/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General

Perfect Banter Edition

Last time on /dbfzg/: >Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg

>PC system requirements:
i.imgur.com/Qh9Ie78.jpg

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>List of hidden mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1QyuykC4D5zpnOKt_qyn20ZZzO168Az7Suu_ojD4SVWg/preview#

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
youtube.com/watch?v=vYmaCnSgqGA

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg

>Hitbox/Hurtbox info:
pastebin.com/iG5fwJMw

>Network colors (the square next to the name):
twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/959640513669349378

>Ranks and their respective amounts of BP:
i.imgur.com/zhwN8jg.png

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5ofSAgn5kgg?t=298
eventhubs.com/news/2018/feb/10/here-marvel-vs-capcom-infinites-participant-numbers-some-biggest-tournaments-last-few-months/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for vore

Kid Buu's not that good

black is mediocre on his own

I only do vanish on S confirms. If I'm doing a full combo, there is no reason to vanish unless you are snapbacking really

Vegeta,Black and Goku are not fucking mediocre. That is just retarded to say. The one that I would say is closest to mediocre is Vegeta if anything but he still has a DP, his specials link well into his combos also. Black and Goku might have the easiest combo potential in the game. Not to mention black's normals are top tier. Kid buu is fucking shit. Kill yourself.

>t. Red Ribbon+
>t. Saibaman

>easy = good
oh boy
not like it matters but i'm demon

Friendly reminder:
>Do not reply to saibaman posts
>Hide and report saibaman threads

Still trying to understand mechanics. Can someone walk me through this?
Enemy Kid Buu is in lvl 3 sparkling and begins a fight with 21. Buu opens with 5M and 21 uses lvl 3 super instantly to catch him. Buu cancels his 5M (somehow?) by vanishing behind me and proceeds to dunk my ass.
Does sparkling just let you break out of combos whenever?

Says the saibaman that thinks black or vegeta are useful outside of his assist

I don't get this one

its a corner, and you live there now

Sparkling makes your everything faster

you can't break out of combos with sparking
you should look up all the properties because there's a lot of them
it does not

I need some good mod recommendations

Seriously why green people refuse matches even in Free VS with FULL Blue signal? I could understand ranking, but free battle?
What's the point in avoiding stronger (ah, i wish!) players ?

>black has 1 slow start up medium attack low. thats it. he cant open anyone up on his own
Stop posting. I don't do the whole t.saibaman posts a lot but this one is easy to spot. You might as well just say black can only do 2H and 5H to open up. He has a fucking Instant Transmission for godsake but I doubt you know that since you haven't played outside of earthling rank at most.

21 probably called in the lvl 3 too late so the kid buu could've blocked but instead he vanished.

because if they're just gonna get annihilated without any chance to even attack then they aren't gonna have any fun

>friends are all yellow rank and I'm blue
>don't understand why I get frustrated and don't have fun watching them wipe me out without getting to even try anything

That's what happens to me when I face Red or Orange people and I have never refused a fight, not even in ranking.

That thinking is why they will never get better.

instant transmission doesnt do anything without assist support. its still block high and wait for your turn vs him. he cant do anything outside sparking on his own. hes a good assist, good dmg, and needs a lot of help to be good. hes easy to play and one of few beam assists. thats enough for early meta. its like playing wesker. shit character everyone put in their team.

>That thinking is why they will never get better.
I don't see how watching your characters all get juggled to death is going to teach them anything either.
This game barely has neutral, they have about a split second to make the right decision before they lose 80% of their life and probably fall into another combo that finishes them off.
If they don't understand when and why to do things, getting absolutely destroyed isn't going to teach them anything at all

How can I use assists to extend combos on A.Gohan or Black? On 21 it's easy to extend from the hors d'ouerve stab, but I can't find something similar for the other two. Black's knee drive doesn't really combo well from the air unless you use the EX version.

Are you sure it was a 5m? Air M can be cancelled after first contact with other stuff

Instant Transmission has 3 different moves. 1 where he can go overhead, 1 where he has space and can hit low or wait for you to whiff a 2H and 1 where he goes behind for a bar. He has a beam and a beam command grab. You think. I'm done talking to you, you're a retard

You can generally extend gohan's air knockdown with assist and his fast fall.

>Goku Black
>There's no reason to not have him on your team -sonicfox

>This game barely has neutral
That's because you don't know how to play it and they open you up quick. Never trying to play against better people will never make you better. Knowing how to deal with pressure, how to escape pressure and how to open someone else up without being shit on yourself is how you get better. But you don't have to do that, you can play against all the other saibamen and super dash each other until you drop this game in a couple weeks.

Red ribbon? Is that a rank?

I'll try that, thanks

android has a red ribbon icon
he's probably never seen it for long though so he got confused

Ok that makes sense. I was wondering if the call out was Android or Earthling

>That's because you don't know how to play it and they open you up quick. Never trying to play against better people will never make you better.
There is a difference between playing with people that can beat you, and playing with people that absolutely fucking demolish you without mercy.
Playing against someone that wins most of the time but leaves enough openings for you to do things will help you learn, getting fucking bodied immediately without getting to press any buttons or try anything will just frustrate you.

It'd be like trying to teach a kid to swim by throwing him out of a fucking airplane into the middle of the ocean and telling him to swim back to land.
Fighting games are hard, you need to learn in baby steps.Staying in the shallow end of the pool won't help you lean how to swim that much better, but you shouldn't drown yourself either.

what do I do against people with solid corner defense and that mash 2H at the end of your W > W > M > M string? I've only not got blown up for doing that by stopping at like 5M and backing off, but that seems to only work against characters that don't have good range?

Also who are some good SS Goku and Krill players that I can watch and learn from?

sonicfox just said Blues are better than regulars what kind of pot do you have to be smoking to think this

Every fucking faggot I face has Goku on point. Literally every single one. Fucking normie cunts.

most people call it "L"
2H is only good vs people in the air, otherwise it's slow and worse than other buttons
if you want to beat people mashing button simply delay your strings enough that there's a gap but not enough that you get hit out of it
sonicfox is a known idiot also they're not comparable, the blues are point characters and the yellows are assist characters
having a single tier list for tag style games is retarded

He believes SS Vegeta is only good for his assist.

>Fighting games are hard, you need to learn in baby steps.Staying in the shallow end of the pool won't help you lean how to swim that much better, but you shouldn't drown yourself either.

I agree with that user. I didn't know what color that guy was that was mad when greens weren't playing him. I can understand if he is orange or pink.

What is this suppoaed to be

I agree with his top 3 but he has some pretty interesting opinions. I'd really like to know why he thinks Yamcha is that good.

The pot that lets him be good. I think he has skills to make whatever he want work and doesn't really have broad perspective for the entire playerbase or the competitive community

youtu.be/5ofSAgn5kgg?t=298

His personal tier list from his stream. His placement of 21 depends if she has absorbed any powers, absorb some powers, or absorbed a teleporting power.

But Broly is the Devil!

if someone demolishes you without mercy you should watch him and see how he does it

the only time fighting better players doesnt really help is if youre completely clueless and dont understand the games mechanics

Getting his ass beat by Recoome didn't let Vegeta beat Freiza.

That face looked like Hillary Clinton

Makes sense though

Is the game dead/dying on pc eu?

Hey but imagine what would've have happened if he didn't get those zenkai boosts. The same thing but freeza wouldn't even had to change forms. Get that zenkai user

>its a 16/goku black/vegeta team or a cell/goku black/vegeta team
are these people actually having fun or are they tryharding for the sake of it

every game is dying :(

Why wouldn't they? He's a solid point to get things moving

>implying tryharding isn't fun

>waaaaaah why is no one playing my all human team? where is the ginyu gotenks teen gohan teams?
More annoying than tier faggots to be honest.

But they are.

I'm fucking yellow , and i'm not strong at all.

have you considered the fact that theyre fun to play as well

not everyone is a hipster

Soon

appearently 3vs3 party matches affect the box color

>if someone demolishes you without mercy you should watch him and see how he does it
he pressed L and converted into an 80% combo at the start of the match

Watching him do that won't teach a new player how to handle neutral though, what is he supposed to learn "Oh I need to mash L when the match starts!"

it should teach you to not be a retard who runs into a jab?

we're talking about people new to fighting games here, besides, high rank players won't stop at a jab, they'll be throwing out crazy mixups and blockstrings

Maybe he should watch what he does himself. Stop running into fucking punches. Block. How did you get opened up? No you aren't going to do any of that. You are going to complain and say there was nothing you could do you fucking shitter.

just dont get hit LOOOOOOOL

Yeah, that's pretty good lesson against getting hit.

I love the team. The salt is pretty good as well though.

people who dont understand how fighting game mechanics work at all are a lost cause unless they bother to read up on it, too bad this games tutorials are shit
if you get hit by a jab at the start of a round in this game you're an absolute retard, that's not how this game works

personally I was trying to build a team around 21
ended with a 21/Vegeta/Goku team
it's not goku black, but both of them have the same assist

Yep, pretty much.

>tries out tenshinhan
>his damage without meter is slightly above average
>has beams
>volleyball shenanigan

and I was just trying out a volleyball team

Isn't pot, it's more of a case of he is the best so you intentionally give out bad advice to undermine everyone else on shit you don't even use and 70% of the retards will fall for it

No one can contest him on it anyway

>SS Vegeta most faults
>Hit most well-rounded
I get that he mains Hit but he literally has a gameplan built around having one BIG fault while being utterly dominant outside of it.

I was doing that yesterday. I really don't want vegeta on the team though. I'm tired of playing him. Trying 21/Adult Gohan/Goku Black but gohan's assist feels pretty useless for combos for 21.

>get in match
>doing good as usual
>opponent starts making high risk moves that are paying off
>game is super contested to end
>dropping combos, whiffing hard, etc. and being desperate
>first to get hit loses
>I get hit and lose
>insta rematch
>same shit, but this time we swap roles of chokers
>I win close one
>final match
>both of us are fucking scared shitless, probably best match we both ever had
>last hit wins again
>mfw I get it and win
I think that is enough matches for today.

>the blues are point characters
Doesn't Bluegeta rely too much on meter to be point?

I really like Yamcha's assist for 21, but I'm not sure I'm feeling 21's assist for Yamcha. Still trying to make it work, but can't decide on a third. I hate Vegeta, though I'm considering SS Goku.

People are sleeping just a little bit on him. Not as much people are sleeping on Ginyu/Fat Buu/Piccolo, but still. He's got almost every tool he needs, and while he can spend those bars he doesn't always NEED to.

What's he use meter for? The EX grabs are situational, the EX rekka kicks aren't that great, and his Level 1s do just fine on damage. He's more dangerous with meter since he has Level 3/5 stocked and EEYAH EEYAH super goes through some stuff on that first punch, but that's all.

I don't mind playing against Black. He's a cool character. Vegeta gets old though.

>What's he use meter for?
I thought most of his BnB stuff required vanish or EX dunk

Piccolo is trash

>not dunking on niggas

>Vegeta
>fun to play

He's the most boring shitstain cunt in the game, the only reason people use him is for his assist. Otherwise he's probably the worst character to have out.

>There are people who are actually blue squares

How? I'm a complete shitter and I'm at least light green and can beat yellows most of the time. I acknowledge that as bad as I am there are still people worse than me but surely they'll be dark green at most? You'd have to barely be able to string two moves together in a game with autocombos to be blue.

21 is lucky desu.

>Tfw already gone through 3 controllers within a weekend

THIS IS THE STANCE

How do you get blue square?

eventhubs.com/news/2018/feb/10/here-marvel-vs-capcom-infinites-participant-numbers-some-biggest-tournaments-last-few-months/

Why didn't MvCI make evo lads? It consistently had one of the highest tourney entries the past year. Why was it shafted?

not him, but I would like the situation in the corner with EX Dunks
Blugeta currently needs meter to land dunks in combos

He's super fucking reliable, what are you smoking?

Wrong thread buddy :)

I faced two blue squares last night and they definitely mash L for everything and never ever block, vanish, or dragon rush. No tags either.

maybe you can use 21 to hitconfirm off non EX wolffangfist?
it's still a decent assist in neutral though, not a beam, but it's a durable projectile

>How?
I bought the game day 1 with my friends
Most of them were fucking absurd at MvC games, meanwhile I'm more of a SFV/GG person.

I really only play them so they quickly ranked me down to blue and I haven't climbed back up yet since they just kick my ass.

This game needs evil Goku DLC

>more Goku

that makes no sense. as a GG player you should be dominating the neutral game with IAD