youtu.be/xdBi3HzMAaU
youtube.com/watch?v=-5IeROOmQYA
yoyogames.com/news/ide/458
en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cg_Programming
youtube.com/watch?v=h7P3wTAYJUg
youtu.be/WlBFZEH3SbQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Always try your utmost!

user! Don't skip TWG 11 if you are Russian!
youtu.be/xdBi3HzMAaU

show me the progress and nobody gets hurt!

List of successful games made in Godot:

Holy shit, this is so much better with bones

You animated pulse with bones? How? is i some kind of shader that enlarges it?

Give me an idea for a simple and fun 3d game!

Bones affect vertices, and scaling the bones like you can see in the gif will give you this effect. The animation runtime manipulates vertices on CPU instead of shader though.

Gardening simulator

usually vertices inherit all the properties of the bone, position, rotation and scale

Your mother rescues Nizhny Muhosransk from aliens.

but it is clearly 2D sprite Just moving something wont give that bulb effect

honestly, if such thing is really a state of joy for these people - amazing. specially if they only do it in their free time. it requires much more for me to stay satisfied (which can be a bad thing as it easily leads to frustration).
i mean, most games are bad. that's like 80% of them, i'd say. chances are, people compelled to make them will only add to that pool. so yes, it's reasonable to aim that to the average reader of the post. but it's also fair to delude yourself into thinking you'll be the next indie messiah - because someone will be.
he lists his fucking references and inspirations under his trailer. the game is called infinitdroid. the trailer is billed as "dev trailer". i think that's all you need to know.

i think some people just jump into making things, whatever it be, without spending serious time building any semblance of taste. people have no personality at all. they all share the same manchild base-level references "that inspire their passion for making art". suda51 is the only designer i've seen namedrop something like paris, texas or godard - how can that be?

games are by far the easiest market in art to break through. see you in 2 years from my skyscraper tower of success boys.

He is scaling the pixels (vertices) attached to the bone. It works just like 3D, its not hard to understand bro.

how do you think bones for 2D is implemented?

dev!

What do you use? Dragonbones?

Yeah. Not sure if I can recommend it, but after some work it does a good job in my project.

Math/Rotations ate my progress.

>what purpose does flight serve?
It looks cool.
>can you use non-flying characters?
No, they're not cool.
>more details please.
As for the main fighting loop, you either shoot at stuff, hit stuff, or get shot and get hit. There's a shield that blocks most of the damage, but can be broken by certain melee attacks. I figure the best way to create dynamics is to put some objects to hide behind, and different enemies at distinct places based on their roles, but that aside I have no clue what I'm doing. I'm also looking for a way to make levels beyond "series of boxes connected together, with some stuff laying in them".

the game isnt even on steam
hes only taking sales through paypal, not even itchio, while still promising steam keys
what a dumbass, he calls himself a "smart guy", clearly not

Would she make a good waifu mc?

I think your best bet would be to do something more like a beat-em-up where your main obstacle comes from different kinds of enemies rather than stage hazards

yes, i love po-ju

Fuck off. I know for a fact that you russians have your own Veeky Forums and Facebook.

tip of the day

there is no concept of "sprite" on the low level engine side of things. they are usually just pairs of triangles forming a quad. "pixel perfect 2D" is just a meme and a trick involving snapping floating point positions to pixel coordinates

I would take her on a date and have some beers with her and see where it goes from there.

bug fables is doing pretty good on their campaign desu

paperbugdev.itch.io/bug-fables

Okay.

the engine level implementation doesn't matter as long as it works to convey the artistic vision

Part of the problem behind lots of indie games being shit is that most seem to just jump into the process of making a game, and never do any planning beforehand. This works fine for small-scale, short games, but no so well on larger projects.

And ya know, it's a shit way to do things in general.

>all 2D uses opengl

The problem I find with this approach is that often, that makes the gameplay dull unless you keep adding different, and more varied enemies, or give the player a lot of liberty (see DMC3/4)
Take the original Doom for example, you've got the same challenge of different enemies, but at the same time, you need to adapt to the layout of the level. Of course it's a completely different game, but I find its approach much more interesting, because it multiplies the possible scenarios, and always makes them feel new to the player.

the book of guests

>there is a significant amount of games using software rendering

>that moth girl

CUTE

>not writing your own software renderer that emulates the platform your game is styled after

I've been telling people for years that bug themed games are the future. It's about time someone believed me.

>I've been telling that to people since Hollow Knight was giant success

wow go figure why

Not him but the horror RPG dev launched an indiegogo
youtube.com/watch?v=-5IeROOmQYA

this could unironically be made into a thing, like a 2d pixel fighting game that uses software rendering to minimize input latency

Well you have the freedom of 3d movement so you could mix up the room shapes quite a lot.

introduce a third main color

you can eliminate input latency in a single threaded OpenGL/DirectX game entirely

If you want a waifu who can be used by anyone for free then sure.

Shit, that's a good point.

what happened to 3D moth girl anyway? I'd FUCK that one.

get in line

dead because the dev doesn't care

The thing is, I haven't seen her used anywhere. I can't recall any of the Mixamo models used anywhere, honestly.

If I recall, He had a few models but was lacking in ideas and really didn't know what to do with them, so he just gave up on it.

not sure about shadows

Pushing mechanics to the limit and finding bugs that make no sense is the worst feeling.

still wip, what dont u like about them

Did you solve that weird perspective thing for box bridge?

Shaderlet here, they look like an amazing way of making your a game look great without too much overhead, but where do I get started? I have the book of shaders, fragment foundry and shadertoy bookmarked but are there any other good resources?

Nah, I'm probably just gonna make the box 2 pixels smaller on each side when I replace the graphic with something that fits the style. I want to make 1 tile wide bridges with handrails you can push them over, anyway.

shadow mapping is really uncharacteristic for that style/era of graphics. it stands out. especially self shadowing. "shadows" as an actual shape projected onto the ground would be more in line with the rest.

unity shaderlab is unironically a great way to learn because they start you off with the fun stuff and then you can dig down into the nitty gritty once you understand the basics better.

yoyogames.com/news/ide/458

is this relevant?.

Fuck
I wanted to make a game with a cute bee character
Have I gotten too late to the pile

I HATE floating point variables

not him but you have a point but you also have to consider things like sense of depth and being able to make out details and i'm not sure it will really look better with technically worse shadows

Nah, that's just so you can make the perspective without separating every y tile to a different layer. I've already wrote the script that does that for me. It's a bit worse performance, but it makes it 10x easier to make the levels.

I used this: en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cg_Programming

Tried shadows/little shading to make boxes stand out?

the other way shading would be done is by actually having shaded parts of the models

Anyone ever made a bat enemy where you had the object for the bat flap up and down?
How did you time the flapping? Every sequence of x pixels down then x pixels up at y rate looks jittery and weird

How does it make you feel knowing that all the greatest game developers are african-american?

it makes me feel Smart

pretty bad desu

my wife already left me for a black man and now they've surpassed me at my hobby

did you draw any art of the bee?

>spend 4 days making sprites for my game
>put them ingame
>they're too small
>scale them 2x
>they're too big
>scale them 1.5
>they work now but they look like ass
time to kill myself

Moveable shadows are hard because I have to split them up into a separate layer each time they go over to a separate y square, and I'd have to split them up into 3 extra sprites in case it needs to go over a edge so it wouldn't be floating in the air. Plus, the shadow would only help on 1 side cause a shadow going on the left and right would look weird. If I make the box smaller I'll put a 2 pixel shadow on 2 sides which will help a little bit.

Then just adjust camera fov for too big sprites?

Did you read that on a Google Doodle or something?

>he fell for the pixel meme

>he fell for the 2d meme

Post sprites

always scale sprites to powers of 2, never to other scales unless you want to have mixels/imperfect shit

I think you mean integer scale, not power of 2, user.

try scaling your sprite by 3

I hope you're pretending to be retarded here.

youtube.com/watch?v=h7P3wTAYJUg

what is it?

Ok thanks, I'll be dedicating the next few weeks to learning about that good shit.

>unity shaderlab
isnt shaderlab paid?

why would you not make test sprites first? c'mon user, get your head in the game

Pretty embarrassed, desu. I was putting the id of the pushing object into the pushed location instead of the object being pushed.

When you are feeling down and don't know how to progress, just remember that ALL of you can make it! Dev, people! Work hard!
youtu.be/WlBFZEH3SbQ

Well at least you got it in the end.

very nice! Is this just testing for orb rolling puzzles or something else?

I'm gonna make it so the bubbles start off small and grow. When they reach max they pop and push everything around it... or you can press the button twice and make it grow bigger instantly

>tablet pen hasn't been handed in to lost-and-found
I'm going to have to buy another one aren't I

this is cute user

[loud shitting noises]

Admit it - you lost it on purpose just so you could buy a new one.

Where are these from?