. It takes like 5 days to come out.
So call it in earlier.

I have mine set to stand guard all and don't switch and its blocking everything

One last image of the Manga colors mod.

Figured as much. Really getting tempted to throw a Goku in there

>setting it to switch makes the cpu not switch guard

Sasuga Arcsys

Sasuga Arcsys

>Be Frieza Clan Yellow
>Have 76% winrate in 43 games
>It's either a dark green guy that doesn't really play good enough or light green that beats my shit
>No ornages in shit besides the one I won 2/0 in my 2 first games
>Pinks are just a legend for me right now

I'm really trying to understand the ranked system.

I could never get the timing right. It felt really wonky compared to using vegeta ss assist or a bean assist. Even 21 and kid buu assist felt better.

youtube.com/watch?v=2CfhQCFK7-E

its not that hard. you call it on the first jump instead of second.

Who should I pair with piccolo and lord beerus? Pls no vegeta

I have 38% winrate, Android, yellow. Go figure.

as my win rate is dropping my threat is rising and so is my rank

the system is bunk as hell. Sometimes if you play against someone way above your skill level you get like 75 points just for losing

Gahkuu

>Krillen
>Having a nose
youtu.be/oyIehL3P3N0

gotenks or kid buu.

does anyone have that graph where all the characters are charted by how easy they are/batteryvsmeter reliant/reset heavy

it was posted in the last thread

Why? It's a shitty chart made by some random

dooberz vs sblazblue

>Buu, gotenks, and beerus washing literal top tier team

We warned you

>>>/fgg/

I'm legit thinking about quitting this game just because of Black.
I don't even lose against him anymore but he is in every single game, he is in every single team and each and everyone of them play ultra safe and wait for you to engage then 2H, poking you with Zamasu again and again.

It's not fun, it's not engaging and it's nowhere near the feeling that you get when you see a Krillin or a Tien wrecking shit, it's just plain boring.

I'm close to being orange and I think I'm gonna just stop playing ranked until I don't know, either they release something else or just make other things more viable so people try to play different stuff.

>t.guy who just 3v1 a Black-Goku Blue-A.Gohan team with Golden Freezer

>getting all the dragon balls on namek stage doesnt summon porunga instead

how did they fuck up this badly?

the more Cell loses the less the less likely he is to be nerfed so I'm fine with this

>every character doesn't have a unique winquote against every other character

unforgivable

because they get the earth dragon balls on namek, but yeah they should have done that. Not like it matters since summoning the dragon is so rare I forget it even happens.

>t. whiner who thinks he's high rank when he isn't
ftfy

You mean
t.guy who just got 1 v 3 by a goku black

These games are lasting forever. Neither player is spending any meter. There is no reason to have 6 or 7 bars just sitting there.

i love it user!

It would also help if they stop dropping their combos

In general what buttons are unsafe? Is it just heavies? Lots of people do a 2H after a block 5H and then you have to do something character specific to keep it safe.

But medium buttons are at least safe right? just not positive?

has it happened in tourny yet? I don't think it could possibly happen when people aren't just autocomboing back and forth because the closest I've ever gotten was 6 after a little over 100 games

>tfw I play black
>tfw I never play that many blacks compared to how much everyone seems there are
>tfw I do play a black, he is pretty shitty and I kill him pretty quick.

I do not understand the whole complaint about character overuse. I use like maybe 12 characters. I'm seeing a great deal of different characters. The only one I haven't seen much online is majin buu and maybe yamcha.