/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General

le time stopping jazz man edition

last time on /dbfzg/: >Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>List of hidden mechanics
docs.google.com/document/d/1QyuykC4D5zpnOKt_qyn20ZZzO168Az7Suu_ojD4SVWg/preview#

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
[YouTube] [DBFZ] Optimal universal solo combo route for most chars? (No assists, no SB, midscreen)

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg

>Hitbox/Hurtbox info:
pastebin.com/iG5fwJMw

>Network colors (the square next to the name):
twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/959640513669349378

>Ranks and their respective amounts of BP:
i.imgur.com/zhwN8jg.png

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IT3hmKq67k0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Blueku is worse
What makes him good outside of the mixup auto combo?

He wasn’t even crouching. He was in the middle of a combo right in front of me and Trunk’s lvl. 3 super went right through him and I died.

That's a pretty big deal in and of itself. There's also his infinite vanishing.

Does anyone even play Arena Matches on X1?

I join every lobby, even the "Arena First" and its juat people in ring matches.

Meant for

Literally everything is your fault and the game is perfect. Don't you DARE imply that there's ANYTHING wrong with DBFZ EVER.

Trunks is weird as fuck.

>REMINDER
If you lost online dont come bitching about it here. You suck. Get over it an improve or play something else. We dont give a shit about your crybaby feelings here.

Also if you see someone in this thread being a little bitch: do not respond. Just let them have their little cry and get on with their lives.

Of course I'm upset! He's trying to claim that the move isn't working! We all know DBFZ is PERFECT and NOTHING makes me more upset than someone thinking it's not their own fault if the game doesn't work!

Feels like you have to be literally touching them for it to hit sometimes. I rarely ever get it off raw

post unpractical combos
youtube.com/watch?v=IT3hmKq67k0

t. black player

Trunks main here. I can only get it off a hard knockdown or if you have them in the corner and hit them with M,H,S,Lvl3.

Also has anyone been trying Trunks' sonic spin move to get away from someone blocking your shit? Feels so good to have someone blocking then flip backwards as soon as they go to punish the end of my combos.

BLACK IS PERFECTLY BALANCED

GITGUD

IGNORE THE FACT MOST TOP RANKED PLAYERS USE HIM! YOU'RE JUST A SHITTER SCRUB

But seriously speaking, I agree with the guy you're replying to.

But I play Trunks who is just "worse" Black

I want to git gud but some of this shit just makes no sense to me. I've never played a fighting game that makes me feel like shit just doesn't work.

Like okay, I get caught and the opponent combos me, I lose half of my HP, shitty, but how do I recover and not get caught after a knockdown?

I try to recover and they just catch me again before I can react, but if I try to stay on the ground, (and for real, why doesn't this game act like all other fighting games and let you stay on the ground by not pressing anything? Needing an extra input to stay down is the most unintuitive thing ever, sorry bros,) they just throw pokes and shit until I get up and then I'm caught anyway.

Is there another way to recover out of the end of their combo or is the timing to not get caught by okis and shit just super strict? How can I even practice something like that?

I don't even want to spend any time working on combos because I'm still so bad at recovering and neutral in general.

I'm ok with with Blackfags because they generate salt

>Every thread there is at least one person defending Black when he and Cell are often considered the best two characters in the game so far

Just pick your character. If you genuinely likethe character then cool. If you're picking him because he's really good then more power to you. Just don't act like he's anything less than top tier right now.

Questions:
Are there any universal hard knockdowns? It seems like everyone knows how to send me to the ground skidding on my face while they throw an ult up my ass, but when I land say a heavy in the air that sends them to the ground they just recover.
Second, how balanced is this game? Does playing a low-tier team make it impossible to win/learn/improve against people? Would playing a "better" team help me get good at the basics before switching back to characters that are more difficult to use, or would I just be fucking myself?

There are multiple tech directions assigned to different buttons. Up tech gets you out of a lot of situations, and generally they have to read it with a jumping attack or something (although some characters like Beerus, 16, and Blue Vegeta can blow up Up Tech with setups or hard grab reads).

You need to have launched them in the air with a down+heavy first, when you knock them down with a heavy combo (L,M,H, but when you get better you'll learn to throw a jump cancel in there) that'll be a hard knockdown that you can combo into a super.

Balance remains to be seen but the only thing that's 100% certain is that SSJ Vegeta's assist is amazing. Tiers don't matter at all at low levels so pick who you like, and characters play so similarly that there'll be a lot of crossover if you decide to play someone else.

Yea same thing happens with beerus. Doesn't seem to grab unless they are standing on the ground

Yea, the cyclone jump is great in pressure. You can TK it too

Toukaigi DBFZ Top 8
1.Go1 (Cell/Black/Vegeta)
2.Moke (Cell/Piccolo/Vegeta)
3.Sasami (18/16/Vegeta, 16/Black/Vegeta)
3.Souji (Cell/Kid Buu/Vegeta)
5.Yuki (Trunk/Cell/Vegeta)
5.Satochii (A.Gohan/Black/Vegeta)
5.Dogura (18/Cell/Vegeta)
5.Eita (18/Trunk/Vegeta)

>1.Go1 (Cell/Black/Vegeta)
It really is the perfect team

>Are there any universal hard knockdowns? It seems like everyone knows how to send me to the ground skidding on my face while they throw an ult up my ass, but when I land say a heavy in the air that sends them to the ground they just recover.
You only get the Hard knockdown on j.H if you started from an upwards Smash, meaning 2H, j.2H, or Dragon Rush. So, with most characters you can do this:
2M 5M (jc) j.LM (jc) j.LM2H (super dash) j.LMH
and it will Hard Knockdown. Same happens if you do an LMH string at the end of your 2H Super Dash punish or Dragon Rush launch. Beyond that certain special moves (usually EX versions) give the skidding hard knockdown, like Tien's EX Volleyball Spike.
>Second, how balanced is this game? Does playing a low-tier team make it impossible to win/learn/improve against people? Would playing a "better" team help me get good at the basics before switching back to characters that are more difficult to use, or would I just be fucking myself?
Right now it's not too bad. You'll see a lot of the characters that are obviously strong (Cell, Kid Buu, 18) and the characters that offer utility while being easy to learn (Black, Vegeta), but most everybody has tools if you understand their playstyle. Some are harder to win with than others (Krillin & Teen Gohan are stubby as fuck and really have to work to make things happen; Ginyu/Hit/Fat Buu are pretty technical to use in a maxmized fashion) but you can use whoever.

The magic of Tag Team Fighters is that team synergy can carry a "weak" character by covering those weaknesses with another's strengths. Find characters whose assist help each other and whose Z Changes line up well, and you'll have a good team.

>j.2H
That's something else I've been meaning to ask; How do you combo off of this? Every time I've landed it it made me fall to the ground, and I can't homing dash after it.

I've been too stubborn to ask about the nitty-gritty of this game or look up guides, but online is getting way, way too frustrating and I need to try to actually learn shit.

Thanks for the tips, though. Do you have any particular tips on playing Nappa? He's really fun to use against friends but online he's almost always useless.

You can only Dash after it if you haven't used your Smash already. A Smash is when the camera zooms in on a move as it hits (most of the time, some attacks always zoom in); when you get a Smash on a hit it gains a particular property, like wallbounce or a special launch. Your H normals will always Smash, so if you did something like this:
5LMH (super dash) j.LM2H
you wouldn't get a Smash from it. If you did this:
>Super Dash, j.LM2H
and couldn't chase after, that's because you only get one Super Dash per combo.

Tien tips? He feels pretty good

Am new.

That's really helpful. God damn. Wish the game itself went into this much detail with it's tutorials.

So...how does a someone new to the 3 v 3 fighting genre approach DBZF? Like I got no clue where to even begin.

yeah vegeta assist is totally balanced dudes

pick your favorite characters, mash and have fun, when you feel like you need to work on something to improve, work on it in training mode. switch your characters out so they heal their blue health. waste your meter to kill enemies with ultimate z change. etc.

Tien is bad character.

but only at highet levels of play. Just watch out cause his supers kill himself. His volleyball fist has super armor. Dont put him as anchor put him mid.

Oh god I'm dying. Too funny.

So he's a good pick to beat on friends who just got the game then?

What is the purpose of solar flare on krillin? Does it make your blockstrings safe?

Yeah go nuts.

How do you even balance Vegeta's assist without making it either broken or horrible?

And adult gohan? I see him a lot online, he any good?

anyone else having an issue of not being able to join someones lobby on pc?

AGohan shines with his Potential Unleashed shit and he can make short work of people with no experience
He can also give experienced players a lot of trouble

Nappa is a lot of fun, but he takes some work. His big gimmick is the saibamen because they will help you keep your pressure up and if you're opponent isn't paying attention, they can break your opponents combos.

In the early game, you want to play keep away a little bit. His qcfS will give you enough time to plant a saibamen before your opponent can react, but the timing is tight. Assists also help Nappa plant saibamen safely. I usually play Nappa point because he needs the assists to plant saibamen, but he doesn't really need the meter too much since his saibamen help keep him unpredictable, but he can cash out meter for some nice damage as well.

You can only have one saibamen in the ground "growing" at a time and one active. Saibamen will always do the same three moves in the same order: a fireball, low slide, and then a explosion. The explosion you can combo off of with 2H. Saibamen are very weak and your opponent can blast them away with any attack. It's difficult, but once you plant a saibamen, try and get on the opposite side of your opponent. It will not only help keep your saibamen alive, but they can cross up your opponent if you stagger your blockstrings right.

Once you have a good flow of blockstrings, into assist, into saibamen planting, your pressure will be really hard for the opponent to deal with. There's some crazy shit you can do with having your saibamen combo into your attacks, but I'm not quite there yet myself.

>Tien is a bad anchor
When will this meme end? Tien is the comeback king.

Cut shooting time in half?

What said. Your friends will hate you if you all are noobies though. But he's pretty fun and can be used in high level play once you get there.

You can probably pick up and play any character and have fun as a noob except for maybe Hit, Ginyu, and Fat Buu.

Tien has plenty of little tricks like Volleyball L & M hitting low, Volleyball M having armor on startup, Chiaotzu summon being a tracking histun box which is good for wakeup, EX Volleyball being a grab, crane strike being an overhead, etc. He can do decent mixups and do good damage without needing to use his supers, but when you DO use them they all do good damage and if you aren't spammng you won't hurt yourself too much (Kikoho and Shin Kikoho without burning extra bars only do 10%). Goodbye Tien is also the best Level 3 in the game in terms of utility I think, although it's a one-and-done if it lands and you lose your Chiaotzu special. Use it to blow up a random Vanish or to end a combo that has a knockdown if you don't want to lose any life on that combo.

Tien is bad and you are a bad man for trying to tell anyone any different.

>Tien is the comeback king
Tien is a fucking bum. Kikoho does shit damage until you get to bar 5. You better not be hurt either because it stops once he hits 1 health.

>Saibamen will always do the same three moves in the same order: a fireball, low slide, and then a explosion
This is not entirely accurate. L & M Saibamen do two different strings of 3 moves, and the EX does 4. The only similarity in their behavior is all will end in the lunging attack that explodes on hit and gives you a free juggle.

I have found that I do better when I throw out everything I've learned out the window and play solely based on my judgement and instincts.

Welcome to high level play aka ultra instinct

Frieza 22S

>You better not be hurt either because it stops once he hits 1 health
If you're saying he can't do supers below a certain health level that's wrong. I literally just tested it in Training to be sure as well.

He cannot do extra kikoho blasts after his health reaches 1

Set health to 10. Try doing all neo tri beam blasts

so.....tien on anchor or nah?

If you don't use Golden Frieza as anchor then you're doing it wrong.

All three of his supers scale very well when done in combo. His bnb are above average damage without assists. Both his specials grant great mix-up potential. He can cash out his meter for a ton of fucking damage. I cannot count the amount of times I've had 5+ bars of meter with an opponent at 75% health and just done a basic combo into Neo-Tribeam, cash out everything and kill.

>but muh non-recoverable health
The health you lose is equal to a St.M. It really only matters if you're using a ton of meter behind Neo-Tribeam, but if you play smart., you're going to know if you can kill or not with a big Neo-Tribeam finish.

>muh non-recoverable health
Has nothing to do with that. If tien is low on health you simply cannot get all of the neo tri beams out.

Keep the damage the same while reducing the duration of the attack.

What the fuck, I let people beat me. Why is it whenever I'm winning they disconnect?

I say, I say again. Tien is bad and you should feel bad.

Tien is a great anchor.

>He does great damage without the need of his assists
>all of his supers scale very well in combo
>his beam assist isn't the best but it is still a beam assist
>Farwell Tien scales so little it's ridiculous. Their health bar just fucking disapears
>Mix-up potential is great
>Neo-Tribeam can cash out all his meter for almost an instant kill

I've had great success with Tien as an anchor. The big thing I look at in an anchor is how well do they work alone, and Tien is great by himself. People will still complain about him losing his health, but it's so insignificant from the amount of health you take away from the enemy.

Tien is a bad anchor. Tien is good for killing one character. Every time you super, you lose permanent life, and get closer to being KO from just one touch. So if you have to reserve your supers, you have to be able to land more hits on your opponent and do more combos to kill them, while you could easily do the same with another character with less combos because you can freely use supers. And there's the fact you need to constantly build meter for his lvl 3. And if you're consistently building meter for his lvl 3, that means you're getting a lot of hits in and could have killed them safer. Tien isn't running all the way back against 3 characters unless the player is really good, but if the player is that good, they wouldn't be left with just Tien at the end anyways.

No doubt, Tien is really good at killing, but you won't have enough life or build enough meter to consistently kill 3 characters.

What do I do against Blue Vegeta players who just go apeshit and bash their forehead into their controller? I can block all of it but they do random 2Hs which put them in the air and then they fly behind me with that air tackle move and start over.

these contradicting opinions are really fucking with me rofl

>yellow squares telling me how to play

>about to lose
>game disconnects me from lobby
Man that sucks. Now he thinks I'm a bitch.

I'll be rooting for you to take EVO with a Tien anchor.

>Tien isn't running all the way back against 3 characters unless the player is really good
The same could be said about every other character but Tien is the one that can do it a lot easier than vast majority of them.
Ability to convert touch into insta kills is very rare and Tien is really good at it.
Sure Tien might bring himself closer to losing after a touch in neutral but he also rigs the game in his favour far better than most other anchor options.

As far as bar managment goes, you don't need 3 meter for each character, just taking one instantly is already good enough for changing the odds.

What if Tien's supers did blue damage, not permanent damage?

>Vegeta
>Vegeta
>Vegeta
>Vegeta
Hmmm

Nigga Im red and SSJ2. Give my dicky the licky licky

>Ability to convert touch into insta kills is very rare and Tien is really good at it.
Why not just pick Cell then? He can do it too and doesn't delete his own health for it.

Tien's got a good Lvl3, but not necessarily the one you think I'm talking about.
There's a pretty eye-opening video on YouTube where somebody tested out Chiaotzu's suicide attack vs other level 3's, and there are a suprising number of supers, level 3 supers at that, which the little guy will catch the opponent before their attack hits you and cancel it out.

Honestly, him and Yamcha work great with one another. Yamcha on point, Tien assisting him, allowing him to gap close safely.
Alternatively, him and Nappa works too.

Why not pick both? Why not run Cell as a point since he can do a ton of meterless damage?

The truth is, play who you want to play. The FGC loves to pigeon hold characters, tell you this character is good, this character is bad, blah blah blah, but at the end of the day, only you can decide what works for you. I use Tien as an anchor and have had great success with it. I understand why people don't like Tien as an anchor, but I've comeback from some crazy shit with Tien. He just works really well for me.

Does that make the FGC wrong? No. Does that make me right? No. But you should always do whats best for you and more importantly, what's the most fun.

Practice. Play lots of casual matches. Figure out what and who is working for you in what order.

I'll be looking for you in the crowd cutie ;)

You're adorable

>Best assist to help you win neutral
>Best assist for combo extensions
>Best assist for lockdown
Literally every other assist comes off as trash when compared to Vegeta's.

Why did you hide the name?

I'd never put Yamcha point desu. He needs meter to AWOOs to be a real threat.

>no 21
I'm surprised

it's just too easy to confirm off too, if you hit someone it when you're just trying to pressure you can just walk up and do whatever, unlike beam assists which are also really good but you either need to vanish or basically super dash on reaction which is difficult.

>they change vegeta's assist
>instead of spamming blasts he does his rising knee-kick special
How mad would you be

So i have AGohan on point and tien anchor with black middle(?) hows that lineup?

eh, just disappointed since I already use Gohan for those purposes

Tien is fine as an anchor because the game is built around frequent tagging. If you leave Tien in the back the entire game as if he was Dark Vergil you're doing it wrong; he's there to provide Dodonpa to both your Point and Mid until a Z Change into one of his Kikohos is needed. Then, you just keep using Tien and start using his tools because he's good when backed by assists himself.

t. Guy with 2 teams that both run Tien on anchor.

Then everyone would be whining about Tien. And I would love it

Whenever I get an arena match and accept it, it says something like "your desired conditions do not match your opponent's" or whatever, and it gets cancelled. What the fuck is that? How do I change those preferences?

>Don't use Vegeta
I'll be fine. He'd still get use because he's a solid character and that assist would be good as a reversal/frame trap blow up.

I'd be pretty happy I wouldn't have to see him every fucking game anymore desu.

That would make him absolutely ridiculous with sparking.

You might run into meter issues, depending on your playstyle. All three can be very meter hungry, but they probably need less meter than I think (I don't really play A. Gohan or Black). Black and Tien both have the same assist, but beam assists are king right now. A. Gohan really only needs one level of his install for him to be a threat. But again, focus on what works for you. If you're having fun with that team and comfortable with your winrate, then you're probably getting more out of the game than the flowchart, tier whores.

why does it matter?

>parrying as Hit doesn't affect assists

Wew lad
>parry android 21
>get hit by vegeta exact same second anyway
>she gets up and comboes my face of the earth

then you would see someone else all the fucking time.

>why does it matter?
just seems pointless