/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Post killscreens edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Balance patches? In my Monster Hunter?: capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/08
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

may.2chan.net/b/res/539659791.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What if you flexed while moving.

may.2chan.net/b/res/539659791.htm
Futaba's MHW thread

3rd for 3U was the peak of MH

need help with double tempered bazel quest. 6EifWijPHy8R

Underwater hunts were the peak

Post platform, not just Session ID

When are we getting a snow-based area?

I want to fuck a monster TONIGHT

I am SORELY tempted to use this week's gold print for an anja gem, but I feel like I should instead use it for a daora gem because I don't want to farm that cunt

underwater hunts were garbage

>sleep for 10.5h
>still feel turbo tired after 3-4 hours
>almost falling asleep when playing

fuck why

i cant fucking sleep for half a day

I always wonder if they complain about how shit gaijins are

Anyone? Why are all Japanese using Karma/Onigashima?

ps4, i forget that xbone exists, sorry

Remove scoutflies.

Same thing, flexing made using potions risky. Having to remain still after using one made you have to time your health item use with an enemy's recovery from another attack.
We won't be. Being that the first "DLC" is a single monster, I can't believe people still think they'll release an entire biome.

Is it just me, or should there not be someone getting a gathering maniac card on a fucking elder dragon slaying quest unless its zorah?

What do you mean? I've built all 4 camps and I always try to close the distance as fast as possible but even I spam fast traveling to the nearest camp it's always hard to catch up with him because the fucker just flies all over the map so frequently.

Maybe if you only had one stick
But with 2 sticks they were fun and easy

Reposting because I need some OG MOnster Hunter player answer

Does the "Abnormal Status Atk. Increased" on the Teostra's Horn stacks with the "Blast attack" skill? Or is there a cap for blast build up?

Basically no reload time on anything. It means it can shoot more consistently.

Not all of us like fighting.

They should implement what scoutflies react to. I don't like them highlighting rocks and berries when I want to track a monster.

Yeah flexing was such a great mechanic and gave the game such personality that everyone used bomb barrels on themselves so they could skip it instead of having to sit there while their hunter admired their biceps while a giant monster ten feet away from them was rearing back to roast them alive with fire breath
Gee

Oversleeping is bad. 7-8 hours is always best, you can't really tag on more hours to feel less sleepy

What's the best Spread HBG?

I wish the home town had your session players in it as well.

Hammer bros, what are your favorite hammers, and why?

Blast is counted as a status attack so I would suppose so?

They really are just like us...

Karma and Onigashima are different weapons

I'm not saying that it made the game fun, I'm saying that it made it different. That's what's important. What makes MH different is being whittled away, and soon it'll just be another Call of Duty/Battlefield type game where it isn't unique, it's just another yearly shit out videogame

>get to the elder dragons
>start eating shit on every 7* and above mission
REEEEEEEEEEEE MAKE IT STOP
I got un-gud please help

BEST ELEMENT DB

DRAGON
NERGIGANTE

FIRE
ANJA

WATER
JYRUATODUS

ICE
LEGIANA

THUNDER
KIRIN

Remember to use X Element Attack III charm and 2x Element Attack Gems

2pc Rath is required

The best hunter is a fashion hunter.

Post your fashion builds.

Tio.

Is there even a point to Daora GS?
For example, against Kirin, wouldn't Nerg's deal more damage anyway simply because raw power?
I have both GS but it seems I'm missing out damage whenever I'm using Daora's

is this from nippon chan?

The fact that it's not in world kill me inside.

zorah
it looks really cool
blast is a really cool effect

>think no way the monster isn't low enough to cap yet
>wait
>wait some more, wait
>no skull icon, no limping
>wait
>nothing
>fine, shoot it once
>it dies right away

epic

yeah thanks to (((gooble))) page translation

There is a cap for blast build up but it should still stack. IIRC there's a cap for all elemental build up

you need to have lv3 scoutflies to show the icon

I've been using Grandrock II. Damage isn't as great as Barroth/Diablos/Nerg hammers, but those are ugly as fuck and clash with my Bazel gear.

Might use the Zorah hammer later on once I get around to Xeno. Just have Vaal to take care of first.

Did you look at the heart rate monitor?

How to cure vaal hazak status effect

Where do you find the Karma weapon because I don't have it

nullberry

I agree on those choices, but elemental attack seems to stop actually doing anything past a certain point. For leggy and nerg, going past +2 doesn’t seem to have an impact. Kirin at least goes up to 3

Oh really
No, I'm an idiot.
What do I want the heart rate monitor to say? He was enraged when he died btw so maybe it messes with that

nulberry, user

nullberries nigga
It's basically the universal status cleaner

>He doesn't bring might seeds to eat on every hunt.

Mark of a shitter.

Null berries or Miasma decos
Hornetaur +3 miasma jewels is my Vaal hunting gear.

>Not going full ultra instinct and know right away when the monste is ready to be cap

oh never mind, found it

How many seconds is the duration?

>using any items to beat the monster
True Hunters fight mano a mano after bowing to the monster. Yes, you will kill them, but show them a moment of respect before the honorable duel begins

does changing the ps4 native res to 720p really help framerate or is that just a meme?

For the Diablos hammer, should I augment for atttack or affinity?

I believe it shows their "vitals" falling and getting close to flatlining but I might be wrong. I was using that to judge whether or not Great Jagras was ready for capture yesterday since I usually kill him before he can leave

I was playing 4U and i got to Nerscylla and it really made me realize how dull monsters in World are. Everything is dinosaurs and dragons and they all move around on the map so plainly. Nerscylla was badass and creeped me out a bit. When it catches you in a web or knocks you out with toxin and then scuttles over to you to examine your body before stabbing you. Just the monster movements in these older games seem better. Not like Kirin's dumb ass walking into a wall for 4 seconds because it can't turn fast enough.

That just changes the video output user
Everything will still be rendered at the same resolution

no thanks

I think the heart rate monitor only shows normal, rage and exhausted state of the monster, not whether it is ready to be captured; though obviously being low enough to be captured and being exhausted often go hand in hand in reality

It's roughly two minutes, if it is like the old seed buff duration is. Drugs are until death, and pills are as long as you don't get hit (if I recall right). Pills actually seem pretty good for gunners in that sense, since they're supposed to never get hit (or they die instantly).

should i aim for elemental damage with LS or just raw + crits?

Normal 2 reload on Karma and Nergi lbg is the same

coral highlands had a bunch of ice shit

i only pray it's ""growing pains"" but generally that just lends to laziness so here's hoping

I'm so sick of wyverns

nope

Anyone figured out a better LBG build to replace slicing? I was thinking of doing a shotgun build with spread ammo but I don't know any LBG that has multi fire with it.

>or if it's even worth it

I like my ranged weaponry

Pic related

>tfw i accidentally foddered my miasma gems for melding
is this old fart ever gonna update her list?

I do want the insect monsters back

Not really, it's not a zone that would really work with the snow monsters of before

I couldn't really see a Lagombi fight happening there and being any fun, it'd just run the same route as Tzitzi

I had a single ice element monster.

>A bunch.
>It's literally only Leggy.

It's depressing, honestly. That map could use so many more monsters on it. Though the same could be said for the other maps too. Except for the Everstream, that place is just fucking garbage.

>bunch
>one monster
Are you sure? Highlands is more like Heaven's mount/Misty Peaks than the actual snow area

heart rate monitor is too ambiguous, sometimes I would have it flatlining and the fucking thing won't capture

skull icon on map is sure way to tell if a monster is capturable

>is this old fart ever gonna update her list?
never

It had legi and that was it

Is there a point to locking on as melee?

>is there a point to locking on ever in any circumstance
no

It's not always accurate.
If the heartrate is 'flatlining' it means it's extremely close to capture state, but there's been multiple times when I've wasted traps/bombs because it still needed like 4-5 hits

FUCK

Locking on actually makes the game harder I don't know why anyone would use it.

Barroth and nergi have rapid fire spread 1 They're the same except barroth is lower rarity and has -20% affinity.

I enjoy it. Just go full close range attack up and shoot them in the fucking face

I would pay so much money to eat a feast like this.

I thought it was all the same conditions just more powerful

>tfw someone from /mhg/ says you are a good GS user

the kabobs always look really good

is there the usual all element up skill to combine with X element?

Come on GSbros

a variety of them stack

I tried to capture one of those cats in the waste but fucked up and now its not respawning.
do I need to delete my save

World is my first MH game and this is one of my biggest complaints. Why the fuck are there so many fucking dragon variations? This isn't Wyvern Hunter.
I think like literally 90% of monsters are a reptile of some sort, I want fluffy monsters, spooky monsters, more amphibious monsters, alien monsters. Like imagine even if there was a giant gorilla/chimpanzee with big ass fangs and claws.