Subnautica

Subnautica Thread: I played hardcore mode for the first time and 72 hours in I died after running myself over with my seamoth edition.

FML

Hardcore mode is the only mode you should play this game, it's not really hard to survive but mistakes (fucking wrecks) can end the game anytime.

The sound in this game is great, I hope they never fire the sound designer.

>fill your inventory with another oxygen bottle or two
Wow, so hard.

I stared death in the eye yesterday, after dropping way down into the lost river with my PRAWN without knowing how to get back out. Made it back into my habitat at 270m shortly before I would've died of dehydration.
The sane evening I started building a habitat down there.

Yeah, that was a big selling point for me.

is this game worth 20 eurobucks

>discovered caves with cryst. sulfur and large alium bones
>found cuddlefish and raped juvenile ghost levi to death with my prawn suit
>scanned literally everything in this place
>still have a felling that i'm missing something

isn't there supposed to be a pathway to a whole different kind of cave system, with different resources and cool shit to find?

I finally built the antirad suit with the fast toy ship and headed to the big ship. I got jumped on by a huge horned fish i nearly shit my pants. I can't seem to find the entrance and it's starting to get dark.

I just discovered the primary containment facility, found out I needed another blue key, got it, came back, met the sea emperor, got the hatching ingredients, made the hatching enzyme, went back to my base by the meme tree, tried to remove a window so I could build a moonpool, and my game crashed. A good 3 hours of fucking around lost, but it felt like 10 because of the gay fetch mission. I don't wanna do it all again bros.

Absolutely

DEEPER

Go down

It still goes way down from there

Well shit, it looks like I'll have to take a long stroll in that toxic green water in order to find it.

Thanks for the info tho.

How can any human beeing play for more than 30min chunks without doing a quicksave?
Its like a second nature for me every time I complete a quest/objective, to not lose the progress.

I started a habitat down there at ~800m to do just that. Not a fun experience without a somewhat close FOB.

Where do I find the most Cyclops parts?

Engine parts around the Sunbeam landing island, the rest in a mushroom forest further away from the Aurora crash site.

Just started it, how the fuck do I make new storage?

Also giev tips for a newbie, what to craft and where to go to get a headstart?

I see, looked like upgrading the PRAWN crush depth is more feasible rn.

Go to the dunes for a head start, it's fairly peaceful and plenty of decent materials for starting out

Habitat Builder for building a base.
Floating storage can be crafted from your pod.

Just use your brain from here and explore.

If you have a prawn, you have means to go to those places already.

You need a habitat builder tool. That and a scanner should be your first goals I guess.

>it's fairly peaceful

Shhh. Leave you seamoth and come to the dunes.

DELET

I'm always scared of dropping too deep with it.

The mentioned Mushroom Forest is a little over 200m Deep.
If you have the Prawn, you've gone far enough to have a Seamoth and that's all you need to get the Cyclopse scans.

>try to build a kinda big base
>fps goes to shit

nice game

cyclops ruins the game do not build it until you have to

Oh, that's what you meant. Is it the mushroom forest with the abandoned Degasi habitat?

Roger that

Got into my prawn suit and jumped off the deep end. Made it to 4k depth before my suit exploded and found around 6 ghost leviathans. They swam around me until I drowned

That's deeper than 300m.
There's another one, that's between there and the large volcanic island.

Do all parts of the abyss walls have fun little nooks to check out and jump around to?

mushroom forest =/= Jellyshroom cave

Is this zone unfinished or is something wrong with my game? Sizable chunk of the map is missing and i can swim through there and under the map

But momma dragon I need you ;.;

They fired him over political tweets

"1.0" was a marketing move, this game is still unfinished, full of bugs, you should request a refund

Got a solid 35 hours out of it. Didn't look anything up so results will vary with how lucky you get finding loots

Holy shit I didn't know it went this deep

Wait it was the sound designer they fired? But that was seriously the highest quality aspect of this game. The Artists are the ones that should be fired, this game would honestly benefit greatly from better aesthetics.

Because I'm playing hardcore and I have to quit to save

No, you can fucking screw yourself by blindly dropping down.

When you accost poor leviathans do you drill them hard, or fist them quick?

Found another time capsule with a note talking about how they beat the game and giving a tool everyone would have by the time they found a capsule. I can understand not wanting to end game stuff to someone and ruining their game, but at least send something i could actually use.

There's seriously no save&continue option for hardcore?
That's retarded.

Say that once you've lost 20 hours to a warper warping you into lava for an instakill
This game really needs a death animation. It sucks going all that way just to get game over without even seeing how you died.

Oxygen.

I put a mesmer in mine, I hope it gets through and someone finds it.

I got all Ion Power Cells in one I found. I would like to thank whichever user did this.

It is indeed very retarded

THEY'RE EVOLVING

You don't necessarily. Just follow the lay of the land, it's fairly linear. Find the meme tree and you will find the new biome beyond.

>he fell for the water meme

>cyclops is very slowly shifting position on its own
>have to keep moving or you'll get thrown on top of the sub and unable to swim
Plus side, if you jump off and there's enough depth between the sub and the sea floor the game will realise you're supposed to be swimming again.

How do none of you faggots shitting up the threads with this drama not know that the sound designer was female. Ever single fucking shitpost.

you monster

just because someone has a woman as their twitter avatar does not mean they are a woman in real life.

>sound designer was female

WHERE THE FUCK IS ALL THE SILVER AND GOLD REEEEEEEEEE

>implying women ever get fired

It wasnt a very atractive woman so figured it was them

Just finished the game last night on hardcore. Never once felt like i was in danger of dying. They should really up the damage the creatures do

Heh.....

I agree, they need to make it so anything bigger than the Reaper 1 hits your PRAWN or Seamoth.
The game was only fun for as long as my fear lasted, once I realised how easy it was to avoid the leviathans I became aware that I was playing minecraft with shittier building mechanics.

>Giant fucking ghost worm charges my prawn suit
>Shaves less than 10% off of it's hp & then just loses interest and swims away

Drill their assholes to drive them away.

Wait, time capsules appear in other people's games? In random places?

guys

help

im stuck in my base
no materials to build a door outside
cant get out

Are you on the experimental channel? Wondering how you got the final two awardments and I didn't.

It is your prime directive to shove your hard dick in my succulent fish pussy.

That's the entire fucking point of them. Did you think you were leaving it just for devs to have a giggle?

You'd have to be some kind of stupid to do this, but have fun re-starting

How did you get inside in the first place?

all i did was build a connector while being inside the base onto the door outside

fml

should i drop my stuffi inside the base and starve?

well first there was a doorway leading into it
while inside i boggled with building and put a connecting bridge thingy on top of the doorway, it worked and now im stuck inside with no way out

Had the beta patch installed from steam

Remove the section of the base you're in.

you wouldn't need to drop your stuff, when you die it reloads to just before the last time you left your base (or life pod).
So if you did a lot of entering and exiting your base while building then your inventory won't be that far back.

can't
i sure hope so

btw this is what i'm talking about

Can't you stand 8nside that connector p8pe and remove it?

nope all i get is an error that i'm too close even if i move all the way inside the scanner room

I had it happen to once, I removed a hatch from the inside and didn't get all the resources back. Just reload.

can't reload cause most recent save is the one where i just built this shithole of a cunt before realizing i'm trapped

>tfw dying
>mfw praying to the rng gods

FUCK YEAH

respawned at the life capsule

phew

Post comfy bases Lads

I like em compact.

get out of there you cunt

Lead Dev made a political statement tied to the game. Sound designer made a political statement on his personal Twitter account and was fired.
So I pirated because that kind of hypocrisy doesn't sit right with me, but that's up to the individual.

This is my base. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Care to take another cap in daytime? Can barely see shit.

>20 hours into the game
>read these threads
>get inspired to move my base into the sub
>destroy everything, put about 40 wall lockers up in sub
>it's comfy as fuck
>now have a mobile home with everything i own inside
>go down to lost river for storyline
>on the way back from the disease research base my sub gets stuck in a wall
>it is literally jammed INSIDE THE WALL
>putting down floaters doesn't budge it
>refreshing world and assets doesn't budge it
>using the dig command doesn't budge it
>after using dig command, sub is stuck inside an invisible wall
>there is literally no command to move/tp/noclip the sub
>only choice is to move everything into the new one, inventory by inventory
yeah shit game TBQH, lost 8 hours of playtime. shame you can't refund post 3-hours of gameplay really.

Moving my base even deeper actually was a lot easier than I expected. The radar on the cyclops should be a mod to the cyclops.

how many hours does it take for this game to hook me?

is there a long tutorial? pls say no... i'm an inch away from buying it

Have you tried entreset?

>Time capsule filled only with the basic tools
Well at least i got some basic 100% batteries