/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Share art and music & discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and anything Sonic related!

/sthg/ #1198 - DEATH LEECH SUCC Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TmJT4LIejFo
youtube.com/watch?v=nNSzOHRsLL8
rafaknight-rk.tumblr.com/3Dcommission
youtube.com/watch?v=xPncniRuoPs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Amy

>ruins your comics

Shadow is literally Sonic but better. Shadow would fucking kick Sonic's ass.

youtube.com/watch?v=TmJT4LIejFo

What about her?

>tfw you will never have Shadow's Death Leech children release paralyzing gas in your face while they crawl over every inch of your body and slowly feed on your flesh.
Why must life be so cruel?

reminder to hit the image limit or no death leech succ

T a cute.

The IDW comics were already ruined.

We know literally nothing about this character aside from her name and design.

I want to go to another concert.

Amy a cute

She's the cutest hog and deserves Sonic's love

pretty good.

I wanna tickle her so bad

I want this to be a full zone already

handholdu

Can someone draw a Death Leech for me?

She is going to be the newest Sonic friend which means she is going to be shoved in our face like Chris and Sticks. That should be something to worry about.

Cute!

>Sticks
>Shoved in our face
Also, are you seriously gonna spend another thread with this autism over a character we know nothing about?

She is probably going to make or break the comics, we don't know yet though which way it will go.

desu

We know nothing about her. If you think she is trying to upstage Sonic, then that's just IDW not knowing how else to market the comic.

youtube.com/watch?v=nNSzOHRsLL8

Any updates about the 3D commission for Bump?
rafaknight-rk.tumblr.com/3Dcommission

How much has been pitched in so far? I can throw in $20.

ROUGE MILESTONE IN 2 THREADS

I've never played Shadow the Hedgehog and I don't plan on doing so anytime soon, what's the deal with these Death Leeches?

Random simple enemy in the game.

Ask AAR later when she's streaming.

they're really fucking sexy and i want them to paralyze and eat me

We have all the money we need.

So she has a 50% chance of making the IDW comics kino or complete trash. At least we will know early on.

Going by Archie, one character has never made or break the comics. There's multiple things that's usually makes or breaks a universe, like setting, story & the overall quality of writing. Tangle will just be one of the many things that goes into how the comics turn out.

If the doomsayers are right about IDW does this pretty much guarantee no Ian Flynn for the games.

This isn't Archie though, SEGA has more control this time.

This is issue 7 of Ian Flynn's Other-M.

>50 years in mspaint

Why was she even added? Didn't we have enough mainline Sonic characters to start out?

It's so fucking beautiful user, saved forever.

In this issue we are properly introduced to the edgy gay walrus.

To ensure that no one would be confused the comics were non-canon.

youtube.com/watch?v=xPncniRuoPs

That quick? Is there some kind of official confirmation of the purchase you can post?

Not with the SEGA mandates in place.

>SEGA has more control this time.
IIRC, the mandates in IDW aren't has strict as it was in Archie, so chances are, SEGA is just keeping an eye on what goes on & IDW will have to put everything through them.

Even so, one character has never dictated the direction or quality of any piece of Sonic media. Even Sonic X had more problems that still would've made the show shit without Chris. There still would've been good & bad in Archie without the FFs, etc.

I know that "Tangle reeee" posts are likely just shitposting for the sake of shitposting, but it's honestly silly to bother discussing much about how it'll turn out before we see a single page of it.

Her design doesn't fit in with most of Sonic's friends. It is too complicated.

Any reason you're copy & pasting your shitposts from the other day in a new thread, user?

It's no more complicated than Blaze the cat.

IDW being pushed to still follow the games will kill the comics, even a plot like Heroes would be kind of terrible in a comic format
Anything Pontaff would be the worst.

That's a funny way to spell BLAZE

that's like saying Blaze's design is too complicated

Anons pls. It's a repeated shitpost from 2 days ago & you're just gonna waste your time replying. Move on, already

I don't know if the money's been put in yet, but Tonight's Conductor seems to be putting it all together. If he's lurking, you can probably ask him.

Can't the comics just ignore the games like what happened before the reboot of Archie?

>were
*will never be

>toes
Disgusting

unfortunately i cant lurk these threads all the time so it was new to me.

The comics have to acknowledge the games now or else jap purists will implode from turbo autism.

As well as what they are doing. It seems to be a reimagining of SATAM which again could be a great start, but it is going to probably enrage the Archiefags.

The IDW comics aren't following the games; they're just using the aftermath of Forces as their setting. And Pontaff never wrote the games' plot barring Lost World, just the English dialogue.

Considering the fact that the comics is starting after Forces, the first 4 issues is likely the beginning & end of its ties to the games. It'll do its own thing after the beginning issues.

Which is fine, since SEGA has stated for a long while that they want the comics to be its own thing.

Understandable, just letting you know.

Paws, I think.

What would you prefer?

Blaze would definitely be on the "unironically buying and wearing Heathcliff merchandise"-range of the spectrum

I'm pretty amazed $300+ was put together by sthg within only 1 day. that's some dedication.

thank God you're not in charge

That's lame, I like the comics being tied with the games like Sonic X was.

Gib full image.

/kitty/ tomorrow
WOOOOOT

So they are trying to be like Archie only not-archie? Thanks for letting me know they will suck for me.

The problem is this.

If you have only main characters, then the comics suffers one of two problems.

Either the comics seem sparse because you're only including 8 people at a time who would make sense to be together. Actions don't really seem to hold weight as there's only a lmited amount of characters who are allowed to be scared of things. The world seems empty as the only time Sonic talks to anyone is when he finds a reason to bump into any official characters.

The other problem is that the comics seem bloated. In order to not make the world seem sparse, you have a lot of official characters all the time.
This comes with more problems.
Why is everyone here? Couldn't Sonic handle the thread by himself? Why isn't Blaze doing more? How come Shadow would even help out in this situation.
That and official characters being shown gets weakened. There's a reason people got hyped for Mighty, it was just out of fucking nowhere.

New OC filler characters allow for
>making the world seem bigger with meaningless characters
>allowing for Eggman to win victories against characters who are allowed to lose
>allowing Sonic to show up the local populous to show that Sonic is making a difference in this world
>making the official characters stand out a lot more

SEGA doesn't want westerners influencing the overall brand of the series.

Yeah, but given that the comics team & the games team are separate & SEGA changes the world of the games at the drop of a hat, it's probably for the best both remain their own entities.

Well, I wouldn't say that just yet. Anons pledged to donate the 300$, but as far as I know, they've yet to "seal the deal" so to speak with TC.

Dude calm down, I wanted there no be no OC's either but we've seen before that just ONE addition to the main cast in a separate canon doesn't hurt all that bad

I didn't say no new additions couldn't ever be added or that other characters couldn't be added as minor characters. I don't see why we needed a new character added to the mainline up at all when there are loads of other characters who could be Sonic's fifth friend.

>wanting no OC material in the comic
better off have no comic then than

luckily people with that opinion arnt running the show

actually read the golden age
hell even the reboot era, the best stuff is new material

Sonic X was only allowed to be the way it was because SEGA was heavily involved in its production.
There is no way SEGA is going to want to pull that stunt with an American comic publisher especially after Archie.

Do people use the cytube outside of the events?

Is there a discord or some way I can get in contact with this TC person? I checked previous threads and they didn't seem to post any contact info.

>liking Archie over the games, OVA, Sonic X, or Sonic Boom

You seem to believe that the comics are made for people who are really into the Sonic games.

They are not.

It was empty every time I checked, so I guess it's only used when someone mentions they'll be using it for something.

user, Sonic X was garbage. And yeah, there were parts of Archie that was better than Boom & even some games.

There is an /sthg/ Discord, so I'll see if I can get an invite for ya

I can't believe someone has such shit taste.

Meant to add: I like Boom & I wouldn't even be a Sonic fan if it wasn't for the games & I am under no delusion that the comics were perfect, but yes, in terms of writing, Archie had moments that was better than Boom or the games.

I'm sure I'll live.

I wanted to hang out in there, or at least listening while studying

>responding to a post talking about OC material in disagreement, implying you dislike OC material, while simultaneously referencing the OVA, X, and Boom