/xgg/ - Xenogames General #105

USE SPOILER TAGS
Please note that Veeky Forums Rule #3 is being enforced.

========== Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ==========
>XBC2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XBC game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/whyaLFk0

>XBC2 Advanced FAQ (Tips, Combat, Quests, Misc, early/mid game and late game separated)
pastebin.com/xr0dT5mq

>XBC2 Blade combo elemental charts
i.imgur.com/JUWNMOw.jpg

>XBC2 Info Doc. Please help contribute
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/

>XBC2 Artbook link
drive.google.com/open?id=1l8EuZcAvfNAVKyHuK6bSr5NxpiaUdXYD
e-hentai.org/g/1168674/90d830fe38/

>XBC2 Fanworks
pastebin.com/hbD8EEKQ

>OP (For new threads)
pastebin.com/pEC894BK

========== Xenoblade Chronicles X ==========
>XBCX Links pastebin
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY
==============================

If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Previous:

I like the juxtaposition.

I'm going to play as Patroka in hopes that she might get some good lines on par with Agate maybe.

I'm hoping that there's some way, somehow, to turn them into drivers. I want to fill my party with cute girls.

>Mikahil is a usable blade even though he's only a Blade eater

>only
did you sperg out during Chapter 6 and Chapter 9??
he is a full Blade Eater, not just fragments like Zeke and Rex

>When you realize you can't put Patroka and Morag for triple Waifu Squad because she's a damage dealer and you can't put Mikahil with Zeke for the bro team because he's a tank

>Being restricted by roles
Free yourself. You can do anything.

What's Mikhail's element?

>the power to endure hardships
takahashi REALLY knows what he’s doing here, doesn’t he?

Looks like dark.

Should I try to get Kos-Mos before NG+, or should I roll for her in NG+ where summons can be skipped and there are more rare blades to boost the rate?

I'm pretty sure these are going to be the element types and battle roles for all of the new Blades.

>Akhos: Lightning HLR
>Patroka: Earth ATK
>Mikhail: Dark TNK
>Sever: Wind TNK
>Obrona: Lightning ATK
>Perdido: Fire ATK
>Cressidus: Earth TNK

You should wait. Getting KOS-MOS as the last blade was such a bitch.

>Ahkos and Petroka are opposite element
Huh, that’s a neat touch.

so what type of Items do you expect to be sold in the EXP shop??

we know one is an expansion to let you equip 3 items instead of 2

maybe Overdrive Protocols??

Is she going to be this flexible when she's married and settled down with Rex?

>>Akhos: Lightning HLR
>Already have Kora on Rex and Vess on Nia
>>Patroka: Earth ATK
>Already have Wulfric on Rex and Agate on Zeke
>>Mikhail: Dark TNK
>Already have dark tank on Rex and Morag and Zeke already has two Darkness Blades
>>Sever: Wind TNK
Well Morag gets a wind Blade at last.
>>Obrona: Lightning ATK
>Again Kora on Rex and Zeke has Pandy
>>Perdido: Fire ATK
Good since Dagas ended up on Nia somehow now Zeke can have one
>>Cressidus: Earth TNK
And an Earth Tank for Morag.

Why does the land of Morytha look a lot like New L.A.?

is not about element but move sets, im hopping one of the enable solo Driver Smash outside of Tora

>Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V. Add some filters, a little touching down of models...and we have an area.
It's almost like Japanese games are on tight budgets

It's about elements for me. I just chain attack shit to death once they hit 50%

Where did you get this list from?

I mean it works in their favor in this case. I would not be surprised if they literally ripped some assets from X considering XC2 and XCX were in development at the same time if I am not mistaken.

I want to impregnate Zenobia

No where, I just wrote it up based on characters' elemental weaknesses in boss battles, what kinds of arts they use in those battles, and confirmations like in the screen in that post.

>not swapping the old has-been Blades for the fresh new ones anyway

>It's almost like Japanese games are on tight budgets
and 40man team and only 2 years

I was already mean enough to Agate by not actually doing her big character moment fight in the dead titan and just grabbing the item. I can't kick her off for Patroka after that.

And I think the X buildings themselves are refitted buildings from Xenosaga.

I am suffering Tiger Tiger.
Is there any chance it can be automated? Doesn't have to be efficient, just need to collect the crystals really

I just reached the Central Factory in XC and I think I'm in love with this game now.
Bionis should have been a third of the length it was. The good stuff starts when reaching Mechonis.

Too bad it's almost over

Wulfric is for ________!

fighting Sever

I-in bed to see who's going to top that night, r-right? Why would the two best blades fight otherwise?

Pretty sure you can't even get Wulfric until after Roc
I might be wrong cause I skipped most combat after Gormott cause I was over leveled and Named CCs are on battle timers

I believe you can awaken Wulfric before the Malos and Ahkos fight, but I'm not sure.

Wulfric didn't have his core light up until right after Roc's for me. I don't know if that's the same for everyone.

They will probably be there as well as super strong accessories. Probably Weaponry for Noobs/Intermediate/Ultimate and maybe something that gives you SP.

The whole leveling down to build up exp to buy things will be interesting.

It depends if its really time driven or linked to the main quest.

I think it is because Roc is supposed to be a tutorial for blade of drivers you've met.
Even though that doesn't need a tutorial

>all the Torna Blades are unique weapon types
fucking nice, this shit is gonna be great

Grinding Tiger Tiger is easily one of the worst things I’ve ever done and I dunno how you guys can put up with that chip-ass music loop that ends in getting a Titan Hunter I mod on Stage 5.

I just say 'Fuck that, waifu>Tora'

I just play tiger tiger when ever I have some down time. Like I dont try to make it a chore. Just something I can do like a quick pick up and play game for like 15 minutes.

Do it for her

Are superbossess meant to be taken at lvl 99? I killed douglas and the pipito on the factory pretty easy, but everyone else is fucking me pretty bad, I'm level 80 btw.

What the hell is this stupid cat's problem

Projecting

>have to choose between keeping quest progress and getting access to cool blades
why must i choose. Why can’t you have multiple save files like Xenoblade 1?

>Why can’t you have multiple save files like Xenoblade 1?
Because then you can more easily savescum the Gacha

This
The thought of having decked out poppis kept me going

just prevent copying the save.

RPGs don't believe in multiple save files anymore.

I don't grind Tiger Tiger, I play it from time to time for 15min at most

Why did Malos have Torna clothes even in the flashbacks to the Aegis war?

Maybe the rest of modern Torna based their armor on him?

Jin's waifu also wore that armor.

>Why can’t you have multiple save files like Xenoblade 1?
Can't you just make a new Nintendo account to have multiple files?

The key is to do it just for 15-20 min. I usually do it on my lunch break.

if you do it for hours on end you will burn the fuck out.

but that’s dumb, and you’d still not keep the pre NG+ file

Clever. Also, I want to fuck books, not swords.

It's better

I hate it when pople 'fix' character designs. do they realy think these tiny changes don't just make it worse?

Low quality bait

It IS better, her clothes are ridiculous

>barafag

Looks like shit but sure

>Hire me
I love how self-important these literal whos are

allahu ackbar

Some people say that Malos doing monado stuff feels hamfisted or forced. But since we know about the split dimensions could it be that in Rex's dimension the monado just happened to be used for evil while in Shulks it was used for good?

you dont understand what a monad is. I suggest looking it up or paying more attention in the games

not that it makes any more sense...

Shulk only had a monado because of Alvis. Every trinity processor had a monado,
it's just Pneuma never calls hers that.

Firstly what
said
Second, he's a retard that doesn't know Nintendo didn't make it, Monolithsoft did.
Can't understand the basic concept of third parties...yet thinks major companies should hire them.

The best element.

What went so right?

Vale, Azami and Percival are pretty good yes.

>FARTIST
>Hire me

Actually MonolithSoft belongs to Nintendo though.

So isnt Poppy, Pneuma, and basically any other blade the same? it is implied or outright stated that Pneuma is artificial. What if we too are just machine but we are so advanced down to the molecular level that we mistake ourselves as being biological? Maybe Pneuma is technically artificial its just that Poppy is leagues below her in her makeup.

So what's the matter with the Torna blades? At which point of the story you'll be able to unlock them?

They took a risk and it payed off. Though I kind of wish they delayed it so after the switch sales went up they would allow themselves more budget to work with.

Poppi didn't originate from a Crystal Core unlike all the other blades in existence.

>MonolithSoft
>third party
user, google "Monolith Soft" and tell me what pops up.

Gameplay.
Story is too bipolar for me between legitimately funny moments to cringworthy melodrama
The Characters are mostly cliche no matter how much you like them, with Morag only breaking the mold because you almost expect a dominant sadist given her weapon and alignment to an Empire.
The game itself however is good, with nice amounts of rewarding exploration to be had (at least until we get past Tempteria then it slims down a LOT) and with a strong combat system that even if you don't master it can still be used to great effect. Plus Rare Blades as frustrating they and the effects of their gacha cause is still a way you can make the game different on subsequent playthroughs.

This reminds me of something I'm amazed never came up again in the game or got discussed at all

humans in this game run on ether too, right? when vandham stabbed himself, ether came out. I seem to recall seeing rex and homura's scratches in red, but the guy who "bled" just shot out black stuff, and vandham has blue inside..
also with the cloud sea gone at the end how is the ether cycle going to continue?

Second party then.
Point is Nintendo is not the person who sends out hiring forms or who the retard should be asking.
They probably would say no because he isn't Japanese anyway.

You're a hammer, you're not good regardless of element

Imagine thinking that was typed unironically

Imagine being this much of a cancerous minmaxer.

I’ve been playing Xenoblade 2 for about 30 hours now.
Does it get better? JRPGs are notorious for their slow start, but usually they have at least one hook to keep me playing (Interesting setting, cool characters, intriguing story, fun battle system...), but so far this has done nothing for me.

Imagine playing handheld

Don't talk about my daughter like that you little shit.

It's not minmax, hammers are just not fun to play.

Wrong. If you can't find the fun in going full fortress mode, you might as well just run on home to mommy Mythra and have some Double Spinning Edge spam for dinner again.

Most people say it gets good after Chapter 3.
I find it gets good once you get more adjusted with the battle system