Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Bell Curve Edition
Previous jej:
The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Corneroids
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>Opus Magnum
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers
>TerraTech

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in CLANGhalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0_wyhtxI8TE
youtube.com/watch?v=zrzKih5rqD0
forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57752
youtube.com/watch?v=6TIXDbxtzMY
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/406499572/#406511692
youtube.com/watch?v=QXay1pdfQpI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for machinecraft

we will one day reclaim the old lands and purge /egg/ of it's heretics

youtube.com/watch?v=0_wyhtxI8TE

>13mm rockets
>solid rocket propellant BULLET

what the FUCK

rare /egg/ Discord link
discord.gg/dgfPUm
no physicians allowed

>discord
nigga cmon this place is dead enough

seconded

>the prostate heating dildos
people are funny

Show me your fugly mobiles

>discord

Have an early closed beta picture of my car.

retro

>Discord

trens

Them's some nice lazors.

is that in the game now?

will they add other things, like missile turrets?
or maybe make missiles not be a terrible waste of time as a first step?

>and the small car with its sick skidz narrowly escapes the much larger predators, who move on to find an easier meal

youtube.com/watch?v=zrzKih5rqD0

it's the smol life

>Factorio 0.16.23
mostly bugfixes:
forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57752

Never played any of these games before. I've been interested in Space Engineers for awhile. How is it? Is it worth getting into?

if you have decently strong computer
and you have an itch for clang, yes
the OP image applies

>Spider legs have less structure, less tonnage and are slower than the new meatgrinders
>Spider leg vehicles can get pushed by small-wheeled cars that weigh literally half as much as they do
>Spider legs move SLOWER when going downhill
>Spider legs get slowed by sand of all things
>Spider legs can't climb over anything the wheels can't climb over
>Spider legs don't have any ballistic resistance while tracks do
>Spider legs are the slowest means of transportation in the entire game while not even being close to having the highest structure
Spider legs are shit and it ain't fair, bros.

>add a rotor in case my car flips over
>car flips over
>rotor explode

Can we gas the marek now?

>Formerly /svgg/
We should get over it and drop this part.

nice try,

Tachikomas deserve better than this.

/egg/ newfag here, what is the best beginner games?

Factorio is easy to get into, has a more gradual learning curve than most. My first /egg/ was From The Depths, it's fine if you're willing to watch maybe 30-60 minutes of videos on the basics.

>Besiege (haven't tried it because I'm broke)
>Children of a Dead Earth (same as besiege)
>Crossout (eh, grindfest but f2p)
>Factorio (if you're patient)
>From the Depths (same as besiege)
>Garry's mod
>Opus Magnum (same as besiege)
>Space Engineers (would recommend if you have decent potato to run it on)
>Stormworks (there was a demo a few days ago, dunno now)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Chode is also very good for a beginner. All you have to do is take a stock module and tweak it until the numbers get better, it isn't hard because qswitched did such a shit job with the stock ships.

>see new SpaceEng patch
>kinda want to try it again
>realize there's nothing to fucking do

There's nothing to do but autismbuilding shit with no purpose. I want to build shit for the purpose of solving problems, not just looking good and uploading them to the workshop. What problems do I need to solve in Spengies? PvP and PvE are a joke, there's nothing pushing me to make an optimized design for whatever purpose (the closest thing to that is slapping on more drills to get more materials to build a bigger ship with more drills to get more materials and so on).

I'd love if there were some sort of point-capture PvP mode where building proper combat ships and optimizing your material output mattered because whoever has that under control will be able to keep on the points better. Even that however would encounter issues, mainly in how simplistic the building of ships is (it's not like there's any real engineering challenge to building a huge mining ship, it's just about having materials to build it), and there's no AI so in the end there's no real "war", either you play with pubbies who shit up everything but are enough to actually man 4-5 ships, or you play with some friends who won't shit up everything but unlikely to be enough to do more than 1v1 ship fights.

I really want to play Spengies, but I always end up spending a few hours setting up mining and production to realize there's not really anything for me to do with it.

Besiege certainly, since it's not difficult unless you are literally retarded, and teaches you to pay attention to what parts are assigned to controls and where the center of mass is etc.
Also it's a good gauge of how much crazy shit your PC can handle.

>Factorio (if you're patient)
Is this a mild description for it is too complicated?

It's not complex or anything, it's just not a game you can really rush.
Unless you speedrun it, which some people do.

I just set up a rendezvous so precisely in KSP that I accidentally obliterated my space station.

Nice

Upcoming, most likely in 0.17
Don't expect a missile turret, unless they implement a way for projectiles to not hit friendly objects that have collision boxes. But then again, we're getting actually fucking lasers for our LASER turrets finally so who knows.

>Is this a mild description for it is too complicated?
I don't understand.
Are you asking if it's complicated? Not terribly. It's accessible. It takes some learning and patience. That can be said about every other game, here. These are games that allow you to stretch your brain. I think of them like puzzles. Fun puzzles. If you're not having fun, play something else. There was a mega link for Factorio a few threads back. I'll try to find it, just in case you want it. Try it.

mega nz/#!XBdHxYKL!u8rZtaNyDMbIqfuIHYBYOnVSzupwV7YQg38xyd-XoVI

add a period between mega and nz
I assume you know how to unzip a file. If you need help, ask. When it asks you to log in, just press ask later.
>Thanks to the user who put up this link in the first place.

don't forget to turn off the mods if you're into that like I am

I reread what you wrote and "no". Don't mind me, I've been up for like 24 hours.

Sucks to be you. I've had great fun designing pure vanilla atmospheric tiltjet guided missile bomber for past few days even though I haven't moved and inch in my progress.

almost ded
youtube.com/watch?v=6TIXDbxtzMY

There is any good /egg/ Android game? If no which one is the best bridge construction one?

>no /egg/ in op
good job physician

It's in there 5 times you moran

thanks, I'm 2/2 for fucking it up
third time's the charm

yesterday there was some top physician in /v/ who moves his entire factory to new ore fields.
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/406499572/#406511692

what the FUCK

wait, he plays without trains? he moves like a a nomad once everything on his current spot is depleated?
new gamemode: nomad (no trains, no bots)

>Interstellar Rift
Has anyone seen that game? How fun is it?

It's fine as is for the purpose it holds considering it's the only good use for not for sale items other than turning them to scrap.
I like getting little random boons from shit because I'm a dork. They do need to make all fusions equally as good though rather than some being clearly better.

Also, thrust power
>Hermes: 5/3
>Light rocket: 4.4/3
>Rocket: 4/3
Though hermes may weigh more.

77.23.41.153:34197 the server is updated to 0.16.23

I didn't like it at all when I tried it. Take Freelancer, then remove as much polish as physically possible, and you have Interstellar Rift. It just feels like shit to play.

fuck
Are there any games where you can build cozy decent looking spaceships and the game doesnt crash every 3 minutes?

No.

>maximum radiation, minimum judaism

>where you can build cozy decent looking spaceships
Is this your priority? I might have something for you...

i focking love this design
and the fact it wasn't intended makes it even better

Only Eternal Vigilance can keep us safe and clean, user.

KERBAL
SPACE
PROGRAM

It needs the ability to make your entire factory a vehicle
>[Municipal Darwinism intensifies]

here's your 300 coins, bro

MODS

>I assume you knoe how to unzip a file
he just asked a retarded question, doesn't mean he's actually retarded why're you babying him so much ?
if this is you, I'll add you're a moron or moran.

Some missions would be nice, to give a purpose to my creations.
But im ok with mining everything and hoarding resources in a sekret mountain/asteroid base.

Planet Nomads?

>kerbal space program should be banned because devs' incompetency made serious discussion of the game impossible and the general devolved into namefag shitpostfest
The issue was it having an entire general for itself. Face it, if spengies had a separate thread, after a few months it'd have nothing but memes, KEEN hating and shitposting too.

That doesn't mean it's allowed here, anus

the lack of response to [REDACTED] posting is troubling.

interstellar rift is tedious and unfulfilling. the ship builder is the worst of several /svgg/ i have played. but at least it's not unity, amirite?
i am no empyrion shill, but for comfy (duplo) ship building and the outside chance of doing something with said spacebricks, it's prol the best option available.
but dual universe is already a better tech demo and game.

The movie had fucking better be good.
I can only hope they take notes from Fury Road on how to handle the tone.

>lack of response
isn't that the whole fucking point, to not give them replies? the response used to be "report and ignore" (which, by the way, shit up a good third of the thread with people spouting it and adding pictures), and now that people are doing both of those things, that's bad?

He probably meant by jannies/mods, which has been kinda worrying recently.
Looks like they're awake today though.

Alright, fair, my mistake. Have a tiny lizard to atone.

All space lego games are the same, just with different technical problems
I don't understand fagtorio but killing ayyliums and chopping down trees is good in my book
Don't play crossout if you have any self respect

>killing ayyliums and chopping down trees
This is the "filler" and meaningless part of the factorio though

Thanks mods

Design a cost effective zerg rush gunbote
Design an effective self repairing interceptor craft for capping NPC ships, one that can dock under fire and move em
Glue NPC ships together into a 12000 block monster
Build a car for Noctis Death Run (soon™)

Yeah, design, build and don't do anything with it afterwards.

Building a survival space hulk is its own rewards
When dedi serb stops crashing there will be a martian cnayon death run (also when physicians will learn to apply to warbros spengies)

So thats why nobody ITT recorded a webm dropping a nuke on ayy

simple planes

>that image

>prince of auschwitz the gas of time
You should read that shit, its better than actual literature.

Right angles are Nazi symbols? Pack it in, literally everybody, technology is inherently Nazi-related and any form of precision is oppressive.

There's no reason to be obtuse

I misunderstood the question, originally.

Why am I a moron or moran?

What about that mod where you factory is inside a train that never stops?

youtube.com/watch?v=QXay1pdfQpI

Boi, you have no idea. Reading books means you are the alt-right now.
Truly Deculture

What the fuck?
I'm fucking dying. I hope it gets better.
Cuckout, pls.

what if I'm reading obscure soyboy sci fi

Fucking kek.

Isn't that heavily outdated and sort of... boring? Yeah, you can reconfigure your factory and everything, but it's a set track and you don't really get a say in what the train does.