/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

woof woof

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Balance patches? In my Monster Hunter?: capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/08
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cCE_bEuDIvg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Open world was a mistake

please help me farm toaster. 3HX3LPbi4sB

Peco for World!

>that Deviljho trailer
holy fuck he's going to use lesser monsters as weapons

What is this? Words for ants?

>170+ hours
>HR 60+
>All 1-8 star quests completed
>Almost all gunlances at max rank
Someone please stop me, I need to go back to my life.

why can't I harvest what I want
it's just shows trash herbs options

What non damaging skills would you say are most important for certain weapons. For instance I say Hammer really wants Earplugs.

>full page of tempered elders

BASED exploit

Xth for Kirin butts!

>baww why can't I take a minute to load between areas QoL changes that make the game less retarded are for casuals

Weird how there are still people using anything other than shattercyst/+/Legia, but power to you.

Heh, spray patterns he says

What decos should I be duping?

Inb4 patched.
Havnt been online since patch. Wanna make a bunch before I get the update.

How??

Kirin

>supporting game balance patches/nerfs before next game in the series
>all of a sudden your weapon automatically becomes weaker because some people online complained
>in a non-pvp game

How can you support this? So if enough japs complain on twitter about something, they can get anything nerfed. And they didn't even do a good job at it, LBG sucks at everything now.
CB can still do 700+ damage hits in a single button combo, every few seconds.
LBG can still cheese with cluster bombs and get sub 2 min kills.
Bow can still do 700+ damage hits with a single jump action.
Are they gonna nerf those too when people start using it en masse? Kill yourself capcomshills and capcomdicksuckers.

Nice meme. If you think LBG is the only weapon that's gonna be affected, you're wrong.

What exploit

Monster Hunter World isn't fun

please tell me there is another way to get free element skill, I'm already getting tired in """fighting""" Zorah Magdaros again and again for a fucking gem that never drops

can someone explain where specific decorations come from? is it from hunting certain monsters or something else?

it really isnt

Why did you copy the post, but not fix the typo? Fuck off.

Kirin armor
and the Charm

Attack for Melding and anything you might want for QoL.

I duped Exploit; Stun, Sleep, Para Resist; Attack; Dragon.

I cannot put into words how fucking happy I am that neither of my weapons of choice need a single Lavasioth part across every single weapon and tree.

HR Kirin legs grant +2.

B I N G

Then what would you suggest?

I'm already running
Handicraft 4 (soon to be 5)
Weakness Exploit 3
Attack 5 (eventually 7)
Focus 3

I got 3 level 2 slots left over which is for crit boost

Seeing a lot of high HR people using the Kadachi Bow

How come?

someone shop a dick under it, the messier the better

Is it just me. Or is /mhg/ really bad at responding to questions?

Is Great Girros's strategy really that he constantly has a posse for paralysis gimmicks?

Yeah I'm at like my 90th hour and I'm like "When does this get fun?" Game sucks.

You're still wrong and posting it in a new thread doesn't make less wrong. Slicing wasn't working as intended, get over it.

Shut up capcomdrone

welp, I don't have enough rank to fight it nor have his quest unlocked... I guess my sleep lance gonna have to wait

shut up retard google it if you want an answer

I didn't get an answer last thread, is Legia Shattercryst a good HBG?

please i dont want to stick a pen through my eye

Maybe

Glad everyone is having fun!

Can anyone spoonfeed me a good set for HH?

slicing ammo made an easy game even easier and fucked over blademasters. I honestly couldn't give any shits about capcom nerfing anything , because I'll find something I enjoy playing and play that instead of just playing whatever is the strongest.

Odo flipping back all over is annoying as fuck. In the end it only hits me with bites.

>14 decos for 3 that can turn to shit
>"Data will be saved upon proceeding with the ritual, and consumed items cannot be restored."
>"Continue?"
almost makes me want to dupe shit

I don't understand the rationalization of this.

Crits aren't guaranteed, so even if you get a couple 140%s in a row, it won't always make up for a dearth of them, especially if you can get 100% Affinity for 125%ers.

Why do they make cats so tasty looking?

What are some super important noob tips?

I was told to use flash pods but I'm not sure how to get them, and how do I make / get shock traps?

They seem useful since my weapon is slow.

Man, how much harder is it to cut tails in multi compared to solo? If you're the only one doing it, it seems to take ages

is there anyway to cheese this instakill combo shithorse Kirin?

I see cameras are falling for the dof meme too

there are no good hbgs in the game

>Tfw the victory screen shows your priorities
I just wanted that tail

>Radial Menu resets after every quest

Bug? What do?

I'm trying, but I'm also dumb as shit. I play super unoptimized builds because I'm lazy and don't want to farm for +1 attack decos for 8 hours and would rather have a mediocre build that I can steadily improve than to break my soul grinding out something that makes the game trivial, and in the process make the game not fun/frustrating because of the grinding.

>nothing happens here
I found anja there once

I didn't know there's a toaster monster.

Can't if you updated.
But I plan on making 99 attack decos just for the 64 melding points.

Eventually I'll blow through them all and have nothing to show for it.

>help Japs in an SOS
>they keep me from carving after

>Need 3 piece Kushala to fight Kushala without it being a chore

Nice meme Capcom

Radial menu gets saved along with your item Belt loadout.

damn would this be better on hammer or dual blades?

Yeah, he even brings them with him into the Event arena this week.

It's hard to give out full bodied answers to questions when I'm playing the game, right now is a good time so I'm trying my best, sorry m8

It's really good, I've been using the tree for the last 70 missions

you know what monster im talking about

Wanting to start up IG, what skills should I be on the lookout for? What IGs are even good? I know everyone just uses the blast speed kinsect.

kek nice screenshot desu

>Slicing wasn't working as intended, get over it.
that's fine but they didn't buff normal, pierce and ele enough to make up for it
>12% buff on the worst ammo type in the game
yeah good shit

Are you using the item loadouts after every quest? The saved item loadouts also save your radial menu.

set radial to how you want, then save your item loadout

It's tied to your item sets. Same with item bar sorting too.

you dont play HH, unless you want to be a horner corner

Any recommendations for Lance armor? I'm in HR and just finished the volcano expedition

>jump down the Vale's first camp
>one shot by baan rolling around
hi to you too sir, have a nice day

I've been doing that event quest for a couple hours and I'm literally drowning in windproof decos

>tfw taking forever to get a lance streamstone and losing motivation
>tfw even if i got one it'd just be for grinding the same shit but slightly better

Best switchaxe?

>join some japs on a tempered azure rath investigation
>started 2 mins ago
>spawn at camp grab a meal
>quest failed
literally how

I mean it's meant to be a statistical sort of thing, 10% means in theory you should get 1 crit out of every 10, which is why at the bottom it's the average damage of all 10 hits. If you want to compare if it's worth getting more affinity or crit boost, just take the CB% and go up 3 tiers to the non CB affinity average.

At 50%, the bigger crits would average out not getting them as much, but that's not taking into account WHAT attacks crit obviously.

>doing something for 90 HOURS that you don't even like
holy shit

Right now it's /v/ + reddit's shitbaby. Give it two more months and we will be back to the way it was. Sorry we're missing questions, we're too busy playing the game and laying low for a while. These threads are just /v/ cancer since launch.

Only recently started using HBG but it seems like it's probably the undisputed best Pierce gun. I initially thought it would be Diablos but the mag size just kills it.

If I fuck up the trap positioning do I have no option but to restart the whole fucking mission?
The game isn't letting me set another trap, it has a big fucking X over it no matter where I am.

except you don't? you just need to bring flashpods and flashbugs

Lance can be mobile as hell

youtube.com/watch?v=cCE_bEuDIvg

Hello user?

Either I would imagine? More chances to stun at a lower rate or a higher rate of stunning. Part of me says the hammer because it makes more sense to do what you already so well better, but DB are also great at applying statuses. I'd say pick which you prefer, but I'm sure someone else has actually crunched the numbers on it though.

press O at your trap to destroy it
got to tent and pick another one from your box

>Check Event
>Slay two Kirin

W..wow...

I spent the first 60 hours of playing this game preaching the world of /mhg/ how great both pierce and shattercyst could be and I'm happy people now see the light, even if it took a slice nerf.

Flash pods are more of a High Rank thing, and even then I only ever bring them out against Diablos negro, those glowing bugs you can find around the map, for example in Jagras nest? Net them.

Lightning bugs + Trap kits (have to be bought) make shock traps

FUCK WHY THE GAME NEVER TELLS ME THIS

ideally you're hitting the head, so anything with weakness exploit
the rest is up to you. pick armor skills that your toots dont cover i guess

what a weird dragon

YAAAYYYYY I GOT MY WEAKNESS EXPLOIT GEMM

FUCK EVERYTHING I AM HAPPY FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A LONG TIME I LOVE YOU /MHG/ ((/v/))

>think about playing monster hunter FU
>get a PSP emulator, start running through village quests
>green plesioth
nevermind :)

I mean just stand next to the trap and there's a big button promt
you might be blind or stupid

>have been playing mh3u as a lance bitch for about 30 hours to eventually carry over the acquired skills into world
>still feel like I just picked it up minutes ago
I really don't know what to say about this weapon.
The movement, the constant need to sit through the clunkiest sheathing animation in the world, the non-fluid transitions between attacks all feel like garbage. The fact that it's a stupid fucking jousting lance with a shield doesn't help to feel cooler either.
Yet the 100% block on almost fucking everything even without the guard skill, the ability to poke, the ability to cut tails and the most satisfying fucking parries in the world are all incredible.
Do I just keep gitting gooder and I eventually ascend or is it pretty much the same forever?