/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Balance patches? In my Monster Hunter? capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/08
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1517086460933.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=KvzemQPAIIo
youtube.com/watch?v=-wHb5_NBWmE
youtube.com/watch?v=6WpYp9t42Mo
youtube.com/watch?v=Lgx7_VrT3Dg
youtube.com/watch?v=fqrf2B42zWs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Me in the top left.

Nth for requesting in game screens of vaal armour alpha and beta on fem hunters

I want to do Tempered Elders with user, but I'm sleepy!

Any squads to join?

I'm a lonely boy

what is/are the best lance(s) for guard lancing?

redpill me on greatsword

tempered xeno when

I want to have sex with her!

Gotten tired of World so I'm go back to 3U and finish what I started a long while ago
Anyone got the goddamn Grongingas image? Gonna do Hammer top to bottom where appropriate

How it underwater though? Never used it
Might make a back-up Lance for that
Missed my boys so much

Biggest numbers

Your palico suggests you use hammer

>slugger rarity 8 jewel from event quest
Who said you couldn't get max rarity gems from event quest?

I don't want to spend that long fighting Xeno just for people to get randomly one shot when he starts sweeping the ground.

>how is hammer
It's hammer. It's fine underwater. The only thing that's unacceptable to use underwater in any circumstance is an SnS.

Just making sure you see it gl user

How do you guys keep track of which monsters to cap for the White Winds of the New World quest?

Defend this

Depends on what you're facing, I believe the general purpouse lance is Bazel though.

Yeah, SnS was my main and it turned me off from water badly at the time
I've come to see that that was unreasonable

You can get slugger from threat 1 wyverns user. I have to regularly reroll these things. They're worthless and keep piling up.

How's this bow set

Attack Lv4
Weakness Exploit Lv3
Constitution Lv3
Special Ammo Boost Lv2
Elementless Lv1
Critical Boost Lv1
Spread/Power Shot Lv1
Normal Lv1
Pierce Lv1

Anything I can do to improve?

uhhhh what did he mean by this?

I'd rather just continue filtering you and anybody stupid enough to reply to you.

>Trying to come up with a Handicraft / WE set that doesn't look fucking awful
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Does Sharpshooter stack with Normal Up?

Come on guys, please? its not that much effort.

Unless fem hunter players on /mhg/ are too buys masturbating to have progressed far enough in the game to see the armour

Is it what we're looking for?

Get attack to lvl 5

is there already a scan of the mhw artbook?

>just for people to get randomly one shot
then do it solo

>find a beta set you like
>farm for 20 years for handicraft and we gems
>????
>profit

>Tired of world
Uhh okay.
You couldn't pay me to play through 3u again holy shit

>b.diablos
>21 minutes
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

What melee is good vs kirin?

I can't, I don't have any space for an additional lv1 gems.

REEEEE GIVE ME MY FUCKING ELEMENTLESS JEWEL

Unless it has a special reward or has it's own special tier of decorations that would be far less preferable than just farming non kirin elder dragons.

Can you emulate XX?

Yup. Grats user

just got back to play pierce gunning
any tips or inputs on gear making? this is the best i could come up atm

dual b

lance. just poking his horn non-stop. back hop when he rears up. keep poking

Probably.

>the thighs in this game

God fucking damn my dick can't take this

It just doesn't have enough to keep me interested
No monster variety, no difficulty, weird MV balance, mediocre endgame
At least in older games I can actually die to anything but Kirin if I fuck-up

It laid the groundwork for what will be the best period in the MonHun life cycle, but that does not make it itself that great

I haven't even played world yet, and I can tell your set is retarded
protip dont just get a bunch of level 1 skills, focus on ONE and max it first retard

maybe i should just drop the RAMBO novelty

Not him but these are weird things to here. We suffered through charm farmer 3rd just fine and that game was inferior to MHFU in both difficulty and variety.

Look at this reddo boyo, fresh meat is always fun to see

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1517086460933.webm

Hammer

Kirin

thank

And we still appreciated them, as I appreciate World
Things like P3rd also being unable to kill you is certainly a flaw
Also, I don't see how 'Not enough monsters' is a weird complaint

>run out of shit to do in world before I get tired of monster hunter
>now i'm 30 hours into XX on the switch

everything went better than expected

>nerg only takes decent shot damage on his spikes. If you're doing a good job and breaking them as soon as they come up you have to deal with shitty hitzones until he grows more
>Kushala's best hit zone is his tail and good luck ever consistently hitting it given he's facing you 99% of the time
>Vaal doesn't even have any 3 Star shot hitzones
> Teo is the only one that takes consistently good shot damage but only on his tiny fucking teo face that's constantly moving. Every other shot does 0 because of his flame aura

Gunning in World's endgame was a mistake.

Do buffs like Demondrug are capped by Attack Boost skill max level or they provide a fixed increased amount?

Opinions. I've enjoyed this game more than any other mh game. I'm 150 hours into mhw and I barely faced vaal for the first time. I'm still farming weapon trees and making sets for mid high rank. I do how you guys get burnt out so easily. The monsters are great too. None of them feel like repeats. Shit man I had to farm great jaggras to fill the weapon tree up to bazelgeus for a new switch axe, and even THAT was fun. Hazel even showed up to help. Can I ask, what is it about monster Hunter that keeps you around? And be more specific than "muh endgame"

>Elementless Lv1
>Spread/Power Shot Lv1
>Normal Lv1
>Pierce Lv1
These only go up 1, retard

I'd give up my left pinky toe for the Switch version to be in English

So I just beat Barroth and thought about taking on what turned out to be a Diablos.

Is this a bad idea

>I haven't even played world yet
then don't talk retard

The weird thing isn't the "there's not enough monsters" it's "there's so little that I'm going to go back to 3U' of all things. 4th gen combat is the best we've ever had, so take not one but two steps back is odd. At any rate when 3rd was a thing people noted the difficulty but nobody ever felt the need to talk about how they'd rather just go back to MHFU. We simply played both and that was the way of things. In short: I miss Minegarde.

>Vaal Hazak
Fuckin hell, what an annoying fight.

Its like they couldn't figure out how to make him fun or challenging to fight, so they just threw in as much asinine shit as they could. Status ailments, environmental damage, small monsters that can knock you over or paralyze you. Fuck.

Is there a list for the fucking dogshit capturing and HR Arena optionasl?

this set is schizophrenic. you either do a normal/powershot build with normal up and power shot up or a dp spam build with special ammo boost and pierce up. just make two sets and use whatever is best against the monster you're fighting

>its 25 min Nergi fight with GS
>even miss the true charge wake-up despite doing it exactly as in the youtube video
fucking fuck jeesus shit just fucking end me

>run out of shit to do
How do people do this? 150 hours in and I barely found my first tempered barroth track

Is it safe to assume that I should farm Rathalos ASAP when I hit HR to get the two pieces that'll give me full Weakness Exploit? Seems like the most useful skill to have for many weapons.

yes

I don't know how bow works in world, only experience is with 4u's bow.

What would you suggest to someone who is only use to charging shot to lv3 -> power shot
Normal/Power only?

effluvia resistancelvl 3 and effluvia expert would make vaal a literal punching bag

Good on you for enjoying yourself slowly, but you seriously have to realize that that's miles slower than most
It's not a normal comparison

>How do people do this?
By stopping after they triple cart to tempered Kirin, maybe even earlier

>Wake the monster up with the first hit and whiff the second

Tempered Vaal Hazak is still a cunt even with all that, literally everything you do will be met with instant 180 tail + claw combo

>try fighting nerg with a hbg for the first time
>1:45 kill with no might pill or aff booster
cluster is nuts

coming for you vaal, already killed your bitch ass cousin a few hundred times

>crafting the Odogaron set
youtube.com/watch?v=KvzemQPAIIo

Effluvia expert the one that negates his hp halving ability? Shit I didn't know that jewel existed

>180 tail + claw combo
That tail wouldn't even be a problem if it wasn't for the fact that the fucking thing can't be rolled through to dodge. Even if you avoid the tail, he'll still swing it back and hit you anyways. It's infuriating.

>>even miss the true charge wake-up despite doing it exactly as in the youtube video
I guess you didn't do it exactly as in the video then :^)

>normal lvl 1

Is this really worth having a charm for and missing out on an attack +3 charm?

Or does it come in a jewel?

girros waist

Everything comes as a jewel.

Yeah, when he did that lizard stance to blow out the fog at his feet, I heard the Cursed Dragon charging-up SFX in my head
Classic Capcom

DELET

Wtf, that fight is great. You don't understand that it's enjoyable to defeat difficult monsters. It's cool to have a fucking toxic gas monster in an poisonous environment with minions around. To topple that is great. He's an elder after all. What do you want? People don't know how to enjoy things anymore. You fucks are more critical than the damage multiplier on your fucking min maxxed clownsuits

There are basically two bow styles right now, normal/powershot (pref. with an elemental bow) and dp spam.

for reference:
youtube.com/watch?v=-wHb5_NBWmE
youtube.com/watch?v=6WpYp9t42Mo

and

youtube.com/watch?v=Lgx7_VrT3Dg
youtube.com/watch?v=fqrf2B42zWs

I guess there's also the jumping meme build but that only works on some maps. Just go with whatever looks most fun to you.

How do I get the other 8* Teo quests? I've done every 1-7* quest and I'm blue completed on 8 but there's nobody interested in talking. Do you need to get your HR up to a certain point?

i've been told the best loadout for consistent DPS for shattercryst is reload reload recoil, which is what i've been running, but i'm honestly not sure. Tehy really need to have something with a long body in the training area for me to test

i just roll with nerg DB, dodging isnt a prob and just did one with jap jobbers, went better when they went melee at last faint count

Me on the right

meh i miss the 4u playstyle, i guess i wont bow this game

How have you not run out of stuff to do in 3u.... the game is so many years old....the only thing that could be bringing you back is enjoyable game play. Which mhw does better.

>open up the Normal hoonts one
>10 seconds in he's fired 3 DPs and is facetanking as Bow with Rocksteady
Hurts just a little bit

There is no other 8* Teo. There's the elder dragons including Nerginante. And kirin. You get Kirin for collecting kirin tracks

What's a good armor set for Gunlance in high rank?

Best place to farm shit? No one brings dung pods to fights and apparently it's up to me to keep the B-52 from ruining every encounter we have.