/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html
>Tekken 7 Confirmed for EVO Sunday Spot
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2018/2/6/tekken-7-returns-to-evo-this-year-in-the-sunday-arena.html
>StrongStyle Tournament Feb 10-11 11:00AM PST
twitch
.tv/teamsp00ky

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

first for jimmyj will win this whole thing

jin did nothing wrong

I hope so. Dragunov is so boring.

I love Alisa!

Joey thought he was still playing Paul. I've never seen a Jack do THAT many death fists.

TEKGEN TIER OPINION POLL

>Main+Rank
>Character with the best offense
>Best defense
>Best comeback potential
>Best for tournament
>Best for deathmatch
>Best with a bad connection
>Most stylish

Shadow is way too respectful and honest

Do you have a spreadsheet with all the stats you've collected so far?

A serious problem for tournament Claudios is that they don't hopkick enough.

Me: Asuka Mighty Ruler
Best offence ---> Best with bad connection: Kazumi
Most Stylish: Asuka

>Main+Rank
Jack Usurper
Dragunov
>Best defense
Feng
>Best comeback potential
Akuma
>Best for tournament
Devil Jin
>Best for deathmatch
Devil Jin
King or Bryan
>Most stylish
Steve but special mention to Feng and Lili

every time I see Jack landing df2 I feel like killing myself

>tekgen blue rank commenting on flaws in a top 12 tournament player

>saint panic art

saint shook mode engaged

>the connection drops
>their character just happens to be better at a bad connection
Fighting games online is always a bad idea.

SAINT BTFO BY QUDANS SO HARD THAT HES SHOOK EVEN NOW

AMERICA
M
E
R
I
C
A

wow this game is fucking trash and random as fuck

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anything but america

/pol/ BTFO

Top 8 Claudio, that was pretty good play outside of the last set though, you can see that his only problem is doing that claudio low that is seeable offline and saint make him paid for it

Damn, this shadow kid is pretty good aint he?

No joke though, That match was crazy I could barely watch lmao

HAPPY BLACK HISTORY MONTH RIBBIT

cuckold

Man Saint played so fucking sloppy all weekend. He's definitely not gonna be happy with his performance and gonna need to reflect. He's not making the gutsy plays he normally does and he keeps letting time kill him.

kill yourself dont fucking talk to me lmao

Nope. I make these to see what people think about different aspects of the game, and to keep the thread bumped and lively.
That's a really good idea though

>He's not making the gutsy plays he normally does
F,F+1 x Infinity

Thank God for no echo fox grand finals. Fuck Saint and fuck Jack with that retarded, broken, half-screen df2, get fucked chink.

>>Best with a bad connection
Any snake edge

but bro it's pure fundamentals xD

>He's not making the gutsy plays

Is this a elaborate joke?

>Main+Rank
DJ/Heihachi Vanquisher
Bryan
>Best defense
Jack
>Best comeback potential
Geese/Akuma
>Best for tournament
Dragunov/Jack
>Best for deathmatch
Heihachi
Josie/King
>Most stylish
Bryan/Jin

Name a character more based on fundamentals.

>broken
>-14

Explain.

Lars

Saint makes really ballsy plays but they make sense. How he's playing this weekend is just kinda stupid.

Haha no.

Another Jack makes a victim

Is top 8 tonight or tomorrow?

How isn't he?

He's all about crushing.

tonight

What? The only prominent crush move he uses is db4. Just like Jack with debug. Everything else is way too risky.

That akuma got every single hard read right, holy shit he's amazing.

Jack debug doesn't launch on counterhit. Lars also has uf3, uf4 and db1+2. Jack has no panic moves like that.

>Akuma doesn't break the rules of Tekken

fuckin rickstah in top 8 lmao

the state of american players

>Explain.

Half-screen range, extremely fast start-up, good crush properties, impossible to punish if you aren't at zero range.

>Beats Jeondding
>loses to Rickstah
????????

>Rickstah is being called amazing
>Saint out before top 8
>Tekken Bancho is smashing people
>An American is a favorite to win the whole tournament
Did Strongstyle open a portal to another dimension?

Carried by Akuma. Rickstah was a nobody in Tag 2.

lmaooooooooo

The fucking animation is super misleading aswell, feels like visually you are out of range but nah nigga magnets and shit get over here and get launched.

>Half-screen range
This exaggeration is really silly. It's long range but half screen is really over exaggerating.
>extremely fast start-up
i15 is pretty standard for a d/f2 launcher
>good crush properties
What fucking crush properties?
>impossible to punish if you aren't at zero range.
Maybe if you're a fucking idiot or have T Rex arms. You can punish it on whiff easily let alone on block.

>Lars also has uf3
a glorified launch punishable hopkick, nothing you'll see a good Lars player using more than once in a set
>uf4
Slower, moves him, and is way shittier on whiff then Bryan's. Not a good orbital, definitely not a 'panic' move. You'll get hit by any df1 or jab trying to use it that way.
>db1+2
Nobody uses this outside of a hard read on a string and specific moves he can interrupt/bait out. Again, a move you'll see like once in a set.

>Jack has no panic moves like that.
because he doesn't crush doesn't mean he doesn't have panic moves.. the fuck? Jack has one of the best panic moves in the game with f2

TAUNT JET UPPER

t. beaten by rickstah online

>Jack has one of the best panic moves in the game with f2
>A high that only does anything if it's a CH and unlike all of Lars panic moves it just gets an assured FF4 compared to a full launch
You're a fucking idiot

f2 is good but it relies on actually beating your opponent's move and not crushing it.

you guys have to be joking
It's literally a safe i10 ch tool. When you're being pressured it's almost never a bad idea to throw out when you see a gap.

>It's literally a safe i10 ch tool
>safe
Keep showing that you don't know what you are talking about. Please, you embarrassing yourself is great.

KEK FREE LING

Good to see that JDCR is the only one not jet lagged.

>>>safe

>safe
lmao

>It's long range but half screen is really over exaggerating.
You know what I mean, don't play dumb. It has the longest range out of any df2 by far.
>i15 is pretty standard for a d/f2 launcher
For a move with that much range that you can pretty much use as a keep-out move, the start-up is too fast.
>What fucking crush properties?
Am I arguing with a noob here? The crush properties of Jack's df2 are some of the best out of any df2, mostly because of its range.
>You can punish it on whiff easily let alone on block
It's extremely hard to properly punish the move, even on whiff because of how long Jack limbs are. You can't reach his body with a proper whiff punish if you're not at zero range. There are tons of videos around of JDCR vs. Saint where JDCR doesn't even bother to punish the df2 if he's not at zero range because he'll just get baited into another move.

I'm not fucking Jack player the site I was using said -9 I see now it's -12 though, still i10 and doesn't change why you'd use it.

add jack's f+2 being safe to the retard list. I swear it's the same guy every time

Jack has to have long range because he gets murdered at close range. df2 may be difficult to punish if you're not used to it but it's definitely doable. It has some slight high evasion but it's definitely not one of the best crushing moves in the game.

You're clearly ignorant of Jack, and can't be bothered to lab him. Stop whining

>You know what I mean, don't play dumb. It has the longest range out of any df2 by far.
Yeah that's kinda Jack's thing. He gains some range and damage but everything sucks on block with almost nothing being plus and just barely being safe.
>For a move with that much range that you can pretty much use as a keep-out move, the start-up is too fast.
You do know it can be whiff AND block punished right? Yeah it's a keep out tool as well but without it Jack would have ZERO ability to dissuade people from rushing his ass down.
>Am I arguing with a noob here? The crush properties of Jack's df2 are some of the best out of any df2, mostly because of its range.
Okay so you don't know what crushing means, gotcha.
>It's extremely hard to properly punish the move, even on whiff because of how long Jack limbs are. You can't reach his body with a proper whiff punish if you're not at zero range.
What the fuck whiff is happening at zero range you literal retard? We have seen it whiff AND block punished at multiple ranges all weekend.
>There are tons of videos around of JDCR vs. Saint where JDCR doesn't even bother to punish the df2 if he's not at zero range because he'll just get baited into another move.
First you don't know what ranges are so please stop saying them. Second the reason he doesn't as Dragunov is because his options to do so are small range or bring high risk themselves so if he's slightly off he's fucked, not to mention Dragunov doesn't have a good punish for it. When he plays Heihachi he launches it pretty consistently.

Maybe the fact that it's a high which doesn't crush and doing this is risking a fucking CH? Oh let's not forget if they are doing an airborne move you can't even convert any damage off of it because you send them flying so you don't get a float combo.

>lose to a shit player on a bad connection
>know that the lag was the reason why I dropped crucial punishes and combos
>still can't shake the feeling that I'm shit for losing the game
Laggers are the worst thing. I can live with pluggers and mashers because they at least don't make you feel incompetent when you don't deserve it.

I'm not that guy. I'm just saying you're overrating Lars' panic moves and underselling f2

>it's definitely not one of the best crushing moves in the game.

It's has the best crushing properties out of any df2, learn to read.

>You're clearly ignorant of Jack, and can't be bothered to lab him

I already said that punishing df2 if you aren't at zero range isn't worth it. People, including myself, came to that conclusion after labbing the character. If JDCR doesn't bother to punish your move than it's hard to punish.

What a formerly rude caster.

I'm not that guy who that other guy was arguing with
Such is life on a vietnamese fishing forum

>It's has the best crushing properties out of any df2, learn to read.
Nope. Josie's df2 has better crushing.

People punish df2 all the time. JDCR missing the punish once in a high pressure situation doesn't change that.

what characters are objectively better/easier on stick?

Has Pling been training in the hyperbolic time chamber?

Compared to pad? Yoshimitsu in my experience. I've also had more succes with bryan on stick compared to pad.

Bryan

I LOVE ARIS MEEMS STONER ZXDDDD

shh, keep it down will ya?

>Yeah that's kinda Jack's thing.
Thanks for agreeing with me.
>with almost nothing being plus and just barely being safe
Wow, did you seriously just say that? Are you a green rank by any chance? Jack's wall pressure with plus moves is insane.
>You do know it can be whiff AND block punished right?
The best player in the world doesn't bother to punish the move because of how broken it is. A df2 should never be strong enough to be used as a keep-out move yet Jack players can freely throw that move out safely from out of zero range.
>Okay so you don't know what crushing means, gotcha.
What the hell are you even talking about? The crushing properties of Jack's df2 are absolutely insane.
>We have seen it whiff AND block punished at multiple ranges all weekend.
Yes, at zero range or at the wall. Saint throwing out his df2 all day from out of zero range were NEVER punished.
>he doesn't as Dragunov is because his options to do so are small range or bring high risk themselves
That's exactly what I was arguing you retard, you're agreeing with me. The best player in the world using a top 3 character can't be bothered to punish a fucking df2 because of how broken it is.

aris cucks aren't welcome here

Jackken status: defeated

You are overestimating what F2 is capable of

A panic move that is a high, doesn't crush ANYTHING, and can't convert into a combo is fucking garbage compared to most panic buttons in the game especially Lars' panic buttons.

fuck what you thought bitch

we have a butt hash huffing ignorant biggot over here