/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 10th of February:
1258 – Baghdad falls to the Mongols, and the Abbasid Caliphate is destroyed.
1567 – Lord Darnley, second husband of Mary, Queen of Scots, is found strangled following an explosion at the Kirk o' Field house in Edinburgh, Scotland, a suspected assassination.
1763 – French and Indian War: The Treaty of Paris ends the war and France cedes Quebec to Great Britain.
1814 – The Battle of Champaubert ends in French victory over the Russians and the Prussians.
1840 – Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom marries Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.
1846 – British defeat Sikhs in final battle of the war
1861 – Jefferson Davis is notified by telegraph that he has been chosen as provisional President of the Confederate States of America.
1939 – Spanish Civil War: The Nationalists conclude their conquest of Catalonia and seal the border with France.
1940 – The USSR begins deportations of Polish citizens from eastern Poland to Siberia.

# Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
DH DD 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058632/
DH 1.05 Patch 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058633/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>[V2] - Niggermod
pastebin.com/Xgjd5LvG

>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.2
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/r8HSkLwM
tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2012/04/why-god-wants-us-to-wait-until-marriage-for-sex/
mega.nz/#!jFxgyBLa!buY6165R-TnvYNhb05Mm2Y0CN9KQ5w2eK39BXK_uqxA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's been a while since we got to see your boarders. Post them as well as surrounding europe.

I'm male ;_;

Also I forgot to say, using this pastebin.com/r8HSkLwM if you want to target a region, open HPM\map\region.txt and grab the region ID (ENG_1, USA_1, etc).
I'm such a fucking retard sorry all.

Yeah I know, I fucked up sorry.

see

You expected it to be shit?

Things are... Tricky. Where in Surtr's name is Hrane pulling all these warriors from? I devastated his lands, he shouldn't have the shields and axes for this many warriors! I smashed two of his armies in the field and killed hundreds and he's STILL nearly my equal in numbers! Add to that, even though he's a madman, he's actually slightly better as a commander than even Gunnar!

It's come down to this after a lot of maneuvering. I have the river on my side, so this SHOULD turn out well, but I'm still offering prayers to Odin.

Ooh, don't get me fantasising about beautiful young men sailing longships full of gold to my doorstep. I can't afford to be distracted! I'm coming of age soon too, so you have no IDEA how busy I am with that AND the war!

I'll see if I can find a map somewhere around here. I assure you, they aren't impressive. I may style myself as 'queen' but my lands are surprisingly small. I still know how to use what I have though!

Yeah sorry, today is not my day, just fuck me.

;_; Why did you ask then?

>pirate EU4
>turn it on
>metal starts playing
>uninstall EU4

>pirate EU4

Well... Shit.

Someone get a messenger to the Sami Band. Looks like we need them after all.

>Install HOI4 just for shits and giggles.
>Sabaton soundtrack.
When are they gonna fuck off with this shit no one fucking likes those guys.

How did you manage to lose? Was it close?

>those little causalities
the fuck?

Why is the map so retarded looking damn.
It looks worse than HoI3 in every way.

m*ttoids btfo by based yellow men

you were warned you fucking communist scum, we just wanted what is ours

I think it's because they arrived in two waves. One of my flanks ran off theirs so quickly, that it spent forever chasing them down, rather than contributing to the main battle. Without their support, when the other flank fell, the centre was pressed upon by both sides.

At least I think that's what happened... Hmm... Now I understand what mother meant about taking my studies more seriously and not just relying on my own intelligence. Odin's own hindsight, it seems.

Neither of us had cavalry, so pursuit, where the vast majority of casualties take place, was kind of a wash.

Anyway, I have the Sami now and THIS time, I'm commanding one of the flanks PERSONALLY. I will take what's mine with my own hands! I'm excited~! This is my first ever military expedition, the first time I'll face real danger! I can't wait!

HAHAHAA I'm so lucky just got a PU with france

Because I was hoping I could give you what you wanted, I'm sorry

dumb SJW libkuks blown the FUARK out EPICLY

e1nm

thanks

W-wait, when did you decide not to marry that cute slave- I mean slav?

*sends down a horde of niggers on you*
heh... nothing personnel krautKEK....

>brother is dead
When did this happen?

What's so retarded about it?

since common sense eu4 isn't terrible

For simulation eu3 is better, but it has less replayability when it comes to mechanics.

It has that white vaseline smeared in everything. Good thing that there are map mods and you can fix it in 5 seconds.
It also feels like it has considerable less provinces than HoI3, but could be just me.

Now THAT is more what I like to see! We even managed to take Hrane himself prisoner as we cut down his huscarls at the end of the battle! This war is as good as over!

And oh my GODS, battle was- Everything I'd ever imagined it to be and at the same time NOTHING like I'd imagined it to be! I can't even begin to describe the RUSH! Blood and steel and bodies-! And the NOISE! It was tremendous; like Thor himself was hammering the mountains to dust! I'm shaking, terrified, my axe is coated in blood and I can't honestly believe I lived through that... But at the same time I want nothing more than to do it again! Over and over, cutting my way through dozens of the enemy until only I and mine stand on the field! Fighting for your life and coming out victorious is the greatest feeling in the world-!

I-I need a minute... Or several. Actually give me a whole day, involving a bath, a bed and as handsome a young warrior as I can possibly find. I don't especially care about the order those come in (though he'd better not take that as a challenge).

Back here. Jaromar was pretty, but a lying snake who thought himself far cleverer than he was. Puresh is a sweet boy who's just as beautiful and far better conversationalist. He's from Merya, towards the eastern steppes, but he honours the Finnish gods. Well, maybe I can convert him.

Oh poor Ingolfr died of the slow fever some six years ago now. My half-brother, Barid, took over his holdings when he was just a baby and his guardians then lost them, which is why I'm currently fighting to take them back.

>For simulation eu3 is better
How? Combat seems like absolute shit.
None of the EU games really get the "simulation" part down at all.

No one likes you

Pretty sure my dog likes me.

>How?
Eu4 gives everyone national ideas that are based on stuff that happened hundreds of years after the game start, which most likely won't happen during your playthrough making it highly deterministic and a poor simulation for your nation. They are not a product of what happens in the game.
There are a few instances of that in eu3, but it isn't nearly as widespread since there are no national ideas. Just a few decisions for a few nations.
In eu3 you instead have your domestic policies and non national ideas.

The supply and demand of price isn't perfect, but it's better than the clunky price change events of eu4. I think eu4 had supply/demand early on, but they scrapped it because it was a resource hog.

Tech disparity between different parts of the world is handled better.
You can't just funnel mana into a desert province so it becomes rome 2.0.

I'm fine with mana for tech, but I think eu3 handles it better in that you invest over time instead of making an instant buy of a tech.

>49 men died
Wew

i won't be reconstructed and i do not care a damn....

is DH more or less easier to get into than HOI3?

epic one macon

why the fuck does HIP show ID of every character

me

Don't even try to start this again.

Maybe HIP isn't that shit after all

start what again?

So it's good on paper basically?
I see people praising it saying it's way better than EU4 but are people just comparing shit to shit?

based

>ywn see a game with DH politics & diplomacy, hoi3 combat, and hoi4 production

tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2012/04/why-god-wants-us-to-wait-until-marriage-for-sex/

>hoi4 production
thank god for that

>hoi4 production
shit

>hoi4 production

>le it's bad because it's hoi4
it only does one thing right and it's production

dumb shitposters. hoi4 production system is the one thing (((paradox))) did right. you produce actual equipment to equip your brigades with rather than producing arbitrary brigades and upgrading them. which means that obsolete equipment can always be re-used, and you can autistically choose a unique combination of equipment in each brigade. not to mention the much improved division builder.

Samefag

samefag

Do I look like a cross-botherer to you? I honour the gods of my ancestors, not your no-fun-allowed corpse-on-a-stick!

Besides, I'm the queen. I do what I want and if what I want is a beautiful young warrior making me feel like- Well that's what I'll get!

Finally found a map. Mock the size of my lands at your peril; I'm very proud of them and they have amazing growth potential! I'm only 16 after all; I have my whole life ahead of me!

What nation would be based to play, that's not currently in vic2 or is rarely played

Not in as in not at start or not in all together?

Monaco

Samefag

Hey Jerusalem user is there anyway we can get your vicky conversion?

samefag

>women leading men into battle
I didn't think would be encouraged by nords.

I can try uploading it somewhere, gimme a sec

Samefag

samefag

Sorbs

Your land compared to denmark is almost baffling.
What's that rebelion I'm seeing?

Slovenia

>70 posts in and nobody comments on the infopic

What? There are only White games in the infotopic

Yeah you're right, it's a based infopic

>there are only white games in the infopic
true
true

all are me

>R&I finally leaves
>nobody gives a shit about thread wars anymore

Nice try

Thanks bruv

>literally verbotten in any circumstances to grab a neighboring chinese state with 2M+ pops
Try to stop me alex I dont care about your random restrictions
Also coal, yay

WHITE

So did you just edit it out or what?

Say that to the edge of my axe and see what happens. I am their queen; they will follow me and I will give them victory. It's that simple. As long as we keep winning and I keep giving them rings of gold for their arms, as well as meat and mead for their bellies, they'll follow.

Rebellion? What rebellion? There's no rebellion in Denmark; that's just them getting their shit pushed in by the Fins. There was some squabble over an island or something... If you mean the one down in Fancia, I have no idea what nonsense the Christians are up to. I only know that their symbol is two crossed keys, so I'm guessing it's some kind of religious dispute.

Denmark expanded a lot. Now I'm doing the same. There's a Christian sitting on what should be my land, so I'm going to take his stuff.

I've also commissioned a runestone be raised in my father's memory, just as I said I would... But that's left the treasury drained and I do like gold, so after I'm done with the Danes, I'll be going back and bullying the Franks. It's a family tradition.

Does le meme WC nation have South Han accepted?

Yeah I removed the pop limit for asian countries

Thats the only reason to play as Ryukyu

nice try

Reminder that Huey Long did nothing wrong

You aren't me.

>Thats the only reason to play as Ryukyu
I mean in HPM. Did you mod it to be like that?

it starts with jap and south han, which means it has the most accepted pops outside of china itself

How do I unfuck myself? War deced Lithuania after back to back wars: First a coalition against Poland where I singlehandedly saved the poles from ruin, lost about 45K manpower (total losses were about 150k on each side). Then I greeded against Muscovy while they were at war with a horde alliance (Kazan, Crimea, GH). They ended up finishing their war alot quicker than I thought so I used attrition and vassals to beat him. Costed me about 60K and him 80K. Ended up getting a province, 200 ducats and Pzosk as a vassal, which made Estonia dislyal. Then I greeded even furhter by declaring against Lithuania who broke free from their PU and were facing revolts, was beating them despite manpower shortage when a year into the war my Civil War fires, and the Danes declare against me in a trade war. (Poland of course refuses the call to arms despite 200 relation and 70 trust, as well as 20 favors). At the moment I just lost all remnants of my army, took a shit ton of loans and have about 10k troops including vassals and mercs. Enemy is on tech 7 but does not have cannons, I just bought about 2. Is there any hope or should I just quit? The only upside is that I didnt sell my Carracks and I captured one so my navy kicks ass, could try and blockade but Lithuania and Danish vassal navy combined could wipe me.

what gaem

I have France, Northern Italy, Germany, and Eastern Europe all under my thumb. What's even the point of continuing to play. Why am I so good at these games. I can't wait for land ownership, royal councils, citizenship, slavery, succession, tribes, and the market system to be added. I need more to do with my blob.

>just quit
How about you take a loss and keep playing?

Pic related

Here you go mega.nz/#!jFxgyBLa!buY6165R-TnvYNhb05Mm2Y0CN9KQ5w2eK39BXK_uqxA
Before extracting the files I recommend you rename your HPM mod folder to avoid overwriting, then extract everything into your Victoria 2/mod folder

excuse me?

Are the plebs there converted already?
If so... good luck. ;^)

You're Sweden?
Serves you right