What are some Veeky Forums approved vidya?

What are some Veeky Forums approved vidya?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QlST2-4N-vY?t=1m
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I for one learned everything there is to know from Victoria 2.

would you like me to share some of my clever opinions?

il2

Wargames.

It's not very historical but I'm addicted to Civilization IV.

The Realism Invictus mod is fun too.

This. Vicky taught me that the liquor industry was behind the industrial revolution and that bureaucrats regularly ate cement.

What game is this?

Hearts of Iron IV is pretty good if you like WW2, and it's brand new too.

>Realism Invictus mod
what does it do?

Which one is that napoleonic wargame where giving orders is actually realistic? So you write a letter and it gets delivered to the AI commander and then he hopefully succesfully performs them.

Scourge of war: Waterloo

Mount and Blade Napoleonic mod

The Stg in this pic is so bad I have a minor stroke every time I come across it. How does one fuck up drawing a gun that badly?

Eu4
CK2
how has someone not said this yet.

This.

>tfw the last living King's soldier is a bagpiper
>he hides in the outhouse and plays "Amazing Grace" until Ivan finds and shish kebabs him
God damn that game is fun.

Does FF Tactics count?

Came here to say this.
I think Vic2 is far superior to ck2, but that's mostly me just being bitter over the marriage system.

>thinks HoI 4 is good
>posts anime picture
damn, it's good you retards are so easy to spot

>goy 4
>good

opinion discarded

Scourge of War: Gettysburg

>animufag
>like HoI4

Pleb spotted

Post liquor

Nice taste OP

Ultimate General: Civil War
Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad
Total War: Shogun 2 & Fall of The Samurai
Mount & Blade: Warband Napoleonic Wars & Viking Conquest DLC

>HOI4
>Good
The game was fucking butchered to cater to newfags who can't handle army hierarchies and NATO counters. The AI somehow managed to be even worse than HOI3.

The game is fucking shit and ahistorical as fuck since the AI cant do anything right.

It's not an STG. It's an MKB42, which came before the STG.

Star Wars Battlefront

Realism Invictus has excellent look and feel, but lacks some very important gameplay additions from Caveman2Cosmos.

Then again, it's nowhere near as bloated.

That looks fucking terrifying. What game is that?

Itl looks like Il-2 Sturmovik to me. Probably the best WW2 flight simulator ever made.

Love EU4. Especially early colonization and stealing money from african """empires""".

HIP mod for CK2.

Pic related and AoE2 are great

I like Total War:Attila

Mostly because this era is so ignored.

I played this as a kid and the gore really got to me, as did the panicking soldiers and such

>Stg

Guess again

The Waterloo version of this game.

Medieval 2 total war, probably my favourite game ever.

me too, it never got old for me.

first game was better

Worst version desu

I've never played the first I got into the series when Rome came out, from photos I've seen medieval 1 looks very dated

mmm and Empire, that game was great

After you modded the shit out of it

Plays better than Medieval 2 with better AI and mechanics. Looks fine too considering medieval 2 devolves into low quality sprites at a distance while they always look nice in MTW.

>complains about anime images
>on an anime imageboard
When will you guys learn?

HOI3 wasn't some brilliant masterpiece user, the only reason people think it was harder is because it took half an hour in real life to progress one day in game without screwing something up.

Besides, give it time, with all the free stuff they give us with updates it'll fill out soon enough.

>better mechanics
>can't take advantage of terrain AT ALL on a strategic level.

There's nothing wrong with anime, but it kind of emphasizes what kind of idiot you are when you attach it to an incredibly stupid post.

MoW:AS2

>An abhorrent post and an abhorrent image bundled together

>shits on HOI4
>suggests Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

The Assassins creed games, while obviously fiction, do a pretty good job in recreating the cities as they appeared in the time periods the games take place

What's that?

Hegemony Gold is simple and fun. You can conquer ancient Greece. Hegemony 3 clash of the ancients is all about uniting Italy under rome or other kingdoms

I actually just ordered the first Rome Total War with the barbarian and Alexander expansions. Am I in for a fun time? I'm not a huge video game player, but enjoyed it the one time I played it.

Vanilla is a bit ahistorical and inaccurate but it's a fun game.

Once you want the real deal, get either of these mods:

>Europa Barbarorum
>Rome Total Realism

Both are complete overhauls that make the game more realistic and authentic. EB is pure autism, RTR strikes a good balance between realism and fun gameplay.

To be fair, all those people shitting on him are probably /gsg/ autists with literally thousands of hours logged into paradox titles, it might as well be an enjoyable game for someone new to genre.

It's still in early Alpha so there are lots of bugs and unfinished features, but Ultimate General: Civil War is shaping up nicely despite being made by a tiny team.

Pic related is me opening my counter-attack on the Yankee invader during the 2nd Battle of Manassas.

>he doesn't immerse himself in the autism.

I still play Rome Total war vanilla quite often

I heard about this being in 'early alpha' like six months ago or longer

It's only been in Alpha since November

Vicky 2 taught me that liquor factories were the real economic powerhouse of the 19th century. I think I'm going to write about the liquor industry's total economic control for my thesis.

That does look alright, but is this about replaying historical battles or are there skirmish modes too? What about multiplayer?

At least to this user, that looks almost like wargame.
Keeping my eyes on it now.

Play Medieval (1) for both a more historically authentic game and a better strategy game.

I'm still salty about the pikes. Fuck CA.

Verdun

It's a perfect simulation as to what dying in mud and pain and agony is like.

youtu.be/QlST2-4N-vY?t=1m

Practically Any Paradox historical game and everything Total war related apart from warhammer.

Hey, friends. My main game is still Civ 4, but I'd be massively fucking interested in any game based around the medieval spice trade, or the British-Chinese tea and opium trade, or any of that shit, you get the idea. That's my favorite era & setting of history.

Anybody who could point me towards such a game would legit have my gratitude.

Trade? Empire total war, Europa universalis, victoria 2 in some senses, don't really know games that are super heavily focused on trade apart from those i mentioned.

>That does look alright, but is this about replaying historical battles or are there skirmish modes too?

Yes, there's single historical battles, a campaign where fight small skirmishes and large historical battles with some lite RPG elements , and a skirmish mode that lets you set up battles. It's pretty fleshed out for a early access game.

King of Dragon Pass is a shoo-in. The best game to get a feeling of bronze-age culture in general. Ironically the science-fiction Caves of Qud is also great at creating a bronze-age feel, but it is only a feel.

Dominions 4 is a better Veeky Forums grandstrat than any Paradox game ever was. Paradox games are paradoxically overrated when it comes to history. The exception is M&B, which is God-tier.

Dark Souls must be considered. The original, specifically. Demon Souls too, probably, but I never played it. In this I am talking about feeling, atmosphere, similarly to KoDP.

Gary Grigsby games in general.
Unfortunately there are no good ones. Only the EU series, which is complex but lacks any depth at all. Believe me, I've looked.

I've hundreds if not thousands of hours in various Total War games, but I just can't get myself to play them anymore.

The huge turn-based campaign map movements and the constrained square battle maps just disgust me by now.

Don't discard Shogun 2; it is amazing at making you feel like a Japanese warlord. But, I admit I've never finished a game.

He's not wrong. The only HOI you should be playing is 3.

The only HoI you should be playing is Darkest Hour.

This one

I have 377h in that title alone, though Fall of the Samurai also plays a large role.

It's an awesome game, and does much right - and much of what it does wrong is fixed by mods.

But I just can't overlook the strategic movement and battle map problems any more, and the absolutely atrocious AI.

kys

It saddens me that Reddit loves this game so much.

I enjoy Total War Attila

You have to go back.

Pls tell me you only play in full autism mode

Don't forget Stainless Steel

warhammer 40k

Europa Univarsalis 4
Victoria 2
Mount & Blade Napolean DLC
Total War: Medieval 2
Total War: Rome

A lot of people like Graviteam Tactics, not really a fan of the UI though.

Anyone know of any way in which to meet other people who'd possibly be interested in an online/multiplayer game of either HoI:2 or HoI:3?

>le "just draw a line and whoosh, that's all the strategy you'll have to do" game

Nope nope nope. We have Verdun and you choose BF1?

Verdun is ded tho

CK2

>King of Dragon Pass
God tier taste my friend.

the shogun 2 vanilla AI was a mega improvement compared to what we have seen in previous games.

Alea Jacta Est, Ageod game

I have always wanted to "get" this game but can't find it in PB.

Any link or source/hint you could provide?

This so much
>try and take enemy trench
>teammates killed within seconds
>pinned down in a shellhole in no man's land by some fuck off machine gun
>shellhole is filled with water but I can't get my head out because of the fucking machine gun
>choice between drowning in mud or getting shot

Truly grim, especially since about half the battles always end in a draw with neither team making any real progress

Who /ageofmythology/ here?