/dlg/ - Duel Links General

Duel Links General #271

>Yiff yiff

Last Thread: NEW PLAYER? READ THIS BEFORE ASKING YOUR QUESTIONS IN THE THREAD.
pastebin.com/87GTAd4N

Latest News
>'Serious Chazz' is roaming Duel World (GX) until the 13th
>The 1st stage of the KC cup is underway
>Espa Roba will be roaming starting on the 13th
>Dr.Crowler is coming back mid February and Bonz and Mokuba are being added to the gate
>A new event - 'Duel Island' - is planned for late February
>A new Legendary Duelist will appear early March (likely Syrus)

Useful (Duel) Links
>Sites with good info on LDs, skills, deck lists, beginner guides, etc. (Partially outdated but it's the best we've got.)
duellinks.gamea.co/

Future content (No release date but it's in the files)
youtube.com/watch?v=eMctSaKkS7E

Android emulators (or just use the Steam version)
bignox.com/
bluestacks.com/

A few tips for new players
>You can change the resolution of the Steam version with DuelLinksConfiguration.exe in the game folder
>Create and link a Konami ID to play on multiple devices and save your progress in case of a crash
>Turn your battery/power usage bar up to max in the settings menu for a smoother experience
>When sending Vagabonds, always choose the 1 card challenge because it gives the most XP.
>Decide on what deck you want to build before spending gems.
>Level up Mai, Keith, Alexis and Odion first to unlock Windstorm of Etaqua, Metalmorph, Spell Shield Type 8 and Curse of Anubis respectively
>Don't get baited into buying the box Land of the Titans. It's bad.

Reminder that slash dragon hard counters pretty much all gladbeast effects, you just have to be careful about their backrow

Someone explain why the FUCK can't we chain other shit into dark mirror force

>have at least 3 of every Chazz-a-ton reward (except Lv.5 but screw that)
>but not a SINGLE Lancer Lindwurm

Daily reminder for Konami shills.

You couldn't beat the cock.

>there are "people" who unironically want tristan

Yep, all glad beasts can do against slash dragon is floodgate it but then they have to deal with spirit bringing it back. Slash Dragon matchups almost always end as a loss for the glad beast player.

Where are other glad beast players currently at? I got to level 15 not too long ago.

should I pull from galactic origin for cosmic cyclone even if I don't care that much about glads?

>there are people who unironically want gems

>pic related, (you)

Storm works really well with the Slash deck. You chain the effect to your red eyes spirit and monster equips to devastate their backrow. Also if bestari tries to destroy a facedown red eyes spirit while you have a monster equipped, you can negate the effect and destroy their monster at the same time.

>while you have a monster equipped
It can be any equip actually, once got fucked over by a Slash with a kunai and chain equipped.

If you're running floodgate glad beasts you should already be max lv or KoG.

I only have two floodgates.

TFW haven't played KC cup because I'm trying to level people up.

Did I make a mistake?

Should be enough. Make sure you got those wall of D's or mirror walls too.

>tfw too embarrassed to DUERU irl

You should at least do the KC Cup for all the free gems they give out. You can level characters anytime, but a consistent stream of gems are hard to come by.

We don't need the yandere.

i hate japs and chinks, they need to get dealt with... again

That's cool to know, wish I had kunai wit chain

O J A M A S H I M A S U

Please just give us this card so cards from the sky isnt doodoo

Yeah it'll be really fucking good for slash dragons since it doubles as an econ and adds ammo to your target negation effect.

What's the next step of this arms war race meta?

Domino City missile crisis

>supposedly there's the extra rewards event going on as well
>have one level 5 dragon and 5 level 7s

why the fk did this lv15 dude stopped my 20th rank up, y'all some pieces of shit for that you have nothing to lose and mess up some random innocent guys for no reason who obviously bricked hard, wtf is wrong with you

heh, git gud

what part of bricked hard didnt you get? i opened up with nothing but gladiator beasts, no backrow whatsover...cmon

You run gladiators with balance to avoid this. You never brick unless you start with some shit like murmillo or ill fitting backrow to deal with your opponent

So is everyone just trying to lose as fast as possible in casual duels to farm skills. I've played 3 decks in a row like this

Jesus christ they need to make Balance a universal skill that's always present or outright ban that shit, how the hell are meta decks that are prone to bricking supposed to deal with furries that always start with 2 backrow cards and a monster.

>runs gb
>still loses
heh, git gud noob

Yes, they're grinding xp and/or skills.

gladiator beasts are for fags, anytime I see a glad beast players promo match I give them no mercy.

>When the opponent only has 3 cards left to set in their hand, an empty field and you have AMA as a set card for the sake of a previous bluff
I can only get so hard, please stop.

Someone please tell me I only need 2 REZD because if I have to open what will probably be another 100+ packs just for the third I think I might lose my goddamn mind.

You need 3 gozuki

2 rezd works
you do need 3 gozuki though so gl!

You should be losing your mind for investing in an virgin zombie dragon deck instead of a chad slash dragon deck.

can you give me a balance deck? i run them with holy guard so my deck tends to be >switch everything to defense
no deck has 100% winrate and losing a match to brick doesnt prove anything
why?

Here's mine

I got KoG last two seasons with Holy Guard GB so I think its not the deck...

Me too but I've been having an easier time since switching to balance.

glad beasts would be fair if they had to do battle damage to trigger their effect. but instead all they have to do is ram your opponent or get rammed themselves while being protected by backrow infinity

if only i wasnt scammed off my mw....

do you have a high winrate with this deck? arent you afraid to run them on other monsters? do you use fusions, cause i rarely do

here is my deck, but instead of 3 econ i run 2 now and added an extra srh because i was running in many hazys

>arent you afraid to run them on other monsters?
I usually run them into monsters in defense position with windstorm/anubis/floodgate/econ and generously use AMA to stop their backrow from saving them. Then switch to bestiari (if I have something else to protect it) to pop their backrow.

Yeah that looked like the old gladiator beast deck I used to run. I had to sacrifice the sphere kuriboh for the sake of maintaining a good ratio for balance at the cost of getting fucked over if the enemy had AMA.

Why don't you at least have a xing zhen hu? I used to have one in my previous deck because enemy backrow kept interrupting my attacks.

Pretty similar to what I ran but this is what I used last season
You dont need 2 Kuriboh, 1 is enough imo and if youre doing the holy guard route then get rid of half shut and add another flodgate if you have 1.
Floodgate is a beautiful card bruh, id run 3 if i had them

I could run a GB deck but I don't because I am not a gigantic faggot.

also i dont know how it would stand out this season since i havent used gb since i got kog last month and i used a different deck this season but if youre worried about backrow then you could more backrow removal/ prevention

We'll get return from the different dimension a best m8

How many of you guys duel irl?

I've been slowly getting back into yugioh due to both youtube and DL and I have a handful of structure decks. It's pretty fucking fun to see cards I've never heard of before and weren't used in the anime and make some shit up.

can you explain how many monsters/spells/traps i need in my deck for balance to work properly? im confused

i could add ama, xing zhen, cosmic cyclone, another bestiari or powerful rebirth (no fire formation unfortunately), what do you think would work best?
Sadly i dont have another floodgate.

>can you explain how many monsters/spells/traps i need in my deck for balance to work properly? im confused
In a 20 card deck you need a minimum of 6 cards of a type for it to always show up in your hand. Only 3 cards are affected by Balance so the 4th one is a random card that could be anything. In that deck I'm always assured 1 monster, 1 trap, and one card that has an equal chance of being either a monster or a trap. Spells will never show up in my starting hand unless it's via the 4th card that's random.

The worst case scenario you can get with a setup like 8 monsters/8 traps/4 spells with balance is 3 monsters (2 from balance and one from the 4th card) and a trap.

>minimum of 6 cards of a type for it to always show up in your hand

thanks senpai, it makes more sense now. Yes, balance does seem A LOT more reliable and safe, i will try it out. I will also tech in some amas, because once glads start rolling its hard to stop their momentum, right?

Oh sorry, fucked that up
see

Rebecca when?

>because once glads start rolling its hard to stop their momentum, right?
Yep, that's usually how it goes. You'll still lose some matches against hard counters and higher tier decks but you'll be more consistent in your performance.

nobody cares

>nobody cares
wrong

so should i remove kuribohs so they dont mess up my starting hand?

You'll have to if you don't risk kuriboh being the only monster in your starting hand.

she's 8 years old in the dub user, don't lewd children.

just run restart

that could be an option too

So's Tits Flannigan

Yes, and?

Why? What's wrong with kids? Why do you hate kids?

Synchro

>Tfw syncro will kill fusions

Wait what? Explain yourself !

Why does Synchro even exist

It's just contact fusion

>Duel Links
>synchro

Will I ever have luck in this game
>GB fag summons a single beasts, no back row
>I manage to summon 3 monsters and I attack
>He has 3 kuribo
the fuck?

>he doesn’t want a Super Roboyarou animation

Let's say Konami nerfs gladbeasts to a tier 4 deck next week, which other no skill deck will people flock to?

Beyond Lv10 everybody has been playing for a year and has full kog insignias, so good luck

Cyber Angels again, Slash Dragon I guess
Bujins

burn already u cuck

>When they use a trap on elemental hero chad
>They don't know

>Getting disconects when it seems I'm about to lose but I still have chances
????

You missed the activation timing so you lost and the online session ends.

>implying they're not already tier 4

is anyone else getting bored of this game? lately i've lost my will to play and it feels more like a chore

>t.150 days playing

Someone explain le ebin Beaver Warrior maymay

Hazy.

Those decks require some good money to be good. What makes GB so good is any F2P shitter can build it.

Legacy of the Duelist is better
Pirated the game and the multiplayer works with all DLC for free

The worse thing is people don't understand that its a good deck not dominating like CA and REZ were.

Also makes me feel like its burn fags complaining/shitters since CA and hazy are just as strong

Last I checked the multiplayer is dead. Less than 300 players on steam with the number getting lower each month.

You guys ready for tag duel PvP?

>4 glad beasts players in 1 match

I guess they dont know any better
Anyway 4000 LP is just OTK luck can't take this shit seriously

It'd be chaos with partners constantly shuffling each other's monsters into their own decks, essentially removing from the play that monster for the other player unless a copy of it goes back to the field.

>Floodgate
>Floodgate
>Floodgate
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>synchro, xyz, pendulum

No thanks.