/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

webm requested by guy last thread edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Balance patches? In my Monster Hunter? capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/08
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

>op was not a fag
REEEEEE

So, I'm gonna play XX on the Switch as I wait for World G
Gonna stick to GS so I don't have to upgrade much

What do I need to know, like with the farm and whatnot?
All I need is honey and might seeds, I suppose
Is Focus still needed for Brave? Makes the setbuilding harder in Nip
Otherwise I'll just Rath it all the way to G rank

where the fuck is my deco list
where the fuck is my titles list

Does anyone know if there's a point to getting 5 levels in Guard if you already have Uragaan's set bonus?

Use the Guard charm (+3)
Any more is unneeded

>play like a god
>forget it's a capture quest
I swear to god cap quest monsters are deflated

Homofag what is the set in question? Is it kirin legs?

Serious? Not even the set bonus? I wanna feel like an impenetrable wall though. Currently with just Guard level 5 I still can't defend against Kushala Daora's charged wind attack

PLease

>Gaijin Hunter recommends having +5 guard

correct

>when you get into that rhythm of tackling and stunning the monster for consecutive TCSs

cumming

Fashion builds FTW.

First time hunter here; can someone explain how to capture? I keep waiting until the monster is in the crippled crawling animation with a skull on the map icon, trapping it, then applying a trang bomb to its head area. What am I missing?

how the fuck do you even get the option to unlock guild armor? i started doing arena and it hasn't shown up yet? is it the later HR ones?

>fashion
>glasses
fucking nerd

you need two tranqs bby

>Impact Mantle
>Normal3
Holy shit

Cosplay*

Guard Up from the set bonus is not the same thing as the Guard skill. Guard Up skill enables you to block unblockable attacks, like laser beams and gas attacks. Guard skill reduces recoil, chip damage, and stamina consumed when blocking and helps get the quick counter with lance instead of the slow low counter (or even no counter on the really heavy attacks).

7fE2k3FnTuZQ

come join in the battle against decoration RNG

>mfw Odogaron set suck dicks in the endgame
>mfw Odogaron IG is trash compare to Nerg.
CRAPCOM WHERE IS MY TRANSMOG.

>all these faint 1 time investigations
I'll never be able to run these online, will I?

Just get lucky.

How do I get the Palico Gadget in the Rotten Vale? The guides are giving me mixed answers

Right, I see. On second look it seems the Guard skill at higher levels after 3 just seems to reduce the stamina usage. So is it true that level 3 will be able to block the same attacks as level 5, just with higher stamina usage?

>wear Rocksteady against Vaal
CLANG CLANG CLANG

anons come

7fE2k3FnTuZQ

and farm decorations with /mhg/
almost enough for two parties

Legania or Daora lance?

Legania.

You probably already know *where* you get it, but the "trigger" for it is very random. Basically an Odogaon has to drag those huge Lagiana corpses back to its lair. Then, when you go the the underground cavern part you will see a cat who runs away when you get near. Then drop some raw meat.

I farmed Odo for several hours and it wasn't until the end that I actually saw the icon on the map for the Palico.

I think it's Kushala.

Daora, assuming you can get white sharpness with enough Handicraft. Daora has 20 more base damage on top of 10% affinity, and Legiana only has 12 more base elemental damage. The Double Gem slot is also really nice.

>Impact mantle
>Spread 3
LOADING CONCUSSIVE ROUNDS!

Can safaris actually score rare materials? I keep sending those furballs after Kirin because fuck him, but have yet to get anything but dozens of hides.

Thanks dude. Just got it. How good is this thing for farming?

For the decoration event quest, does playing multiplayer give you more loot?

Is this a glitch or something? isn't there usually a loin cloth covering the ass?

is it plunderblade? My palico got a wyvern gem once.

>carefully fighting a tempered elder with fully augmented gear
>get hit TWICE with fully buffed health and I fucking die

Tell me why I wasted millions leveling my shit when it makes absolutely 0 difference.

Those usually come from waist armor, but panties come from leg armor

Man, when G rank comes out you're in for a rude awakening

Why... THE FUCK is petricanth not spawning, i've been resetting the expedition for more than an hour now.

Good melee weapon to kill Kirin with?

>tfw still on 1.04 until I get an evade extend and truecharge jewel

Well considering he made a second thread several minutes late, OP kind of was a fag.

all of them

lol, for real? Why?

Hey /mhg/ i wanna tell you a secret. Come on closer! Alright...here goes... i forgive you for being carted

Why can't the GL shield block the fucking Rajang zap?
I needed a weapon to cheese Rajang, and I thought GL could be it

Can someone clear something up with HGB Wyvern ammo? The shot does 2 hits but I can't figure out if the stronger one hits. I need an optimal way to open on sleeping monsters aside from lrg bombs.

FUCk YOU you HORSE FUCKING SLUTT

Does a high elderseal weapon make a big difference for stopping the auras? I'm trying to beat Teostra, but it's constantly on fire

Is there anyone else out there that can fight a B.Diablos and not cart? I can't get this 1 cart limit investigation done because jobbers.

do it by yourself

>I can't get this 1 cart limit investigation done because jobbers.

The biggest jobber is you. Just do it solo.

Yes. However, for Teostra you are better off just getting 3x Fire Resist Gems and Full Veggie FOod for Ele Def (L). If you have >20 resistance in an element you are *immune* to that blight. I.e. 20 Fire resist and you can't get put on fire.

I just farmed her last night post id man

Ugh... But it takes forever.

What do you guys think about the slice ammo nerf?

Thanks. I'll try that out

Thanks anyway. I only have one use left, so I'll solo.
K thanks

Is zorah armor Alpha or beta better? I'm not sure what's better, I only have 1 gem

What should I kill if I want Wyvern Gems?
HR rathalos?

Regular Wyvern Gems? Barroth.

where can I get guard gems?

If you're just entering high rank then Alpha is going to be better just because you won't have many worthwhile decorations to use.

The main distinction is Alpha = more skills, Beta = lesser skills but more decoration slots

For zorah I like the beta version's looks way better on females though, so I would have built it instead of alpha anyway if given the choice

>1st time ighting teo
>tfw i use damascus plus 3 fire res gems
>40 fire resist
>completely neutralizes any threats from teo
>didnt even use an elder seal weapon
>jyura DB
kek i can block super nova with my face

Ah thank you, I didn't want to waste resources on a useless one. I assume gems are really hard to get? At least that's how the response seems

What's the best tail cutting weapon?

You get random ones after hunts. There's an event quest right now that's supposed to give a lot of them, but you still only get 2 pretty low-tier decorations each time. I ran it about 8 times since I wanted filler gems, but I only got maybe 2-3 worth slotting for slight situational boosts. That's not including the ones I got from farming nerg either, which gave me one ok decoration.

Do monsters start to become huge after reaching a certain HR? I don't remember them being so big consecutively.

Does anyone know what the deluxe first wyverian print use good for?
I can't exchange it for anything

How does one change background of the guild card?

>whoop Vaal's ass up and down the vale
>decide to do an investigation for him so I can make even more bank
>cart and fail 3 times
i've never been so mad at myself in my life

melding fodder

Will /mhg/ ever be like it was or have the newfags taken over for good?

Do you lose vouchers if the hunt is a failure?

Name a worse monster in world than this

>throws fireballs everywhere
>rolls around so much you can't get sustained pressure
>tremor
>for some reason can put you to sleep
>blasts you with fire from his sides if you get close
>gigantic hitbox

Ah okay, good luck on getting them. Gonna start farming now. You mind if i add you? Are you on psn

One last thing are high rank armors not upgradable? Or I just need to reach a point when I pick up some special bones or smthing?

GS if you can use it properly and reliably hit a relatively small target, buffed IG if not since the autistic flailing will inevitably get it (bonus points for targeted sever kinsect).

it'll go back to being dead like persona general did

what's a guard point?

I can't use it at the melder, only the silver and gold ones but not the deluxe print.
I'm through the story and over HR 49 so i should have unlocked everything.

God you are so fucking stupid. What else do you expect you just got your answer already? You are the reason why MHWorld online sucks.

Do you mean in the sense that the fanbase will be ruined? Or the gameplay be cut down for easier difficulty? Or it becomes a meme?

All of those.

JUST FUCKING DROP MAJESTIC HORNS YOU FUCKING FAGGOT MONSTER FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

>I still can't defend against Kushala Daora's charged wind attack
Are you power-guarding?

Catlolis

Anyone up for another /comfy/ hunting/investigation room on PS4? The one we had last night had a based gunner.

I am killing Nergigante for his horns and hopefully a gem but we can alternate between investigations and hunts.

So how the fuck do i unlock the last set of 9* missions, that sliver complete sits there mocking me.

Green Plesi

WHY THE FUCK IS THE STUN ANNIMATION SO LONG

REEE

Why not just put up a fishing room for turns... oh wait...

no, i meant for the lesser trades like consumables that require pts for melding

You breaking both and capping? Try wearing Kirin armor

Are you spinning the l-stick and mashing the sheath button?

i'll join

Worldbabby here, what do the series vets think of Nergigante? The way he scares all other elder dragons and just straight-up fucking destroys Teostra 1-on-1 makes him seem like an edgy Sonic "my guy is better than your guys" OC to me, but I don't know if that's just how they all are at first.