/khg/ - Kingdom Hearts General

rip my waifu edition

New to the Series?
Quick Start: i.imgur.com/kTpXdtz.jpg

Every single Kingdom Hearts game, besides the phone game, is now available on PS4! Catching up has never been this easy.
KINGDOM HEARTS I.5+II.5 ReMIX -- Released March 28, 2017
KINDGOM HEARTS II.8 Final Chapter Prologue -- Released January 12, 2017
KH 1.5 and KH 2.5 also available separately on PS3

Coming 2018

Monster's Inc Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=W5CTlRKa1SE
"Don't Think Twice" Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=Zc2vEr-618g
"Oath" Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=LuSh4-cbAOc

Less Disney worlds: gematsu.com/2017/07/kingdom-hearts-iii-less-disney-worlds-kingdom-hearts-ii-final-fantasy-vii-remake-along-areas July 18, 2017
Kingdom Hearts is canon to Toy Story: siliconera.com/2017/07/18/kingdom-hearts-iiis-toy-story-world-takes-place-events-toy-story-2/ July 18, 2017
IGN asking Nomura fan questions: ign.com/articles/2017/07/18/8-cool-things-we-learned-about-kingdom-hearts-3-at-d23-expo July 18, 2017
Famitsu Weekly Translation: khinsider.com/news/Famitsu-interviews-Nomura-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3-Toy-Story-battle-system-more-9760 July 19, 2017
Dengeki Interview: khinsider.com/news/Dengeki-Interview-with-Nomura-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3-and-Union-Cross-9827 July21, 2017

>Lore Resources
pastebin.com/tKPLZLiE
pastebin.com/eP0kJznN

KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ[Cross] Resources:
Available for both iOS and Android devices.

>GLOBAL Updates
twitter.com/kh_ux_na
>JP Updates
twitter.com/KHUX_PR
>General News+Updates
twitter.com/Daybreak_Town

>Quick Help Guide [heavily depreciated]
pastebin.com/jQVKegVw
>Wiki
khunchainedx.com/
>Damage Calculator Update 2.37.67 - Spirit / Pet slot is live
khuxtracker.com

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

khinsider.com/news/Famitsu-Details-Some-of-KH3-s-World-Order-Pudding-Heartless-Gummi-Ship-Customisation-and-More-11333
famitsu.com/news/201802/11151608.html
meristation.as.com/kingdom-hearts-hd-2-5-remix-impresiones-gamescom/avance-juego/2001841
youtube.com/watch?v=gheqi_LAPf0&t=3s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The fuck is this OP

Guys....what if the Master of Masters is Sora from the future, who keeps looping the universe over and over again so nothing will truly end? What if everything was set up from the very beginning...by Sora. Grown up Sora, that is.

I think you're right. It's always been Sora's dream.

>There are roughly 10 worlds over the 3 parts, but it is unclear if that is just Disney worlds or all of the worlds in the game.
Nomura needs to say the number of all worlds in the game soon because I'm starting to get worried

khinsider.com/news/Famitsu-Details-Some-of-KH3-s-World-Order-Pudding-Heartless-Gummi-Ship-Customisation-and-More-11333

What a shit OP. I put a lot of thought into the last one and you come up with this abortion? For shame OP.

if you think this game isn't going to be cut up into pieces for season passes out the ass, by the king of season passes/dlc Square Enix, you have another thing coming. Expect Pixar worlds to be locked behind DLC/season pass. you know its going to happen. We'll get a borderline unfinished game on release date just like ff15, and just like deus ex, and all the other titles. Games come out unfinished now knowing everybody will pay again for the DLC/passes to finish it. Might aswell just wait for the actual finished FM edition a few years later

to be honest, both OPs are abortions.

>“I don’t think we’ll be keeping any worlds secret until the game is released. I think we will be introducing them leading up to launch,” he said. “Nowadays games can add content on after the fact through DLC content, so there’s no need to hide any worlds.”
nope, all worlds will be there at launch

Toy Story
Monsters Inc
Olmypus
Tangled
Big Hero 6
Twilight Town

So we have FOUR more worlds to be revealed? Nomura said somewhere that all worlds will be revealed before launch, so the trailer at e3 is going to be, if 10 worlds does happen, the most insane, batshit crazy trailer of all time.

Frozen
Star Wars
Jungle Book
and for the life of me, I can't think what will be the final one, I think another Pixar will happen, and I really think it's going to be Bugs life purely because of the theme of being small insect in a giant world will be kino, but maybe that has already been done by the TS world.

please god either Wall-e world or Atlantis the Lost Empire

what do you anons think the other four worlds will be?

>edition dedicated to the man who made this general possible
>an abortion
Screw you.

>Star Wars
no

We know all worlds will be revealed, but that doesn't mean ones won't be added later with DLC/passes. SE will never miss this opportunity

(You)

>Star Wars
It won't happen, user. Not in KH3. You will have to wait the game after it, or a KHUx update if they decide to go for it.

>choosing the most bland pic of Nomura for the OP
>not an abortion
You insulted him, not me.

Don't be silly, there will be no season passes.
All the DLC worlds will be obtained by playing Ux and only if you've got lots of jewels

In for a nasty shock when it happens user, don't say I didn't warn you. If you think a game series based on FM versions coming out won't have some kind of dlc after/season pass, you're delusional, and deep down you know its true.

Uh, khinsider might have fucked up. Famitsu doesn't mention the number of worlds. Like at all
Someone double or triple check their website
famitsu.com/news/201802/11151608.html
I've done it through google and microsoft translator. They never once mention 10 worlds

>there will be connection bonuses in KH3 if you played Ux
I wonder what it'll be, an extra cutscene or boss fight perhaps, I doubt Player will appear, but maybe they could have our Spirit show up and look different depending on how we customized them

Frozen is a given, there is no way it won't be in KH3 given its popularity. I'd be shocked if 100 Acre Wood wasn't included for the third installment too. If both are in that really only leaves two worlds, one of which would be the wildcard similar to how Nightmare Before Christmas and Tron were for KH1 and KH2.

For that last slot either Princess and the Frog or Wreck It Ralph would be something I'd want to see and could possibly see being included on the KH roster.

For the wildcard world I'm honestly not sure what they'd use. Roger Rabbit would be amazing but I doubt it could be done.

i want to get into khux but when i see all the cool outfits i missed out on it kinda puts me off

Should I even invest a slither of hope in some kind of Marvel world appearing? What if its the Pirates of the Caribbean world of KH3?

just make Spidey do a team up attack with Sora and I die happy

>connect your khux account to get the exclusive starlight keyblade for sora

This isn't the Riku I know and love

>100 Acre Wood
Isn't a real world. More like a pocket dimension.

why did he look older in kh2

Why do these desgins feel like Nomura acting like a 12 year old child not getting his way?

I can't help but imagine him sitting there at his pc, seeing a meme picture of those loads of zippers and things on sora and characters and him going "OH, SO THEY DRONT RIKE MY ZIPPERS? I RILL SHROW THEM!!!" and then he puts 100000000s of fucking zippers on the actual designs.

Oh, they take noctis away from me??? I MAKE RIKU NOCTIS!!!

Can someone please tell me the likelihood of something. Will best boy Beast be in the next game? I know he turned human at the end of KH2, but damn it I had a really amazing time running through Hollow Bastion with him in 1, CoM, and he had one of the best worlds in 2. Will my guy make it in?

>riku becomes keyblade master
>soon after breaks his keyblade
HAHHAHA good one nomura

Truthful honest answer user? Maybe he'll be a summon, but I don't think we will return to Beasts castle.

>Starlight looks different depending on level
>have to start new account if want a non-gaudy keyblade

I'd say he's still doing a better job as Master than Aqua even with a broken Keyblade

I haven't seen a single picture of my dude Moot.
The only Marvel world is going to be the Big Hero 6 one. I can't imagine why you'd want a Marvel crossover at all since all their comics are ass currently and there is no possibility of anything but it being a shitty Avengers universe story if it were to happen.
I still think the models look like shit. Especially Riku now that he's Noctis apparently.

There's also this little nugget
>Mr. Yasue said, "This" Kingdom Hearts "is a bit different. One world is equivalent to one game, and things to do for each world are totally different. "My favorite world has not yet been announced so please look forward to it too."
Now remember 2014...
>Talking about the future, we told him how Frozen had been a resounding success worldwide, but above all, a phenomenon in Japan. Asking him how he would include this universe in the saga, always in a hypothetical way and not as confirmation, he explained how he liked everything related to the making of elements through the ice.
meristation.as.com/kingdom-hearts-hd-2-5-remix-impresiones-gamescom/avance-juego/2001841

How can I play through DDD without getting bored? I'm in Notre Dame and I want to drop it already.

>How can I play through DDD without getting bored?
you can't

Three weeks in. How am I doing?

How did you get the character to look so shitty but everything else looks normal?

not sure how you did proudmode but you are doing great

>just watched DDD intro again after a very long time

Real talk, how in the fuck is KH3 opening going to beat that? That shit was magical.

>Three weeks in
>Balls deep into Missing Ache
Bullshit

>implying he wont end up with the x-blade
you know its going to happen

How hard did you whale on that banner user?

Can someone fill me in really quick? I know Johnny Depp wasn't the voice actor for Jack in KH2. But fuck, is there any word on if the actual voice actors of Woody, Buzz, Sully, Mike, and Rapunzel will reprise there roles? I hope like Christ they all do

normally they do. Joohny depp is too much of a celeb to do VA work

Tom hanks's brother jim does all of woody's non-movie roles

The truth is that Nomura was a huge fan of Captain Eo and there will be a Captain Eo event in game.

Why the fugg did they make Mansex darker than Ansem?

The new song is great

Okay, I have 12 bosses left to fight, and I'll be done with KH2FM on Critical, 100%
>Lexaeus Data
>Xigbar Data
>Xemnas Data
>Xaldin Data
>Saix Data
>Zexion Data
>Axel Data
>Larxene Data
>Marluxia Data
>Luxord Data
>Demyx Data
>Lingering Will
And I've been grinding on Lingering Will all day long and getting nowhere, so I need to get myself out of this funk, and go about this differently.

If you could, can you rank these from EASIEST to HARDEST so I can have a plan of attack to get through them, and feel that sense of progression again? Just about the only one beside Lingering Will I've tried yet is Saix, and I wasn't getting wrecked so much as not getting his health down enough, so it's a mechanics thing.

As I'm going about it now KH2FM is becoming a chore than a game to complete, and I need this to be fun if I want to keep going.

Git gud

It was the long hair.

I just thought of something. What if KH3 sucks?

Impossible. I've been waiting so long that it could be a pile of steam trash that I'll have a strong bias enjoy it. My brain will not allow it to be terrible after waiting so long.

I mean we will already know the game will be a buggy mess. Normally the game should be in the debugging phase but we know the game is only like 70% complete

That's... what I'm trying to do?

Delet this

Git gudder then

I mean... play 0.2 and see if it tickles your fancy?

Lexeaus
Luxord
Demyx
Saix
Axel
Xigbar
Marluxia
Zexion
Larxene
Xaldin
Xemnas
Lingering Will

Or you could just rank the bosses and let me be on my way.

Yes. This. Thank you.

>Xaldin
>Hard
What is Jump spam?

Alright boys. So in the Toy Story world are the friends that Woody is referring to as being taken/gone Jessie and Bo Peep? Is that going to be the sub arc in that world?

It's not like they don't do reruns, though you sure did miss a lot of good shit

fun fact

the reason mr potatoe head isn't in anything KH related and TS is because Hasbro has the rights and they play dirty with him, for whatever reason.

Zexion, Marluxia, Demyx, Luxord, Roxas and Xaldin are all relatively easy from what I remember, though you'll still get slapped silly if you don't remember their pattern

That's gay.

Am I the only one scared KH3 will flop?

The additions of Toy Story and Monsters Inc are fucking amazing. The only problem is that those movies are damn near two decades old and seem like to little to late for any kid to give half a shit about. If they don't reveal Frozen at E3, with no sales from kids I think it'll be DOA.

How about you go for the Fenrir Negative Combo loop before you lose your shit on the game?

People either find Xaldin a cakewalk or struggle with him. There's no inbetween.

user, are you actually insane? Monsters Inc, and ESPEICALLY Toy Story are true fucking normie bait. I can't promise the game will be good or will be bad, but if you think money wise this game will flop with Toy Story in it, Monsters inc, Frozen, and if this does happen, Star Wars [lel] you're silly.

Out of all the games to make you think this game would be "DOA" you think without the inclusion of Frozen would kill off KH? lmao user how long have you been a fan of KH?

KH3, will do such stupiud sales numbers because of the hype and every single world which has yet to be revealed, its something for EVERYBODY. KH3 will be alot of things, but a flop in money is the last of your concerns.

Lexaeus
Saix
Xaldin
Luxord
Xigbar
Axel
Demyx
Marluxia
Larxene
Zexion
Vexen
Rucksack
Xemnas (Only because of Xemnas 2, Xemnas 1 is incredibly easy)
Lingering Will

Marluxia's easier than Xigbar if you know of the Firaga interruption when he begins his pools.
Larxene is around Xaldin's level if you use the Reflegamethod to just annihilate her.

I tried that, and I ended up doing worse than how I was doing with normal play. This one I'm not really angry about, I can tell it's just mechanics recognition and not being sure how to respond to stuff.

I've got the desperation move on lockdown, or at least if I mess up I have the tools to recover. What gets me most is the command locking and having to scramble to figure out what to do as he's still coming. Switching to Limit Form and Sonic Blading usually works, but then sometimes that's locked too, and as I'm trying to figure out what to do next I die. So that's a 60/40 thing I can get out of.

Or the Escape/Fall thing. I've never been good at the Gambler prompts, and that combined with the health drain, I've only gotten out once, only to have it planted on me again right after and die immediately. Usually getting hit with that is a wipe for me.

There's also a third thing where when LW fires that circle missile at the start, in THIS video
youtube.com/watch?v=gheqi_LAPf0&t=3s
He's able to knock LW back with a guard, but when the fight starts with me, I get hit with something he does, and the small attack knocks me to the whole other side of the arena, and then he's dashed around to behind me and wombo combo'd me so guarding the ball either is useless or impossible since I'm getting slammed at its arrival, and I can't tell what's causing the launchback since it doesn't happen elsewhere in the fight.

The rest is just dodging issues. Sometimes I can guard or dodge the juggling strikes, and sometimes I end up having to use curaga and then elixirs if it happened too much. Obviously I don't heal unless I'm down to the sliver because health because of once more/that other ability that protects me.

You're guarding far too early if Ultima Cannon is hitting you at all and you shouldn't start by guarding, react to what he's doing, don't just anticipate what he's going to do as that'll just cause problems. The hitbox is a bit ahead of the actual ball and Lingering Will doesn't usually do anything more than run at you when he does Ultima Cannon. Very rarely will he actually Ultima Cannon then proceed to repeat or go into something like turrets or the glider. Make sure you also know what part of the desperation gauge you're on so you don't eat hits, and remember that when Terra whips he sometimes goes straight into another whip so react to that as well.

Also, remember to hotkey Potions or get good at using them, on my PS3 run I forgot they existed and had an absolute hell of a time doing boss battles since I was waiting down the cooldown timer on Curaga instead of using simple potions to keep me alive and Curaga was a last resort.

>Vexen
>Rucksack
That's weird, those ones are the ones I've beaten so far. Vexen was simple for me through the FInal Form/Firaga Spamming with the Axel Keyblade, even when I kept eating his ice barriers again and again. I mean it wasn't 100% win every time, but 80/20 it was working for Lost Illusion farming. And Roxas was just the fight at TWTNW again, so I was used to the DM and The End nonsense. What was giving you trouble with those fights?

The first thing to do in LW fight is to dodge roll back then guard whatever he does. That way you won't go flying 10 miles away.

With Luxord's final attack, rapidly pause and unpause for the last one it'll make it much easier..

>potions
I just grind 99 Elixirs at Space Paranoids before I do boss attempts.
And it's not that Ultima Cannon hits me, it's that something he does before takes off like 5% of my health, and then I get ricocheted back across the field, so by the time I reflect the cannon, he's moved behind me or is doing something else.

He can hit you with his cannon which is what sends you flying.

Vexen is hell if you don't cheese him with the Final Form Firaga method thanks to the Anti-Form nonsense chasing you like the devil. I was strictly speaking from a normal battle perspective though, if you cheese Vexen he's Lexaeus tier. Roxas is also pretty easy it's just that until you learn his patterns you might have a bunch of trouble and he's one of the more technical fights that keeps you on your toes.

Too pure.

Budgeting of skip tickets - using them on quests which I don't have the medals for rather than the ones people consider "hard". Also I didn't worry about full completion.

I rerolled a new character during the Axel banner launch. Burned every jewel from every f2p source possible during the 0ap time on the axel banner.

>player will never meet their future wife or lesbian life partner
feels bad man

Okay. Sorry if it came off rude, I didn't mean it like that, but I remember having to learn Roxas's patterns from getting wrecked on normal fight back in 2.5 PS3, since I was underleveled.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I think I have some plans on what to do
-Dodge Rolls
-Lexaeus
-Luxord

Look up the id user.

I'm worried it will flop because if it does the series would stay dead for a decade like TWEWY has. I know Toy Story and Monsters Inc are tier 1 normie bait but I'm just scared it's not enough. I've been a huge fan since around 2007 or 08 I think. I was 7 or 8 years old and got a PS2 bundled with KH2 and have been a fan since. In all fairness I guess I wasn't around during the marketing of 1 and 2. I feel like all of the people that could be nostagiabaited into KH3 through Toy Story or Monsters Inc just don't give enough of a shit to pick up the game. I personally wouldn't really want it that much, but I think a Moana or Frozen world would help market it even more to normalfags or children. If you wanna take it up a notch even more in to draw in the normalfag market, I wouldn't be opposed to a Star Wars world if the mouse approved. I just don't want the game to flop because I want Square to start giving a shit about the series again and it only have to be 3 or 4 years until KH4. My worries with Toy Story though is think of it like this. If you were 8 years old when that movie first came out, you would now be 36. I'm not sure many 36 year olds would give a flying fuck about KH. I'm just worried about it succeeding. I don't think the Remixes did to well because Square would have rushed to do the PS4 ports much sooner if that was the case.

>My worries with Toy Story though is think of it like this. If you were 8 years old when that movie first came out, you would now be 36. I'm not sure many 36 year olds would give a flying fuck about KH.
By this logic, none of the games should have gotten anywhere, since the first trailer was promoting Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland.

Would you even really consider Toy Story or Monsters Inc in terms of legacy even being close to Peter Pan or Alice in Wonderland though? I don't think the Disney aspect was what sold so many people on it. I think it was more the Final Fantasy Square aspect behind it. That coming off of the coat tails of FFVII and that entire audience looking for what was next after they were done with Final Fantasy X.

I think the last Disney worlds revealed after Frozen will be Fantasia, another classic Mickey world, (live action) Wonderland, and Atlantis. There are definitely going to be at least a few more original worlds in, the article just said the three teams are just working on three worlds each at the moment. Radiant Garden, Castlle Oblivion, a new town (Daybreak or not) and a new final world are pretty much guaranteed.

user, just, trust a random user on the internet who knows a lot more about this stuff than you. do not worry about sales of this game. What you've got to understand there, there are people in there 40s who buy Mario and kiddie games by the millions, every single year. Kids, no matter if its fucking the first ever Disney film, or the final, and born today, will always love Disney. There will always always always be an audience for Toy story/Monsters inc etc etc and it'll always sell millions. This game, is going to do the silliest numbers in gaming in a very very long time. Kh3 is one of the last white whales of gaming. There is only, from the top of my head I can think of, one more. Half Life 3, and that'll never happen. Out of all the reasons to be sitting there worried about KH3, the last, last, LAST one should be about it flopping money wise, just trust me on that.

and if it does happen, but it wont, but lets just say it does in a perfect world, a Star Wars world drops, this game will do such a stupid number I reckon it could get close to gta numbers, or atleast become a top dog up there. Everybody and there mother will be playing KH3 when this shit drops, twitch, youtubers, journalists will be going insane, there is far more hype to this game than you can imagine. Ages have nothing to do with nothing, all people need to see is Disney characters, it doesn't matter what they grew up with. You're thinking far too much about that and not realizing what a grasp Pixar/Disney films have on all ages. The mouse, one way or another, gets into every childs mainframe one way or another. This is the DEFINITION of nostalgia bait in an age of nostalgia. Just remember these posts when the game comes out and sales figures drop, you'll realize how insane you were to worry about it.

low res mode.

... lol, woops. responded to my own post.

this was meant for this

To be honest what scares me the most is if this game does insanely well.
Just think of all that idiots how play KH3 for the first time. I bet there will be reviews complaining how the story doesn't make sense and so many people asking dumb questions.
It makes me scared that anything past KH3 would have a super dumbed down story for the new players to understand.

One more thing on this I want to add

and if you're still not convinced, even if lets say, reviews bomb this game, lets say ""IT PLAYS LIKE SHIT ITS THE WORST GAME, WORST STORY, WORST WORSTY" [this won't happen, but lets just say hypothetically this happens. People will STILL buy the game. This is how games like, say, Sonic the Hedgehog sell. Sonic Forces for example, was the worst game ever, reviewed bombed it, everybody was ripping on it, however, it STILL sold. This is purely because he was Sonic, and people just want something to play, shit or not. Now combine that nostalgia with TS/MONSTERSINC/FF/KH and all of the other things I'm not bringing up, and the fact the game took 13 or w/e years to come out. This game could be review bombed harder than any video game ever made, and it would still sell millions. You've nothing to worry about in sales.

KH3, whether you like it or not, will do insanely well. I can't tell you what that means for the future, but it will do ridiculous numbers.

I just started playing today and did this roll after finishing the tutorial. Is it good? I really don't understand what medals are good or anything.

Oh no, those are awful. You should just make a new account
Lucky bastard, but you knew that already,
didn't you?

>bluestacks
Its good but what does your pull ever matter.
Emulator users arent allowed to compete in lux and other rankings

Ah alright, I guess I've probably been worried for nothing. I think I might be putting to much stock in the YouTube views. The Toy Story trailer from summer has around 5 mil, and the one that dropped a couple nights ago is hovering around 800k. That's really one of the only things worrying me about it. As it gets closer to release though and has a big e3 which I'm guessing will be the case it'll blow up a lot more. Isn't XV the best selling Final Fantasy game ever? They could probably make KH3 the best selling KH game ever if they tried. I guess another thing I haven't been taking into account is that it'll also have an Xbone release, so that adds another 30 mil playerbase. Guess I really shouldn't be worried about it flopping