Road to no regrets

Hello anons, youngfag here.
As I find many interesting people here older than I, I wanted to ask:
What are the things you wish you had known, had been told, had done while in the beginning of your life, let's say from 16 to 24
The book you wish you had read earlier, a quote that changed your life.. anything is welcomed.

The Technological Society by Jacques Ellul
Daybreak by Friedrich Nietzsche (Chapters 3-5)

b&

>things you wish you had known
This is gonna be a bit /r9k/-ey, but don't get hung up on a oneitis. People's personalities and appearances repeat after a while if you meet enough people, eventually not only will you find someone who's the same, but find someone who's better. And if you're hung up over a person because of particular memories shared with that person, you can always make new, better memories with another person.

As for financial advice (since this is Veeky Forums after all), I got nothing. I only started living by myself and investing very recently, so I don't feel like I'm at a position where I can start giving people advice on that topic.

Having sex and making money.

When you begin college, know what job you want to have when you leave it. Be absolutely sure of that job and start as early as freshman year to work towards that specific job. Not your major, not what you want to study, not what your passions are, what job you want and how to get it.

And don't try to take on too much academic work at once. In college, pacing yourself will be better.

Community college for a basic degree, learn from your job, avoid siren song private universities yhe debt they will saddle you with will haunt your for most of your life. save money, travel while you're young, if you are good at soething get people to pay you for it, spend less time on the compuer. Hook up with whomever you want life is short, exercise and keep your heart in good shape and get plenty of sleep and water.

>tfw didn't do that
My favourite was literary translation but I can do any kind of translation after my studies. Perhaps I'll take an additional course, and go for a few internships

re: attracting women
maximize your attractiveness in every way - grooming, stylish clothes, physique, men's fragrances, hygiene - all that makes the whole job of attracting them easier

Just started it but so far so good. Would have been right up my alley 17 years ago when it came out. The Nature of Economies by Jane Jacobs. Also picked up at the library the Stealth of Nations: The Global Rise of the Informal Economy by Robert Neuwirth.

Use those legs (arms too) get out the house. Better to hang out at the library, cafe, or different locations than try to absorb it all in front of a computer. Keep a notebook/journal, organize/classify, figure out how to time block. Take plenty of breaks don't get bored frustrated.

Don't be thirsty for women and you'll have plenty to drink.

Direct or at least guide your life in cooperation with others or someone else will do it for you.

seriously as an oldfag here, you'll think the world is taking off without you, but, what you should really be doing is taking the hardest possible classes if you are lucky/can afford, otherwise the hardest classes at your junior colleges including if no other option online or MOOCS, and try as hard as you can to JUST LEARN THINGS, including but especially

Logic
Philosophy
Mathematics
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Art

And never use a car if you can take a bike, never text when you can show up and talk in person, and don't drink too much.

And I'm not saying show up to Molecular Biology expecting to ace it, just start with the fundamental 090- 101 level classes.

and: don't eat too much and drink plenty of water.

Also: The Systems Mindset by Sam Carpenter

Here's a few

> Don't go to college unless you are pursuing one of those careers where you absolutely have to have the degree. Otherwise it is 100% waste
> Whatever your interest start a business of it. Don't work for others. The sooner you enter this mindset the happier you will be
> Never pass up sex
> Keep your body healthy with proper diet and regular exercise

I thought I was going crazy with the similar personalities and looks thing. Im 22 pretty social and noticed this a lot.
I say find the personality you like when you figure out the type you like then find one with a face to match

Chlamydia is NOT a flower.

Fag.

I wish I realized earlier that money is just a tool

I wish I had known crypto 7 years ago

Don't playy video games

nothing.

learning things is most of the fun.

I guess I would have told myself to get therapy. A lot of therapy.

It's really, really easy to spend your twenties doing nothing. Before you know it you're thirty with a shitty BA and no experience and your friends are getting on with their lives without you.

FUCKING _DO_ SOMETHING. HAVE A PLAN.

>friends