Escape from Tarkov - /eftg/

Quickstart Guide, resource ref sheet and FAQ:
pastebin.com/KhTaGq4E

>Maps with Extraction Points
gamemaps.co.uk/game/tarkov
tarkov.directory/

>List of Trade-In Loot
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S0driY-17iz7Ihg3QQrIQnVDn_k3huCzxtzrGKCjnRA/edit#gid=0

>List of Quest Item Loot
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t85qw8eSbu-o3mkNTm7SVtwrQVOOkQuN6y2aldqEj64/edit#gid=0

>Discords
"""""OFFICIAL""""" EFT discord for beta news:
discord.gg/8KsHTGF
/eftg/ official US based discord:
discord.gg/BEEk538
MONOLITH - EU based discord:
discord.gg/sKyQny6

>Latest major patch notes
forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/58320-patch-071910/

>Ammunition info (questionable validity - wiki appears to me to be the most accurate)
escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Ammunition
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HVNodTxYYzr1EtAasUqkdS89nTpD55tsnpTrEwfKFBI/htmlview?sle=true#
tarkovballistics.blogspot.de/

>Full controls list
pastebin.com/WzBSmZpA

>Previous Thread

No wipe this month/til open beta

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YpvU3LKb1PU
youtube.com/watch?v=PRqQvWGiWCw&t=15m
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Go to snipe at the balcony above power plant on shoreline
>sitting comy but board with my rsass and scope
>watch the scavs doing their loops
>have my scope sighted for 200m
>finally two player come down
>awyeah.jpg
>start drilling right into one guy
>nothing happens
>wut
>he's shooting back at me but I'm just some pixel with a fort helm on so I'm k
>pull out my m4 and kill him
>when I get up I realzie that I was just shooting all my rounds straight into the concrete in front of me
>die later in the raid to other janky shit
Dammit, I've been trying to sniper there for multiple raids now.

I used to do that shit all the time. It's a little harder to tell if your barrel is actually clearing the shit in front of you in a video game.

>Customs with my trusty loadout
>AKSU, no armor or helmet and one spare mag in a scav vest
>keep dying to desync, peaker's advantage, lag, and just the plane good old dcs from server
>fort/fast/m4 5 man death parties keep rolling my shit in
>this is tarkov son, don't give up.
>rebuy my shit, got ~34,000 roubles in the account.
>guess it's back to hatcheting scavs for guns after this run
>rush to marked room
>run into a 4 man
>3 grenades, an AKSU and a dream
>come out a hero.
And this is why I continue to play tarkov. I couldn't even take everything.

Yeah it blows, I'm going to try again. and see if there is anywhere I can prone. I don't want to crouch, I'd have such a noticeable silhouette up there.
Probably will go test in offline, so that I know I can get it right, I'm rich, but I have a standard stash size and RSASS and Fort don't exactly grow on trees.

Nice job, user. How the fuck did you end up with a full stack of roubles though? Did one of those guys have it on them or something?

Yeah, I don't know why one of them would carry it. I don't even think there can be enough loose roubles on Customs to get a full stack. But hell, I wasn't gonna leave it there.

Interesting. Probably meant to give it to his buddy at the start and forgot or something.

I like how even though the task dialogue is in english I can barely follow what they're saying. Mostly with Skier because it seems like he's making jokes or something, and keeps following it up with "Whatever."

The devs don't know how to translate gopnik speak into english

This fucking game. Why doesn't it let me reload sometimes? ffs, I don't remember this happening before except for shotguns.

I haven't had that problem lately. Are you quickly tapping R more than once, not realizing you dropped a mag, and then going to reload later without a spare mag? If that's not it, it could just be desynced server. Used to happen sometimes where the server would bug out, and I wouldn't be able to switch weapons or reload.

the game is fucked, i got my AK bugged that didnt do any dmg, while another one i picket up was fine, then one mag bugged and i couldn't refill it

>Are you quickly tapping R more than once
No cuz I still had the first mag in my gun, and I hadn't even tried to reload yet that entire game. It would have been nice if he had dropped that map because at least I would have had ammo.

Nice one, and you even taught them a valuable lesson about bunching up.

The best I ever managed on customs was 30k, and I was really scraping the bottom of the barrel for that.
50k is probably the absolute limit if you get lucky with scavs having bundles on them.

this game is gonna flop so hard because they still haven't acknowledged the fact that nobody wants to treat the game like a job without losing skills

condolences to everyone who paid 50 bucks to play it

With all the registers and safes on customs I can get around 60k on average run if I get them all

You can't lose more than one level. Calm down.

no, you don't get it.

YOU LOSE YOUR SKILLS IF YOU DON'T PLAY EVERYDAY.

What happens during a wipe? everyone lose their gear and start from zero?

Profile reset to before you even chose BEAR/USEC.

what is even the point of this """""""limit""""""

>tfw

What's the difference between them aside from player models and voice lines?

Time to rev up those click bots

Nothing except usuck are weak girly men

Currently nothing. Devs state they have some plans whether it be a Karma system to enforce not killing the same kind or maybe some other stuff.

>wait for trader reset
>still no IFAK on sight

where the fuck are they

what do you thing Andry was thinking about /eftg/?

>unironically picking SLAV

What should I do with my alpha now that I have a beta?

Why can this game just release on steam already? I want to buy it with my steam money

cause not even steam will allow garbage this broken

>implying steam has quality control

thats the joke

He was considering how bitrate is so severely effected by grass.

Is this game really that bad?

yes, we're all massive raving masochists who love getting fat russian shits down our throats.

game concept and core of it is good, but broken on so many levels i don't know if even half the stuff will be fixed

STALKERs basically

ANUUUUUUU

it's that special rush you get from this game that I can't feel from any other game these days. It's what keeps us all here.

personally its the rush that makes me want to uninstall
i dont want stressful games

Why did you buy Tarkov when you don't like stress? This bills itself as a le hardcoer shooting game. They generally can be pretty stressful.

Nikita doesn't want to share the money he got from EOD whales with Gabe.

cause what the fuck else am i going to play?
PUBG? Siege? csgo?

Sure? What's wrong with any of those games? They're popular, is that the problem? I don't get what you mean by not wanted a stressful game. Go play a fun platformer or more arcadey shooter.

cause pubg is just dogshit
although its more enjoyable after tarkov, and a lot more relaxing
siege is fag ass murderhole camping and angle masturbation
cs is angle masturbation but less severe, ive been playing it for fucking decade im sick of it it can fucking die
quake and unreal are fantastic but its a different genre
what the fuck does that leave? fucking squad? granted its a good game but you can't exactly play it solo, and i dont want to have the need of a decent squad if i want to have fun with the game
im dealing with tarkov by running knife only, and picking shit off scavs. that does the trick
slow play in tarkov is completely mind numbingly boring

Hatchling runs are great. Memorize the AK spawns and rush them. Fight only indoors and blast fortfags in the legs in ambushes. Works a lot of the time and stress free, because none of that gear was yours to begin with.

relevant
youtube.com/watch?v=YpvU3LKb1PU

I always wonder what the other person sees.

Learn the maps you want to play (that means PvP and scav hotspots, extracts, and player spawns)

Learn how recoil works and how to counter it

Learn how to point shoot (it's easier than it looks once you find the center of your screen)

Learn how to combat armored foes and get the drop on people by playing factory with a basic inexpensive rifle. I recommend Ak74, Kolpak/comtac, and paca at the MOST. Pistol and nothing else at the least. Get ready to lose it over and over until you learn sound management.

Don't hatchet run. It's perfect for when you actually lost everything or need to do an obnoxious quest. Otherwise it just teaches bad habits.

And finally learn how to spot players from the backdrop and differentiate between players and scavs. This is the hardest and there are plenty of good players who can't do either. But you should try to figure both out.

>Otherwise it just teaches bad habits
like killing scavs and getting guns for free? get fucked

Are there recoil patterns or is it just a general pull down?

Have USEC friend stand on the other side of a wall. Shoot one round. Immediately tap y. He will respond.

Have BEAR friend stand on the other side of the wall. Shoot one round, tap again. He will not respond because he was trained by KGB komrade on sneeki breeki 101.

On the other hand, without subtitles BEAR voice lines are useless unless you speak Russian.

So the only benefit right now is BEAR minor sneakiness boost vs USEC functional voice lines for non-Slavs. Take your pick.

I know you're in here, Nathan.

The game is still shit.

You know I'm right.

- Steve.

Different guns have different patterns but in general yes pull down. Keep in mind they went with CS:GO style pulling gun up instead of player view up. So it's harder to figure out exactly how much to compensate.

Poor wigglefags and shitters.

>implying i give a fuck about traders and quests when all gear is on site procurement

I appreciate them trying to limit hatchlings, but this punishes people who take in gear and die a lot even further. That's stupid.

It's therapist level 4 retards

the only real way to limit hatchlings would be allowing you to play scavs without cooldown, and having one safe slot on them for at least 1 dog tag

Eh, removing scav cooldown is worth discussing, but a safe slot is far too much, even more so if the cooldown is getting removed.

Will we be able to chill in our hideouts and walk around and shit or what its going to be like?

>Siege
>murderhole camping
Come on m8, at least play a game for more than 2 hours before you judge it

Yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=PRqQvWGiWCw&t=15m

He's probably just bad at it desu

the point in hatching is that you guaranteed at least to get 1 crappy tag or some cash
people who play for the sake of stability wont swith from stable guaranteed to a maybe

Why do my eyes just glaze over shit in this game? I feel like I'm fucking blind.

will we be able to hang out in there with a full squad and laugh at hatclings while chugging vodka?

literally everything that happened to me was extreme pixel angle masturbation, murder holes, and 3 speed running around like crazy shooting me in the head.
i started getting kills when i started pixel masturbating too, but its fucking boring as fuck, and fast gameplay got me killed 100% of the time, so i uninstalled

lmao just flank faggot

Holy shit same. I am normally good at spotting shit in shooters, but this game fucks with my vision somehow. When moving through the more open areas in shoreline and woods I still do the ceremonial spin around and look for enemies, but I know damn well that I won't see shit unless somebody opens up on me.

>and fast gameplay got me killed 100% of the time, so i uninstalled

>and fast gameplay got me killed 100% of the time, so i uninstalled
cod should be more to your liking

id be playing uo every single day if it was alive.

Eh, probably not.
Though, you can always run over to reddit and suggest that to Nikita. Heck, it would be nice to invite a couple of friends over and exchange items and gear.

I'm really not liking where this is going, they are piling up useless features into a game that needs basic things fixed.

A lot of the basic features are getting reworked. Armor, medding, and mag loading are all getting changed pretty significantly.

I really hate this game, the only reason i play it at all is because I can't refund this PoS. I just love dying and losing my gear to deysync, and the insane peeker's advantage.

Close to having to reset my profile again, only reason I don't want to is that I don't want to have to do those stupid fucking tasks for the traders again. AND I HATE GRINDING so hatchling runs are a no go for me.

and plate carriers are being worked on, so that prob will patch the gap between fort and paca

how about... netcode?
clunky movement?
unintuitive janky keybinds?

hardcore

Movement feels fine to me. It actually has weight to it unlike shit like PUBG where you feel like you're floating around. Considering we don't even have some of the game options and graphics options implemented yet, I'd be surprised if we didn't eventually get more keybinding options. As for netcode, it's usually something that's really hard to fix and takes a while. Look at how long it took them to improve it in Siege, and that was after the game had already been released. I do hope that shit gets improved a bit though. There needs to not be so much peeker's advantage in a game that wants to be slower paced.

>I'm a slave to $45.

So is the future of Tarkov just a slow, poorly optimized, campfest where 3 dudes sit in a dark corner near the important locations you are forced to go to?

are you for real?
what about constantly getting stuck on shit?
what about having to running jump over retarded shit all the time?
there mandatory needs to be at least a chest high vault, and all the terrain bugs fixed as a priority
it feels worse than the game from the 90s

in some countries thats a fifth of your monthly paycheck, user.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm playing the same game as the people in this thread. There are a few terrain objects that interfere with movement in retarded ways, sure. But that's the terrain and not the movement, at least in my mind. The movement itself feels really good to me, though it does take some getting used to. Dunno what the fuck you're constantly encountering that necessitates a running jump all the time though. Shit like logs and toppled walls that normally block your movement can just be jumped over while walking. Or you could simply walk around them like a normal person. And actually, I'm fairly certain some sort of vaulting system is already confirmed, which I agree is much needed.

>monthly paycheck

you mean welfare

>tfw a CQC fag
>tfw I find the factory to be the easiest map
>tfw can't bring myself to play other maps because I'm panicking in open spaces
>tfw can't complete any tasks

no.
9-6/7 monthly average wage.

im completely oposite
>prapor factory quest
>just give up and forget it
i am so comfortable on woods, i can see everywhere

But user, everywhere can also see you

i always see them first

He is just some angry little shit who complains about everything in the game.